Verified:

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 19:53:24

Either that's a war brewing, or its been set up to shoot for a record. Looks like he dropped the empty land and just kept the free indies.

Oh my mistake~ I counted his PS on the 16th as well.

Edited By: Serpentor on Apr 18th 2013, 20:05:08
See Original Post
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2013, 20:00:14

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
This could be interesting...

2013-04-18 19:26:22 PS Narcissistic (#175) FortySix and Two (#125) 3561A (4566A)
2013-04-18 19:25:14 SS Narcissistic (#175) FortySix and Two (#125) 2586A (3748A)
2013-04-18 19:24:23 SS Narcissistic (#175) FortySix and Two (#125) 2862A (4431A)
2013-04-16 15:43:27 PS Narcissistic (#175) FortySix and Two (#125) 6291A (8876A)
2013-04-16 10:21:52 PS FortySix and Two (#125) Narcissistic (#175) 7776A (11484A)
Aha, I called it. Was it still beneficial, I wonder?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:01:35

That's true Primary style LATC. In the old 1B it could just as easily been missiles all day if you hit someone once. It's however you want to defend yourself as per your own rules. And you can't expect anyone to follow someone elses rules, gotta be ready for anything.

I accept the risk that comes with bottom feeding... Eventually it might catch up and bite me in the ass, like it did this set several times. Sometimes it don't.
The EEVIL Empire

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:02:05

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Either that's a war brewing, or its been set up to shoot for a record. Looks like he dropped the empty land and just kept the free indies.

No he kept all the land

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:03:10

I wasn't making an argument about 72 hour retal windows or anything else Serp. I was just saying, like everyone else is, that 184 hit 186 because of 186's hit earlier in the set, and so I called it a retal. Jeez, can you people please read my posts for what they say instead of constantly going on rants about why you disagree with me on another topic?

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2013, 20:04:06

Originally posted by LATC:
I agree with you Serp. As the aggressor why are you entitled to keep the land after 72 hours? Based on the GDI rules and rules of primary wouldn't it be smart for me to retal when it's most optimal for me? I mean you (top players in general) grab ppl 1/4 your size because it's optimal for you in thinking they can't retal you. As the person who got hit, why do I have to retal on your schedule. If I can get as much land as you get an entire reset on 7 retals, why shouldn't I? Because it's not fair to the aggressor? Etiquette? Theres no etiquette or fairness in hitting someone 1/4 your size.

I see top countries who grab me who are fat, have no tanks, no SDI, low turret count. I'm going to retal that all day whenever I want. And if you have a problem with that, my tanks and missile cache would love to hear from you again. You don't want me to retal you because you want to net? Eff you, I want to net too, but you hit me first.
If you can take the retal and you don't and you intentionally wait for a long time to get more land that's just you being a weasel, and if they hit you back you can't complain.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:06:58

Originally posted by Magellaan:
Originally posted by The Cloaked:
<ee> PS FortySix and Two (#125) --> Narcissistic (#175) -- 7776A/11484A

attacks like that are strictly sabotage. There is nothing for the attacker to gain and it'll cost 5m+ NW to rebuild the acres the attacker will lose on the retal.

Rebuild costs are about $250-300 million, not that bad I think and the cost of jets and oil were less than if I had to bottomfeed those 5k acres. And targets are getting scarce leading to me to bottomfeed targets that can potentially retal like one already did. I know that mathematically or cost-wise it makes more sense to bottomfeed but the lack of targets made me try out this topfeeding thing.
Am I a total fluffhead for topfeeding someone who's having such an amazing set? Well.. yes, I won't deny that. But it wasn't done to sabotage, it was done to benefit myself.

Oh yes, I can now see the wisdom in your words. That really benefited you. Every set the same thing, people never learn. Didn't think through all the consequences, didja?

This is why it is always a good idea to pay attention to the names people choose. With a name like that I didn't imagine this going any other way.

Edited By: crest23 on Apr 18th 2013, 20:30:23
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

BobbyATA Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:09:34

Originally posted by Chewi:
Agreed.

I hate this "Retal" argument. So you're saying that if you PS someone and they don't PS you back within 72 hrs or so that they aren't allowed to PS your country for the remainder of the set? You instigate and expect them to respect that? You have no tag protecting you, and hitting them twice is enough of a disrespect to warrant what you get in return.

Each country is allowed to hit each other once per set under the GDI rules without letting yourself get f'd up. There's no rule stating that if you hit him early that he can't hit you late if you are a viable target. If you're in GDI then follow GDI rules not Alliance server rules.

This is coming from one of the biggest LGers on the server remember.

Each person can enforce his own retal rules.

This this this this this. And let's stop moralizing about what rules are right or wrong. Come up with retal rules you like and enforce them.

