Verified:

farmer Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 2:20:22

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 3:28:34

Guy breaks law, guy gets caught, authorities move in. Why is this news?
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

farmer Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 3:32:59

you mush have more info than me

mdevol Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 6:08:13

It clearly states that the feds have said he is not a criminal suspect, why are they there?
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 6:41:12

And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Rufus Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 7:39:30

Originally posted by mdevol:
It clearly states that the feds have said he is not a criminal suspect, why are they there?
Really?
"the FBI could not say if Donald Miller would face charges for his collection in Waldron" (second sentence).
I am John Galt.

Fooglmog Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 14:09:59

It makes me so happy to see a "special agent Jones" there.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Trife Game profile

Apr 3rd 2014, 16:02:50

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

On a thread yesterday on reddit someone had posted that the dude has a bunch of Indian/native american/earlier cultures' artifacts that were obtained using shady methods, and the FBI were getting them back to the peoples that they belonged to.

Also, it was mentioned that it's likely that he is the brother of Stanley Miller, the scientist who did experiments on the origin of life and was nominated for several Nobel Prizes.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2014, 23:06:28

Originally posted by mdevol:

Federal government, they can do anything they please without no accountability whatsoever!

Hence, Obama changing the rules of his care act as he sees fit despite violating the very laws he implemented.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

farmer Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 0:15:56

not sure how they are so sure some are stolen. real vague information from the f b i.
if i am a collector should i be worried they will show up at my house?

Viceroy Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 0:18:33

Yes, every artifact once belonged to a different civilization, so there is always the potential someone could say that it should never have been yours
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Angel1 Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 0:21:21

The article said that he may have knowingly or unknowingly acquired some artifacts improperly. The article says that experts are being brought in to look at the collection piece by piece to determine whether they were acquired within the rule of law. The article also says that the gentleman has been fully cooperative. My concern here would be that the FBI goes after artifacts whose governing laws have changed since Mr. Miller acquired the artifacts. It would be improper to say that Mr. Miller cannot own an artifact because he would not be able to get the artifact today if it was legal for him to buy the item at the time he did so.

This is news because of the scale of the potential find.
-Angel1

Rufus Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 6:32:20

Originally posted by farmer:
not sure how they are so sure some are stolen.
They're not sure hence they're investigating and the guy is only "suspect".
I am John Galt.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 4th 2014, 6:57:53

Originally posted by Rufus:
Originally posted by farmer:
not sure how they are so sure some are stolen.
They're not sure hence they're investigating and the guy is only "suspect".

Yet they raided his home....
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Rufus Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 7:20:30

Yes. It's called investigation.
I am John Galt.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 4th 2014, 10:57:24

Most museum artifacts were obtained using "Shady methods" of acquisition, Trife, you moron. The history of museum objects reads like a criminal story right from the beginning of the efforts. People were made famous and rich by "Discovering" some piece of antiquity and laying hands on it so they could sell it to a museum.

Hence, the popularity of Dr. Jones and the quest for historical items. He wasn't doing it for free you know, there was a profit motive in everything that the vast majority of people do. Thus, I'm certain that there were shady deals made to acquire a particularly fascinating piece for your museum or university collection, thus gaining funds and grants to keep your tenured positions, etc.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Trife Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 14:15:15

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Most museum artifacts were obtained using "Shady methods" of acquisition, Trife, you moron.

Hey mouthbreather, I never said otherwise?

Junky Game profile

Apr 4th 2014, 20:41:44

I've heard that alliances would do anything to win.... FBI you've gone too far, leave the other clans alone!
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Apr 6th 2014, 23:43:45

Seems like yet another massive waste of federal funds.
Even if the old geezer is guilty as sin waste him and bury him with all his crap.
Bringing out a division to decide who has rights to it all is a sad waste when we can not afford such.

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 1:38:35

Follow up on my first post. it may take week or years to identify all of the items and he was not arrested or charged with anything.

http://www.foxnews.com/...cts-in-indiana-home-raid/