Verified:

Syko_Killa Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 7:07:47

What's your favorite breed of dogs and why do you like these type so much?

Discuss
Do as I say, not as I do.

mrford Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 7:15:14

basenji. my dog is mostly basenji and is the coolest dog ever! she rarely barks, she does this yodel thing, and is clever as fluff.

"The basenji is alert, affectionate, energetic, curious and reserved with strangers. It can be described as speedy, frisky, tireless at play, and teasing the owner into play. The Basenji is somewhat aloof, but can also form strong bonds with people and can become emotionally attached to a single human. Basenjis may not get along with non-canine pets. It is commonly patient, but does best with older considerate handlers. Basenjis dislike wet weather, like to climb, can easily get over chain wire fences, and are very clever at getting their own way. Most Basenji problems involve a mismatch between owner and pet."

http://i303.photobucket.com/...208021435_zps29bdbad4.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...107021409_zps670e2971.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...911021323_zpsbc33d909.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...522001415_zps5aefe7f5.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...208091519_zpsf55d4881.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/...204091340_zps5372da4f.jpg

she is 12 years old now! when she sees another person coming or another dog on her walks, she steps off the sidewalk and sits down and waits for the other person to come to her. best dog on the planet.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Vic Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 8:04:35

wow ford that's a cool looking dog!

my guy morgan just turned 1, he's a black lab (english bench lab - which are shorter and stockier than the american field labs) and he's just the best dog. so for this reason i think i must go for labs. they are very loyal, very trainable, well sized but not extra large breed. great swimmers. perfect dogs for new england because they love snow in the winter and water in summer
, but i also love

st bernards.

WHEATON TERRIERS (my family's wheaton, brady, passed away at 12 years old this last summer :/ amazing dog, so loyal, so stately, true show quality this guy was) classic herders, this guy always had a way of bringing a pack of dogs together and leading them as if they were sheep and he was still in ireland. beautiful coat of human like hair, not typical dog's hair... and hypoallergenic . miss this guy so much

olde english sheep dogs!

portuguese water dogs.

newfoundlands!

and plenty of others.

locket Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 8:05:46

Labs. Super friendly and fun to be around. Not a tiny dog either :) Super cute too..

Marco Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 11:31:34

My cane Corso(Italian Mastiff), Blue. 165lbs and guaranteed to eat just about every other dog there is. Actually she's a giant teddy bear.

Ruthie

Feb 28th 2013, 15:50:42

I had a black lab named Philo Beddoe (name came from Clint Eastwood movies) and he was great! Good with kids, loyal as hell and well behaved. He lived to the ripe old age of 14 and I miss him :(

I had a Keeshond before the Lab. He was cool but I prefer my Lab.

Havent gotten another dog since Philo died.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

oats Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:46:22

pugs with hanging tongue syndrome.

oats Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:47:01

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 18:01:42

Golden Retrievers

I had one when I was in the military, his name was Stevie, his full name was Stevie Blunder. He was a three state obedience champion.

He was mine until I got deployed and let my parents dogsit him. When I got back, my mother refused to let me have him back because "He could speak English" LOL

My mother was a quad amputee and needed a lot of help with general life necessities, and my father had taught the dog to retrieve stuff from the fridge for my mother and the dog kept her company all the time.

I didn't have the heart to take him back, but there was no doubt who's dog he was. I miss the hell out of him. He died years ago, just before my parents did.

They'd be my favorite breed though. Incredibly smart, loyal and friendly. And they truly love kids.

Next on the list would be the Pekingese, they are big dogs trapped in little dog bodies. They behave as if they are the biggest dogs on the block. Hardly ever bark, and stand their ground cause they "ain't skeered". :)

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Son Goku Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 18:22:27

Rottweilers, German Shepherds and Australian Shepherds.

I tend to gravitate towards the smarter, larger working breeds.

