Verified:

El Guapo Game profile

Apr 1st 2015, 18:16:14

anyone interested in sharing some principles of going to war. say a country double or triple taps. or as has happened to me the last 2 sets, i've run into Kekekekek guy that killed my country. and then in my noobness I mistook a country that was running a land farm as a bot and got retaled into oblivion.

how do you fight a good fight? is it better to straight kill a country or cripple? are AB or GS more devastating?

earf

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2015, 18:36:45

The key to fighting the good fight is to jhave a good or great country. The better country you can run the better you can do battle. If you want to be my student maybe I can teach you. I am thinking about taking on a protege.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2015, 19:04:52

Originally posted by El Guapo:
anyone interested in sharing some principles of going to war. say a country double or triple taps. or as has happened to me the last 2 sets, i've run into Kekekekek guy that killed my country. and then in my noobness I mistook a country that was running a land farm as a bot and got retaled into oblivion.

how do you fight a good fight? is it better to straight kill a country or cripple? are AB or GS more devastating?

Did this kekekeke character send you messages that are hard to read?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BUTTMAN Game profile

Apr 1st 2015, 19:10:57

and then in my noobness I mistook a country that was running a land farm as a bot and got retaled into oblivion.

If that's noobish, then im a super power noob as this has happened to me 3 weeks straight now.

Sometimes its fun to just absolutely demolish an opposing country with Artillery Barrage (AB) and missiles, very satisfying to see a country with 10k land and only 1500 buildings, but if I survive the first round of hits, I usually will try to save turns and go for the kill with Guerilla Strikes (GS) or Bombing Runs (BR). BR is ideal, but usually people have way too many turrets making GS an easier option.

Either way, I would recommend saving up to 360 turns and then spending them all at once to inflict as much damage as possible so the guy logs into a mess.

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 1st 2015, 19:31:54

Be sure to calculate your turns if you decide to kill. You will need to recoup readiness and poss buy more mil.

If you decide to kill it REALLY sucks to run out of turns during a KR. Counting minutes till your next, and hopefully last hit is more agonizing than childbirth, and takes years off your life. And if you do spend all your turns and its his turn to counter you have no turns to defend yourself, ie rebuild pop or tech or launch missles, etc. . So spend smart.

AB is for punishment, since killing with AB take the most time and resource generally. GS are awesome because you can use Ops to reduce the number of troops, whereas you canot reduce turrets for BRs.

When killing use Ops to reduce readiness and kill pop or oil, etc you will at the same time be replenishing your readiness. AB combined with Bomb Building Ops is particularly cruel.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2015, 19:32:43

There is no single strategy that you can use every single time.

Musts for War.
1. Better SPAL
2. 4% or greater warfare tech (if they have sdi, don't bother)
3. 30% military strategy tech

If you can kill their country GS > AB.
If you cannot kill their country AB > GS.

If you want specifics send me an email.

Edited By: Celphi on Apr 1st 2015, 19:35:15. Reason: [ Irrelevant ]
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 1st 2015, 19:39:55

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:
and then in my noobness I mistook a country that was running a land farm as a bot and got retaled into oblivion.

If that's noobish, then im a super power noob as this has happened to me 3 weeks straight now.

Sometimes its fun to just absolutely demolish an opposing country with Artillery Barrage (AB) and missiles, very satisfying to see a country with 10k land and only 1500 buildings, but if I survive the first round of hits, I usually will try to save turns and go for the kill with Guerilla Strikes (GS) or Bombing Runs (BR). BR is ideal, but usually people have way too many turrets making GS an easier option.

Either way, I would recommend saving up to 360 turns and then spending them all at once to inflict as much damage as possible so the guy logs into a mess.

With your country set to Tyr, 360 turns, proper Troops/Weapons+Mil Strat Tech/Readiness vs their Def, you can achieve the GS kill. IF they are not actively playing.

