Verified:

En4cer85

Jan 7th 2013, 20:53:11

I need to post for my bonus points and its getting to that time in the set where we start to look at how things will end. So what nw do you think the t10 cutoff will be, who will be there and how much for the top 2-3 ranks.

I'm thinking 250m for t10. I also think that the winner will go closer to 375m nw.

Kalick Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 21:11:32

I'm not a netting expert, but do you think the market condition from this reset provide the environment that allows for a $375M NW finish (which would be the highest finish for 1A to date)?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 21:17:38

FA FTW!!!
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Magellaan Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 21:24:56

Hmm lower tech prices than last set.
I think 200m will make top 10.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Kalick Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 21:31:07

LaF was fed a number juicy landfarms this set that they didn't have last set, so anything can happen. I don't think the market conditions will allow for $375M NW though.

Magellaan Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 21:48:08

They do have 7 demos and 3 theos above 30k acres. So maybe 200m is too low.

I dont know :P
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

oats Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 21:52:50

Any decent cashers going on?

Oil/Tech/Bushels have been cheap all set.

En4cer85

Jan 7th 2013, 21:56:12

Tbh I don't think Laf will be a big contributor to the t10 this set. I believe at least 6-7 of the t10 to be out of the Landtraders from outside of LaF. I have been told that the 65k farmer can bank on about 40m cash stock per turn. Meaning about a 260m nw jump for 1500 turns stocking... Add another 20k land to that and market play and you can definitely make 375m nw.

En4cer85

Jan 7th 2013, 21:57:29

I think any casher at about 50k land if there are any is as good as the 55-60k farmers this set. We will see though :p

Vic Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 22:35:31

landtrading t10s will not be recognized this set

wari Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 22:40:30

65k acre farmer, as a fasct with nax tech barely clears 30 mil per turn stocking.

En4cer85

Jan 7th 2013, 23:34:36

Yeah I just went and worked that out myself wari, 40m sounded to high. I am now adjusting down to 220m t10 and 285m for rank 1 this set.

locket Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 23:49:25

Originally posted by Kalick:
LaF was fed a number juicy landfarms this set that they didn't have last set, so anything can happen. I don't think the market conditions will allow for $375M NW though.

The wars hurt any of Laf's good netting countries. Laf will have a terrible finish this set I predict and I think this will be Evo's 1st rank 1 in EE. I dont think they have had one as of yet? No techers will be near the top also is my prediction which will be a another first.

Rockman Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 0:20:36

The lack of a food peak will cripple the networths of the techers. It won't boost the networths of the cashers too much, because they normally get most of their stockpile after food prices have crashed. And it of course won't help the farmers either.

I predict the top techer networth to be around 250m. There will be some nice scores from some really big farmers or cashers, but they aren't done growing yet, so it is hard to predict how they will do, but I will predict that most of the top 10 will be cashers and farmers, I would say 2-3 techers in the top 10 and 7-8 cashers & farmers.

JamesBond007 Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 0:34:32

hihi

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 1:45:53

None of the 30k techers will be top 10 unless tech goes to 3k per point AND food goes above $50. Top 10 is likely to be 9 large landtraders (above 60k) this reset, and maybe a techer from Evo that started stocking really early.

wari Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 1:46:35

Rockman -- good post, first bit of insight this thread has seen honestly.

Vic -- I choose not to acknowledge any members of GDI who finish in the top 10. To each his own.

'Tis much more honorable to be FA'd to a top 10 finish in the last 10 minutes of the reset than to commit heinous acts such as landtrading, right?

wari Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 1:47:29

and Xin, you just won the thread.

Vic Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 1:49:26

xin wins every thread and every server for that matter,
wari you lose. landtrading scum

wari Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 1:51:34

I'm sorry, I have no morals.

Also, no scruples.

Pride Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 1:52:52

I'll probably take #1 this set with 320mil NW :p

wari Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:01:26

I choose to discriminate against those who prefer the theocracy government.

You guys may think you're real cool with your 2012 landtrader hate, but honestly I wrote the book on closed-minded Earth:2025 purist-ness. I've detested you little maggots since 2001 or something.

You witches have been stealing all the top 10 spots from good, god fearing, law abiding, salt of the earth farmers for the better part of a decade now with your reselling shenanigans and miscellaneous market related tomfoolery.

From my point of view, the top 10 communists in the final rankings will constitute the actual top 10. All of us other blowhards are just vying for 11th place. Which, by the way, I won last reset. Victory is mine. Suck my balls, LCN. Glory to HAN. Notre Dame sucks.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:11:22

Originally posted by Vic:

What's your definition of landtrading?

Vic Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:20:44

lol agreed wari, notre dame sucks and glory to HAN 4:1 or die.

and na, i dont have much against landtrading - it takes skill to execute effectively. i just didn't landtrade this set so i'm going to troll those who did :p

mrford Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:28:29

nerds
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

anoniem Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:49:48

Originally posted by tellarion:

any country owned by himself.
re(ally)tired

Vic Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:56:01

^^
*scratches head*

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 2:58:49

Originally posted by locket:

The wars hurt any of Laf's good netting countries. Laf will have a terrible finish this set I predict and I think this will be Evo's 1st rank 1 in EE. I dont think they have had one as of yet? No techers will be near the top also is my prediction which will be a another first.

Huh? EVO had the highest networth in 2011 (double, which occured multiple times if you discount member dropping) and has had highest average mulitple times. I'm confsued by your statement.

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:00:24

Originally posted by GreenMan:

Huh? EVO had the highest networth in 2011 (double, which occured multiple times if you discount member dropping) and has had highest average mulitple times. I'm confused by your statement.

Also, it would be a huge surprise if LaF did not win total nw this set with their huge member advantage over the other netting clans this set.

Kalick Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:00:24

Huh? EVO had the highest networth in 2011 (double, which occured multiple times if you discount member dropping) and has had highest average mulitple times. I'm confsued by your statement.

I think he is referring to rank #1 country.

GreenMan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:04:18

I think he is referring to rank #1 country.

ahhh, now that's a different story.

Vic Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:13:43

Yes now please punch yourself in the balls

locket Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:20:53

I never said Laf would not win TNW and yah I was referring to rank 1 :P

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 3:23:07

Originally posted by tellarion:

My definition of land trading is when 1 country attacks another with the expectation that he will be retalled (and does not try to avoid being retalled) and coming out ahead via ghost acres. The target (defender) of a landtrade need not be a willing party.

The 2 countries effectively traded land (again whether the defender was willing is irrelevant).

If this happens only once, it can be overlooked as a mistake in grabbing, but if it happens multiple times over a reset (especially if he is the initiator), then the player is a land trader.

Son Goku Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 4:19:09

The wars hurt any of Laf's good netting countries.

This. I know at least a few of us who wrecked our techers to break early on in the war.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 8th 2013, 4:25:13

Evo has had a #1 before (diez, Oct 2010)

But rank 1 doesn't necessarily mean that much, usually it means somebody was treated a little bit preferentially by their FA's/clan/whatever and were fed some land in some form, directly or indirectly.

Xin: so you're saying it's only *not* land trading if you try to evade the hit by retal running? or bottomfeeding? Even when people attempt to retal run they can usually be retalled...
Finally did the signature thing.

archaic Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 4:59:09

PDM's top contender got suicided yesterday, but thats the risk land traders run I guess.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2013, 5:17:12

qz its about the target selection

given retal(s) successful, or unattempted/failed

if your hitting someone who only you would benefit and not them its topfeeding if retalled, but midfeeding if they cant retal

if your hitting someone both would benefit its landtrading if retalled, but midfeeding if they cant retal

if your hitting someone who would benefit and you would lose out its bad grabbing if retalled, but midfeeding/bottomfeeding if they cant retal

for a hit to be bottomfeeding they really need to be a lot smaller than you, relative land count isnt really an issue but it does put a limit on relative networth

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 5:22:49

Originally posted by qzjul:
Evo has had a #1 before (diez, Oct 2010)Xin: so you're saying it's only *not* land trading if you try to evade the hit by retal running? or bottomfeeding? Even when people attempt to retal run they can usually be retalled...

Yes. You got it.

If they attempt to run the retal, then this is additional costs on the attacker, I call this WR-feeding (Will-Retal feeding) or more commonly called midfeeding. In fact midfeeding is very close to bottomfeeding since your attempt to outrun the retal simply means are trying to outgrow the target as is the case for bottomfeeding (the distinct difference being that bottomfeeding usually refers to hitting untags, while midfeeding usually refers to clans that Will-Retal).

This is distinctly different from land trading, and the country setup (both military and economically) are different:

A landtrader typically has high BPT count (a lot higher than 100), and a high jet count and low turrets, partly to encourage being grabbed.

A midfeeder usually has a high turret count (to outrun retals) and a low jet count (which are attacking the low defense guys in some weak clan) and typically has not more than 100 BPT.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jan 8th 2013, 5:28:22
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 6:39:45

Archaic, I am pretty sure he was running on 50k tanks... that's not a risk of being a land trader :P That's just plain stupid.

And I have seen many rank 1's who did not get land or anything for free or had good FR deals. They were all techers though.

Spoonman Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 7:08:34

Someone will do a Rival on Evo on the last week of the set...

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 8th 2013, 7:22:30

abs is a risk of landtrading due to higher cost to defence and losses and inflating nw

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 7:38:37

THERE ARE ENTIRELY TOO MANY UNWRITTEN RULES IN THIS GAME THESE DAYS. "MIDFEEDERS" AND "RETAL-RUNNERS" AND "HOOBAFLINKS"...??? POPPYfluff!!! IN MY DAY, YOU HIT PEOPLE, AND SOMETIMES YOU GOT RETALED, AND YOU NEVER EVER HIT CERTAIN TAGS BECAUSE THEY WOULD UNLEASH AN ARMY OF OBVIOUS MULTIS ON YOU. WE KNEW THAT BOTTOMFEEDERS WERE SCUMBAGS, BUT PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T JOIN GDI WERE TAKING THEIR OWN RISKS. SOMETIMES GRABS LED TO WARS, WHICH PROVIDED AN EXCUSE TO GOOF OFF CO-WRITING WAR DECLARATIONS WITH [NAME REDACTED] INSTEAD OF PAYING ATTENTION IN CPTS 360.

OF COURSE THIS WAS ALL BEFORE SAM SHOWED ME THE WAY AND SET ME FIRMLY ON THE PATH OF VIOLENT PACIFISM! NOW IT IS ALL SO CLEAR TO ME, AND I LAUGH AT THE REST OF THE EARTH WORLD! HA!!! HA HA!!!

P.S. GHOST ACRES SUCK.

HA!
BILL DANGER
ANTAGONISM AMBASSADOR
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

KriSatZ Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 9:22:17

Whatever Xin says, I agree with.
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

anoniem Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 10:05:30

Originally posted by Spoonman:
Someone will do a Rival on Evo on the last week of the set...

lol
re(ally)tired

Murf Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 10:17:25

No idea

Drow Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 10:34:14

Xin: I'm not sure I completely agree with you there. you say that trying to outrun the retal costs the attacker more, but you miss the part where it is also costing YOU more as well. A reasonable grabber will have more jets than turrets, but more turrets than the average landtrader. you don't want to go over the top on turrets, but you want to discourage random grabs on yourself at the same time.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Vic Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 14:19:55

Drow are you challenging xin?
Did you win both alliance and primary last set?

...thought so ;)

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 14:39:08

Originally posted by Drow:
Xin: I'm not sure I completely agree with you there. you say that trying to outrun the retal costs the attacker more, but you miss the part where it is also costing YOU more as well. A reasonable grabber will have more jets than turrets, but more turrets than the average landtrader. you don't want to go over the top on turrets, but you want to discourage random grabs on yourself at the same time.

I'm talking in the context of attacking a clan that has decent-to-good retalling capabilities. Having 3m turrets isn't going to work in week 3 of the reset, you want to buy to 8m-10m turrets to have a good chance to bounce retals. At this stage, you only have 2m jets maybe, and you might have made 4 PSes that are 500k jets each on clans that are only able to retal with maybe 4m jets max at that time.

That's what outrunning a retal is, not your "I have 2m jets and 1.5m turrets and I'm outrunning retals on untagged", no that is called bottomfeeding, not midfeeding.

"A reasonable grabber will have more jets than turrets"

This isn't necessarily true. If you run such a country, you run the risk of being land-traded unwillingly.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jan 8th 2013, 14:41:24
See Original Post

wari Game profile

Jan 8th 2013, 16:07:15

Are we just trying to define strategies here, or are we trying to make the argument that playing one way is somehow more "honorable" or somehow more legitimate than the other?

Is landtrading frowned upon because it was a game change implemented by someone other than THE GREAT MEHUL PATEL himself? If so, that's stupid.

True, nearly every time changes are implemented in the game, they're a bit overpowered. Ghost acres/landtrading may have been, and then it was somewhat nerfed. You can still do it well with some effort.

Is landtrading frowned upon because it "takes no skill"? You're right. Bottomfeeding takes no skill either. Camping news waiting for DRs to wear off isn't a skill, it's a bad habit.

The theocracy gov't was no different. It was created, it was overpowered, and then gov't bonuses were tweaked to create a bit of an even playing field.

We saw last reset -- admittedly in a great reset for techers -- what the ceiling was for a smart techer, and what it was for a landtrading farmer/casher. The landtraders got smoked. A few top 10s from the smart ones, but in the end there was no competition for top spots.

This reset, dirty landtraders might dominate the top 10, but probably only because the smart techers were warring. It is what it is.