I have a rottweiler/german shepherd/bulldog mix and a german shepherd/alaskan malamute mix.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 2nd 2013, 1:29:47

My two favorite individual breed is Welsh Corgi. My favorite type is Husky (the Husky group, not just Siberian Huskies).

Swedish Vallhunds are pretty much a combination of the two so they need a mention as well.

Angel1 Game profile

Mar 4th 2013, 3:31:48

Siberian Huskies.

The dog my family I had growing up was largely siberian husky and she was great. I'll always remember tying her onto our wagon and having here pull us around. Strong, smart, loyal, gentle, and protective. It wasn't just me and my siblings that she really loved either, it was most of the kids in our neighborhood. There was one guard dog (without proper fencing) in our neighborhood in Ohio that would ignore its electric fence sometimes; I have no doubt that if Chelly (my dog) had heard a neighborhood kid being attacked, she would have broken her chain and killed that guard dog. Then should would have likely started licking the face of the kid that was attacked. Fortunately we moved before Chelly could permanently assert her dominance and the guard dog never attacked anyone (that I know of).

As to how strong she was...you know those logging chains they make? Well, when we were letting her wander somewhere, we'd hook her to one of those logging chains and hook the other end to a cinderblock...to slow her down. We had to replace/repair her chains at least twice a year.

PS, I think the guard dog was a German Shepherd, but this dog was not a commentary on German Shepherds; this dog was a commentary on negligent pet owners.
-Angel1

Trife Game profile

Mar 4th 2013, 3:55:08

blue heeler :)

anitasanchez

Mar 4th 2013, 4:03:03

MALTESE

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 4th 2013, 16:54:39

Negligent pet owners infuriate me. Earlier this year I found a full breed Bloodhound puppy chained to a porch looking starved with no food and water, so I went and got some for it, when I got back, the lady living at the place went off on me for feeding and watering that dog. What a fluff! I called the SPCA on her right then and it still took two weeks for them to get out there and seize that puppy. Poor thing looked to be 9 months old or so and was so skinny it looked almost dead. So, they finally arrive to seize the dog and find out the bimbo has kids that are in just as bad shape and left unattended for days at a time. They find this out because this dumb cnut wants to put up a fight over this poor starving dog, thus forcing the animal control people to get the sheriff's office out there. That's when they find the kids, right!

She gets arrested for negligent endangerment, abuse, and cruelty to animals.

People like this need to be incarcerated and sterilized!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 4th 2013, 17:03:01

what kind of dog do they eat for dinner in China? :-P
I'm not a dog person. probably has something to do with the Dobermans that chased my cat into my bed and woke me up by barking in my face with their sharp pointy cat eating teeth when i was a youngin.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 4th 2013, 17:05:12

Cats Suck!

Mar 4th 2013, 17:08:30

so does your mother, but it's not actually relevant to the thread.

PG Game profile

Mar 4th 2013, 17:08:55

I have to go with SG on this. my favorit dog is also a Rottweilers
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Klown Game profile

Mar 4th 2013, 17:40:33

I have a hound mix. It is good.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 4th 2013, 18:21:27

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

How old are you Dibs?

Mar 4th 2013, 18:33:48

Originally posted by Cerberus:

How old are you Dibs?

old enough.

Acheron Game profile

Mar 4th 2013, 18:35:54

I like long haired German shepherds.

A lot of work but worth it. :P

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 4th 2013, 18:36:28

Originally posted by Cerberus:

How old are you Dibs?

old enough.

Are you sure? Really, really sure? You must be practicing so that you might talk your way into seeing a "PG" movie, eh?

Mar 4th 2013, 18:39:40

why would i want to spend $10+ and 2 hours surrounded by kids in a place that doesn't allow smoking or alcohol consumption?

mak

Mar 4th 2013, 19:13:44

this thread is outrageous

Syko_Killa Game profile

Mar 4th 2013, 19:38:58

mak did your mommy change your diapy this morning?

Trife Game profile

Mar 4th 2013, 21:33:16

BAZINGA!

