Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2013, 1:16:58

BigRedDog

Jun 20th 2013, 1:21:31

also changed the restrictions on borrrowing / used games / selling them back.....we'll see how long that lasts

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 20th 2013, 1:24:51

Originally posted by BigRedDog:
also changed the restrictions on borrrowing / used games / selling them back.....we'll see how long that lasts

Prob just long enough for people to buy the console :p

BigRedDog

Jun 20th 2013, 1:35:14

Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by BigRedDog:

Prob just long enough for people to buy the console :p

lol thats about what im expecting knowing microsoft

locket Game profile

Jun 20th 2013, 1:59:00

It would have been interesting to see how the sales #s went if they didnt make any changes :P

Atryn Game profile

Jun 20th 2013, 2:06:31

Hmmm.... we just "inherited" our X-Box 360 last X-Mas (see what I did there?) and I'm still playing Oblivion... I just let my kid start Skyrim...

So at our lag rate, we *might* get an X-Box One in 2015 or 2016...

Drunken Dibs

Jun 20th 2013, 2:08:41

i can't buy an xbox one because it won't play my videos nor xbox games. it's ok, i can't buy a POS4 either because it won't play my videos nor games.

I'm a happy camper because i don't have to buy anymore junk to play my content. when it quits working, IGetToSmafluffAlll! Happy Days Are Here Again!
Conformity Requires Sacrifice.
Send Me More 18-20 year old female virgins if you want me to conform properly.

ninong Game profile

Jun 20th 2013, 3:31:46

good for everyone..now if they could only make their price much nearer to the PS4..since technically the xbox one is slower :D
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2013, 15:16:17

How much are they going to charge for it?

Kalick Game profile

Jun 21st 2013, 15:57:31

Originally posted by Requiem:
How much are they going to charge for it?

Xbox1 is priced at $499 and the PS4 base model is priced at $399.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 21st 2013, 16:33:24

Also, the XBox1 will not be available in Asia (and Australia too?) until the end of 2014, so pretty stupid they are alienating their player base so much.

Kalick Game profile

Jun 21st 2013, 16:47:24

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Also, the XBox1 will not be available in Asia (and Australia too?) until the end of 2014, so pretty stupid they are alienating their player base so much.

Pretty sure it will be available in Australia at launch. And I don't think Xbox has much of a player base in Asia to alienate.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 21st 2013, 16:49:35

ahh a $100 buck difference won't deter most people.

Mr Emerald

Jun 21st 2013, 23:04:52

Nope, though PS4 will start charging for online play. The aruement between consoles for the most part is that n00bs go and play ps3 because it is free and if you want you can just create a new account to make yourself look good, while the skill level is a lot lower.

Now you will pay, but will said skill level increase? lol
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 22nd 2013, 4:08:58

Not sure but PS4 also did say that you only have to pay for the multiplayer games. You don't have to pay for the netflix and all them other apps that xbox makes you get live for.

Also teh PS+ gives you free games so you'll get a bit more for you buck there.

Frodo Game profile

Jun 22nd 2013, 4:31:56

Xbox did a terrible PR job for their launch. I mean they did such a terrible job of explaining what exactly they meant by their restrictions on sharing/selling/trading used games. What they had wanted to do was pretty much sell you a digital file for the game which you install on your Xbox and play without a disk (just like what Steam does for PC games online). In reality thats not a bad idea, and its going to happen eventually, because no one complains because they cant trade or sell a game they download from something like Steam. Microsoft tried to radically change the way console games are purchased but did it too fast.

They had wanted to include a library which could be shared with multiple friends so more than one person can be playing a game at once, but thats not going to happen now for a while.

Heres a good article about Xbox's decision: http://www.guardian.co.uk/...uturn-was-microsoft-right

Personally I think they should have made the digital games optional and allow users to either buy a traditional disk or a new digital copy. That way those who plan on buying a game and not getting rid of it would be able to enjoy the befits of the digital possibilities while those who might resell are still able to.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 22nd 2013, 5:32:32

One of the major problems with that dumbass strategy is console HD space limitations.

