Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 22nd 2014, 2:23:50

Perhaps not add a new spy op, but give one of them a bit more push.

Give the market spy the ability to steal/sabotage/destroy a portion of the goods on the market on the second market spy in a row.

For example, the first one works as it does now, any subsequent market spy ops steal and/or destroy a percentage of the goods on the market.

I just think this would be useful to have.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 22nd 2014, 2:38:15

Yea, Martian & I have been planning to address spyops for a while, but it always gets shoved to the back-burner because it is a lot of work, and there's other higher priorities....

But soon, i hope?
Finally did the signature thing.

Boltar Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 4:13:11

New op: destroy turrets and tanks. Like u do troops

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 4:19:29

Originally posted by Boltar:
New op: destroy turrets and tanks. Like u do troops

disagree on that one. i like the variety.

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 4:19:58

new op: reduce PCI

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 22nd 2014, 4:29:58

Oh, i didn't necessarily mean we'd actually make a new op, just that we'd address spyops

though you never know
Finally did the signature thing.

Boltar Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 16:18:45

i still think a way to lower the turret amount like u do troops right before a gs/br would bring a new dynamic to the game

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 22nd 2014, 16:57:40

Just wanted to say thianks for all you guys hard work on this project. It is appreciated.

The idea posted by Hsfreta to reduce PCI is not a bad idea. Kinda reflects what is going on in America right now.

Give your intelligence services the ability to insert a Manchurian Candidate into a much larger countries presidency, whereupon he starts destroying the economy and weakening them. That could be a lot of fun. :)

Anyway, thanks for the consideration, guys. :)

Boltar, not a bad idea, bu that would really mostly apply just to people who are seeking land. And would likely be inordinately used by bottomfeeders so that they don't have to have as many jets on hand.

Boltar Game profile

Mar 22nd 2014, 18:01:02

i was thinking in times of war, now where the objective is to cripple not kill

mrford Game profile

Mar 23rd 2014, 0:09:43

being able to op market goods sounds like a suicider op. do not want
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

General Earl Game profile

Mar 23rd 2014, 2:14:48

shut up suicider!
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2014, 7:11:34

Attacking your enemies depots is a valid tool of war in the real world, ford. You scared someone might fluff up your market manipulations?

h2orich Game profile

Mar 23rd 2014, 16:11:58

I would like an op that steals people bonus points

braden Game profile

Mar 23rd 2014, 23:12:31

the pci or even the tank/turret op (does the reduction in readiness op already not do this??) sounds fine, but attacking goods on the market serves nobody but suiciders looking to ruin peoples resets. unless you want to give us a bank to store our money in, it's moneys insured by the federal government and not at risk for loss?

cerb, i like your ideas, keep 'em coming, bud, but them working in game because it relates to real world doesn't make very much sense.

braden Game profile

Mar 23rd 2014, 23:12:58

i would like an op that stops h2o from running turns, period!

i'll beat you one way or another :P

h2orich Game profile

Mar 24th 2014, 1:57:53

thats interesting braden. :P

"Your spies have slowed down your enemies to 1 turn / 25 min for 12 hours" (for 1a)

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 24th 2014, 3:48:51

Originally posted by braden:
i would like an op that stops h2o from running turns, period!

i'll beat you one way or another :P

that's like a % stun in an rpg. stops them from doing anything for a few seconds per op. that could actually be useful for kill runs and not be overpowering =P

hsifreta Game profile

Mar 24th 2014, 3:49:39

lets add spells like they had in utopia, boost certain strengths, or have different races, so your units dont match and the markets are different. with special abilities

h2orich Game profile

Mar 24th 2014, 4:21:42

imma steal ur runes..

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 25th 2014, 2:03:40

Yeah, I can see that becoming a problem with an op like that, Braden. Makes sense when I think about it a little more closely and how all these people play the game. Some people love to hold grudges and hide and await some kind of retribution against another player, whom they probably know who it is and just want to make their game miserable over some perceived slight. :(

But for someone who plays like me, it would be an excellent solution to convince some guy with a huge stockpile at stake to come to terms quickly.

It's just something to think about, I never expected to actually get it to be in the game. LOL

If that gets put in, I got lots of other things that I would like too. Naval Forces perhaps.

Let's make warring a little more interesting. :)

If we get naval forces, we would also have to have "defensive units" dediecated to repelling naval attacks, just like we have to have turrets to deter, or defend bombing runs, and tanks to deter or defend artillery barrages, we could have shore batteries to deter or defend attack from the sea. :)

Just a little added excitement to the mix. :)

But, yeah, I can see some suiciders empowering themselves with that sort of thiing. :(

Boltar Game profile

Mar 25th 2014, 4:28:52

i suggested before cerberus, that they allow tanks to kill civilians as well as buildings like on mars 2025

General Earl Game profile

Mar 26th 2014, 10:18:23

I agree, tanks should kill people too!
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 26th 2014, 17:33:09

Yeah, you would think there would be some casualties in those destroyed buildings. I don't see anywhere where you can build bunkers to hide your population in when the buildings get blown up. So, unless you are a nation of Native Americans, or Tuaregs or some other nomadic people who live out of tents and teepees and such, your population would have no where to live and your PCI should drop precipitously.