Verified:

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2012, 7:59:57

This is a clarification lesson for new players to this game who learned to play by the artificial rules of the alliance game.

1. There is no arbitrary time constraints for a retal. A player here can wait until the last day to retal a hit made by you if they so choose.

2. If you're FAT and spy weak and can't defend your tech, you cannot threaten that player with all the power of your alliance, because there IS NO ALLIANCE here. You'll have to manage on your own.

3. If a guy missiles you for a retal and some people will, you should just be a sport about it and move on as long as the player is reasonable in their response, for example...

You landgrab the little sucker, he does not have the military to do anything to you in return, but packed away in his warehouse is a crusty old Scud which he unleashes on you. You were, in fact, the initial aggressor, thus in thie game it is not up to you to determine what response you are willing to tolerate, thus, he missiles you one time in exchange for your one time attack on his land. So, you move on and everyone gets what they got and continues to play and have a good time.

If, however the guy sends a LOT of missiles for 1 grab, then you can feel quite confident that you are doing a good thing by farming the hell out of the target country.

On the other hand, say you had farmed the guy by hitting him three or more times, I would expect that you should have lots of spies and SDI on hand since that would be considered an act of war by most of the players I know, and that opens the door to unrestricted warfare operations. :)

Play reasonable, and you'll likely succeed here, play like you've got LaF in your back pocket and SoF in your fist and you'll likely have a bad time of it.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

xinwei Game profile

Dec 14th 2012, 10:25:17

blid

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2012, 13:14:11

LOL if you do any of those things you're a douchebag
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2012, 13:18:50

how about "if the guy you just missiled for a retal defuses all your other missiles and farms you, either fight back or be a sport about it and move on?"
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

blid

EE Patron

Dec 14th 2012, 13:20:08

Now that sounds reasonable.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

AmosMoses Game profile

Dec 14th 2012, 17:23:37

How about if you make a measly 120 acre grab and the guy retals with two countries and launches 7 missiles and failed military attacks against you.? I got the last laugh though as 3 weeks later their NW is around the same and I'm about 4 times their net. And yeah I didn't farm em' but I have grabbed him a couple times here and there. :)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 0:18:41

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
how about "if the guy you just missiled for a retal defuses all your other missiles and farms you, either fight back or be a sport about it and move on?"

I think you've got the big picture there Pilate. That could happen and would be something that the targeted country should deal with. I would not have that happen to me, I never use a missile for retals. It's a pointless waste of land that I could possibly get back later. Plus, someone would have to have a hell of a SPAL to be able to defuse my missiles.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 0:19:25

Originally posted by AmosMoses:
How about if you make a measly 120 acre grab and the guy retals with two countries and launches 7 missiles and failed military attacks against you.? I got the last laugh though as 3 weeks later their NW is around the same and I'm about 4 times their net. And yeah I didn't farm em' but I have grabbed him a couple times here and there. :)

That would be cheating on his part, he should be deleted with all his countries.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 0:57:44

Basically every player can make whatever rules they want and deal with consequences of whoever else's rules they made. I got a douche bag tech thieving on me right now, and my spal is rising and when he fails imma farm the absolute hell out of the dude.
The EEVIL Empire

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 1:10:44

LOL ^ please tell me who!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Chewi Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 1:11:31

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Basically every player can make whatever rules they want and deal with consequences of whoever else's rules they made. I got a douche bag tech thieving on me right now, and my spal is rising and when he fails imma farm the absolute hell out of the dude.

Assuming that no one else has hit you more than once this set you can just go down the country list trying to shoot a missile at everyone. Only the country that has been doing ops on you would let you make it to the confirmation screen.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 1:14:48

Yes ^ i will need to do so in xpress to find the perp that took cash from me lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

LATC Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 1:16:37

Someone took tech from me too so I double checked GDI rules.. apparantly anyone not on GDI can commit espionage on you - though most likely someone you hit did it to you.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Chewi Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 1:29:46

Stealing tech is treated the same as a grab. A person can do it to anyone else any number of times regardless of GDI.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 1:36:56

But I think it's different from a grab in that even if they only do it once, you can do hostile ops on them.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 1:38:47

They do 2 and voids GDI protection from you
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 1:46:03

stealing tech does void GDI for you.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 1:56:49

Need a strong intel ally Serp? LOL I have large numbers of spies on my tiny little country. They are pissed because they all have to stand on each others shoulders.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 3:32:07

Originally posted by Requiem:
stealing tech does void GDI for you.

Really... Well had I known I could respond with missiles.. Now I got something to look forward to at the end of the set! =D
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

oldman Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 3:35:05

yeah if you have people stealing tech from you everyday and you do not know who, you can spend 15 minutes and try to AB every single one in the game. If you're in GDI and have not doubled tapped, the person whom the system allows you to AB is the one stealing your tech.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 5:24:27

Originally posted by oldman:
yeah if you have people stealing tech from you everyday and you do not know who, you can spend 15 minutes and try to AB every single one in the game. If you're in GDI and have not doubled tapped, the person whom the system allows you to AB is the one stealing your tech.

But to save time, always check all the dictators first.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 5:57:34

Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by oldman:

But to save time, always check all the dictators first.

Then the people you grabbed :-)
(•_•)

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 6:11:06

Oh I know who my target is.. I land grabbed him once and he sent over 20 steal tech ops as a retal. Almost half failed, but he still took a decent amount. He isn't in GDI anyway, but I figured he was protected against my harmful attacks because I am in GDI. If I understood whats being said here though, I get to launch my missiles at him before jumping out of his range on destock.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 7:36:41

Yes ^ Pew Pew Pew!
(•_•)

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 7:37:05

Harmful spy ops counts as a harmful attack exactly like how a SS or PS counts like a harmful attack.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 9:02:37

Are you sure? I don't think that's right. In fact I know that in a previous round two Express countries had a planned war and reported they broke GDI on each other by doing a single harmful spy op on one another.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 15th 2012, 9:09:17

Maybe harmful ops count as 2 attacks? I don't care enough to test this.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 15th 2012, 9:58:34

I believe they count as a nuke/AB/etc., with the difference that you're always allowed to do them, GDI or not.