Verified:

g0nz0 Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 3:45:02

I have difficulty closing the deal on this one.

He is same in land, but has a poorly configured country.
He felt nervous about tech from last time so he dedicated 1/3 towards research.

Picked a fight with me.

He had more tanks, but I saw that it was within my reach, so I stocked em, then rocked him.
His strat is losing its appeal, as tech is the last thing he wants to do with his turns.
Did it again, and now he's 60% empty.

Now, my issue:
I can lean on him for then next couple weeks, and he'll eventually chew his own leg off to survive, but that hardly seems like an honorable kill.
I have debated GS/AB combo, but again, it's just a slow bleed out.
I also have a good 20 turn lead on his rotation, so that's also helpful.

Feel free to talk among yourselves, I am eager to learn.

Yours Truly,

HST

P.S. I can get my hands on booze and prostitutes, they are yours along with my hotel room key, please leave quietly, I cherish sleep as you value life.

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 9:29:32

Solo kills on Primary is nearly impossible on Primary, other than warring against an inactive country. Therefore, all wars on Primary are based on attrition.

Your goal in any long term war is simply to outproduce your enemy. That is, for every 1 troop you are losing, you want your enemy to lose more than 1 troop. It's ok to lose more units if the result of the attacks causes the enemy to produce less over time (eg ABing to destroy production buildings) as long as the long term goal is for you to be outproducing him on a relative basis.

Once this happens, you'll eventually just outgrow your opponent, perhaps even to humanitarians range, but many people get bored and just agree to a truce after a while anyway.

silentwolf Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 15:09:05

+1 xin.

anyone got a kill here in primary ?

btw.. we seriously need a pure warring server.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 19th 2014, 16:16:28

last set (or set before) some1 got kill but like xin said its pretty much impossible due turns per day. not that its easy on other servers (outside ffa and express).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Neil30 Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 10:23:53

couldnt you max out warfare tech and luck and then GS/CD/CM him to death?

Marshal Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 15:00:37

yes if your opponent is inactive but even if he/she plays turns every 2nd/3rd day he/she recovers pop enuf that your attacks were wasted. of course in early set (like oop) its bit easier (no idea if that change to make week 1 wars more difficult got applied to solo-servers).

VicRattlehead Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 19:24:36

Not "wasted," GS reduce your production drastically for days.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 20:21:20

yea but if is inactive most of week then it doesn't matter much if country produces much.

LATC Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 20:40:33

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Not "wasted," GS reduce your production drastically for days.
I'd argue the "days" part of that.. more like handful of turns.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Marshal Game profile

Nov 21st 2014, 21:32:46

as a restart its 120 turns (sadly oop is only 15 turns) and it depends of course how badly got gs'd.

oldman Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 1:24:13

pretty sure someone got a kill last set or the set before last...the target country was inactive for like 10 days or something though.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 5:52:03

I'M FAIRLY CERTAIN THAT A SOLO KILL ON THIS SERVER WOULD BE POSSIBLE, EVEN AGAINST AN OPPONENT WHO IS ACTIVELY (AND COMPETENTLY) PLAYING HIS/HER COUNTRY. IT COULD BE DONE IN ONE PLAY SESSION. HOWEVER, SEVERAL THINGS WOULD NEED TO COME TOGETHER TO MAKE IT HAPPEN:

1) THE TARGET COUNTRY WOULD NEED TO HAVE 0 SDI OR CLOSE TO IT. THIS DESCRIBES ALMOST EVERY WELL PLAYED COUNTRY ON THE SERVER.
2) THE TARGET COUNTRY WOULD NEED TO HAVE A LOW TO MEDIUM SPY/LAND RATIO. MOST COUNTRIES ON THE SERVER ALSO FIT THIS DESCRIPTION.
3) THE ASSASSINATION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE LATE IN THE RESET (LIKE 55+ DAYS)
4) THE ASSASSIN WOULD NEED TO FOCUS HEAVILY ON WARFARE TECH FROM VERY EARLY IN THE RESET.
5) THE ASSASSIN WOULD NEED A HIGH SPY/LAND RATIO.
6) THE ASSASSIN WOULD NEED TO HAVE A REASONABLY LARGE COUNTRY (29K+ ACRES, IN ORDER TO HOLD ENOUGH MISSILES)
7) A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF LUCK WOULD BE REQUIRED.. SPECIFICALLY, PRODUCING A HIGH RATIO OF CHEMS TO NUKES/EMS.
8) THE ASSASSIN WOULD HAVE TO BE A TYRANNY.

I BELIEVE THAT GIVEN ALL OF THE ABOVE, THE KILL IS POSSIBLE, BASED ON THE RESULTS OF AN OPERATION WHICH THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! EXECUTED DURING THE AUG/SEP '13 RESET ON THE ALLIANCE SERVER.

http://www.earthgraphs.com/...ph=alive&tab=hitstats

AS YOU CAN SEE ON THE PAGE LINKED ABOVE, WE MANAGED A KILL WITH 46 SUCCESSFUL CHEMS AND 20 GS. THOSE 20 GS WERE ALL AT MINIMUM RETURNS (5 CIVS) AND COULD HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY FOUR MORE CHEMS, IF WE HAD HAD THEM. THE TARGET COUNTRY WAS NOT TINY, (26K ACRES) BUT HAD 0 SDI AND FAIRLY WEAK SPY/LAND RATIO.

WHAT CANNOT BE SEEN FROM THOSE HITSTATS IS THAT WE STARTED OUR OPERATION WITH 50 STIR REBELLIONS OPS. A COUPLE OF OUR MEMBERS ALSO HAD FAIRLY LOW SPY/LAND RATIOS, SO A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER (I WOULD ESTIMATE AROUND 15) OF THOSE OPS WERE FAILURES.

