Verified:

archaic Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 12:37:11

How about disabling special attacks for the first 30 days of the set next set. You can grow missiles, but you can't shoot them or GS, BR, AB until midnight of the 30th day. SS and PS function as usual of course.

Wheeeeeeeee

Edited By: archaic on Sep 29th 2014, 12:43:41
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Furious999 Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 13:06:10

I am against that one.

Good rules (like good law) leave people as much freedom of choice as possible. Using the rules to engineer particular outcomes is not, in my view, likely to work. Sympathetic as I am to the tinkerings with the game that the present owners have carried out there is a distinct danger that the various servers will become over engineered. The very best games have the fewest rules.

There is much debate as to the way inbuilt rivalries among the old clans are affecting the Alliance server. But this is self righting. If the ancient rivalries produce sterility and reduce the fun the members of those clans have those ancient clans will wither and fall leaving room for new saplings to grow and prosper in their place.

Edited By: Furious999 on Sep 29th 2014, 13:08:15
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 13:42:35

As far as I know leaders of the main factions are making agreements to end early wars for atleast the next couple sets.

Hard wiring it into the game is a bit extreme as of yet imo
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 29th 2014, 14:50:34

Someone had a good idea last round related to a readiness or saved turns multiplier based on how far into the round you are.

Arbitrary hard deadlines suck -- in general we try to create disincentive to do something over outright stopping it.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Ruthie

Sep 29th 2014, 15:03:08

gotta agree with furious on this one
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

VicRattlehead Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 15:17:39

Originally posted by Pang:
Someone had a good idea last round related to a readiness or saved turns multiplier based on how far into the round you are.

That idea was fantastic, and I proposed a slight tweak to allow less turns, more stored turns early (eg 80(160)), and slowly shift those numbers toward the current level

Home Turf Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 15:43:21

Well if you have to worry about those type of attacks, I suggest you reevaluate how you are playing. The only reason folks want these changes are they cant handle playing like everyone else, so they want the game changed so they can keep up.

Have a swirve day.
HT

mrford Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 15:52:54

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Originally posted by Pang:

That idea was fantastic, and I proposed a slight tweak to allow less turns, more stored turns early (eg 80(160)), and slowly shift those numbers toward the current level

And now you just ruined batch explores for netters.

Cause and effect dude.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

archaic Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 16:16:15

Originally posted by Home Turf:
Well if you have to worry about those type of attacks, I suggest you reevaluate how you are playing. The only reason folks want these changes are they cant handle playing like everyone else, so they want the game changed so they can keep up.

Have a swirve day.

Umm, I have made nearly 1.5K of these attacks this set, I'm just fine with them. The point was to start a conversation about the proliferation of day 6 wars. Nobody on either side is having a lot of fun right now.

If this is being dealt with at a different level, awesome. I hate artificial limits as well, and SOMETIMES an early war is the only proper tactical play - I have started them myself. But if we are going to be looking at 6 straight sets of 55 day long wars, its going to get pretty quiet around here.

Besides, trolling Pang on a Monday morning beats the hell out of posting 'derp' on some bonus thread.

derp

tellarion Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 16:19:24

Expect a big announcement soonish. Just waiting on one or two alliances to hop on board.

Furious999 Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 16:45:08

Ooooh - a big ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I can hardly wait.

Or.

We could ignore the sad, largely moribund and failing to hopalong clans who have a problem. (And the gnomic game moderators for other servers.)

And play the game. :)

Trife Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 17:26:16

Originally posted by tellarion:
Expect a big announcement soonish. Just waiting on one or two alliances to hop on board.

mods declare mod abuse is now legal?

:(

STAHP THE MOD ABOOS!!

Home Turf Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 20:06:29

Well if you don't want 6 day wars than don't start em. Not saying you did personally, but it is what it is. We have had OOP wars from day one here, and just because some peeps cant handle warring all set. Go find a game that doesn't war than. This game was made for warring.

Hence the troops,jets,turrets,and tanks. Not to mention the missile types. Not to mention the spy types. Do I need to continue?
HT

archaic Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 21:31:30

Well if you don't want 6 day wars than don't start em. Not saying you did personally, but it is what it is. We have had OOP wars from day one here, and just because some peeps cant handle warring all set. Go find a game that doesn't war than. This game was made for warring.

Hence the troops,jets,turrets,and tanks. Not to mention the missile types. Not to mention the spy types. Do I need to continue?

