Verified:

Thomas Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 2:44:58

It used to be that you received 25% of each individual defensive ally's defensive power. The combined total could not double your defensive power. Therefore, only each ally could contribute a maximum of 50% of your own defensive strength.

Has this changed so that the combined defensive assistance is no greater than 100%?

i.e. If Ally 1 can contribute only 20% and Ally 2 can contribute 75%, do they both offer maximum assistance? Or is it still no greater than 50% of your defensive strength from a single ally?

I ran into some funny scenarios running land-grabbing calculations last set that couldn't be explained by anything other than both Allies combining to offer up to 100% assistance. I know it never used to be that way, but wasn't sure if there was an announced or unannounced change on this.

afaik Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 9:04:26

g'day thomas,

i understand your last paragraph to be correct. there's no '50% per ally' limitation that i know of currently. the rest makes sense though. it's always been this way in EE certainly (perhaps why no announcement of a change?)

Marshal Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 11:01:33

25% of each ally's def but if you have 1m turrets and allies have 5m turrets you won't get 25% then since allies can't more than double your def.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Thomas Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 18:24:02

I will have to search for the log from qzjul that stated each ally will assist 25% of their defense, and that no ally can contribute more than 50% of your defensive strength. So if you have 1 ally with low defense, and 1 ally with great defense, they cannot combine to offer 100% assistance, it would be a cap of 50% from each.

So if I have 1M Defense. Ally 1 has 1M. Ally 2 has 3M. I would receive 250K from Ally 1. 750K from Ally 2. For a combined 100% of my defensive strength?

I was told by qz that you received 25% from each ally and each ally could contribute no more than 50% of your defensive strength.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 16th 2012, 19:41:05

Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

h2orich Game profile

Oct 17th 2012, 9:28:14

That is not right.

If you have 1M Defense. Ally 1 has 4M defence. You will receive 1M defence from Ally 1.

The only cap on how much an Ally can you help you to defend is that your defence can only be doubled at the most, in this case. 1M