BTW I didn't hit back LATC this set b/c there was nothing to hit back. He has a crappy country that won't finish well at all, and based on his posts it was clear that he would be happier warring me then trying to net. Enforcement in this case is letting everyone see him attempt to net instead of wasting my own set warring. But if you ahve a well run country trying to finish well and you don't want to fight me, GL trying to get a retal in on me past a certain window...

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2013, 20:10:19

No he kept all the land
Yep, Narcissistic seems to be a player who doesn't want to eat someone's crap. He's having a very good set and someone he hasn't attacked decides to hit him and tarnish it, knowing full well the hit will be retaled, but attacking just the same to profit from all the grabs Narcissistic has busted his ass all set making. The top feeder is assuming he can coerce a better player into getting screwed in the land exchange because he thinks the person will be afraid of breaking GDI rules and will just take the loss. It seems he thought wrong and picked a fight with the wrong guy.

LATC Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:12:34

Originally posted by blid:
I agree with you Serp. As the aggressor why are you entitled to keep the land after 72 hours? Based on the GDI rules and rules of primary wouldn't it be smart for me to retal when it's most optimal for me? I mean you (top players in general) grab ppl 1/4 your size because it's optimal for you in thinking they can't retal you. As the person who got hit, why do I have to retal on your schedule. If I can get as much land as you get an entire reset on 7 retals, why shouldn't I? Because it's not fair to the aggressor? Etiquette? Theres no etiquette or fairness in hitting someone 1/4 your size.

I see top countries who grab me who are fat, have no tanks, no SDI, low turret count. I'm going to retal that all day whenever I want. And if you have a problem with that, my tanks and missile cache would love to hear from you again. You don't want me to retal you because you want to net? Eff you, I want to net too, but you hit me first.
If you can take the retal and you don't and you intentionally wait for a long time to get more land that's just you being a weasel, and if they hit you back you can't complain.

Oh absolutely. I'll take a retal when I can, but if I have the cash on hand and I can buy up to 95% before I make the retal that day then I will. And no, I wouldn't complain if they hit me back after, that's what the missiles/tanks are for.

Like my hit today, I op'ed him yesterday because he was an ally of a guy I hit yesterday. He had 1/2 the turrets I have and around the same NW. Does it make me a weasel for being opportunistic for retaling after seeing that op yesterday?
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2013, 20:15:21

No he kept all the land
He didn't keep all the land though. He was 74k land before the 3x hits today. He grabbed 12,745 but his land only went up by 8k. So he dropped around 4,000 land.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2013, 20:16:37

Oh absolutely. I'll take a retal when I can, but if I have the cash on hand and I can buy up to 95% before I make the retal that day then I will. And no, I wouldn't complain if they hit me back after, that's what the missiles/tanks are for.

Like my hit today, I op'ed him yesterday because he was an ally of a guy I hit yesterday. He had 1/2 the turrets I have and around the same NW. Does it make me a weasel for being opportunistic for retaling after seeing that op yesterday?
I don't really know what you're saying here. You found a guy with bad defense so you hit him? And he'll hit you back tomorrow and you'll both waste a bunch of money? Okay...

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:16:37

http://www.eestats.com/primary/oldcountry/232/173

This old country didn't exactly obey the rules of GDI. Retals and ROR's are and will always be part of Primary. As will the missiles that sometimes follow. But sometimes a great set is worth the risk of those missiles I guess.

crest23 Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:17:59

No he kept all the land
He didn't keep all the land though. He was 74k land before the 3x hits today. He grabbed 12,745 but his land only went up by 8k. So he dropped around 4,000 land.
"

Na, he didn't drop anything.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:18:53

No he kept all the land

2013-04-18 19:34:01 Narcissistic $35,671,341 82,421 acres CG
2013-04-18 19:29:02 Narcissistic $30,998,251 74,107 acres CG
2013-04-18 19:24:01 Narcissistic $26,021,204 69,676 acres CG

He gained 12,xxx acres in 10 minutes. That's what it looks like to me.

crest23 Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:21:39

http://www.eestats.com/primary/oldcountry/232/173

This old country didn't exactly obey the rules of GDI. Retals and ROR's are and will always be part of Primary. As will the missiles that sometimes follow. But sometimes a great set is worth the risk of those missiles I guess.

Lol, it's funny to see how he kicked you in the teeth 5 times. I think the attitude of the game has now changed. This cannot happen again.

Case in point.

http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/245

You just need to hit the right guy at the wrong time, or the wrong guy at the right time and BOOM, head shot.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2013, 20:21:48

No he kept all the land

2013-04-18 19:34:01 Narcissistic $35,671,341 82,421 acres CG
2013-04-18 19:29:02 Narcissistic $30,998,251 74,107 acres CG
2013-04-18 19:24:01 Narcissistic $26,021,204 69,676 acres CG

He gained 12,xxx acres in 10 minutes. That's what it looks like to me.
Whoops I was looking at the 74,107 as the starting number. You're right.