OUR ASSASSIN RUNS A TECH STARTUP, AND MAINTAINS A MINIMUM OF 4% WARFARE TECH FROM ABOUT DAY 4 OF THE RESET (NOT TOO HARD TO DO). HE SPENDS HIS BONUS POINTS ON EXTRA TURNS EACH DAY. HE GAINS 48 TURNS, PLUS 6 LOGOUT TURNS, PLUS 4 TURNS FROM BONUS POINTS PER DAY. OR 58 TURNS. AT 4% WARFARE TECH, HE SHOULD CREATE, ON AVERAGE, 2.32 MISSILES PER DAY. AFTER 50 DAYS OF DOING THIS, HE HAS SOMEWHERE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 116 MISSILES. HE HOPES THAT AT LEAST 50 OF THOSE MISSILES ARE CHEMS.

HIS DASTARDLY PLOT STARTS WITH SAVING BONUS POINTS FOR THREE DAYS, AND TURNS FOR TWO DAYS. HIS TIMING MUST BE CAREFULLY PLANNED. HIS LOGIN FOR THE ASSASSINATION OCCURS JUST BEFORE MIDNIGHT SERVER TIME, AND GRANTS HIM 6 BONUS TURNS IN ADDITION TO HIS 80 ON HAND. AFTER SPENDING HIS BONUS POINTS ON 12 MORE TURNS, HE HAS 98 ON HAND. HE IS TREMBLING WITH EXCITEMENT AND ANTICIPATION NOW! HE HAS TIMED EVERYTHING PERFECTLY!

IT IS NOW TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT. THE CARNAGE IS ABOUT TO BEGIN! HE HAS 52 CHEMICAL MISSILES IN HIS SILOS AND 98 TURNS WHICH WILL BECOME 100 TURNS IN... 1.5 MINUTES NOW. HE HAS 48 EXTRA TURNS TO SPEND ON STIR REBELLIONS OPS, BUT HE CAN ONLY RUN 35 OF THEM NOW.

HE ORDERS HIS SPIES INTO THE ENEMY'S LAND. THEY SHOW NO MERCY AS THEY BATHE IN THE BLOOD OF THE EVILDOERS. AGAIN AND AGAIN THEY RETURN SUCCESSFUL. NOW, THIRTY SECONDS BEFORE MIDNIGHT, THEY GET A BRIEF REST. OUR ASSASSIN USES THIS TIME TO OPEN AN ICE COLD SAM ADAMS.

MIDNIGHT IS FINALLY HERE! THE COVERT AGENTS ENGAGE IN THIRTEEN MORE MURDEROUS INCURSIONS. MANY ARE UNSUCCESSFUL, BUT THAT SCARCELY MATTERS NOW. THE VICTIM'S FATE IS ALL BUT SEALED.

NOW AS HE READIES HIS MISSILES, A FIENDISH GRIN APPEARS ON HIS FACE. FRANTICALLY HE FIRES THEM, ONE AFTER ANOTHER. AN ENDLESS TORRENT OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION RAINS DOWN ON HIS VICTIM. AS THE BUILDINGS CRUMBLE AND CIVILIANS SUCCUMB TO HIS VILE POISON, HIS HEARTBEAT QUICKENS. HE KNOWS HE IS GOING TO SUCCEED.

THE KILL COUNTS DWINDLE RAPIDLY. 100.. 76.. 50.. AND NOW FINALLY, THE NUMBER HE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR. 25 CIVILIANS KILLED. HE IS ALMOST THERE. HE HAS 5 MISSILES AND 5 TURNS LEFT.
25! NO! IT CAN'T BE! ALL OF HIS CAREFUL PLANNING AND PREPARATION HAS FAILED. HE STARES IN DISBELIEF AT THE HATEFUL MONITOR. HE CAN ALMOST HEAR IT LAUGHING AT HIM.

BUT AS HE STARES, HE NOTICES SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL. HE HAS CREATED ONE MORE CHEMICAL MISSILE. IF HIS VICTIM JUST STAYS OFFLINE FOR 25 MORE MINUTES, HE STILL HAS A CHANCE. AS HE WAITS ANXIOUSLY, HE REFRESHES EESTATS OVER AND OVER, WILLING HIS FOE TO STAY AWAY. THOSE 25 MINUTES SEEM LIKE AN ETERNITY, BUT THEY EVENTUALLY DO PASS, AND TWO MORE TURNS MATERIALIZE.

THIS IS IT. HIS LAST SHOT. HE FIRES HIS LAST MISSILE, AND PRAYS AS HE WAITS FOR THE RESULTS PAGE TO LOAD. 11 CIVILIANS KILLED! HE HAS DONE IT! NOW THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO DO BUT TO DELIGHT IN THE WARM RED GLOW FROM THE SCORES LIST, AND TO SAVOR HIS BEER. HE WILL SLEEP VERY WELL TONIGHT.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 11:53:57

primary: max 80 turns (plus daily bonus and if spends bonuspoints on turns). max 35 spyop per day, 1 turn every 30 mins, etc.

alliance: max 120 turns (plus daily bonus and if spends bonuspoints on turns), max 50 spyop, 1 turn every 20 mins, etc.

veeeeeeeeery comparable.

also about that kill on last set: http://earthempires.com/forum/post/609142/perm

h2orich Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 12:52:54

to be able to hold 116 missiles you have to be at least 25k acres and you have to maintain 4 percent warfare the entire time.