Moreover count me as one who thinks I should be able to sell/transfer digital copies of games as well. Good guy Nintendo allows this on the VC.
Smarter than your average bear.

Drunken Dibs

Jun 30th 2013, 21:14:19

hmm, not sure that any game should be sold after it's purchased. not like it's going to go up in value because it's a fixed price based on what the store is selling it for. who are you suckering into buying it for more than the store sells it for? i have a bridge in Brooklyn that i've been trying to unload for years...

elvesrus

Jun 30th 2013, 21:20:20

dibs: duke nukem forever...
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Drunken Dibs

Jun 30th 2013, 21:27:44

Three Boobs On The Wall.
Slap Them, Slap Them, Slap Them All.
Because Most Women Don't Have Three Boobs To Slap And They Get Annoyed.

think i bought that for $20. got stuck in the stadium with the 50 foot tall three boobed goddess because i don't have the thumbskillz to slap them fast enough for her satisfaction so i can run away to the next level.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2013, 2:40:27

Originally posted by elvesrus:
dibs: duke nukem forever...

Hells ya man!

Drunken Dibs

Jul 2nd 2013, 20:18:44

tomorrow i get to see how well it transfers to my new 360-S. asuuming that it and the 320G hard drive get here. going to be a pain if i have to download it again, or it doesn't transfer at all. meh, i like smashing things that don't work properly.

BigRedDog

Jul 2nd 2013, 22:42:00

Originally posted by Drunken Dibs:
hmm, not sure that any game should be sold after it's purchased. not like it's going to go up in value because it's a fixed price based on what the store is selling it for. who are you suckering into buying it for more than the store sells it for? i have a bridge in Brooklyn that i've been trying to unload for years...

it has nothing to do with making more after you played the game, its about trading/selling your old games, no one does it to make money, its to get back some so u can spend it on other games/things

Drunken Dibs

Jul 2nd 2013, 22:46:50

um, i kinda think people should spend less time playing games if they are that desperate for cash.

Shinigami Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 23:57:42

... people still buy gaming consoles?

Kalick Game profile

Jul 3rd 2013, 0:13:19

Originally posted by Shinigami:
... people still buy gaming consoles?

It is an all-in-one entertainment system.

rpottage1

Jul 3rd 2013, 0:43:46

um, i kinda think people should spend less time playing games if they are that desperate for cash.
Why? And who's the say it's desperation for cash? I own a monster truck racing game for the Wii; owned it for years now. I've never played it, it's still in the original packaging. It was a gift, but it's not my type of game. What's wrong with trading it in? Or how about older games that you don't play anymore or have multiples of? I have Assassins Creed for the PS3; but I also have it from steam as part of a bundle with the second game and one of the side games; the bundle was cheaper than buying just one of the games. What's wrong with trading an old game I don't play and that I have a double of?

Drunken Dibs

Jul 3rd 2013, 1:04:12

why are you fluffing at me about a game that you never played and obviously that has no value to you? they said they needed to recoup the money so they could play other games. i thinl that you're wasting fluffing time if you can't afford to play games.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2013, 1:13:48

What you mean to say is "fluff YOU POOR PEOPLE GET A fluffING JOB YOU POOR PIECES OF fluff"

BigRedDog

Jul 3rd 2013, 1:13:48

why are you fluffing at me about a game that you never played and obviously that has no value to you? they said they needed to recoup the money so they could play other games. i thinl that you're wasting fluffing time if you can't afford to play games.

don't necessarily "need" to, but why not? if you're never gonna play the game why not go get a few bucks to spend on another newer game u wanna play?

