Verified:

Xintros Game profile

Mar 14th 2012, 8:50:52

If it is not going to be closed down and possible (I haven't read these boards so it may have been suggested already).
To keep wars fair.-
The creator of the Team is the only country that would be able to declare "official" War on another Team. No other Team can hit Teams At War in any form or fashion. Just as you cannot get FA from another Team. These teams would be locked in battle for the reset 5 vs 5, or until a CF has been declared.
This would make you pick your Teams more carefully and prevent the crap that is going on in the server now.
Since players on the Team server are to immature to conduct themselves in a civil fashion, have the game force them.

Prevent Cross Retals. -
I don't know how this could be done?
The only thing that comes to mind is some type of police. Players can volunteer to be Police Teams. If there is a "Cross Retal" they bust in like SWAT and kill off the offender. Or admin delete the country.
I have no idea how the game is coded, so I am going to just to start Throwing some fluff at the wall to see if anything sticks.
Someone from Team "A" LG's a country in Team "B".
Team B must retal Team A's grab, so no other Team is able to attack the country in Team "A" for the standard 72 hour period except a country in Team "B".
Team "A's" country performs multiple grabs on multiple Teams, "C" and "D" as well. (*starts getting a headache). The same applies.
So we have a group of people playing in various tags whom want to dominate the server and they have multiple tags "E", "F" and "G", so they all LG a country or countries in Team "H". ...
fluff it I will have to come back to this, just received an emergency call I need to deal with.
FEEDBACK!?
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 14th 2012, 13:53:42

Abusable.

Team A declares war on Team B which is 1/10 their size. A proceeds to farm and cripple B (See LaF vs MD war on Alliance for an example), and because A will not CF with B, A has exclusive farming rights on B, and no other team can interact with A or B "in any form or fashion". A will now proceed to farm B to victory.

And B will quit the game.

Mapleson Game profile

Mar 17th 2012, 2:12:52

To reduce abuse of team-on-team declare war, you/they could build in some parameters. I don't like the no hit team A/B rule as you could abuse this for full tag protection of a ten-man clan.

1) Start everyone in GDI, like Express.
2) A country/team may only be declared on by 1 team.
3) While at war, you may only attack the country/team you are at war with.
4) You can only declare war on a team 50%-200% your team NW.
5) If the NW of team B falls below 10% of team A, war ends in A victory.

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 17th 2012, 4:33:47

So Mapleson's suggestion is essentially a team-level version of GDI, with a "winning condition", and additional attacking restrictions.

ViLSE Game profile

Apr 13th 2012, 10:06:39

I'll bump this thread up a bit. As I used to quite like playing on the Team Server.

DBD played there for some 2.5 years, we were a friendly group with lots of players, we have all left the server since it is totally impossible to playin its current shape.

Fix it and we will come back, dont fix it and we will stay gone.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Apr 16th 2012, 16:22:25

Based on this and other peoples comments there is something on the drawing board for team server but the next focus will probably be to address the DR issues in express and primary.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

blid

EE Patron

Apr 16th 2012, 18:39:54

hm, Primary has a DR issue?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 16th 2012, 19:05:22

Primary not so much, because DR of 24 hours is only 1/60th of a reset. To repeatedly GS someone into DR over a whole reset is difficult.

But in Express, DR of 24 hours is whopping 1/5 of a reset.

ViLSE Game profile

Apr 26th 2012, 10:53:41

Thanks martian, its nice to know that there is at least something on the drawing board. I am really quite annoyed that I am not able to play on a server that we peacefully played on for such a long period of time and all because some people decided it was fun to be total douches on the whole server.

I of course realise that you have other important things to do first and thats fine by me, just as long as something gets done about this server eventually. :-)

blid

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2012, 15:05:11

Yeah, I comment every single time someone posts a thread on team server in here. I support any and all change :)
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.