Verified:

tisya Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 4:07:47

I really don't think it's Ivan.

But I am curious to at least know how we, in his (whoever he is) opinion, have corrupted the integrity of the game.
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

Suncrusher Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 4:16:06

i admire the cross clan kill run that's going on at the moment....thanks again to whoever helped me with the KR!

King_Cobra1 Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 4:24:59

lol problem solved.

archaic Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 4:27:02

Thanks! Everybody.

He was online all day, we appreciate the help a ton. Thanks RD, Sof, DK, Sanct, and iMag.

You've all earned a tab at my bar.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

marx12 Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 4:31:39

04:15 01/22/13 GS Snupi Wargasms on Bree (#192) (SoF) Split the Baby (#375) (GIRL) 3 C / 214 F

bonus!

archaic Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 4:34:12

I talked to him pretty much all day long via ingame PMs. I'm pretty sure it was not Ivan also. To be honest, while Ivan was kind of a fluff, this was not really his style. Plus the country build and walling was not that great.

I'll fluff about Ivan the leader, but I have a ton of respect for Ivan's skills as a player. I dont think he would be dead yet. Ivan would never have wasted 30-40 turns sabbing missiles all the way to 0 turns when he knew a KR was coming.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 22nd 2013, 4:43:04

See the problem is where you draw the line, and what you call griefing and what you call suiciding and what you call politically motivated. There are certain clans that other clans would advocate were griefing.

Plus some of the people that people being suicided have blamed are often *not* the people actually suiciding.

As for Evo being constantly suicided, we've been there, done that; trust me I know what it's like.

Oh, also I was in Monks while we were botted every set. That was lame. My casher got AB'd like 3 sets in a row, to the point where I almost stopped playing.

The biggest problem is where to draw the line. It's *much* *MUCH* cleaner to just design a game mechanic to nudge behaviour one way or another.

I actually like some of the declare war / alliance-based stuff, but there's a few things we need to get into the Clan/Alliance structure before we can really pull off something like that, in terms of code/organization.

Finally did the signature thing.

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 6:30:07

That is why I suggested changes to the system BUT sometimes it is obvious that people are griefing and at a certain point it goes from being politically motivated to just wanting to make others quit the game. There are a few people like that in this game right now and it is obvious what their intentions are. I think that if you use a warning system when it goes too far that would make it far fairer.

I also stand by the fact that alliances can police themselves. If Sof is griefing enough people or Laf or Evo then someone is going to get people together and kill them. There may be political sides but those change and they rarely stay together forever when they have no reason to do so.

In my last thread someone posted this profile(I think it was this one) from FFA as an example of someone who is griefing.

http://www.earthempires.com/profile/12390/ffa

I don't play FFA but even from a quick glance it looks like that guy is just there to fluff with other people. That can't be healthy for the game and it sure is obvious in some cases.

Murf Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 7:13:27

Ivan doesn't even play anymore, so it 100% wasn't him.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 11:23:26

Originally posted by locket:

I also stand by the fact that alliances can police themselves. If Sof is griefing enough people or Laf or Evo then someone is going to get people together and kill them. There may be political sides but those change and they rarely stay together forever when they have no reason to do so.
You keep saying that but whenever a thread about this topic springs up, people point at SoF as griefers..
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

ebola Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 12:40:39

I also stand by the fact that alliances can police themselves. If Sof is griefing enough people or Laf or Evo then someone is going to get people together and kill them.

This is actually a poor example. Evo, sure, they would get killed, but any other member of the LaF/SoF/Rival/RD powerblock can (for now) get away with a lot more griefing than e.g. Evo could. As long as they don't alienate anybody else from that powerblock they can pretty much grief/force all they want (not pointing any fingers btw).

SirSepher Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 15:42:12

Alliances police themselves to a point. Sometimes some members of the community are just ticking time bombs... you know they will snap you just don't know when. Keeping those kinds of members in check is hard sometimes and you just want to not deal with them anymore... but the alliance structure keeps most of the people here playing the game these days. I don't think there are many players out there who would still be here if not for their community. rough way to end out the set though. Freakin' sucks.
-Sir Sepher
Old Fogey learning to play again
PDM FTW
For the glory of Camelot

Crop Duster Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 16:11:34

I'd have to say LostMonk,that fluff is right up his ally.

Son Goku Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 16:16:01

It must be (insert random player I don't like here)!

wari Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 16:57:10

I BLAME WARI

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2013, 17:44:34

I blame sg

incin22 Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 17:59:33

Originally posted by tellarion:
Yeah, it's ridiculous that people leave these guys alone, only to see them completely fluff people up later in the set. But if he's incin, the douchebag just doesn't give a fluff about anything. He grabbed us 4 days before the set ended based on something that happened over a month before and had nothing to do with him.

But, I'm just a sheep that doesn't know how to play the game, apparently.