LATC Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:24:15

I don't really know what you're saying here. You found a guy with bad defense so you hit him? And he'll hit you back tomorrow and you'll both waste a bunch of money? Okay...

Oh he hit me a few weeks back. But I wasn't planning on retalling it because of the ops I got previously. But then I saw the op yesterday and noticed he was low in turrets. And then when I logged on today he was close to me in NW so I bought up some NW to be 95% of him. So I didn't intentionally wait to do the retal, but jumped on the opportunity when I saw the low D count. Does that make it a fluff move?

crest23 Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:26:28

Oh he hit me a few weeks back. But I wasn't planning on retalling it because of the ops I got previously. But then I saw the op yesterday and noticed he was low in turrets. And then when I logged on today he was close to me in NW so I bought up some NW to be 95% of him. So I didn't intentionally wait to do the retal, but jumped on the opportunity when I saw the low D count. Does that make it a fluff move?

Na, this isn't a fluff move. Any retal regardless of how late isn't a fluff move. A topfeed for no reason I consider a fluff move though. I myself have waited so long to 'retal' sometimes to the point that it just becomes another bottom feed.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:29:51

Originally posted by crest23:

Lol, it's funny to see how he kicked you in the teeth 5 times.

Ha Ha Ha...My profile will show you my long lineage of success in Primary. The most humbling is probably Industrial Engineer in round 12. I had an almost perfect start to the set then fell behind because I didn't have time to play turns then I made the mistake of attacking a guy for the 2nd time in the set...and I felt this boom your talking about.

crest23 Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:32:36

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
btw top 5 predictions (a little ez this set):

Laughter in Manslaughter
Mr Perfectz
Passion Fruit Cheesecake
fearvendor (Isn't this guy normally LG'd midset most sets?)
Narcsissistic (what a great set!)

Laughter has a great chance at breaking the previous NW record of 165M. But that will depend on food, and I'm already surprised food seems to actually be moving up a bit.

A pause has been placed in fearvendor's steps. He made some boneheaded grabs and they came back to bite.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

LATC Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:34:09

Na, this isn't a fluff move. Any retal regardless of how late isn't a fluff move. A topfeed for no reason I consider a fluff move though. I myself have waited so long to 'retal' sometimes to the point that it just becomes another bottom feed.

Gotcha. Yeah, blid taught me not to topfeed a few sets ago when I started playing for real.

And Bobby, yes you're right, I would go to war in a second to defend my right to retal when I want regardless of how high I could finish. And like I said before, I was trying out a crazy strat that looked semi-promising on paper.

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 20:57:19

That's the point. Neither party can complain. You chose to PS someone, deal with the consequences. You chose to "Retal late" deal with The consiquences. You chose to hit twice and leave yourself open, deal with the consequences. You chose to not join gdi and have no sdi or tanks...

Just don't think that everyone else should play like you want them to, because they won't and you'll only upset yourself if you expect them to.

Anyways enough on that crap again ... There's more important stuff to talk about here. :-P
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Apr 18th 2013, 21:20:45

Gotcha. Yeah, blid taught me not to topfeed a few sets ago when I started playing for real.

And Bobby, yes you're right, I would go to war in a second to defend my right to retal when I want regardless of how high I could finish. And like I said before, I was trying out a crazy strat that looked semi-promising on paper.
Last chance to try a strat like that I think was this round, the building costs will be prohibitive next time.

LATC Game profile

Apr 18th 2013, 21:23:57

You're right blid. Let's get back on that topic. So tech is going to play an even larger role from now on right? Smaller countries with near max techs might be better off than large countries with low tech levels?

Rob Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 4:44:22

Why would anyone want to play a large country with low tech levels?

OneMansArmy Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 4:58:39

Originally posted by Rob:
3 cashers
2 commies
2 farmers
2 techers

And the last spot to a casher or commie

I didn't see the 2nd farmer. I believe you are correct with the exception of 2 techers. I don't see how more then 1 can make it. And even the best techer I think will struggle to pass some of the commies.

4 cashers, 4 commies, 2 farmers.

Too many crappy Techers playing this set who don't know how to price their goods correctly. Tech prices goes by the thousands.. You do not have to undercut the person in front of you by $200 a day just to sell out moments after it hits the market..
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Magellaan Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 5:24:21

Oh yes, I can now see the wisdom in your words. That really benefited you. Every set the same thing, people never learn. Didn't think through all the consequences, didja?