Vamps Game profile

Mar 5th 2013, 1:48:59

I'm glad to see Rots getting some love here

I have a rot/shepherd mix who is 4 years old. The amount of personality he has is incredible. Very intelligent as well. Awesome dog!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 16:27:36

So just to close this thread out.. I ended up with an Australian Shepard named chubbs. This dog is quick and energetic..but seems to shed alot but loves to play and wont stop bugging me to play catch. He's a beautiful dog though; )

Vic Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 16:31:15

pictures please syko! and congrats man

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 16:35:27

thanks.. is there a format that I need to use to post pics? I am unfamiliar with posting pics on AT.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2013, 16:35:39

My fav is a golden retriever (Labrador). Had one as a kid and it was probably the best dog I've ever had. It was a pure breed not a mix.

I think once my kids get a bit older I'll get one as well.

kemo Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 16:42:46

helped raise a rott runt. great 90lb lap dog and not a hint of violence in her. random people have walked into the house and she just runs up with a ball
all praised to ra

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2013, 16:47:26

With kids I'll stay clear of rott's and pitt's. I don't care how many owners say they are fine.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 17:11:59

I have a lab/chou mix, black with brown spots, white boots, the hairiest rear legs I've ever seen on that kind of dog, and a white tip on her tail. Over a year ago, we found her as a puppy on the road, covered in fleas. We took her home and cleaned her up. Took a few months to get rid of all the fleas. Now she's pushing 80 pounds, can get over pretty much every fence, and loves playing with our cats and the neighborhood dogs making their rounds.

One thing annoys me about her, tho. We let her sleep in the house at night, and on most nights, she'll jump on my bed, wedge herself in between me and the wall, then use her leverage with the wall to push me to the edge of the bed so SHE can sleep in the warm spot. She'll lay her head on the pillow and go to snoring.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 17:56:44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cn04iqT15o

I think this video says enough. Not 100% on the breed, but the intelligence is there (and he's kind of a pimp too)
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 18:45:30

Chubbs brushing his teeth b4 bed:
http://s1286.photobucket.com/...ubbs_zpsa79dba0c.jpg.html
Chubbs in bed:
http://s1286.photobucket.com/...4267311505139462906550282

Somebody confirm if you can see the images pls

Vic Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 18:58:33

So cool syko, such a good looking dog

locket Game profile

Apr 23rd 2013, 20:03:17

Labs

Apr 23rd 2013, 21:34:45

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2013, 9:18:59

you are a psycho!!!!!

ninomachi Game profile

Apr 24th 2013, 19:19:16

i have a lapso-apso Terrier mix!!!!

He is the cutest even though he is 17 years old.

And i also have two CATS, Who rule the domain!!!

Pain Game profile

Apr 24th 2013, 21:49:46

Originally posted by Requiem:
With kids I'll stay clear of rott's and pitt's. I don't care how many owners say they are fine.

rotts are great with kids. i guess its they way they are trained. my cousin has a female pitt and she is super intelligent and great with his 2 year old that shes been around since born. my aunt also had one with 2 small children and it was great.
Your mother is a nice woman

macmd Game profile

Apr 24th 2013, 21:57:10

Labs.

I have two. My chocolate plays with my 1 y/o, lets her climb and tug and poke, and curls up next to her when she's asleep not in her crib. (My yellow is afraid of the kiddo and steers clear of her.) They're great hunting dogs, generally pretty smart, very friendly, and fun to play with. They're often high-energy, though, so if you can't exercise them, they can be a pain. Exercise is 90% of obedience with labs.

kemo Game profile

Apr 24th 2013, 23:07:53

Originally posted by Pain:
Originally posted by Requiem:

rotts are great with kids. i guess its they way they are trained. my cousin has a female pitt and she is super intelligent and great with his 2 year old that shes been around since born. my aunt also had one with 2 small children and it was great.
only problem the rott i trained was she had no brakes. she just run until she hit something solid
all praised to ra