Again, you're blinded. Every thing I've done I've done with an purpose in mind, And this reset I was Jungle Welcoming Party (#333)

It seems like PDM just did something to make 375 hate them, and so they got some just desserts. Solution, don't be •sshats and people won't make you hurt. Wars aren't the only way to "enact revenge."

snawdog Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 18:59:30

Originally posted by incin22:

Again, you're blinded. Every thing I've done I've done with an purpose in mind, And this reset I was Jungle Welcoming Party (#333)

It seems like PDM just did something to make 375 hate them, and so they got some just desserts. Solution, don't be •sshats and people won't make you hurt. Wars aren't the only way to "enact revenge."

/s...
See you are not exactly correct about PDM pissing him/her/it off.
I am fixing to go apefluff on someone on another server,simply because i can.
See some folks are just assholes....
ICQ 364553524
msn

UltraMarines Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 19:02:19

I would like to say thanks to everyone who helped kill this guy!

incin22 Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 19:37:44

Why do you not think PDM pissed it off? You think the statute of limitations on pissing someone off is limited to one reset?

locket Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:16:23

Hey look! It's one of those guys alliance server would be better off without. Did you make a 2nd country to suicide incin?

incin22 Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:39:56

Please list any "suiciding" I have done that wasn't warranted. Please do.

And let me rephrase your statement. "Hey look! It's one of those guys this crazy server we have sculpted and forced into a mold that no one can deviate from and are stuck in a rut in would be better off without! Do I not know how to look at country history?"

Trife Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:45:22

Nobody seems to have any issues with alliance attacking alliances over bullfluff that happened many many resets ago...

How come it's a big deal when a lone country does it?

There ain't no magical men in black mind erasing metallic dildo that blanks our memory at the end of each reset.

Pain Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:45:58

yea huh
Your mother is a nice woman

Trife Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:54:40

Originally posted by Pain:
yea huh

well you might have a magical men in black metallic dildo... but nobody else does

:P

Pain Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:56:32

i borrowed it from you remember. duh

Trife Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:56:36

double post, but it's nifty that dildo gets around the bad word filter!

Trife Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:58:29

i borrowed it from you remember. duh

and you never returned it. jerk. and you messed up my double post! :(

Pain Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:58:47

owned

locket Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 0:21:14

Originally posted by Trife:
Nobody seems to have any issues with alliance attacking alliances over bullfluff that happened many many resets ago...

How come it's a big deal when a lone country does it?

There ain't no magical men in black mind erasing metallic dildo that blanks our memory at the end of each reset.

You havnt seen the reaction to some of Imags wars or how Arsenal was portrayed with his Laf boner when he came back then...somehow.

So this set you suicide someone who hadnt hit you as much as other people Incin, you play untagged in a tag server and say you are forced to be a suicider because you get grabbed? The only reason you are playing untagged is for the excuse. You obviously aren't good enough to get solo tag protection. I don't know your history of who you suicide each set though so I don't know if you target a certain alliance or group of them so meh.

Mr.Silver

Jan 23rd 2013, 1:10:05

Sometimes it's about taking it and throwing it back at them.

ie: ketchup, he suicided RD, a number of resets back since he didn't care much about alliance server and thought it would be funny.

To solve the problem we demanded reps from him and followed him back to his FFA server and did the same back until he was finally willing to aid reperations. We also contacted the alliances he commonly played for and informed them we would be killing him in 1a until he paid back his debt... It didn't take too long before he made up for it and we dropped the issue immediately once he agreed to it. I haven't heard of him doing the same again to anyone else.

It can't always work as some players are fluffs on all servers, and but it can be effective for some.

Edited By: Mr.Silver on Jan 23rd 2013, 7:23:58
See Original Post

pele Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 5:06:01

What happend? A suicide on pdm?

tellarion Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 13:28:57

maybe EVO needs a few constant suiciders to see how annoying it is. although pang doesnt seem to care much about it either.

Erm...we've had more than our fair share of suiciders....

This set, we've been mostly untouched, but last set and the set before we had tons of suiciders. Maybe not as many as you guys, but to say that we don't have our own loyal following of multi-reset suiciders is simply false..

tellarion Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 13:31:30

Originally posted by iScode:
locket while i agree with you that there is reasonable amount of defense those PDM countries clearly did not have reasonable amounts for that many missiles to get through.

I also agree that some members of this community should be banned for their actions, kj for one, hence why i helped kill him every time he popped up, but banning someone for suiciding, imo is not an option the mods should take.

what if that person feels they have been unjustly hurt by that alliance and this is the only way they can pay that alliance back? do alliances then get warnings for being unproductive members of the community and the possibility of the alliance being banned???

Alliances get suicided on due to leadership decisions, if you rage quit the game because you get suicided due to a leadership decision then that is your choice, however smarter choices would be to join an alliance that doesnt get suicided on or have leaders make bad decisions

(p.s. yes i know what i just said is completely and utterly hypocritical because i hide in an alliance and then suicided its allies to hurt the alliance i hide in, but no one does that anymore :P)

Scode, 544 had about 50% SDI before the 23 nukes were launched at him. For a 90k+ acre country, that is a LOT of tech and a LOT of cash spent on it. I'd say that was pretty damn reasonable. And it meant he only lost 40k acres instead of 60 or 70k....

