Verified:

KahaliTao Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 2:32:55

So... I've recently checked in on my Country and have found it's pretty crippled...
Currently my Expenses are by a large multitude, larger than my net income.
What kind of strategy can I employ to help recover?

Also... Numerous attacks were as follows:
They took:
xxx Bushels
$xxxx
xx Technology Points
xx Oil Barrels
Your military lost:
Nothing!
Their military lost:
Nothing!

How is a fight with nothing lost possible?

braden Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 2:35:34

crippled how? no buildings, no population?

the only way they'd lose nothing while you lose nothing is if you had no units protecting you. if you ps'd, say, your tanks away, for however many hours, those tanks will not defend you..

KahaliTao Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 2:48:30

Well. I have a ton of turrets, a collection of tanks, and very few Troops.
I still of a decent amount of tech left, as well as buildings and land, but every few turns I need to sell stuff to keep going.
My population has dropped by nearly 160,000 down to a mere 2500 though

braden Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 3:08:49

your buildings are primarily residential and business, then i guess?
what is your bpt, or how many cs do you have?

your production is based off your existing population in relation to the potential for what your maximum population could be (somebody may correct my wording), so you need to get your population back up as quickly as you can. without actually seeing your country, it would be difficult to tell you exactly what to do.

you may, however, wish to, if on express which i assume it is, go to the bottom left hand side screen, where you find your build, your advisor, your war room, etc, and go to the bottom, find Seach, then above that is Get Help.

we can then see your country, without it telling which is yours, but still giving us enough information to help you.

KahaliTao Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 3:27:04

Mostly research with a little farm and business mixed in to help reduce cost. I've been selling tech to keep a decent cash flow, but the recent hit I got isn't allowing my tech sales to really carry me anymore.
I've tried the get help, but am greeted with "You must create a thread first!"... I'm a little stuck getting help as well.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2014, 3:38:12

Well, you get more active responses here anyway.

A few things, I don't know how a fight with nothing lost is possible. Well, I can think of a way, which would be if you have no military. Maybe you had no military at the time of those attacks?

Anyway, the negative net income isn't something you want to worry about. Unless you go all enterprise zones and residences, you can expect to lose income.

If you're mostly labs, you should look at going COMPLETELY labs. Labs are more effective the higher percentage of your total land they cover. So they will work better if you invest in them more heavily. You go ahead and lose some money on turns (but maybe tech some business and residence, and you won't lose so much?) and you go ahead and buy your own food, and you fund it all by selling the tech.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

mrford Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 3:41:49

those attacks look like GSes to me

he probably had no troops, and someone 1 troop GSed him numerous times. since production is popilation based now, a lot of GSes will also wreck your production.

you can only recover by regaining population as fast as possible bro. and you should of either joined GDI, or not gotten into a fight with someone.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

braden Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 3:46:24

i haven;t played a techer on express, blid.. i don't think a single time, actually.. but is the loss of income for sure? on less acreage, so less defense, will your techs not keep you in the green? if from 160k to 2500, adding back those 157.5k should bring him back to positive income?

also, on a side not, generally when people war you your netting set is finished, and you pretty much just fight them back. unless you're me :P

KahaliTao Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 3:57:10

well.. the odd part. is out of the 163 actions, the last 10 or so attacks actually caused the attacker to loose a small handful of troops. I do have some troops, but the number is ridiculously small.
Oh, and I have joined GDI. This fight was most likely caused by a failed spy attempt.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2014, 4:01:06

Well mrford is right about the guerilla strike thing so that explains some of it, I didn't look at the attack that closely
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2014, 6:42:56

If you are in GDI, you...

a) hit same target more than once (breaking GDI protection)
or
b) stole cash and or tech from someone (also breaks GDI)

Summary: Suck it up and learn from it ;-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

vatzooland

Apr 18th 2014, 8:35:45

who did it! tell me, ill avenge you

vatzooland

Apr 18th 2014, 8:37:24

don't listen to these old timers. THey have been playing this soo long they dont ever think up new styles or tactics. Whoever hit you, make sure you target them next round so they dont mess with you again. if they do, just keep annoying them.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2014, 9:22:52

Originally posted by vatzooland:
don't listen to these old timers. THey have been playing this soo long they dont ever think up new styles or tactics. Whoever hit you, make sure you target them next round so they dont mess with you again. if they do, just keep annoying them.

Get back in your cage!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 14:03:58

lol too late to troll, but those are GS's my friend. when you start losing barrels, that's a big give away. your country isnt crippled, just sell what you have, use turns to raise your civs and you're back to normal. then get some def. hard to give you advice if you don't show us a country #.

lus Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 21:00:31

are you selling on market or cashing for income?

