Crowgora Game profile

May 15th 2013, 8:36:18

If i convert all retals enough times, will people stop attacking me lol

AndrewMose Game profile

May 15th 2013, 10:35:28

yes- to some extent

Crowgora Game profile

May 15th 2013, 10:41:54

Im curious, especially since my returns are far greater than what they get. Why attack someone with the ability to take way more, immediately?

Xinhuan Game profile

May 15th 2013, 10:48:13

Some players aren't bright enough to know this immediately (particularly newer players).

And some players just make bad judgment calls, that is, they attack thinking they wouldn't get retalled, that maybe the target doesn't have the capability to do so.

Crowgora Game profile

May 15th 2013, 10:51:11

Fair enough, and is the retal window really 48hrs?

Xinhuan Game profile

May 15th 2013, 11:14:44

Many people use a retal window of the entire remainder of the reset.

Crowgora Game profile

May 15th 2013, 11:19:58

Lol wow. Id be kinda ticked. But, what is the general consensus for a retal window. Something that wont get me farmed for no reason.

Magellaan Game profile

May 15th 2013, 11:23:46

There is no general consensus :)
Whatever you can get away with is fine basically. But most people don't want to break GDI so often you can get away with taking your time to retal.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Magellaan Game profile

May 15th 2013, 11:26:45

Well, I guess you could then say that the general consensus is that there is no retal window. But there's always some uncertainty as to how people react.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Crowgora Game profile

May 15th 2013, 11:54:12

alright, thanks for the input!

blid

EE Patron

May 15th 2013, 11:58:12

Originally posted by Crowgora:
Lol wow. Id be kinda ticked. But, what is the general consensus for a retal window. Something that wont get me farmed for no reason.
72 hours is safe
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

qwertyh Game profile

May 16th 2013, 0:18:18

The more important question is why are you getting hit multiple times?

I think more often than not, it's because the country that is being farmed looks noobish and is an easy picking.

Or a better way to stop being attacked is to stop looking so juicy to be LGed.

Crowgora Game profile

May 16th 2013, 0:47:43

I have insane low acres compared to people around me, im a techer and dont need as much, but same thing happened last set and i was all defense last time

blid

EE Patron

May 16th 2013, 0:53:47

I would never hit someone with insane low acres compared to people around them. Not sure why it would be happening to you.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Crowgora Game profile

May 16th 2013, 2:10:45

Apparently its a fun idea lol owell, getting over triple on returns is catching me up fast.

h2orich Game profile

May 16th 2013, 2:40:05

Isnt it obvious that someone are using multiple accounts to bring Crowgora down? Hitting someone with low acres and high defence at this point of time of set?

blid

EE Patron

May 16th 2013, 2:43:29

shut the fluff up cheating piece of fluff

Crowgora Game profile

May 16th 2013, 3:40:42

Lol jeeze. My situation had me sitting in 2k less acres compared to similar nw. Based on a few retals and spying, people with higher net and higher acres had more jets than defense, by a decent margin.

qwertyh Game profile

May 16th 2013, 4:53:04

Hmmm.that sounds right..whether you know it or not you have stumbled on a key concept of the psychology of the game in regard to land grabbing....if you can work on that..your game will improve for sure..as many top top players will tell you..the difference between the very best and the pro is how well one can LG.

Crowgora Game profile

May 16th 2013, 5:22:46

I just don't understand how to maximize turns at this point. Primary is a whole new monster compared to tournament and alliance and even express.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 16th 2013, 8:32:27

Originally posted by Crowgora:
I have insane low acres compared to people around me, im a techer and dont need as much, but same thing happened last set and i was all defense last time

Well look at the top networth country right now. 2.4m NW.

Do you have at least half of that, 1.2m NW? If you don't, you risk being grabbed by that 2.4m NW country.

I'll say right now, because the rank 2 country is 2.1m NW, anything below 1.05m NW (half of that) is under danger of being bottomfed from the top countries.

If you are trying to build 300 CSes then start growing in country size, like in Alliance, that's not going to work, because by the time you finish building the CSes, you would be in bottomfeeding range of the top commies (remember humanitarians is 1/4 to 4x on Primary, NOT 1/12 - 12x).

Instead, you need to start grabbing/growing after your initial 160 CS or 200 CS, and build 20 CSes daily (so your daily 54 turns, about 20 will be building CSes, the other 34 would be spying/grabbing/building/teching) from that point until you reach BPT goal. You need to constantly reevaluate your risks of being bottomfed by the top countries, and grow along.

If you are above 1.2m NW at this point and you are getting attacked, it is most likely a malicious topfeed instead. Last I looked, only 1 or 2 countries above 1.2m NW got attacked, and those hits are retals.

It's a lot of early country growth, because the moment you get into bottomfeeding range of the top countries, you aren't climbing back out of the hole unless there are some exceptional market conditions (like $4k tech prices), or you get a lot of Offensive allies to retal with.

I can assure you having 100% all turrets won't help you. The land growth for exploring compared to grabbing for land will only slow your rate of growth to the point you will fall into bottomfeeding range of the top countries.

Not only that, because of GDI rules on Primary (the no double-tapping rule or you break GDI), land grab targets for the top countries are few, by week 6 of the reset, I would have literally grabbed every country between 25%-40% of my NW exactly once, including countries that are all-turrets. To grab further, I would have to increase my own NW to keep new bigger grab targets below 1/3 NW of myself to minimize risks of being retalled.

Edited By: Xinhuan on May 16th 2013, 8:40:57
See Original Post

Crowgora Game profile

May 16th 2013, 9:34:35

Wow, thanks for the depth there. Something like that should be stickied. Ive noticed retaling has helped immensely. Im actually enjoying primary finally haha.

blid

EE Patron

May 16th 2013, 14:23:20

Xinhuan is giving away state secrets!

I'm kind of curious what country Crowgora is and what retals he's been making. I browsed the news and didn't find any candidates.

h2orich Game profile

May 16th 2013, 15:17:38

3 more retals are you are done!

LATC Game profile

May 16th 2013, 15:43:11

I agree Crowgora, retals are the best =) I've found that being a good retaler can help you catch up also.. I mean you obvs won't finish at the very top like that, but top 20-30 easily with all the free acres you can get on just a few big retals.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Crowgora Game profile

May 16th 2013, 22:25:09

Thats the plan, i got hit again earlier and i have more overall military than the attacker. So, i got some more strat tech. Sad for him i think.