Verified:

locket Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 4:11:00

That was the most blatant blown set of calls I have ever seen. Three blown calls to give the Hawks the win.

http://i.imgur.com/hOrH7.jpg

Not that that is needed but yah.. picture evidence.. how was it not reversed?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 25th 2012, 4:19:23

ya, i saw that jennings had the ball with my naked eye and thought "touchback... game over!". that rule about not reviewing who caught the ball overrides the rule that every scoring play is reviewed? wtf? can't you challenge that the player caught the ball aka that it was an interception?? and it was with 0 time left, so reviews come from upstairs anyway :-|

what a sham of a game. i feel the patriots got robbed too on some blown calls (2 called on the pats, 1 missed on the ravens) on the ravens touchdown drive. but there were so many mistakes all game, those were just a few that happened on an important drive :p

the sad thing is, the more they get bashed, the more the pressure gets put on the refs, the more they are breaking. so it's unlikely to get better until there is either proper training or the old refs are back.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 4:22:29

Exactly... chances of 1st in conference just went way down now.. this could have huge implications... For the Pats too although at least those were not as blatantly bad.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 4:22:38

FROM THAT PICTURE, IT'S PRETTY CLEAR THAT THE PACKERS PLAYER WAS CHEATING. HE IS OBVIOUSLY USING PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS. IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY ENOUGH, YOU CAN SEE THE TRAINER'S HAND, AS HE RUNS IN TO ADMINISTER ANOTHER INJECTION.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 25th 2012, 4:23:49

lol nfl ref replacements.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

hellfish Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 4:29:29

i dislike the packers but i gotta admit they didnt deserve to lose like that.

postman Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 4:50:21

the shove to the defender was enough let alone the ball was on the packers chest.

and i am a vikings fan

hawkeyee Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 5:06:38

And the PI on Shields earlier when it was clearly OPI on Rice. Would've been about 40 yard swing. 1st and 38 vs 1st and 10 in the red zone. And then the roughing the passer to take away an INT. Rule says you can't hit QB low in the pocket. Wilson was almost at the sidelines. At that point he's a runner. It was a clean hit. This is just a debacle.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

yank Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 5:58:51

Being a lifelong Bears fan, I hold no love for the Packers and normally root against them (Dallas, too). However, the owners need to wake-up and give these replacement refs the boot. I have NEVER seen a call like that made and I've played, coached and now watch the games.

The owners will not give in, since they know that they have a product that people will watch irregardless of the complete incompetency of current officiating. The product we are being given is terrible and getting worse. I wouldn't shell out my money to watch any team be blatantly robbed week after week. Coaches, players and fans are all being cheated of watching/playing NFL football at its best.

locket Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 6:47:19

Funny and truthful comment on TSN I saw.

"Russel Wilson first QB in NFL history to throw a game winning Interception."

ColoOutlaw

Sep 25th 2012, 7:41:06

I can't complain. In my fantasy league I had 107.3 points with no players left and my opponent had 106.9 with the Packers D and 2 minutes left in the game. If they call it a pick, I would have lost but if if they call it a TD, I win :)

Pain Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 8:26:29

how do you fluff up that call? seriously thats ridiculous.
Your mother is a nice woman

Rednose Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 12:18:47

what a disgrace! we really need those refs back.
We saw about 20-40 botched calls every week for the last 3 weeks, that's just too much. And often the situations are just to obvious to be that wrong

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 12:27:05

Ahhh, it's nice being happy, not having to worry about sports...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Belgarath Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 12:32:29

Yup

archaic Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 13:58:03

The sad part is that all of the refs combined wont make much more than Drew Breeze even if they get everything they want. The NFL is just continuing their rather prickish power trip.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

EVO|Rasp

Sep 25th 2012, 14:22:25

de1i Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 14:32:45

We left the game after the Packers stopped the Seahawks on 4th down thinking it was over. Quite a while later while walking to the car we find out it is not quite over and stop in front of a bar to watch the last play on a TV through a window. I didn't watch the last play and I am kinda glad I didn't (I'm a Packers fan) =(

Trife Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 16:04:19

it's not like the regular refs were perfect either..

i for one like these replacement refs.. adds an element of suprise to the game. i'm also for nascar putting obstacles on their tracks a la mario kart.

EVO|Rasp

Sep 25th 2012, 16:05:55

banana!

Trife Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 16:11:08

blue shell could be a javelin missile or something

nascar could use the excitement

Rednose Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 17:49:53

Originally posted by Trife:

i for one like these replacement refs.. adds an element of suprise to the game. i'm also for nascar putting obstacles on their tracks a la mario kart.

not sure if you're joking with the first part of that, too.

I love to fluff about refs getting the wrong call like any other guy, but with the real refs, we usually had around 5-10 wrong calls on a weekend and not ~30.
I can think of a few pretty grave missed calls this weekend:
-on that one play, they got the posession wrong and missed OPI
-shortly before they called PI on a Sidney Rice facemask on the defender
-Min-SF game: 49ers were allowed to challenge without timeouts left
-Pit-Oak: the hit on DHB went unpunished

and these are just the 4 instances that I can think of

AzNiZe Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 17:55:51

If you think NFL is a real sport, you're dumb

NFL is a fluffing business for christ's sake...obviously more money are being bet on GREENBAY last night which is why they gave SEATTLE the touchdown.

i'm a bookie, 95% of my bettors placed their hard earned money on GREENBAY last night.

don't blame the refs, blame vegas

Edited By: AzNiZe on Sep 25th 2012, 18:04:56
See Original Post

locket Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 20:54:46

Originally posted by Rednose:
Originally posted by Trife:

not sure if you're joking with the first part of that, too.