Think it took like 220 turns to kill Ninjas farm. But thats with Chem rockets, so Warfare vs no/low SDI is helpful

Edited By: g0nz0 on Apr 1st 2015, 19:44:34
See Original Post

earf

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2015, 19:41:18

lol You guys. what youre saying is true but it doesnt matter. El Guapo needs to blossom under my tutelage before he can put it into practice. You need the basics, the foundation, the fundamentals, before you can build the temple. Or turn the temple into a parking lot, as the case may be./ My country is always my temple.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 1st 2015, 21:47:10

God has spoken ^
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Xninja Game profile

Apr 1st 2015, 22:43:15

This thread is GOLD!
Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email:

Nerrus Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 3:04:21

Originally posted by earf:
lol You guys. what youre saying is true but it doesnt matter. El Guapo needs to blossom under my tutelage before he can put it into practice. You need the basics, the foundation, the fundamentals, before you can build the temple. Or turn the temple into a parking lot, as the case may be./ My country is always my temple.

His excellency, Darth earf... all hail Darth earf :-D
^..^ Surren ^..^

The only secrets you know are the secrets I deliberately let you know.

El Guapo Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 3:21:51

El Guapo Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 3:25:58

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Yes he did :) many messages, "to teach me lesson"

Thanks for all the input ya'll.

El Guapo Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 3:29:15

Originally posted by Xninja:
This thread is GOLD!

Xninja beware! I'm drinking my milk, and taking my vitamins! Learning the game...growing stronger! I'll soon be a worthy adversary lol.

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 4:12:58

One of the most, if not THE most important aspects of this game is survival. High NW, mad stockpiles, 1 billion jets, all that is great, but if you do get hit there are many aspects to recovering and launching a counter-strike. The strat forum has tons of great threads on things like rebuilding pop after a GS against you, the importance of SDI and Weapons tech, whether Med tech is worth the time, find defensive allies who aren't target rich themselves {like a Republic or Farm}. Spies are as much for defense as they are for offense. Less land=More SPAL in a crunch. Sleep is your enemy in Express, learn to pi$$ in water bottles and place a TV tray in front of the toilet to hold your laptop for those last few hours when Ninja scours the set for a rap3 victim who sullied the farming rules. It's all in there man, carpe diem!

Nerrus Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 4:49:00

Accept the lord, only Darth earf can save you, amen :)

Edited By: Nerrus on Apr 2nd 2015, 10:06:55
^..^ Surren ^..^

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2015, 7:05:59

We have nothing to earf except earf itself

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 2nd 2015, 7:22:16

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Yes he did :) many messages, "to teach me lesson"

Thanks for all the input ya'll.

LOL hahaha fun fun!
(•_•)

vatzooland

Apr 2nd 2015, 8:56:18

I think you should get 500,000,000 everytime you kill someone. Game would be som much more fun, ppl would be as defensive.

Nerrus Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 10:09:30

Wonder what that game would be like if we are allowed to only attack players with more than or equal to our net worth or land size, but we can retal anyone regardless of their net worth or land size?
^..^ Surren ^..^

Xninja Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 10:51:05

This thread is GOLD!

Xninja beware! I'm drinking my milk, and taking my vitamins! Learning the game...growing stronger! I'll soon be a worthy adversary lol.

I always beware the unknown. Though I would rather have a worthy ally than adversary. Come check out Free For All ;)
Overlord of Chaos
MSN/Email:

Nerrus Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 10:53:11

This thread is GOLD!
... Though I would rather have a worthy ally than adversary...

+1
^..^ Surren ^..^

Xninja Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 11:15:09

Originally posted by g0nz0:
One of the most, if not THE most important aspects of this game is survival. High NW, mad stockpiles, 1 billion jets, all that is great, but if you do get hit there are many aspects to recovering and launching a counter-strike. The strat forum has tons of great threads on things like rebuilding pop after a GS against you, the importance of SDI and Weapons tech, whether Med tech is worth the time, find defensive allies who aren't target rich themselves {like a Republic or Farm}. Spies are as much for defense as they are for offense. Less land=More SPAL in a crunch. Sleep is your enemy in Express, learn to pi$$ in water bottles and place a TV tray in front of the toilet to hold your laptop for those last few hours when Ninja scours the set for a rap3 victim who sullied the farming rules. It's all in there man, carpe diem!

Do you want an apology? I am sorry.... I really don't want all this attention :p

By the end, when all is said and done. Me and you are going to be BFF's <3

Outside of last set I don't think we have very much to disagree on. Your feelings regarding Mars2025 is pretty much spot on in comparison to mine. If I was in your position last set(express) I would have been more than likely saying the exact same things as you were.

