Verified:

Lord HarvestA

Dec 10th 2014, 7:16:16

Haven't played this game since back in the day when it was called Earth 2025 and I'm wondering, is Tyr/Indy still a viable strat?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 10th 2014, 7:29:53

It can be, but I suggest playing at the express server to shake off your rust, and go to announcements to catch up with all the changes and new ons.

Welcome back!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SkyKing Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 7:53:32

Welcome back. I am kind of in the same boat you are Lord. This is my second set back but tyrannies are suffering from a lack of targets. Being a fellow tyranny player, I'm sure you know that sometimes you get the bull sometimes you get the horns. Or something like that.

Ka Mac

Dec 10th 2014, 11:36:18

Nice to see players from E2025 days coming back. :)

If going Indy, I'd rather use Commie. :)

Welcome back!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 15:42:24

tyr is nice as indy only if has alot land to grab and even then commy would do better.

if you plan to play tyr then play tyr farmer.

anyways welcome aboard.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SkyKing Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 15:48:22

You can tyr tech as well; however, I had to convert to farmer this set since tech prices were no bueno.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Dec 10th 2014, 19:04:45

Tech is better in tourney.

Lord HarvestA

Dec 11th 2014, 10:03:55

Thanks for all the advice guys!

While i do feel that landgrabbing can be brutally harsh early days, I'm still managing to stay afloat without having to sell any troops/jets/turrets while still netgaining.

I've noticed im incredibly thin compared to pretty much everyone around my NW range, this pleases me(ALOT) cos theres some fatty's out there that couldnt possibly have a defence to hold off against me. come the 3-5k land mark i might have to start selling units (which doesnt bother me, its kinda what tyr/indy does anyways i guess) and can really start grabbing to build up.

I have played Commy/Indy in the past (back in E2025) and i really enjoyed it, but i missed the 1 turn grabs.

Tyr/Tech? can't say ive tried that one yet, might give it a test drive on the FFA server along with tyr farmer (always a crowd favourite)

Once again, thanks for the advice and the welcome's you guys are the best =D

Peace!

iccyh Game profile

Dec 11th 2014, 12:29:52

If I were playing tyr/indy, I'd be petrified that I'd soon be a target for the commies. For any given amount of land, they'll absolutely outproduce you, and as an indy you'd be their favourite kind of landgrab target.

Commie is probably a better bet unless you can really leverage that extra land you get or you're running with a really low BPT or both. If you're planning on staying indy, you're going to want to switch away from tyr at some point anyway, and probably to commie. You're going to lose 14% of everything except land, so I'm not at all sure that there's a real benefit to going tyr, to be honest.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Dec 11th 2014, 20:19:48

I am discovering to my chagrin this set that if you are used to playing indy from way back, you are going to have to alter your style quite a bit to keep up.

deezyboy Game profile

Dec 11th 2014, 22:04:27

oldman did a tyranny to commie a few sets back if i recall correctly. he's probally one of if not the best players here though. I want to say he was teching though early anyways. Actually now i want to know wtf he was running that set.

oh yea OLD HEADS IN THE HOUSE

iccyh Game profile

Dec 12th 2014, 17:17:51

Well, an indy with expenses bonses produces the absolute cheapest NW available in the game, so long as you have the cash to fund it and leave yourself enough time to actually finish the cashout. Tyr/tech cashing out as C/I sounds viable.