I love to fluff about refs getting the wrong call like any other guy, but with the real refs, we usually had around 5-10 wrong calls on a weekend and not ~30.
I can think of a few pretty grave missed calls this weekend:
-on that one play, they got the posession wrong and missed OPI
-shortly before they called PI on a Sidney Rice facemask on the defender
-Min-SF game: 49ers were allowed to challenge without timeouts left
-Pit-Oak: the hit on DHB went unpunished

and these are just the 4 instances that I can think of

I think the biggest issue with these awful refs is that they don't understand some of the rules that even I understand. The timeout guy in San Fran who said he didn't understand the rules after the game? You kidding me? He must not have ever watched the NFL.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 21:09:11

Yeah it's been even worse than I anticipated coming into the regular season with the replacement refs .. something needs to be done. If my team gets screwed over by one of these calls I dunno if I'll continue watching (I will continue watching actually, and the NFL knows that)
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Pain Game profile

Sep 25th 2012, 22:03:34

lol how can you be a referee for a sport and say "well i didnt understand the rules". your ONLY job is to know the rules and enforce them.
Your mother is a nice woman

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2012, 0:20:27

I think it's safe to say we need our real refs back...

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 26th 2012, 0:39:30

Frodo Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 1:17:08

Originally posted by AzNiZe:
If you think NFL is a real sport, you're dumb

NFL is a fluffing business for christ's sake...obviously more money are being bet on GREENBAY last night which is why they gave SEATTLE the touchdown.

i'm a bookie, 95% of my bettors placed their hard earned money on GREENBAY last night.

don't blame the refs, blame vegas

your a bookie? whats that like?

But not really buying your argument.... thats a pretty serious allegation which goes way beyond the refs. Besides if it were true it would have to be true for previous years... haven't even heard a rumor of the NFL trying to mess the point spreads.

Frodo Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 1:18:39

Besides why would the NFL need to worry about point spreads? They make Billions of dollars a year legitimately.

Lobo Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 2:04:51

stop fluffing, I did my best... I just do it cuzz I look good in the uniform.... :P
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

AzNiZe Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 4:01:29

Frodo, If nfl is not rigged, there wouldn't be any point spreads..where do you think those spreads come from? yes, Vegas

If you watch/bet on nfl enough, you would know most games (point spreads) are determined by the last play.

For example, last night point spread was Packers by 3, under/over 45.5, and packers were leading by 5 points at the last second..

Most bettors were betting heavy money on the packers, which is why they didn't call the offensive pass interference on the last play. All those refs are being paid by vegas to call whatever the hell vegas wants.

AzNiZe Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 4:07:10

all that getting rid of old refs and replacing new refs is just bullfluffs that they wanna mess with people's mind.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 17:51:46

I like a good conspiracy theory now and then but I don't believe that any NFL games are rigged. NBA is a different story
Wiggity

msn -

AzNiZe Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 18:10:53

Heheh I understand most people don't believe in it

Trixx Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 19:07:19

this thread also has merit if you change the NFL in the title to NHL
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 19:22:51

If there was an MLB lockout would anyone complain?
Wiggity

msn -

locket Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 19:31:03

MLB NEEDS a lockout to fix things like parity and salary cap. NBA also NEEDS a lockout to fix its issues. NHL and NFL don't need lockouts to fix issues. They just need to agree and act like adults who aren't greedy.

Trixx Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 20:08:26

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:

you forgot how much fluffing went on when the strike happened?
-=Trixx=-
Head of AT Spammage

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 26th 2012, 20:21:36

Originally posted by Trixx:
Originally posted by Bigwiggle:

you forgot how much fluffing went on when the strike happened?

The only time I watch baseball is the playoffs until the yankees are eliminated.. then I consider the year a success. It's tough to get into the 2500 regular season games. So no I didn't pay attention last time
Wiggity

msn -

Frodo Game profile

Sep 27th 2012, 23:28:43

Originally posted by AzNiZe:
Frodo, If nfl is not rigged, there wouldn't be any point spreads..where do you think those spreads come from? yes, Vegas

If you watch/bet on nfl enough, you would know most games (point spreads) are determined by the last play.

For example, last night point spread was Packers by 3, under/over 45.5, and packers were leading by 5 points at the last second..
Most bettors were betting heavy money on the packers, which is why they didn't call the offensive pass interference on the last play. All those refs are being paid by vegas to call whatever the hell vegas wants.

still not buying it... I do watch enough football(dont bet though) and I do understand that a lot of games come down to the last play... by the losing team.

Ok so following your logic then all sports are rigged?

Besides in todays media i think something would have come out about refs being paid off. I agree with Wiggle, this is just a conspiracy theory, this was just the perfect storm of bad calls in one game, not a trend in the sport.

Also they didnt get rid of the old refs... they refs didnt agree to the terms for their CBA and decided to lock out.

Frodo Game profile

Sep 27th 2012, 23:31:12

also do you have some sort of inside info? Do you work in Vegas? If you do and are I might watch myself before blabbing about what would have to be a multi multi million dollar operation. Uncle Sal might not have not like you giving away their secret. haha

I kid because i dont believe you ;)

but seriously i would watch out.... :D