This is why it is always a good idea to pay attention to the names people choose. With a name like that I didn't imagine this going any other way.

lol, I knew this was a possible outcome so I won't complain. But many players let a topfeed go with one retal. He was sitting there very landfat with poor defence and he gained land on the original exchange. But oh well, bomb structures is kinda overpowered :) First 30k buildings destroyed.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Serpentor Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 6:43:27

Oh boy.
The EEVIL Empire

OneMansArmy Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 7:52:39

10 successful bomb-bank operations tonight from a communism country I never hit before.. I had an SPAL of just over 50 too..

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 10:40:37

So does anyone think Steal Tech and Bomb Banks should also not be allowed unless GDI was broken?

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2013, 11:52:41

Originally posted by Magellaan:

lol, I knew this was a possible outcome so I won't complain. But many players let a topfeed go with one retal. He was sitting there very landfat with poor defence and he gained land on the original exchange. But oh well, bomb structures is kinda overpowered :) First 30k buildings destroyed.
He had a lot of land because he had one of the best countries. His defense was not poor. Just because a top 20 country can break him with 15m jets on PS doesn't make his defense poor. You could have broken anyone in the game. He "gained land on the original exchange." Yeah, I'm sure he was real happy gaining 1000 land (less than he gains on a typical day) and having 6291 acres to rebuild, that only costs $1.3b, what a deal for him. If he had hit you back a second time but no more, I wonder if you'd have allowed it. It would've been undoubtedly fair. But I guess he figured if he's gonna break GDI he may as well go all in. It's a shame bomb buildings is completely broken.

Edited By: blid on Apr 19th 2013, 12:11:17
See Original Post

PaleMoon Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 12:04:14

So does anyone think Steal Tech and Bomb Banks should also not be allowed unless GDI was broken?

Yes. 1.2m tech points stolen so far this set. Not impressed.
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 12:22:00

completely agree

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 13:04:04

2013-04-19 08:31:53 PS Passion Fruit Cheesecake (#134) BiBiGoN (#117) 703A (1809A)

I made this mistake last set around this time...I hope it turns out better for #134. BiBiGon has plenty of stock to burn at this point in the set.

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 13:06:26

"First 30k buildings destroyed. "

That means that 20k buildings were destroyed in bomb structures ops. That is unbelievably powerful.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2013, 14:25:17

I don't know if he really killed 20k buildings, but the dynamics are totally fluffed. Bomb structures, espionage, bomb banks are all way too easy to get through for the amount of damage they do.

It was brought to the admins attention over and over again that not only had they made ABs useless in Primary with the latest change, but the damage they do in proportion to bomb structures was entirely out of whack. They didn't care because this isn't Alliance.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2013, 14:50:45

Hey guys, come support Primary in a fun new thread
http://forums.earthempires.com/...id=24169&p=1366383018

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 14:53:47

its not a perfect equation but if you look at the NW that Narcissistic dropped and divide by $35NW/building it comes up to about 30,000k total buildings destroyed. After Narcissistic fights back the turret/jet supply will have diminished by up to 60k buildings. That could change things a couple days from now.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2013, 14:59:37

Well he should already have roughly 25,590 empty land based on his captured acres from his last attacks and the chems. If he has 35,000 empty acres now I'd say bomb structures only got 10,000 of them.

Magellaan Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 15:00:14

Well, I dont grab others because its a good deal for them blid. With the GDI rules and the way spyops are I made the bet he wasn't going to risk his set over it. I thought wrong and look stupid in the process. I'll file this one under failed experiments.
If he had done only one more retal the threat of war would have been bluff.

I do agree spyops are totally broken. The first spyops destroyed over 1k buildings each.

Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Magellaan Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 15:02:01

He build up quite a bit after doing those extra retals blid. Bomb structures really is that overpowered.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Magellaan Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 15:04:41

It depends on building types tho, which is kinda strange. If you have the same buildings as your opponents it does a lot more damage than if you have different buildings.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2013, 15:09:07

Man he had a beast of a country before all this.

Chewi Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 15:16:19

Nerfing bomb buildings and leaving ABs the same would be dumb.

blid

EE Patron

Apr 19th 2013, 15:20:31

In the B&S thread I made I suggested they return ABs and special attacks to the old formulas as well

AndrewMose Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 15:50:49

1,000 buildings destroyed per bomb structures, compared to 2780 buildings per CM. Considering a CM takes 2 turns to attack and at best can only be acquired once every 50 turns (if you are teched in warfare), I would say bomb structures not only replaces the need for tanks but it even surpasses the effectiveness of warefare tech it seems.

LATC Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 15:56:41

good post blid. hope they pay attention

h2orich Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 17:44:15

Thats about 1.3% buildings each op gone. Ouch

OneMansArmy Game profile

Apr 19th 2013, 19:01:40

Hey guys, come support Primary in a fun new thread
http://forums.earthempires.com/...id=24169&p=1366383018

Should probably spam post this on every solo server board to get as much attention to it as we can. Like Slag said, the developers don't play the solo servers. The only way they will get the hint is if we voice our opinions as loud as we can!