Verified:

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 4:52:45

LaF took Rank one, Won the ANW Title and in a very tough race with MD, also Won TNW by the seams of it's Trousers.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Skulls of Dominion Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 5:16:18

Good job

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2015, 6:32:59

everything was pretty close this set

rank 1 was close right near the end

anw and tnw close near the end

4 t10 evo 4 t10 laf 2 t10 md

7 t25 md 7 t25 evo 7 t25 laf

27 t100 laf 26 t100 md

Untagged Hunter

Feb 6th 2015, 6:50:55

how much fa/rep did #99 receive? just no way a farmer can win this set with 60k

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 12:34:13

Food prices sucked all set. Surprised a farmer came anywhere that was non demo
The Death Knights

XI

En4cer Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 13:04:47

As the person that played that country when I was suicided by the stones country I already had 325m nw garenteed without continuing on the path I was already on them I also made a 5 mil nw tech sale on top of that. Knowing my numbers well in this game I believe I would have finished closer to 365m nw this set without the reps/aid I recievedd had I not been suicided. I also do not believe that AzN begrudges me this finish for a second (he and I were in constant communication through the set) as we were last set (in which I helped make sure he would get his rightful rank 1 with PdM doing their buyouts (team play I know and I don't begrudge them for it either). In fact he had a pct with me that would have seen me if him back into rank one if he was pssed by buyouts. This set he knew the nw that he needed to hit (at which I would have conceded and not gone past him)

It was most definitely disappointing to not get to do this entirely by myself but sometime the team steps in and others step aside and do (and allow) what they feel is just.

Sorry for the wall of text!

tellarion Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 14:55:04

Don't forget the leeches ;P

But yeah, it was a tough race all set. Nice to see techers on top for a change, eh? And predicting the market was tough as hell. If Azn had jumped a day earlier, or if food had peaked a bit higher, he would have had this in the bag for sure.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 15:11:52

Haterz Gunna Hate.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Bombay Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 15:52:37

I just took my bad luck on the Chin.

trumper Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 16:09:54

I ended at $69,069,069. That's the real win here.

Trife Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 16:13:22

hehehe trumper said 69

locket Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 17:08:46

A pity Rival got suicided. We would have had some of that top 10/25

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 17:27:21

Originally posted by En4cer:
As the person that played that country when I was suicided by the stones country I already had 325m nw garenteed without continuing on the path I was already on them I also made a 5 mil nw tech sale on top of that. Knowing my numbers well in this game I believe I would have finished closer to 365m nw this set without the reps/aid I recievedd had I not been suicided. I also do not believe that AzN begrudges me this finish for a second (he and I were in constant communication through the set) as we were last set (in which I helped make sure he would get his rightful rank 1 with PdM doing their buyouts (team play I know and I don't begrudge them for it either). In fact he had a pct with me that would have seen me if him back into rank one if he was pssed by buyouts. This set he knew the nw that he needed to hit (at which I would have conceded and not gone past him)

It was most definitely disappointing to not get to do this entirely by myself but sometime the team steps in and others step aside and do (and allow) what they feel is just.

Sorry for the wall of text!

On behalf of the STONES I again apologize for the misguided attacks on you last set

And I take some satisfaction in getting the reps out in time and for a good cause
Congrats LAF

archaic Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 17:59:13

I think its just the evolution of the game that it takes teamwork to succeed, I don't think thats a bad thing. En4 flat out pwned it this set, nobody could do it alone. Congrats on a very well played set and a very hard earned team victory for all of Laf.

I am very curious to see how the dynamics play out next set with the war.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Bombay Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 18:23:07

Evolution of the game? Haven't people been FAing, Tech Leaching, Market Buyouts all along? I don't think this is anything new.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Feb 6th 2015, 20:08:28

Originally posted by Bombay:
Evolution of the game? Haven't people been FAing, Tech Leaching, Market Buyouts all along? I don't think this is anything new.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

BladeEWG Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 20:38:48

RedX
We will be revoking your mod card if all you do is quote

En4cer Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 21:17:28

Haha Red :P

And yes I won't forget about my tech allies (dj) and I thought very early on it was a two horse race between us two. If AzN hadn't of been as selfless as he had and helped DJ out with the tech ally also I believe he probably would have won also (I think even a 10-12k tech ally for him would have made the difference)

I do find it funny though how we seem to look at tech allies as a bad thing for non techers but we've never complained about techers allying eachother in tech rings and essentially giving themselves huge ending nw bumps 😜

Bombay Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 22:13:22

Techers allying Techers is a mutually beneficial thing, it is a one sided street when a Farmer allies a Techer.

