Verified:

pollex

Jul 8th 2013, 5:53:25

I knew big countries were going to be hard this set but its worse than I thought

55k with 2 less hits for my 94k acres last set
so 60k roughly with equal hits

the 55k countries have roughly the same building cost as the 94k ones did.

I knew I needed to change things up a bit, but I wanted to see how the old system would work with this, and the answer is not well

good job with CC and their 150k country though, pretty sweet (curious how much is built)

anyways, everyone feel free to fluff about the nerfed acres here :)

your welcome QZ
FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

JJosh693

Jul 8th 2013, 6:38:00

w0w
~JJosh -> FFA - ARES

mrford Game profile

Jul 8th 2013, 7:03:56

it would cost me 120 BILLION cash to build my acres

fluffs weak
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

kemo Game profile

Jul 8th 2013, 16:40:29

ya i gave up at 50k. all your expenses are belong to qz
all praised to ra

dittie

Jul 8th 2013, 17:30:19

post an op ford, im curious to see :P

mrford Game profile

Jul 8th 2013, 17:31:23

my op is too sexy for this board
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ZIP Game profile

Jul 8th 2013, 18:06:44

http://forums.earthempires.com/...2713&z=building-costs

I don't like it either, i asked QZ if the changes had to be for every server and he said no i recall so maybe he could change it back if we fluff enough !! ?

it would make the severer different too and that could be a good thing... not just another cut out alliance server... but with 16... maybe finish the control panel and b00st the limit to 24 !!
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

ZIP Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 14:07:31

and tell me why ghost ar needed to be nerfed again?

+1 bottom-feeding again
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Twain Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 14:30:10

I really could care less. I figure I'm playing by the same rules everyone else is. If they want to make land-grabbing/all-explore more competitive, then this is the way to do it. Last time I ran techers, I easily made it to about 55k acres average, whereas this time I think I'm at about 32-33k and it seemed like the right time to just start teching/stocking full time.

It certainly is a difference, but ultimately, we're all playing by the same rules, so it matters little in the grand scheme of things (but if you set a personal record for yourself sometime in the last 5-6 sets, that's probably untouchable, just like llaar's set 2 or set 3, whichever it was, is untouchable).

pollex

Jul 9th 2013, 16:20:20

yea, I think thats what bothers me the most. You take time getting good at something to get better and better records. I don't mind changes that make the game better, but when you simply prevent people from improving it is disheartening. My highest was 323mil anw, wont touch it again and my 1.6bil best wont touch again. My best 3 now will likely not change for all time. There are some stats that wont ever change again, and makes other stats harder to improve. Like my total nw ever, will be much harder to move up from spot 9 now.

I don't recall seeing any threads where people complained that there is to much land on ffa. I would more reasonably understand the concern if there was a lot of outcry about it being to easy to make larger countries but I saw little to none on such a topic.

FFA- TKO President
Alliance - EVO member

Twain Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 17:30:26

Total NW is still a race of both putting up better countries than those ahead of you and also continuing to play when others drop out. Heck, that's how there's been the level of fluidity at the top. llaar was way ahead of everyone else after his ridiculous set, then he basically stopped netting for awhile and Ketchup took it over, then he stopped netting. Havoc had it for a set or two, and now he's been AWOL for a few sets.

So the stats like "Best 3" are going to be tough to improve on, but Total Networth All Time--again, everyone's playing by the same rules, so the people in the top 8 spots, if they're playing this set, have the same hurdles to climb.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 18:11:52

yes the rules are the same for all and yes we all play by the same rules but... no one was saying they wanted a nurf. it was changed for people in alliance but why should that effect this server? why does it have to be exactly the same as alliance?

Twain Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 20:04:41

From what I can tell, it's the big land-traders that are most affected by this. Tell me if I'm wrong.

On that assumption: Yes, people have wanted land-trading nerfed for a long time. There haven't been many recent voices because the people who wanted it gone have pretty much felt defeated/and because those people for the most part are the warrers who occasionally like to netgain (like some of the players in NBK most notably).

That's not to say I'm one of those voices, but I would bet there are quite a few people on this server that still are in favor of weakening land-trading.

ZIP Game profile

Jul 9th 2013, 20:11:13

pacts are the problem... not being able to grab the fat landtraders to keep it in line .