Acheron Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 13:58:33

:/

PG Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 14:21:47

bahh tired of suciters in this game
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

archaic Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 15:31:50

Nukes need more realistic DR, you shouldn't be able to remove half a countries land with so few turns spent.

incin22 Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 16:49:37

If you're producing 1 million bushels a turn, you can afford to defend your country more. If you're not, then you're opening yourself up for attacks

100k tech is only like 160 mil, which is chump change.

This game is about risk/reward

Boltar Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 17:19:09

100k tech? to make 1 million bushels a turn. u need far more then 100k tech

Trife Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 17:30:22

Originally posted by Boltar:
100k tech? to make 1 million bushels a turn. u need far more then 100k tech

swing and a miss

incin22 Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 17:49:26

I'm not saying you need 100k tech. But 100k tech is going to raise you 10%, then 9%, then 8% and DRs. I would hope you would have had tech to start with, but adding on later, when tech prices are lower, isnt exactly rough.

wari Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 18:35:28

Another 2 million tech points would raise SDI from 50% to almost 90%.

At 90%, the guy gets maybe 6 of his NM/CM through. 6 successful NM/CM in this case destroys about 13-17k acres, if he's aiming for max damage. Enough to effectively sabotage someone's reset.

Of coruse, if you "only" have....say, 1.5 million SDI points and *not* 2.5 million -- your SDI will be 75-80%, meaning twice as many missiles get through.

It is what it is, it's always been that way. But you could easily blow $4-8 billion on SDI in any given set and still be liable to lose 15k acres if a guy's determined. If that's determined to be a problem by those who tweak the rules, so be it. If not, we're all still playing anyway, right? So let's shut up and deal with it until then, I guess.

locket Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 22:42:13

Incin if he gets to near max SDI he still loses land but he also loses out because chances are fairly good that all that money he spent goes to waste when no one hits him and then someone who was more greedy beats him. Netting is about opportunity costs and you clearly do not understand that. There is a reasonable defense and I'd say he more than had it for the SDI especially considering no one should want to suicide him as he didnt hit anyone who would do that this set.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 22:51:57

2m tech points with avg price 2.5k is ~5000000000 bucks and that's around 131m bushels at 38 (taxes not counted).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

flameo

Jan 23rd 2013, 23:35:13

If you are running solo in an alliance server, you are either a) someone else landfarm or b) a suicider. You got no chance of hitting a good finish flying solo in alliance server, better should just plan in the primary server.

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 23:39:56

Why are we engaging these people in debates on their legitimacy?

You prepped for 30+ days to ruin the game for 1 person. That person is not someone who has ever harmed you.

You sir are a douchebag.
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

incin22 Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 0:27:01

Incin if he gets to near max SDI he still loses land but he also loses out because chances are fairly good that all that money he spent goes to waste when no one hits him and then someone who was more greedy beats him. Netting is about opportunity costs and you clearly do not understand that. There is a reasonable defense and I'd say he more than had it for the SDI especially considering no one should want to suicide him as he didnt hit anyone who would do that this set.

SDI is a deterrent as much as it is useful. Defend your land. I understand what it takes to net in this game. In fact, I used to be a huge treehugger who lived for netting. But, since you don't really know me or my past performances, you have no way of knowing that. I also know what it is get get kicked in the face as a top ranker, and I learned a long time ago to defend against it.

That being said, having 6 million turrets, 39% sdi tech does not "justify" you keeping your 95k acres. It more says, I'm pushing the limits, move along, nothing to see here. When you're on top, people naturally want to beat you down.

vintage'

Jan 24th 2013, 1:57:27

sup

archaic Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 3:13:13

That being said, having 6 million turrets, 39% sdi tech does not "justify" you keeping your 95k acres.

Are you admitting to being the one that hit us?

Glad you get to arbitrarily 'justify' who gets to keep their acres, we all appreciate your service to the community.

locket Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 3:27:20

SDI is a deterrent as much as it is useful. Defend your land. I understand what it takes to net in this game. In fact, I used to be a huge treehugger who lived for netting. But, since you don't really know me or my past performances, you have no way of knowing that. I also know what it is get get kicked in the face as a top ranker, and I learned a long time ago to defend against it.

That being said, having 6 million turrets, 39% sdi tech does not "justify" you keeping your 95k acres. It more says, I'm pushing the limits, move along, nothing to see here. When you're on top, people naturally want to beat you down.

As Archaic said you have some pretty specific information there.

6million was enough to stop anyone who had reason to hit him from doing too much but in reality even if he had 12 million or 20million it wouldnt be that hard to break him if it was my country. I broke someone with 15mill damn easily. You obviously know nothing about netting if you think that even with another 30% sdi or triple the turrets he would be fine from that sort of barage.

Oh and your past EE performances are available to be seen and you have not treehugged here.

Edited By: locket on Jan 24th 2013, 5:37:31
See Original Post