I am not saying that you shouldn't be re-paid if you get suicided on, I am all for alliances banding together, recognizing one of their own's misfortunes and help correcting a suicide.

I personally don't like the Tech Allies route, or Market Buyouts, or FAing. It is an individual award, TNW and AVNW are a measure of the alliance aa whole. I don't see pulling off FAing someone into the top spot as any kind of individual skill.

With that being said, I know that En4cer and AZN had better countries than me this set, I wouldn't have caught either had I not been hit during my destock. I probably woulda finished 3rd overall(compared to 6th)

Bombay Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 22:14:54

Why not rename "Tech Allies" to "Resource Allies" and allow everyone to leach of eachother. I farmer's "Resource" allies would get a similar % of bushels that a Tech Ally might offer? Same with Casher, Indy, Oiler etc...

AzNiZe Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 22:35:28

Originally posted by En4cer:
Haha Red :P

And yes I won't forget about my tech allies (dj) and I thought very early on it was a two horse race between us two. If AzN hadn't of been as selfless as he had and helped DJ out with the tech ally also I believe he probably would have won also (I think even a 10-12k tech ally for him would have made the difference)

I do find it funny though how we seem to look at tech allies as a bad thing for non techers but we've never complained about techers allying eachother in tech rings and essentially giving themselves huge ending nw bumps 😜

I did let cornfed leech first few weeks when tech were at 6k+, he was suppose to pay me back but I denied him. Grats on the win mate

Furious999 Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 22:52:13

A techer who did not leech tech to his or her clan mates would be a very odd bird.

And FA is routinely passed around for the purposes of warring, why on earth not for the purposes of netting?

Leaving leechs and FA to one side, all member of a clan share their individual achievements with their clan mates, relying on them for tag protection (including the prompt removal of suiciders), Foreign Affairs help, advice, encouragement and support of all sorts.

Congrats on the win. A simply enormous networth. You must be proud. :)

Untagged Hunter

Feb 6th 2015, 23:07:22

stfu fazer you little nub

Raging Budda Game profile

Feb 6th 2015, 23:13:17

I have no dog in this fight, but FA and tech leaching are part of the game. Any complaining there is weak sauce in my opinion. It still takes an oustanding amount of skill (which I lack) to sniff a top country on this server.

Your base is mine!

Packrat203 Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 0:04:36

Amen

Forgotten

Feb 7th 2015, 0:26:52

i would have won if i actually played.

so there.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Bombay Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 1:07:33

How is receiving FA show anyone how good of an individual netter you are?

I am not talking about the clan stepping up and helping out someone who got suicided on.

Forgotten

Feb 7th 2015, 2:34:23

the FA came from countries that are from the alliance that suicided, they were reps
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

En4cer Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 3:11:29

not of all it Forgotten... the reps that were paid from Stones only covered the percieved direct nw lost (it didn't account for the lost time stocking also. The reps actually fell 6.8bil short. But that was not stones fault, it was our own.

DStone Rocks Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 3:39:45

good set En4 well earned

Home Turf Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 4:06:32

Nice job En4 kudos
HT

Basil Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 5:25:41

Confra

Prac Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 7:33:50

congrats !

tellarion Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 14:35:32

The difference is that in the past, Laf or another big netting alliance would have killed you for winning via FA :)

I should have been 3rd btw, but Herbs didn't pay me for my leech I gave to him! For shame!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2015, 14:51:33

Good job guys!

But everyone knows: First is the worst, second is the best, and third is the one with the hairy chest (looks at tellarion).

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 7th 2015, 14:55:58

you dont get killed for winning via fa after your suicided thats silly

its like saying "grats suicider you did some damage even if the person can undo it someone else will come along and reward your suicide"

Rockman Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 15:52:42

Congratulations LaF!

Furious999 Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 16:25:46

Clever trick, to kill a country after the set is over (and won).

euglaf Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 19:40:50

tella talking out of his ass i see. i would never kill someone for winning via FA from an agreed reps deal with another alliance. i always drew the line when there was intra-FA occuring to either 'compensate' the person or simply to propel them into the rank.

i believe all FA the rank 1 country received came from another alliance due to a reps deal. if not, then he really doesn't deserve to have finished rank 1 and is a dirty scumbag.