Wow, thanks. I had no idea. Are you on the dev team?

mrford Game profile

Sep 29th 2014, 21:37:48

It is pretty obvious dude, it is why the primary rankings for every server are war based!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Sep 30th 2014, 14:09:38

yeah i'd have to say the complete lack of ingame war-based ranking is a clear indicator of this being primarily a war game ;)

Originally posted by archaic:
derp

Sep 30th 2014, 14:51:36

I think the rankings hosted on earthempires.com count as in game, and they definitely track lots of war stuff.

mrford Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 14:57:24

"Primary" dude....

And people have been claiming this was primarily a war game for far longer than those rankings have existed lol
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Sep 30th 2014, 14:58:44

True, but the fact that the main page of the game featured a tank pointing its turret at the user in olden days may have influenced that perception.

tellarion Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 15:02:14

Originally posted by Furious999:

I can hardly wait.

Or.

We could ignore the sad, largely moribund and failing to hopalong clans who have a problem. (And the gnomic game moderators for other servers.)

And play the game. :)

A big announcement that has nothing to do with the dev team, but instead has to do specifically with politics on this server.

Furious999 Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 16:58:19

Those who believe they can ANNOUNCE politics often enough find themselves up against the wall. :D

Politics has a habbit of happening when you are doing other things.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2014, 16:59:02

I think coding in a hard stop for early wars is ok. No one wins in an early war in the long run. Both sides will eventually be bored whether or not you are winning or losing.

We don't need 50 days of war, 30 is plenty.

That's my opinion. Also war in this game is too destructive to your time investment. You die, you lose all your time/work. That is a steep price to pay when you invest hours of your life building up a country. This is a systemic issue however and I am not sure with the current model of the game if that can ever be truly fixed.

Home Turf Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 17:00:22

The game folks should not mess or get into the alliance politics. Not yalls place. Unless of course your part of the wusses that cant handle warring in a war game. Than by all means overstep your position and make it to where you get what YOU want. not......sad actually
HT

tellarion Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 17:04:30

Those who believe they can ANNOUNCE politics often enough find themselves up against the wall. :D

Politics has a habbit of happening when you are doing other things.

Ok. Thank you for your input.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 30th 2014, 17:09:29

The game folks should not mess or get into the alliance politics. Not yalls place. Unless of course your part of the wusses that cant handle warring in a war game. Than by all means overstep your position and make it to where you get what YOU want. not......sad actually

Ending early wars is not the "admins getting into the alliance politics". Something that adversely affects their customers (everyone playing this game) is definitely within their scope as a developer to address.

I'd go as far to say if they didn't address it they would be at risk of being an incompetent developer. Don't get it twisted I'd never say that of Qz or Pang for their hard work put into this game, as a hobby.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 18:22:35

I can hardly wait.

To be honest, anyone in the loop would probably already know what it is about, mrford already said it.

Home Turf Game profile

Sep 30th 2014, 20:40:57

oh no that dreaded "loop" Oh my, woe me.... (smh)
HT

tellarion Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 7:18:59

Because HT has wonderful opinions...

Anyway, early wars are going to be gone starting next set. You're welcome.

Home Turf Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 12:57:23

Oh well victory to the fluff netters, yall are insane. And I do mean that literally
HT

Home Turf Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 13:07:14

Oh I forgot. Go fluff yourself Tellarion. You are a real piece of work dude. {smh}
HT

elvesrus

Oct 1st 2014, 13:28:44

Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

archaic Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 14:07:36

Oh well victory to the fluff netters, yall are insane. And I do mean that literally

You really don't get that this entire thread is now pretty much trolling you for your lack of understanding, do you?

Nobody wants wars to go away, far from it. I revel in war, I love to war, its what I play the game for. I'm PDMs HWar (aka Tank Commander) for the love of Pete. The point is that if we keep on doing 50 day wars, even war-mongers like me will get sick of it. I'm on the winning side, I've made over 1,500 attacks, its all sunshine and roses in Paradigm - yet we are all bored to tears. There is nothing quite like three solid weeks of hitting off-line targets to make even me wish for lasting peace.

HT I appreciate you pitiful attempts at trolling, but seriously, just stop.

Home Turf Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 15:14:26

Otay, your right. Just look at the correlating decline in players, and the upswing of game changes that are put into effet beause netters cant handle retals, and want to run no defense countries.

Its ok, I know your completely right. Forgive my attempt to troll. Never trolled in my life, but hey your right Im wrong.

ciao - enjoy your game
HT

tellarion Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 15:32:58

Oh I forgot. Go fluff yourself Tellarion. You are a real piece of work dude. {smh}

Lovely. Real peach right here.

Sorry HT, seems you are in the minority. All of the biggest alliances in the game have signed off on this, and the only stalling point was making sure some terms were defined. NOBODY likes multiple set-long wars, EVEN the warring alliances.