KahaliTao Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 21:18:19

It was not a harmful spy op, and I have not attacked this opponent, and sorry, but I will not give out the Country # of myself or my attacker.
This isn't a sob story about how someone ruined my Earth life and I'm not rage quitting, but the responses I have gotten regarding the GS have proved helpful, thank you.

I'm playing this round as a techer, and sell on the market, but am attempting to shift from research into industry, as I think that:
A) Tech will not always be in demand, so my income will greatly whittle away.
B) Considering I'm a techer, have a great deal of tech already which could greatly benefit any strat.

Mind you, this is my first set on Earth Empires considering I last played Earth 2025 over a decade ago with the sole purpose of killing my friend who also played. (Suicide anyone?)

I put points into business tech, and built few farms and enterprise to help offset my expenses but it was never enough to make me positive. It just kept my loss per turn nice and low. I guess problem with this strat is when I got GSed I lost a lot of population which was no longer offsetting my costs and that's where I am struggling to repair that without selling everything I have to keep a positive bank balance. (Or I might as well start over)

Riddler Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 23:00:47

the goal is to make enough production of goods (tech, bushels, or oil) so that you can sell a few times a day and offset the PCI losses in a positive manner, say you lose 200k per turn you want to multiply that by turns per day and them make sure you are selling enough of your goods to triple those losses therefore you can afford to stockpile. Mixing building types doesn't help your cause...specialize in your strat.

Riddler Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 23:02:01

and don't start over, just tech a ton of turns into residences, and sell all your other techs for whatever orders there are to help you have cash to do so

mrford Game profile

Apr 18th 2014, 23:24:21

listen to riddler

and since production is population based, while you have low population from the GSes, your TPT will be really low. the more turns you run, the more you will be able to tech per turn, until you are back at max pop.

for the longest time GSes did nothing to hurt a country as long as you didnt kill it, these population based production formulas were only added a few sets ago. makes walling really fast really important now.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Riddler Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 1:21:34

Originally posted by mrford:
listen to riddler.

never thought I'd live to hear these words from Mr Ford... *blushes*

mrford Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 1:52:46

so many people dislike me or think i hate them i lose track of who im supposed to me mean to sometimes. sorry.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

KahaliTao Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 18:12:24

Riddler, mrFord, thanks for the tips.
I'll give it a shot and see how the rest of this set turns out.

braden Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 22:16:48

we don't need to to know his number or your number. name, anything. all we need to do is *see* your country. in the Get Help section, anything we need to help you, we are told. anything we need to determine WHO you are, we are not told.

the Get Help section provides, for your benefit, assistance. not a means to for us to know who it is we're hitting. I, for example, just "asked to get help", if you want to see how it is I run my country.

braden Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 22:17:59

hm, it all seems to be locked and my post was not, in fact, created..

maybe it's a timed response.. or i very well may be wholly incorrect, and this option is no longer available??

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2014, 22:41:15

Bug with the new forums?

By the way, I would recommend all get help posts be sent directly to the server forum.

braden Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 22:49:24

that, i was about to say, could clutter up the forum.. but really, not very many of us seem to use it, as if since february this was the first time it came to be used, then nothing much would seem to be lost in it's removal.

however, if, like for boxcar when you log in, it says above the forums, you have 1 tag request, or 1 application to be reviewed.. upon visiting the forrum, maybe it tell us there is 1 country status that would like to be reviewed and commented upon? for when we read that particular forum, then anyone who wishes can be immediately directed there or navigate on their own when it suits their interest

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2014, 22:51:04

Yeah it doesn't get used too much AND just look at this forum, after the first 5-10 threads the rest are over a week old. It doesn't matter if those get pushed off the page.

braden Game profile

Apr 19th 2014, 23:00:58

i think if anything, those country status/what to do conversations could only improve the activity on the forum, and perhaps even result in greater numbers in game.

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 20th 2014, 5:32:25

see i dont even know how to use the Get Help section. but naturally if you play in a good alliance, and you're actively learning, you'd get up to par in no time. =P

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 20th 2014, 5:48:39

Originally posted by mrford:
so many people dislike me or think i hate them i lose track of who im supposed to me mean to sometimes. sorry.

OK, Ford, you're right. :) LOL

That's the funny part anyway, you're right. hahahahaha

The common denominator in all this is YOU! LOL

Do the math.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

hsifreta Game profile

Apr 20th 2014, 5:52:45

i like mrford, he's a riot =P