Verified:

ViLSE Game profile

Nov 25th 2013, 14:26:49

Hey All!

Long time since I've been here posting much of anything but I am a bit curious if anyone in the earth community has been considering playing Star Citizen when it is done?

I signed up a long time ago in the kickstarter campaign for this game and it has gone huge lengths since then all on community backing. Looks to be a pretty huge game, I will be playing it so if anyone from here is going to do the same feel free to drop me a line. :-)

Some info on the game can be found here if anyone is interested:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/

Cheers,
ViLSE

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 25th 2013, 15:13:36

One of the games I considered backing, but didn't actually back it as I have maybe 10 other games in the backlog that have yet to be delivered.

Back-log. Get it? Haha.

:(

tellarion Game profile

Nov 25th 2013, 15:20:23

I'm a backer as well. Can't believe they managed to get $29 million so far in crowd funding. That's pretty intense.

I'm definitely looking forward to it!

trumper Game profile

Nov 25th 2013, 15:29:40

bonus

ViLSE Game profile

Nov 25th 2013, 16:04:51

tellarion, I think they are almost up to $31 million now. But yes, totally insane but looks like a lot of fun.

tellarion Game profile

Nov 25th 2013, 16:22:13

You kidding me? I got an email like 4-5 days ago that said $29...that's fluffing insane...

ViLSE Game profile

Nov 25th 2013, 16:27:06

Yeah really crazy, but they have some 310k people that has already signed up for the game and backing it. This is going to be massive from day1. I say by end of today they will be at $31million. Probably $32million by end of the week.

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Nov 26th 2013, 12:34:42

I thought about it... but would be interested in seeing how intense it will be and how reasonable for the casual gamer to play. I can't go all in and be required to play 4 hours a day just to keep up and have it be fun... any word on how the game play will be? I looked all over and cannot find much.
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

Erian Game profile

Nov 26th 2013, 12:40:28

I'm going to play it. I've been on board since kickstarter as well, and am currently pledged for a Super Hornet. Not sure how much I'll play of the MMO part, but maybe waay to much ;) The pledging system with ship rewards is seductive and very hard to resist getting just another cool ship. Especially with this being the last day of LTI for veteran backers and some new alien ships introduced. That Xi'an scout and Banu merchantman... hmm... Must resist pulling out visa card!

Erian Game profile

Nov 26th 2013, 13:33:29

Have you guys joined any guilds? I'm thinking about joining the Imperium, because their style appeals to me, but I'm not sure if I really want to get that active an involved with the game at this point...

tellarion Game profile

Nov 26th 2013, 13:37:09

I'll prolly decide closer to release :)

ViLSE Game profile

Nov 26th 2013, 17:33:56

I have bought myself two ships so far, one Orion 315p and a Freelancer. But I will try to resist anything more. The Freelancer I only got so that I could fly together with my wife, she will be the gunner in the rear turret. (she promised to try!)

I have been looking into guilds lately but when I asked on the forum for a good one I got sooo many responses that I couldnt be bothered to chose one. I might do that choice a bit closer to release as well.

Colonel Chaos: I really do think you can play this game quite casually, I only intend to play it an hour here or there whenI can fit it in. Long gone are the days when I could sit and play a large number of hours a day or week. Just sounds like lots of fun to me to fly around and find new worlds and trade and so forth. :-)