Home Turf Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 15:40:17

blah blah blah

I know Im wrong, your right. Yes a real peach, the truth isn't always pretty.

ciao
HT

archaic Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 16:46:32

Never trolled in my life . . .

Ummm . . .

OK

tellarion Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 17:02:46

blah blah blah

I know Im wrong, your right. Yes a real peach, the truth isn't always pretty.

ciao

The truth is people are tired of the same old fluff and early wars oop every single set. Just shut your mouth for a second and open your eyes. Look at what happened this set; nearly EVERY alliance was involved in a massive server war, and it was one of the most BORING sets EVER for BOTH sides....

Myself and a group of other alliance leaders are doing something about it. What are you contributing? Your smartass mouth and a lot of trolly bullfluff. Thank you for your assistance.

Home Turf Game profile

Oct 1st 2014, 17:56:48

Im assuming the fact that I post on these forums is trolling.. Hell I do good to turn the damn computer on, and get to this site let alone know what you consider trolling.

Wow, what an ass. I did open my eyes that's why I spoke up. Why all the choking off the war fluff. No reason too. If these so called alliance leaders quit talking fluff to each other, and not fixing or expelling members when they repeatedly commit stupid acts. Would need no early wars. Don't tell me you didn't with this new thing, you did.

Im contributing by opening my "mouth", and speaking what others are thinking but don't have the balls or gumption to speak up. Knowing they will b treated just like I have been. Im immune to it, I think I have been called everything but white on these forums, don't bother me in the least.

Oh and don't you have something to do than fluff at a long long time player for voicing his / her opinion .
Make sure your friends are allowed to coordinate, whilst deleting countries that strike back and wont b intimidated by your friends coordination. LG gangbangs, missiles etc. I know, don't tell me I don't either. Ive been a participant in lets just say some of them. Also been on the other side too, I know coordination when I see it.

Well go ahead and bash me again. Im gonna speak my piece whether you or anyone else likes it. And if you didn't know your a game / server moderator. Act like it.
HT

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 1st 2014, 18:15:03

No need to get in a fight over this stuff guys.

It's a multi-faceted game with a lot of non-linear and competing goals. We've tried to address issues brought forward by people from all over the place. We haven't done a great job of it in the last year or so, IMO, but when we do make any changes it's an honest effort done for the right reasons.

I'm happy to see there is a community-focused solution to early wars on the horizon.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

tellarion Game profile

Oct 2nd 2014, 16:26:38

Oh and don't you have something to do than fluff at a long long time player for voicing his / her opinion .
Make sure your friends are allowed to coordinate, whilst deleting countries that strike back and wont b intimidated by your friends coordination. LG gangbangs, missiles etc. I know, don't tell me I don't either. Ive been a participant in lets just say some of them. Also been on the other side too, I know coordination when I see it.

Well go ahead and bash me again. Im gonna speak my piece whether you or anyone else likes it. And if you didn't know your a game / server moderator. Act like it.

What the hell are you even talking about? What server are you even referencing? Please, spout more bullfluff, I don't think we've reached the quota quite yet.

If you didn't know, you are a human being. Act like it.

mrford Game profile

Oct 2nd 2014, 16:31:41

MOD ABUSE
Swagger of a Chupacabra

tellarion Game profile

Oct 2nd 2014, 16:44:02

I guess me responding to this wonderful statement is just me fluffing at a long long time player for voicing his opinion. There are some opinions that don't deserve to be shared. Up until that point, all I did was reference what is now in the thread FDF started, and you apparently thought my comment deserved such a lovely response? I'm a real piece of work because myself and the FAs/Heads of nearly every alliance on this server came together to make a mutually beneficial agreement that nobody had issues with? Well, you're welcome for helping accomplish something that the vast majority of the server(your friendly self excluded) wanted.

But please, tell me more about how terrible I am. I bathe in your tears.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Oct 2nd 2014, 16:52:00

Originally posted by mrford:
MOD ABUSE

if ya think about it, "mod abuse" could be interpreted in two ways! tella could be a dbag and abuse his powers (just an example, tella's a standup guy) or somebody could tell tella to fluff himself. both are mod abuse!

yay linguistics

mrford Game profile

Oct 2nd 2014, 17:01:28

I do wat I want
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 2nd 2014, 17:06:56

That's abuse of linguistics by interpreting "mod abuse" as a noun followed by a noun, as opposed to a noun followed by a verb!

Trife Game profile

Oct 2nd 2014, 17:23:05

Originally posted by tellarion:

But please, tell me more about how terrible I am.

LITTERALLY THE HITLER OF ALLIANCE TALK!!!!!11

MOD ABUSE!!!!