Verified:

Heston Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 19:28:20

Awesome.

Ps its 1100 and i just realized i drank to many bloody marys. F Or breakfast .happy Funeral friday
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

mrford Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 19:46:17

Probably for boar.

My family has land in GA that they pay a couple people to roll through with silenced weapons and night sights to try to control the pig bomb.

They travel in large groups and you can take a lot down with silenced weapons. It also helps with noise pollution caused by a high number of gunshots.

They are an invasive species that isn't native and are killing farmland.

Edited By: mrford on Nov 21st 2014, 19:54:47
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 21st 2014, 20:44:28

hunting boar with silenced weapons and night vision gear would be incredibly fun!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 21st 2014, 20:50:44

personally I don't think it's fun until I can get an apache helicopter and mow them all down.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

mrford Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 21:04:48

You joke but it is an invasive species that is destroying agriculture and land. Their population is exploding despite being labeled a shoot on sight species with little to no regulation on hunting or killing.

And if we lose control of the population down here, where do you think they will go next? These boar are cross mixed with a Russian species. I'm sure Canada would feel great to them.

It is the equivalent of the zebra muscle or the Asian carp, just on land.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 21st 2014, 23:03:24

I wasn't joking, I think it would be incredibly fun to hunt boars with night vision equipment and silenced weapons. Like I'm a navy seal inserted behind enemy lines as part of a spearhead force.... but my mission is pretty easy since it's to essentially attack breakfast.

I'm definitely all for hunting as a form of population control (especially invasive species).
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2014, 0:15:23

People have used silencers for a long time. In order to get a silencer you go through a massive check and it takes a year + to get it.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 22nd 2014, 0:34:13

Originally posted by Requiem:
People have used silencers for a long time. In order to get a silencer you go through a massive check and it takes a year + to get it.

Rightfully so! TBH I'm sort of surprised there are checks at all :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2014, 0:38:18

What fordy said, those boars are a danger and destroy crops, they multiply like rats, I watched a documentary about that and was blown away, I never thought they can reek havoc like they do 😨
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2014, 0:44:30

It's really not hard to make one if you're good with tools and know the basics.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2014, 1:51:32

Originally posted by Pang:

Rightfully so! TBH I'm sort of surprised there are checks at all :p

It took my father in law 13 months to get his.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 2:34:37

Yea....love killin some hogs along the power lines, got me two turkeys already!!
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 22nd 2014, 3:19:27

Nice, req!

Does he humm the James Bond theme while using it? I would.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Penguine Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 3:31:03

Originally posted by mrford:
You joke but it is an invasive species that is destroying agriculture and land. Their population is exploding despite being labeled a shoot on sight species with little to no regulation on hunting or killing.

And if we lose control of the population down here, where do you think they will go next? These boar are cross mixed with a Russian species. I'm sure Canada would feel great to them.

It is the equivalent of the zebra muscle or the Asian carp, just on land.

Seems like they've already invaded D.C. given the amount of pork that is rolling out of there.

mrford Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 4:18:20

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I know someone with a class 3 that has an adapter for an oil filter silencer. All it is is a threaded peice that is matched to a barrel and a standard oil filter thread pitch.

It is cool as fluff and only costs like $70 instead of the normal $1000 for a legit silencer. Legally though the adapter needs an ATF serial number even though any machinest worth his salt should be able to make one in minutes.

I know the easiest way to get a silencer permit is to set it up through an LLC instead of applying for it personally. I do not have a silencer or class 3 permit though. No real need, yet.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 22nd 2014, 5:57:20

Originally posted by mrford:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

I know someone with a class 3 that has an adapter for an oil filter silencer. All it is is a threaded peice that is matched to a barrel and a standard oil filter thread pitch.

It is cool as fluff and only costs like $70 instead of the normal $1000 for a legit silencer. Legally though the adapter needs an ATF serial number even though any machinest worth his salt should be able to make one in minutes.

I know the easiest way to get a silencer permit is to set it up through an LLC instead of applying for it personally. I do not have a silencer or class 3 permit though. No real need, yet.

Ya I have no idea on the legal aspect and permitting process, here in Oregon game wardens don't really bother you unless you're really being an idiot.
(•_•)

Heston Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 7:08:01

❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

archaic Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 21:49:23

mmm bacon.

Suppressors are actually legal for hunting in a lot of europe, the hollywood style hitman silencers don't really exist in the civilian world.

I have hunted hogs with night sights before, but a suppressor would be even more awesome. We generally have to call the game warden in advance to let him know we are night hunting so he doesnt get called out on a poaching call.

Hogs have pretty much eradicated turkey, quail, and most other ground nesting birds here in east texas. They are hell on a lot of wildlife.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Penguine Game profile

Nov 23rd 2014, 1:53:56

Seems like they're hell on the Rebels, too. Wooooo Pig Soooooooooooooooooooooooey!

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Nov 23rd 2014, 21:32:29

Boar hunting with silencers and night vision?

sounds like Duke Nukem Forever on the Piece of Cake difficulty setting...

been there, done that.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

mrford Game profile

Nov 23rd 2014, 21:34:50

it isnt about the challenge, it is about population control

if you want a challenge, go boar hunting with dogs. you put a kevlar vest on the dogs, and they run out and corner a boar, grabbing it by the lips and holding it down. you then run up and kill it with a knife.

i would be careful though, the reason the dogs get flack jackets is because those tusks are razor sharp.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

locket Game profile

Nov 24th 2014, 0:47:53

How much do silencers help boar hunting? To someone who doesnt know much it seems unsporting and overkill

mrford Game profile

Nov 24th 2014, 1:01:14

once again, i dont see how you can use a word like unsporting when your goal is to kill as many as possible. boar are an invasive species and need to be eradicated. their population is still growing despite widespread hunting. they have no natural predator and are extremely aggressive and reproduce fast as fluff.

but if you want to know why hunting with a silencer is better i will give you a response

hearing protection
sure on the range you use ear plugs and what not, but when hunting, or on a stalk, you do not. you need to hear an approaching animal and many hunters dont take the time to don hearing protection before taking that shot because that extra time could lose the kill. guns are really loud bro. anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. now imagine you are trying to kill a metric fluffton of boar in short order. that is a lot of hearing hurt. granted silencers do not silence guns, they usually only reduce the noise by 30 or so deciles, they are still over 100 for most hunting guns with a suppressor.

noise pollution
same as the first, fluffs loud yo. if hunting at night shots can be heard for miles. 20 or so rapid shots unsuppressed would get annoying to any nearby residents.

recoil
suppressors help with recoil as well as not only do they add weight to the muzzle shifting the center of gravity, they use the gun's own gas pressure to suppress the sound but these forces also act to absorb some of the recoil when the gasses hit the end of the suppressor. this helps in target re-acquisition in situations of misses or multiple targets.

suppressors, in general, make long guns less accurate and have less range, but in most hunting instances you dont notice too much of a difference if you adjust accordingly. i dont really see it as unsporting at all.

Edited By: mrford on Nov 24th 2014, 1:04:12
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Nov 24th 2014, 1:06:59

this being said, i do not own any silencers.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Nov 24th 2014, 14:13:43

Originally posted by locket:
How much do silencers help boar hunting? To someone who doesnt know much it seems unsporting and overkill

Pretty obvious Locket doesnt read the thread first before posting.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Rasp Game profile

Nov 24th 2014, 21:27:24

Terrific. I have some earplugs I bring with me in the chance I can put them in my ears before I shoot.

This should help.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much