Verified:

tellarion Game profile

Apr 2nd 2014, 14:27:14

After a week of discussion and debate, we have finally nailed down exactly what our intentions were with the new rules changes. On behalf of the moderation team, I apologize for the inconsistencies and the delay in getting this information back to you, but we've reached a consensus on the new rules.

As previously stated, this is a TEAM server that was meant to be played with small, independent teams of 5 players. Allowing multiple teams to operate together as a unified megateam was never the intention, and I personally am sorry that it was allowed to continue in that vein for so long.

Here are the changes:
1) 2+ teams are NOT allowed to work together to kill other teams.(This includes joint killruns and sharing break information)
2) 2+ teams are NOT allowed to declare war on the same team without provocation.
3) Teams are, of course, allowed to set whatever retal policy they wish. If you want to enforce a 1:kill policy, it is not our business.
3a) This means that if you do not want to risk getting killed over a single grab, don't hit a team with such a policy and you're safe for the most part.
3b) In order to help facilitate this, I would encourage all teams to publicly post your retal policies.
3c) Provocation is defined as at least 1 grab or harmful spyop. Provocation is limited to the current set. Events from previous sets don't factor in when considering these rules.

4) Untagged countries are NOT protected by these rules. If you want to play untagged, I suggest playing on Express, Tourney or Primary(our solo servers). Multiple teams ARE ALLOWED to attack untagged countries.
5) Untagged countries are NOT ALLOWED to coordinate to attack tagged teams. Attempting to play untagged to circumvent these rules will result in severe punishment.
5a) The rules will apply as normal to 1-country teams, however.

6) Baiting teams into a war on multiple fronts via outrageous tactics will be punished depending on the situation. What I mean by this is:

Team 1+2 both grab Team 3. Team 3 retals appropriately(yes, this is a bit of a gray area), ie 1:1, L:L or what have you. Teams 1+2 refuse to accept retals, or both RoR to provoke a conflict. In such a situation, only one of the two teams(1+2) would be allowed to declare war on Team 3.

7) Cherry-Picking: If there is no provocation, don't do it. If there is provocation, it may be allowed.

8) Ingame events determine whether a team is considered to be 'at war', not posts on Team Talk.

Just because you posted a war dec, doesn't mean anything if you don't do any attacks. And vice versa: Just because someone didn't post a declaration doesn't mean they're not at war, ie the following thread:

http://earthempires.com/...-penance-and-euroix-31846

If you have any questions about these rules, please let us know. As always, moderators have the final say regarding individual cases, with martian being king of the trolls, the andals and the first green men.

Edited By: tellarion on Jun 11th 2014, 7:55:35
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit