Verified:

LATC Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 16:41:19

So as a rep casher, does anyone ever take a maintenance day where they just cash and get everything up to par, like tech levels, jets, etc.? Or is the goal to just get as much land as fast as you can and then buy techs at the end of the day? Cuz I find I don't have cash to buy military and techs after a day of grabbing..
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Rockman Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 16:56:16

If you don't have the cash to buy military of techs after a day of grabbing, you probably started the day with way too little tech.

If you start the day with proper techs, then you should have the cash at the end of the day to maintain or increase those tech levels, and buy more military.

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 16:59:17

In other words, have a maintenance day to top up tech levels?
The EEVIL Empire

LATC Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 17:02:33

Gotcha thanks Rockman.

Serp - Yeah mostly, but I also noticed I was falling further and further behind the commies, so I was wondering if I should just use a day to boost NW to stay within range.

The Cloaked Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 17:09:51

If you boost your NW via military today then tomorrow you'll have the double issue of having techs too low and paying disproportionate expenses vs your income.

Edited By: The Cloaked on Nov 27th 2012, 17:33:28. Reason: I'm a noob
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Nov 27th 2012, 17:15:56

Don't do a maintenance day, you'll fall behind. Instead just stop buying defense for awhile and put the savings into tech...
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 17:17:53

I don't like playing Rep Casher, but Dict Casher is my favorite strategy.

Early in the set, I tend to stay between 160 and 165% bus/res techs. Later in the set, I tend to stay between 165% and 170%. If you maintain these tech levels, and have clean land usage, you shouldn't need to take a "maintenance day".

LATC Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 17:36:21

Originally posted by blid:
Don't do a maintenance day, you'll fall behind. Instead just stop buying defense for awhile and put the savings into tech...

I was thinking that blid, I noticed a lot of the top players don't actually have that much D. Is that the right way to play it? If you're in top 40, maintain tech levels and be more jet heavy or at least 1:1 jet:turrets?

Rockman Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 17:38:04

Originally posted by LATC:

I was thinking that blid, I noticed a lot of the top players don't actually have that much D. Is that the right way to play it? If you're in top 40, maintain tech levels and be more jet heavy or at least 1:1 jet:turrets?

Your jet to turret ratio should depend on how landfat you are compared to those around you. If you're landfat, go turret heavy to slow your growth and deter topfeeders from hitting you. If you're landthin, go jet heavy to speed up your growth and take advantage of the decreased risk of being topfed.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 27th 2012, 17:51:35

Originally posted by LATC:

Most of the time if you're close enough to the top people won't mess with you, because they know you can retal and it's usually less efficient to trade land than to grab clean. Oftentimes they don't even spy you. But it's risky.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 19:02:33

As an indy I wouldn't attack you at this point if you were in the top 50. In about a week I'd start running out of good targets though and start doing good grabs maybe in that range. Not if you're capable of Retal though. Top feeders will probably look at you though for easy land.
The EEVIL Empire

LATC Game profile

Dec 14th 2012, 16:41:25

So. How/when should I stock/destock?

AmosMoses Game profile

Dec 14th 2012, 17:14:56

As a casher I usually grab once, build, buy tech, cash the rest. You should have money left-over.

lqx1986 Game profile

Feb 6th 2013, 2:22:54

yup