On the real though. I am sorry I AB'ed you close to end of set over a double tap. I expect a ruined set by your hands sooner or later but I hope it won't turn into a continuous act.... I have enough bugz on my nugz from this place....

They all be like..... "Your nuts we want your nuts. We'll itch and scratch and bite your nuts!"
Overlord of Chaos
MSN/Email:

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 2nd 2015, 17:03:00

<3 looks like a dik and balls. Hopefully it means something else...

You got your message out there about double-tapping farms, I got my kill. We're square, I guess... I meant what I said about this $hit being lame and beneath you, but it prob was fun and I cant argue with that.

I consider it squashed.

Game on bro!

Nerrus Game profile

Apr 3rd 2015, 13:59:38

You got your message out there about double-tapping farms, I got my kill. We're square, I guess... I meant what I said about this $hit being lame and beneath you, but it prob was fun and I cant argue with that.

I consider it squashed.

Game on bro!

Sportsmanship as its finest... g0nz0 is the wo/man :-)
^..^ Surren ^..^

tekniques Game profile

Apr 3rd 2015, 15:57:40

Originally posted by Celphi:
There is no single strategy that you can use every single time.

Musts for War.
1. Better SPAL
2. 4% or greater warfare tech (if they have sdi, don't bother)
3. 30% military strategy tech

If you can kill their country GS > AB.
If you cannot kill their country AB > GS.

If you want specifics send me an email.

This is all really good but I would add that you need to be Tyranny and use SR for readiness to pull off a kill on a good country, I'm not sure any other government will be able to do it in 360 turns..

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2015, 18:51:53

With your country set to Tyr, 360 turns, proper Troops/Weapons+Mil Strat Tech/Readiness vs their Def, you can achieve the GS kill. IF they are not actively playing.

Think it took like 220 turns to kill Ninjas farm. But thats with Chem rockets, so Warfare vs no/low SDI is helpful

Yes, killing is best suited for the Tyr(anny) country, as it only requires 1 turn per attack.

Prep for GS: Plenty of turns, enough food and cash to allow you to spend 200 or more turns attacking without stopping except to maybe sell food on BM. $$ for buying up more troops if necessary. Enough oil. Then, the critical phase of when to strike. If you know they're active do NOT attack. Even a blitz can be foiled. Signs they are possibly active: NW goes UP {could be standing order, so its a gamble}.

If you suspect they were on, give it about 30 mins or so, then op them. If they're at 0 turns or very few, you've got an excellent window. Even if they sign in the most they can do is buy more troops and stall you. Cant rebuild pop w/o turns.

Spy,cause dissension to reduce troop levels if they are significant, it will reduce your oil and troop cost. Do your final calcs of your troop #, weapons tech, any mil strat tech, vs their troops and tech, plus their govt bonus if they are dict or rep. Launch your GS. Watch your readiness. Most times you can still break when your below 35-40% readiness, but its sinful to waste turns, so now you switch to missles. If he has NO SDI, launch Chem rockets. If he does, lead with cruise, then launch chems. do not nuke, SDI only goes up. When chems are gone, switch to Stir rebellions. Each turn will reduce his pop, while increasing your readiness. also, it can be a good idea to do a few bioterrors, just in case he DOES sign in. Will kill himself trying to repop. When your readiness is back to 95 or 100%, start hitting again. Do an occasional spy op to be sure he isnt buying troops, or spending turns. If you start bouncing or his civ casualties start INCREASING, it means he may be online. Rinse and repeat until dead.

Hammer Game profile

Apr 3rd 2015, 20:58:41

I consider it squashed.

Game on bro!

Nice job, gOnzO, of not letting a bad experience roll over to the next week.

So you know, or maybe you already do, Xninja's choice of retaliation for the DT is not uncommon here...(especially when a disclaimer is included as he did with the post announcing the farm land). Most people will respond the same way Xninja did. With the bots, there will now be some who try to bait you into a DT only so they can wreck your country. That is their game and also an effort to stop ppl from raping the bots.

Sorry for hijacking or getting into your business here...just trying to help.

Also, going forward you will find Xninja to be a good friend and helpful in the game. I am, too, of course :)