Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 19:33:26

And do some self-farming next reset. Never done it in all the time I've played this game. Figure I should try it just once.

I suppose it's like kissing your sister, but then, I'm from West Virginia where "sister kissing" has an entirely different meaning.

rrlfan21 Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 19:34:57

lol

Pain Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 19:39:04

i tried it this set. it works rather well and i just used all explore farms.
Your mother is a nice woman

Havoc Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 19:42:19

rrlfan21? yikes
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

ICe Man

Jul 2nd 2010, 19:43:22

I heard I'm a pretty good teacher at self-farming... hrmm :)
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Pain Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 19:48:55

whats there to teach.
Your mother is a nice woman

Dragon Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 19:58:45

Here's the deal. On a server with 30,000 countries, I might be able to farm (mid and bottom feed) my way to 100K acres, and given such an abundance of land, I wouldn't ever consider self-farming.

On a server with 3000 countries and especially 75% of those countries being in legit tags, the playing field is way different. The dynamic here is much different than in the past.

We have admins actively pursuing multi's. Which in the past were a super source of acres. And don't get me wrong. I like the idea of hammering the cheaters. It's a better game as a result.

I KNOW I can play the game. I KNOW that I'm almost"back up to speed" and if you eliminate those who are self farming, I think my personal NW is near the top of the pile of those who don't self-farm.

However, I think I want to be at the top of the other pile. Neither me nor ESD has anything to prove in terms of ability. You guys who were around in the day know how I was about self-farming and what ESD did as a group without self farming.

This isn't 2004 when I left the game. Back then, it was easy to demand that my players put in the honest effort to have big land and be able to balance that with not getting themselves or their clan killed.

Any of you guys who are practiced at self-farming and want to be in ESD or even just give me a few pointers are more than welcome to join in.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 20:02:43

Originally posted by Pain:
whats there to teach.

I think there's a lot to teach, actually. It's not always just as simple as running a bunch of low defense, land fat countries that you can farm because you have great tag protection.

Although, certainly that's the case in clans with big number advantages in terms of land farms not being hit by other players.

ICe Man

Jul 2nd 2010, 20:24:01

There is a RIGHT way and a WRONG way.

If your landfarm can't yield 25m nw and your tops break 300m+++ than you're not doing it RIGHT.

You also want to maximize returns and attacks. Self-farming for 100 acres a hit is nothing, self-farming for 5k+ acres a hit IS something.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 20:26:07

Well, since you're joining ESD next set, I expect a lot of instruction.

ICe Man

Jul 2nd 2010, 20:31:40

I'll be a gosu teacher? lah

ICe Man

Jul 2nd 2010, 20:34:22

hop on webchat

Dragon Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 20:40:55

Honestly, I'd rather see every player just do all-ex or normal grabs against other players and prove their smarts and abilities by doing what they can with what they have, but the reality is that things don't work that way and never will.

I'm not about to call anyone out by name, but the truth of the matter is that a lot of guys self farm because they have little to no faith in their ability in a "straight-up" environment.

Or because being at the top is so important to them that they'll do anything to be there.

None of that really matters, though. While I would LOVE to see all the "top netgainers" take ONE reset and not self-farm and actually measure their abilities against everyone else on a level playing field, that's not gonna happen.

So if you won't come to my House because you're unable or afraid to, I guess I gotta come to yours. :)

Dragon Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 20:46:09

Get on webchat? Why? Every time I do, you're not there!

Iknow 3 things about you now.

Your name is Lucy.

You own a football.

I'm Charlie Brown.

ICe Man

Jul 2nd 2010, 21:08:44

I'am now ? :)

Route81 Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 23:27:19

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much explaining again.
lol@Dragon
ex-
MPE 1-MPExTC-NETxINC-WARxINC-MPE 2-PHOENIX-MPE 3-MPE/1A-xABCx-FoCuS-R81

and don't contact me... for anything. :P

Dragon Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 23:53:41

Behave, Route. Don't make me explain why I'm explaining. ;)

QM Diver Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 3:56:55

I heard self farming leaves stains that may never come out, and possibly a speech impediment..

*implores you to reconsider the tractor option, the fields are cluttered with miles of trenches... and sand bags.... tanks and... troops...!
Dun wanna get yer tractor high sided on a tree stump...
There were trees too. To them, many could cling.

*melts the ICe Man* :P
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Thunder Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 9:12:41

thats not the only stains you have
Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

General TwizTid

Jul 3rd 2010, 10:51:32

Better than your crustys!
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2010, 10:57:56

theres 3 sources of created land with self farming

building ghost acres
networth ghost acres
explore acres

you can use just 1 or a combo or all three, it doesnt make it better or worse

as to how much net the farms should have it depends how you run them, obviously if you are using them to explore they should stay smaller for more of the set

and if your are running oiler or stocking oil/food you can protect a lot more of their income

fewer big hits a day also means less income transfer

General TwizTid

Jul 3rd 2010, 11:09:39

Self farming is evil. Nuff said.
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!