Verified:

Vic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 2:25:22

ok guys, really?

really?

Vic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 2:25:39

also don't some of you owe me like money and your first born chid?

Symac

Feb 3rd 2014, 2:28:51

Yeah, no. Not even close.
Greatest evers don't get shut down and crapped all over like this, no matter how good the other teams defense is.

Vic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 2:35:06

i completely agree with you

smlandau84 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 2:50:42

He's the greatest ever regular season quarter back. He's not even as good as Eli when it counts

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 3:32:07

Tonight demonstrated the end of an era, pocket QBs are done.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 3:58:45

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 4:05:37

How the Colts finish?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 4:08:36

Plus Luck is mobile, he can get out of the pocket and run
(•_•)

ssewellusmc

Feb 3rd 2014, 4:10:22

The colts died in 1984...

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 4:49:25

Oh please Brady is about pocket QB as there ever was.
Nope Peyton and the rest of that team choked.
Sorry he does not even reach Marino

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:09:23

Give Seattle credit, in my view it looked more like Seattle D choked Denver's offense.
(•_•)

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:18:36

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Give Seattle credit, in my view it looked more like Seattle D choked Denver's offense.

SECONDED!

Catchy Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:19:40

I wont argue Peyton as best ever, but not better than Marino? WTF are you smoking Ironman?

locket Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:24:20

You cant pin this all one one guy. He actually wasnt that awful. Was more average than anything else. The whole team was bad though.

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:25:06

People have obviously forgotten just how good Marino was...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Catchy Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:30:42

Probably because QB's like Brady, Manning and Brees break all his records and have won a super bowl... I like Marino but can't say he is better than Manning

And I agree that Seattle played great and Denver sucked as a whole

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:49:19

They break his records because the style of play has changed. League parity has also changed significantly since when Marino played.

Personally, I agree that Peyton is better than Marino, but most people are WAY too quick to dismiss the Dolphin great just because of the playoff success his teams never had.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:52:30

Montana is the best ever.

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:58:09

Another thing to consider if you want to look at this in the context of Manning vs. Brady and Superbowl Rings...

When Manning went down, how did the Colts do in 2011? (A: 2-14)
When Brady went down in 2008, how did the Patriots do? (A: 11-5)

Was Matt Cassel really that much better a football player than Curtis Painter?

ssewellusmc

Feb 3rd 2014, 5:58:33

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
Montana is the best ever.

He sure is... 4-0 in super bowls!

daspheebsie Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 6:29:45

All I know is that I got to see Broadway Joe, and that made my day. I got to see my Seahawks throughly trounce the friggin' Broncos, albeit with some help with the Broncs, seriously that many interceptions, did the Broncs even think to show up to play football? Or did they pull a Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen and forget what the hell they were doing there in the first place.

All I know is that I want to say it was a good game, but it would have been a better game had the Broncos showed up in the first place. Because then at least it wouldn't have felt like your run of the mill game. Cheers. As for Peyton being the best? In what fluffed universe? Favre up until he couldn't get it through his head that he needed to retire.
Current SoLer
Retired LaF
One time at band camp Evo

Riddler Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 12:03:59

it's all ran by the mob...vegas made a killing

sparticvs Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 12:21:02

hardly, the broncos almost got completely shut out. if sherman didn't get taken out, they would have never gotten those points.

Vic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 12:59:39

Originally posted by locket:
You cant pin this all one one guy. He actually wasnt that awful. Was more average than anything else. The whole team was bad though.

i agree, this can't all be pinned on one guy.
but in a conversation about the greatest qb's ever ... that performance just took peyton out of it.

Trife Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 13:02:05

peyton manning should be forced to join the hall of fame as a bronco after that horribad game.

as sir charles would say... turrible

Vic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 13:02:48

i thought this was telling.
peyton set another record with most receptions thrown in the sb to one player ... it was to thomas with 13 i think? and how did that work out for them? literally the biggest embarrassment in super bowl history imo. the fumbles, the pick 6, the kick off return. it was an EMBARRASSMENT.

peyton is really good at throwing to one person, setting meaningless records, and losing big games.

also, give MAJOR credit to seattle. i've never seen a team so beastly and aggressive and able to execute for the entire bowl . their hits were harder, their cuts were faster, their routes were better, they just looked cooler and their qb is way cooler.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 14:38:05

Russell Wilson is a class act, they got a gem there.
(•_•)

MauricXe Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 16:00:25

I don't put this on Peyton. He had a great game statwise.

He can't block for himself, run the football by himself, throw and SECURE the ball to himself, cover kickoffs by himself, or play defense by himself.

I enjoyed watching him lose....not because I don't like him but I am tired of all of the hype.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 3rd 2014, 16:40:23

I'm a huge New England + Brady fan but posts like this are garbage.

Peyton is awesome regardless of last night's game; to not respect him cheapens Brady's body of work.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

ssewellusmc

Feb 3rd 2014, 16:51:57

Brady is a crybaby

Vic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 16:59:23

Originally posted by Pang:
I'm a huge New England + Brady fan but posts like this are garbage.

Peyton is awesome regardless of last night's game; to not respect him cheapens Brady's body of work.

I hope this wasn't directed toward me?
I respect Peyton..

But after last night's performance - he has lost yet another big game, now holds the record for most playoff loses in nfl history, and really loses a lot of weight in a conversation for "The Greatest Quarterback Ever".

This has absolutely nothing to do with Tom Brady or New England. Peyton and the Broncos faced an embarrassing blow out loss to the Seahawks and that will be factored into "The Greatest" debate.

