Verified:

timmie Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 4:02:17

I suck as a commie. either im not pricing right or some cats keeps under cutting the market. I think i should be selling twice a day?

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 4:02:40

Yes, more if you can.

iccyh Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 4:39:04

How can you go wrong as a commie this 'set? Prices are basically at their maximum for every good except tanks right now.

timmie Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 4:42:42

I dropped a million jets at the standing price. before they arrive the price had dropped and they sit and don't sell. I need cash as a commie. so i think i need to sell multiple times a day, recall if need be and relist.

Schilling Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 4:45:42

Unless you're pricing at over 190 constantly, you shouldn't be having that much of an issue. Military is constantly clearing at 130-185 (troops, jets, turrets) per unit and well over 500 for tanks (seen it up to 555 so far today).

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 4:58:04

It is an odd day that i see troops under 130 and jets/turrets under 155. You sure youre on the right server? All no waring alliances should be making bank

Edited By: MilitantOrgy on Aug 23rd 2014, 14:26:11
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 13:38:53

as a commie you need to sell twice a day to keep expenses down. thrice a day selling isn't bad option either but managing to do that could be problematic.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2014, 13:54:33

Right now I see troops above 130, jets above 180, turrets above 160, and tanks above 550. I've been seeing these numbers and higher all set. I myself have bought them up to these prices to make breaks, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

You sure *you're* on the right server, MO? ;)

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 14:26:25

LOL. fixed. I typoed :P

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 17:55:39

The days pass and I put on my hat and coat and toddle down to the tech market to see what good things the merchants there want to sell me. And day after day I trudge home empty handed.

Maybe have to try a little DIY. Although what sort of DIY weapon or DIY business model I could turn out for myself I don't know.

Now wouldn't you think those lads would want to sell their stuff? After all, they have taken the trouble to make it.

iccyh Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 18:02:34

Buying tech is always the right choice if you're not a techer, regardless of the cost. Yes, prices are a bit ugly right now, but so long as you have any extra cash investing in an increase in production is the best thing you can do, and should be done as soon as possible.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 18:11:18

Spoken like a true techer.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2014, 18:15:20

I think you should have been a casher.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2014, 18:16:20

Originally posted by iccyh:
Buying tech is always the right choice if you're not a techer, regardless of the cost. Yes, prices are a bit ugly right now, but so long as you have any extra cash investing in an increase in production is the best thing you can do, and should be done as soon as possible.

Well cost does come into play although its prob not an issue as long as tech is under around 10,000 per point. Of course the sooner you get tech the more turns it has to pay you back...

iccyh Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 18:19:25

I'll admit it: I am teching this reset and I would really, really like it if some casher would please, please, please buy my tech right now. Please?

However, that honestly has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Until you're stockpiling, the only worthwhile investments are those that increase your production, either by increasing your land (mil spending for landgrabbing, or related techs) or by investing in production technology. The faster your production goes up, the faster your income goes up, and the more you're able to continually invest in growing your country until you stockpile.

Tech used to be the biggest difference between the alliances that would compete regularly for TNW and those that wouldn't, and I doubt that's changed.

hoop Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 18:29:23

I'd be ok with cheaper prices :)

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 18:55:47

Here I am with my building programme to keep up, funds needed for grabbing, funds needed to protect my land, damned expenses to meet, the kids to feed (not to mention those guys guarding my land) AND there is a war to sustain. And some guy wants me to buy a combine harvester?

Where's my shotgun (or is it a crossbow?).

P.S. Sorry, not at 3998. Nor yet 3700. If you want me to buy - which you say you do - you have to tempt me. I like the sales pitch - but it is temptation I will give in to. :)

iccyh Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 19:05:56

If you're at war buy mil strat and weapons tech, seriously. 10% mil strat is the equivalent of an extra attack every 10 turns, while weapons tech reduces your military costs hugely by letting you send less while making hitting you more expensive. With military prices as they are, investing in tech is a no brainer if you're at war regardless of the tech prices; you don't need to spend that much for it to have an effect and result in savings.

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 20:02:59

Click on "play your country" in the alliance server; click on "market"; click on "history"; scroll down to "weapons"; look at "total volume" collumn.

It is not just me that isn't tempted.

Finally click on "scores". Start at the top. Look (in vain) for the letter "H".

Drop your prices.

Edited By: Furious999 on Aug 23rd 2014, 20:15:19
See Original Post

Aug 23rd 2014, 20:22:47

Another market pressure on techers is that in a good warprepping, there will be lots of tyr techers. When these countries are killed, with the new restarts, they don't need to buy tech because they already have it. I sprang back to life with 4% warfare and 145% weapons.

iccyh Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 20:23:14

Look at the buy orders on the market: the minimum price being paid for most techs now is well over $3000. The issue here isn't solely of techers jacking their prices, it is that there isn't much of a tech supply relative to the demand (and the buy orders prove the demand).

Seriously: the question isn't "should I buy tech?" It is instead "how much tech should I buy, given the price compared to other things?" It's a question of alternatives, not a yes/no. Tech should always be in the mix. And, right now, with military prices as high as they are tech is a worthwhile investment even at the prices on the market now.

You may not be tempted, but that is honestly your own loss; you're at a comparative disadvantage to the countries putting money into tech.

Edited By: iccyh on Aug 23rd 2014, 20:26:12
See Original Post

iccyh Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 20:36:24

The real impact of the all of the tyr/tech war starts was to almost completely crash the tech market early, pushing non-warring countries to play other strategies instead of converting to techer. This, combined with warring techers putting turns to hitting rather than teching and war techers dying has caused the supply to dry up.

Restarts are likely to be a little less of an issue as even if they had no tech, they'd still not have the income to significantly affect the market. Right now, I'd guess the main war techs are selling to landgrabbing original countries (both those at war and otherwise) rather than to restarts.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 23rd 2014, 20:51:44

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
I sprang back to life with 4% warfare and 145% weapons.

that's because low land.

Aug 24th 2014, 1:22:44

Right marshal, but now that I have doubled my land I still don't have incentive to bump this techs. They are at roughly 3% and 125% now.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 24th 2014, 14:10:19

you get 40% + 0.06% per defend back so of course your techlevels stay high quite awhile.