Bombay Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 20:49:05

En4cer had the best country before he got suicided on. And I have no issues with FA to help restore what he should have had.

Only suspect thing to me is tech allies as a farmer. I had to grab them also just to match. And I got mine way later.

Techers allying eachother is a mutually beneficial , farmer allying a techer is not.

It's not cheating , but I think it should be frowned upon between the top end netters who are battling for #1.

Furious999 Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 20:54:04

That seems to me a quite extraordinarily narrow view.

What is the point of forming a clan (and having an "Alliance" server for that matter) if the members don't help each other?

If you want to play in a purely solo environment there are plenty of other servers to play on.

Bombay Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 21:20:47

that is what total NW and Average NW is for.

If you want the individual award of the top netter , it should be based on your own personal merits. Otherwise why do we care ? Just say congrats to the clan instead of the player.

Marshal Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 21:25:30

remove player rankings and just show alliances nws and amount of members.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Taveren Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 23:15:51

I call bull fluff. LaF deflated the bushels so they couldn't fly as far on the market.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Skype: som3thingclassy

Rockman Game profile

Feb 8th 2015, 2:47:01

Originally posted by Bombay:
that is what total NW and Average NW is for.

If you want the individual award of the top netter , it should be based on your own personal merits. Otherwise why do we care ? Just say congrats to the clan instead of the player.

I agree.

If you want the individual award of top netter, play primary. The alliance server is for alliance play.

LaF's countries have always relied on tag protection for their top 10 finishes. There's not a single LaF player that achieved their top 10 in any set individually.

DJBeif Game profile

Feb 8th 2015, 3:33:26

Originally posted by Requiem:
Good job guys!

But everyone knows: First is the worst, second is the best, and third is the one with the hairy chest (looks at tellarion).

I was 3rd :/

Also, for the record, I'd have loved to be AzN's leech, mine dropped off out of nowhere with a month left :/

Bombay Game profile

Feb 8th 2015, 4:22:27

Tag protection is one thing , everyone on alliance server relies on it.

En4cer Game profile

Feb 8th 2015, 5:04:18

I've always found the idea of tech allies on alliance server as a bit contentious. I would actually prefer they didn't exist at all. The idea of countries receiving tech from another one doesn't set up right to me. If they have that ability Cashers Farmers Oilers and idies should have a simliar pact they can have that compounds theirs and their own "like" allies production.

DJBeif Game profile

Feb 8th 2015, 6:00:22

I've never thought too much about the idea of tech allies, but it's a netgaining form that can't be enhanced, i.e. there's bus/res/agri/indy tech, but no "tech" tech, so the basis behind it is pretty solid, but like everything in this game it's subject to some form or another of abuse..

tellarion Game profile

Feb 8th 2015, 15:42:05

Originally posted by euglaf:
tella talking out of his ass i see. i would never kill someone for winning via FA from an agreed reps deal with another alliance. i always drew the line when there was intra-FA occuring to either 'compensate' the person or simply to propel them into the rank.

i believe all FA the rank 1 country received came from another alliance due to a reps deal. if not, then he really doesn't deserve to have finished rank 1 and is a dirty scumbag.

Talking out of my ass? I guess you guys will always read into it whatever you damn well please. Lots of people in this thread have been talking about the general trend that has opened up the team aspect in getting the top spot compared to the past.

Originally posted by Furious999:
A techer who did not leech tech to his or her clan mates would be a very odd bird.

And FA is routinely passed around for the purposes of warring, why on earth not for the purposes of netting?

Leaving leechs and FA to one side, all member of a clan share their individual achievements with their clan mates, relying on them for tag protection (including the prompt removal of suiciders), Foreign Affairs help, advice, encouragement and support of all sorts.

Congrats on the win. A simply enormous networth. You must be proud. :)

And so I brought up one of the biggest factors that was changed; namely how most alliances(especially you guys) react to such ingame 'help'. If this were an Evo country about 2 years ago, you guys would have warred us. In fact, you DID war us over some things that En4 took advantage of this set.

I'm not knocking En4, he's a great guy and he deserved the win. He only used enough of the reps to bring him to where he would have finished without the suiciding, so I give him props for that for sure. A lot of things could have made this set end up differently(like if Azn had jumped even a day earlier), but it is what it is.