Awesome is one thing Pang - and I agree he is "awesome regardless of last night" like you said, but this isn't a conversation about awesome. it is in regards to him being the Greatest Ever and many agree with me that after getting trounced in the Superbowl like that, you definitely fall a few places back in that ranking.

here's a good read -
http://www.cbssports.com/...not-if-he-loses-on-sunday

Edited By: Vic on Feb 3rd 2014, 17:47:34

Vic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 17:01:47

also you are a huge new england fan? are you as huge a new england fan as us in new england?? :p
(+this has nothing to do with new england)
<3 ya pang

hawkeyee Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 18:32:50

greatest regular season qb of all time!
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Feb 3rd 2014, 18:50:29

I don't think Brady is necessarily the best ever either. Best of generation, maybe.

And yes it was directed at you, because you started the thread as what I perceive as a follow-on from the other "Brady > Peyton" threads.

also,
Originally posted by Vic:
also you are a huge new england fan? are you as huge a new england fan as us in new england?? :p

Typical Boston-area sports fan attitude. Keep up the class! :p
<3
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

blid

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 18:58:58

Originally posted by Pang:

Peyton is awesome regardless of last night's game
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 19:06:51

Everytime you attempt to help Vic up, he pushes you aside because he just loves to rumble in the filth. Sad.

Hey Vic, did you see in the 1 snap when Peyton Manning failed to snap the ball correctly to Peyton Manning? Or in the third quarter when Peyton Manning was drive the ball down the field and threw a beaut to Peyton Manning only for Peyton Manning to have the ball stripped from him? Man, that Peyton Manning sucks, see the one where several Peyton Mannings all left their lanes and let Percy Harvin run one in for a TD?

Edited By: crest23 on Feb 3rd 2014, 19:22:03
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Fatty Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 19:45:54

Peyton Manning is an above average NFL QB. Seattle clearly had better game preparation and emotion/heart. Seattle dominated every player on that Bronco team. What you saw was Denver get out coached and their game preparation was very poor for what Seattle did. Esp. on Special Teams and nickel back situations. Denvers corners also played horribly.

Is the word greatest applicable here? NO

I will say Peyton trumps ELI the clown.

~Fatty~

Farming alliances since 2002.

Vic Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 21:36:10

Originally posted by crest23:
Everytime you attempt to help Vic up, he pushes you aside because he just loves to rumble in the filth. Sad.

Hey Vic, did you see in the 1 snap when Peyton Manning failed to snap the ball correctly to Peyton Manning? Or in the third quarter when Peyton Manning was drive the ball down the field and threw a beaut to Peyton Manning only for Peyton Manning to have the ball stripped from him? Man, that Peyton Manning sucks, see the one where several Peyton Mannings all left their lanes and let Percy Harvin run one in for a TD?

Crest do you even bother to read threads?
Peyton is a great qb and the game was won by a beastly Seahawks squad. It was NOT lost by Peyton in any way, nor did I suggest such.

Rather, I was continuing a discussion from before on the whether or not Peyton could be considered the "best qb ever" if he were to lose the superbowl.

Pang - I can appreciate your reasoning - as I did start off that last thread like a troll and I gave Peyton no credit. However, halfway through the thread I made amends with Ford and began to more seriously consider the subject - and in no way discounted Peyton as a truly great qb. This thread was a progression off of that more honest tone.

and did you just get classist on me? :p

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 0:00:42

He's probably the best QB ever, OP.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Klown Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 0:05:48

Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback of all time.

Viceroy Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 1:19:02

Brett Favre is Tony Romo with a competent General Manager.

Klown Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 1:53:19

Okay? Tom Brady is Drew Bledsoe with a competent general manager. Peyton Manning is Kerry Collins with a competent general manager. What fun.

Trife Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 2:01:33

Originally posted by MauricXe:
I don't put this on Peyton. He had a great game statwise.

34/49 passing for 280 yard, 1 TD, 2 picks, 24.4 QBR and 73.5 rating... is a great game?

what are you smoking and can i please have some

braden Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 2:03:25

i love how nobody understood it to be a rhetorical question, heh.

less focus on sports you pretend to like, more focus on, i don't know, english?

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 2:08:53

Originally posted by Viceroy:
They break his records because the style of play has changed. League parity has also changed significantly since when Marino played.

Personally, I agree that Peyton is better than Marino, but most people are WAY too quick to dismiss the Dolphin great just because of the playoff success his teams never had.

I hate it when people use Superbowl Wins as a QB stat. If someone wins 5-10 then I'd start to say he might have a big part in it but a QB is only a part of a team, even if it is a big part.

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 2:09:55

Originally posted by Viceroy:
Brett Favre is Tony Romo with a competent General Manager.

I think you vastly underestimate Favre. He didnt win 3 MVPs in a row for no reason.

@Trife the ESPN rating is complete bollox so dont use it as an argument

Symac

Feb 4th 2014, 2:16:26

This is like trying to call Lebron James the best ever, but in a decade people will still remember Michael Jordan and no one will know Lebron James. There can be only one.

In a decade no one will remember the manning brothers, but Joe Montana will still be the best QB ever.

Stats or any of that other bullfluff really mean nothing. Only some neckbeard fanatic can pull stats of all time greats off the top of their head. More goes into being best ever than stats. It's the way they carry themselves, it's the dread in the enemies eyes when they faced them, it's the fans, it's the opposing sides fans, it's what they do when it matters.

locket Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 2:18:11

Uhh people will remember Peyton. They havnt even forgotten Jon Elway yet and you think they wont remember Peyton? Him or Brady will go down as the best of their era and Rodgers likely to be the best of the era near the end here.

AxAlar Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 2:53:26

like duh
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN: