Verified:

locket Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 2:02:28

Originally posted by Helmet:
For some of us these forums are the cancer, but I can certainly understand why some would say the game politics are cancer. In a lot of instances though I'd blame the poor results in game to poor leadership or leadership decisions. Either way I think you'll find that leaving a game that brings you no joy is quite refreshing. I enjoyed my long break from the game and I have enjoyed it much more now while having a healthy detachment.

It has been the politics that drove anything that ever happened on the forum that was serious. The politics are a joke. Almost as bad as the ones in the USA.

Helmet Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 2:17:10

I laugh at these forums, but I guess some people take them serious. *shrugs*

locket Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 2:19:45

By serious I simply meant any of the big flame threads that occur which are always between two political rivals. But you can sound uppity and better than the rest if you wish.

de1i Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 2:28:57

Othello sucks.

BigRedDog

Dec 21st 2012, 2:33:19

you know what causes people to quit? ive been gone for approximately five years (had a couple times i came back for a very brief moment) and came back now and its almost already driving me away...ITS THE SAME OLD BS POLITICS THAT HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS!

Obviously its not the exact same clans or even people, but its the same fights, same trolling, same bs that drove people away in the first place, i come back every few months and its the same arguments, the game itself has changed since earth:2025 yes, but its the same old bs that led to it's demise being brought over here..solution? I have no idea, but seriously this place is literally "history repeating itself"

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Dec 21st 2012, 5:06:40

Ive posted this before, but it still applies...

The METHOD in which the players and leaders play this game has been stagnant long before EE existed. The game is lacking unpredictability, which RD and co provided before Jolt promptly shut them down. They actually added a level of uncertainty and were free to flip things upside down to force alliances to create new relations. They also created a strong hatred and sense of playing the game to beat the odds to kill them or outsmart or out net them. Another slightly legit alliance, IX, did the same. They flipped sides often, changing the leverage of power of either side. When they broke up, IMO, is the last Earth saw of unpredictability. Now a days, many more alliances need to switch sides(or stop having the Switzerland mind approach) to create this past effect. Only alliance left that comes to mind that does this currently is IMAG. I used to hate them, but over the couple of years they have grown on me for being as they are in this current game. They do not rely on bigger alliances, and do not fear doing as they please. I really wish they had more members than what they have. The sad thing is, that neither SOF or LAF are willing to flip, or "betray" or step on each other. What I have seen is that many more people just want to net, and not interact with other countries because of the lack of NEW reasons to kill clans. This is just my opinions, and what i listed were my past reasons of playing earth before feeling obligated to continue playing to keep my alliance alive even when this game stopped being fun long before EE existed.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

anitasanchez

Dec 21st 2012, 5:51:41

i recommend solitaire. no fluffs in that game :D

NewHorizon Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 6:02:36

I think I have to agree with BRD, I have been gone for years and I hardly see anything that has changed :)

Kumander Otbol

Dec 21st 2012, 6:10:54

don't take this game seriously, you won't think of quitting. =)
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 16:59:53

my posts were deleted inquiring about slander, but the slanderous posts were allowed to stay?

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 21st 2012, 17:06:56

the war decs are long and boring now..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Ruthie

Dec 21st 2012, 17:10:59

Originally posted by Helmet:
For some of us these forums are the cancer, but I can certainly understand why some would say the game politics are cancer. In a lot of instances though I'd blame the poor results in game to poor leadership or leadership decisions. Either way I think you'll find that leaving a game that brings you no joy is quite refreshing. I enjoyed my long break from the game and I have enjoyed it much more now while having a healthy detachment.

+1

I havent left the game, but I now have a healthy detachment for it and enjoy it.

Although the same ole crap from the same ole alliances does get old after awhile.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 21st 2012, 17:15:33

yeah.. I was always like that. I wouldn't have been able to lead sof for as long as I did otherwise. never took things too seriously:P

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Ruthie

Dec 21st 2012, 17:30:46

Leaving Ragnarok was very liberating for me.

I miss the alliance but not all the bullfluff that leaders have to deal with.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 21st 2012, 17:31:37

when all else fails.. just spam people in all caps: now repeat after me:

JOIN THE fluffY ALLIANCE!

:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Son Goku Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 17:33:34

There's always going to be winners and losers, some people are driven by the desire to compete and win, others don't care and want to have fun. The people who are more competitive will always spend extra time/effort to make sure they win, the "casuals" won't. It's always been this way and always will be this way. Everyone can't win all the time. This isn't preschool, everyone doesn't get a trophy no matter how hard people complain. Those who spend the most time playing the game will more than likely become better at the game, who in turn will beat out the more casual players. Period. This is no different than real life.

gradeA

Dec 21st 2012, 18:46:22

Originally posted by Son Goku:
There's always going to be winners and losers, some people are driven by the desire to compete and win, others don't care and want to have fun. The people who are more competitive will always spend extra time/effort to make sure they win, the "casuals" won't. It's always been this way and always will be this way. Everyone can't win all the time. This isn't preschool, everyone doesn't get a trophy no matter how hard people complain. Those who spend the most time playing the game will more than likely become better at the game, who in turn will beat out the more casual players. Period. This is no different than real life.

What does any of that have to do with the thread?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2012, 19:00:17

Originally posted by gradeA:

What does any of that have to do with the thread?

ya... the point I'm trying to make is that it's not about competitiveness, it's about bringing a positive attitude to this server in general. there is no respect for one another and no trust left after years of trying to out-douche eachother. saying "we wanted it more" isn't a valid argument in this discussion; this is about structural problems in the community that keep getting worse instead of better.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

SolidSnake Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 19:06:26

Originally posted by anoniem:
Originally posted by archaic:
H4xor has been a bigger blight on the game than pretty much anybody that ever played

I couldn't agree more.
+9999999

Throw in Lord Tardnava, Hanschlong and TurdCrawler and you've got a real party.

I didnt make the list? its hard to describe how upset that makes me.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 21st 2012, 23:49:23

TAN has been more active since he "quit" than he ever was active.

Great example of PDM being ass backwards.

snawdog Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 1:57:58

Req...you liked PDM when you were there..Dun be a fluff.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 22nd 2012, 2:42:48

I <3 Bodyman!

Murf Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 2:43:23

Cya TAN

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Dec 22nd 2012, 6:05:06

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by Red X:
as a admin you should not be able to step in and say you two can not fight anymore, your place as a admin is coding really. If you want to make alliances have peace you need to run a alliance and say if you all keep fighting over stupid fluff I will kill you myself. Just my thoughts, but you could change the code to make the attacking alliance weaker i suppose.

broker a peace != "stop fighting or we'll delete you". trust between all parties seems to be lost and getting worse as time passes. we can probably help work out something... although I'm not sure what.

and it's not that we're looking for ideas on how to fix things; we're looking for the time to do it. oh and if we were just coders, that would be our title :p

You could try to work something out your right, and well maybe you are not just a coder, but I really feel a admin should not interfere with poltics unless they are a alliance leader of sorts if you understand where I am coming from. I want the game to grow and not loose players just as much as the next person.

its just we need to advertise etc as well...i.e. start a limited server and get money for adds ;)

blah im going to sleep
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Detmer Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 7:49:09

And some people "try" so hard they actually cheat...

tisya Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 8:29:44

Yeah Req, there's no reason to be mean :(
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

mdevol Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 8:35:42

i didnt like PDM when i was there, they tried to net....
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Zues The Greek Game profile

Dec 24th 2012, 13:15:16

Nothings changed much, people will be nasty to one another, even in a freaking game!...

That is why I barely come here anymore...

Good luck to all parties, because there really is something better out there!...

Acheron Game profile

Dec 24th 2012, 23:36:00

*facepalm*

qcgoofball Game profile

Dec 25th 2012, 2:47:37

tada