Edited By: Patience on Jul 5th 2013, 15:17:57. Reason: Fixed quote
See Original Post

Atryn Game profile

Jul 3rd 2013, 12:08:08

Wow, add Dibs to the list of reasons this game/community is losing its appeal.

iScode Game profile

Jul 3rd 2013, 12:14:40

lol Dibs is one reason this game gains appeal with his fantastic trolling, i bet he even sells games :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Drunken Dibs

Jul 3rd 2013, 20:22:19

LOL. crap. why was i thinking that i wouldn't have to download all my content again after i transfered the licenses to the new console? spent like 5 hours using the transfer cable to move the junk and i can't use any of it offline. hahahahaha. 240G at $10 a G means it would cost me $2400 to download it all with my phone's data plan. i need to change my name to Joe Brilliant. oh well, least my original xbox games work again.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Jul 3rd 2013, 20:44:44

you guys should've gone ps3
Do as I say, not as I do.

Drunken Dibs

Jul 3rd 2013, 22:53:02

hehe. no, I'd probably experience the same problems with it. smoke messes up my DVD drives. i guess, unless i have an evil dvd that fries them whenever i play it.

nimrodix Game profile

Jul 4th 2013, 1:06:37

got 360 and ps3.
ill get both the new systems too.

kasayka Game profile

Jul 4th 2013, 5:12:56

Xbox did well with new idea of loeering price if u contract LIVE...expect same thing with Xbox one...after they get all $ they can from 499 payors. Once sales drop off, u will see 299 prices if u vontract LIVE.

K

kasayka Game profile

Jul 4th 2013, 5:14:45

Oh, and expect same type of virtual expansion drives $ for rent. To solve memory "issues".

K

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 13:56:47

memory issues? how many disks are the games coming with nowadays? all my new box video purchases go straight to my PC via Zune, so that's no longer a problem. can even reliably back them up now. well, streaming them from the PC to the xbox is kinda goofy because it only allows you to pause or play and you have to start back at the beginning if the connection gets interupted. 500G is enough space for what, 100 full dvd games? how many games do you buy a month?

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 14:38:34

100 games divided by 12 equals 8 and 1/3 years before you run out of memory. assuming that you can afford to buy a game every month because you're not some poor starving crack addict face-eating pothead zombie. might take a bit longer than 8 and a third years if you are. maybe not. free food if it sits still long enough.

Patience Game profile

Jul 5th 2013, 15:22:31

As usual, Dibs is given an inch and takes a mile. *sigh* If you're not careful, you'll end up sitting out another ban.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 15:26:59

pfft. if you're not careful, you'll have to ban another 150 million users from the site to keep me or some other moron from being a big meanie because you ban an entire ISP to squish my tiny pee pee.

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 16:01:20

just out of curiousity, why is my PinkyandTheBrain account still banned? did i say something really nasty with it, or are you just trying to limit me to one forum account?

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 16:04:47

i'm going for the Guinness Book of World records as being the person responsible for getting the most innocent people banned from a site because the mods were descended from Nazis.

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 16:12:32

hmm, if i succeed, then you would probably also be awaded the most authoritarian website ons the internet. think i'll pretty much be allowed to say whatever i want because i am me. you come here, i spank you much better. i am manly man. you enjoy.

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 16:27:02

take ten miles, take 100k miles, take one million miles. if you want to exert your authority, you actually need some to do it. you're a bunch of Canadian moderatores telling me that I should Shutup while posting to a site hosted on US territory while y'all are stealing our cable satellite TV. you lose. i smarter thqn rock.

Drunken Dibs

Jul 5th 2013, 17:34:58

are we going with the * spank you and the other 150 million users that might connect to the site? or you dance dirty for me. you dance sexy. you dance like your lover's hands are caressing you body. meh you swing dance, i have orgasim. don't break your back.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 5th 2013, 18:54:28

sit on spoon
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Patience Game profile

Jul 5th 2013, 19:04:21

I have no idea why your PinkyandtheBrain account is banned. I'm pretty sure I only banned one account, DrunkenDibs, and did a delete-all on it (but only after you dropped the c-bomb on me). I may have banned another if you made one after that and continued to cause trouble - but it was a long time ago, and I don't remember.

So for gawd's sake, will you PUH-LEASE stop playing the martyr and just post like a sane human being for a change?
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 5th 2013, 19:08:26

one does not simply read the posts of the drunkn dibs.. one only looks at ever third consonant and the odd prime number
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!