Verified:

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 10:21:46

Not that i can say i did anything to help cos well..netting isnt my game. but i think the fact that its near the end of the set and we have 5 of the top 10, including the top 2 (at this stage) sitting on a combined total of just 107,421 acres. goes to show, you dont need to self farm to be successful :-) and im glad we have the players and talent to prove it. those who think we only fight and can't net..i hope you are taking note :-)

we may have lost the self farming "war". but i am proud of what our guys can achieve given we do not practise the art of self farming that should in theory give you an advantage.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.
MSN:

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 25th 2012, 11:51:21

how many of them were techers?
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

NightShade

Mar 25th 2012, 12:05:19

RIU... I remember a set back in the day... where NBKxTC tagged NBNxTC (Natural Born Netters), and made quite a showing of their netgaining skills then too.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

Dragon Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 13:17:32

YOu guys are rockin' it.

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 14:33:49

Originally posted by NightShade:
RIU... I remember a set back in the day... where NBKxTC tagged NBNxTC (Natural Born Netters), and made quite a showing of their netgaining skills then too.

probably trhe only time we tagged anything but NBK..except for when we tagged SHIELD...but that has all been wiped from memory LOL ;-)
MSN:

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 14:34:22

Originally posted by Dragon:
YOu guys are rockin' it.

thanks bud :-) I think so. i think we have achieved more than what most would give us credit for.
MSN:

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 14:34:55

Originally posted by Warster:
how many of them were techers?

as far as i know...not that many techers. why?..does that make a difference?
MSN:

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 14:42:45

like i said Warster...i have no idea. personally i prefer running cahsers and farmers cos i cant be bothered trying to get rid on my millions of tech points every day lol
MSN:

Dizology Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 14:47:00

3 of them were *not* techers, the other 2, I have no idea what they were.

Havoc Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 15:45:32

How is FA different than self-farming?:p
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 15:51:40

Originally posted by Havoc:

not a lot different...but self farming + FA is different from just FA :-)
MSN:

Popcom Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:02:39

easy.
when you FA, you are transferring NW from 1 country to another.
when you self farm, you are creating extra NW.

FA doesn't give you ghost $/bushels. self farming gives you a TON of ghost acres. you are creating extra NW on each hit by using LG outside of there original intended purpose.
that's how its difforent.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Angryjesus Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:04:31

Originally posted by Popcom:

easy.
when you FA, you are transferring NW from 1 country to another.
when you self farm, you are creating extra NW.

FA doesn't give you ghost $/bushels. self farming gives you a TON of ghost acres. you are creating extra NW on each hit by using LG outside of there original intended purpose.
that's how its difforent.

So because its a crappier method of transferring NW its okay?

Also isn't using FA to boost one countries NW outside of its original intended purpose?

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:08:22

regardless of this debate about FA vs self farming...

my point of this topic stands. NBK has done a great job...considering everyone else has the same if not more resources/tactics at their disposal with the inclusion of self farming. you cannot deny that.
MSN:

Popcom Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:11:38

whats the t10, t20, t100 cut off expectations i wonder...

1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Angryjesus Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:19:15

Originally posted by Rip It Up:
regardless of this debate about FA vs self farming...

my point of this topic stands. NBK has done a great job...considering everyone else has the same if not more resources/tactics at their disposal with the inclusion of self farming. you cannot deny that.

Yes, nbk has done a very good job. I didn't mean to distract from that. Also I blame k4f's grabs for fluffing up the military market for some of my jumps.

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:29:06

im sure if we could all emulate K4F's strategies we would lol. me personally i am not that talented :-P but ill stl=ill kill plenty of fluff lol
MSN:

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:29:32

im sure if we could all emulate K4F's strategies we would lol. me personally i am not that talented :-P but ill still kill plenty of fluff lol
MSN:

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:30:09

bah..im dri=unk and i pressed quote instead of edit...hahaha :-P
MSN:

Rip It Up Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:30:46

and i just made the exact same spelling mistake...fluff me.
MSN:

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:46:20

top 10 at this poitnmeans you destocked early :p
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

BudsMyBud Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 16:59:16

I always knew you guys could do it :)

*hands over the special green m&m's with the little tress on them*

Great job NBK :)
BMB
XI Sumfin or other

mdevol Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 17:02:44

still a week left...that being said, nice work thus far...
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Havoc Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 17:09:47

Yeah not a bad job at all guys:) Just pointing out it's a little silly when you rip on self-farming and then brag about FA chains;)
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

gambit Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 17:29:42

we do NOT mention SHIELD ever... EVER!

*spanks riu*
Natural Born Killer

nico Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 17:41:45

Yeah not a bad job at all guys:) Just pointing out it's a little silly when you rip on self-farming and then brag about FA chains;)

thats true. i hope to break 200m nw average without FA/self-farming. all set i felt Kill4frees countries were my main opponent in terms of final networth even if he didnt know it. it'd be nice if he could share with me so i know how well. i normally don't farm untags so much but there wasn't much choice since its my first set in a non-solo tag and they pacted everyone. if i get to net next set i am aiming for 300m.

and i understand he lost some so if he wants to just include the ones who survived as the average it would be nice.

gambit Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 17:45:19

FA doesnt raise your avg net, just the net of one country

not sure if k4f has started to jump yet, i know he already had more net than most our members during the bulk of the set and he has more land so he can afford to wait longer with a bigger private market to work with
Natural Born Killer

Popcom Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 18:45:03

200m anw without self farming is pretty damn impressive imo..
wish i could get more netting in to try and not suck so much haha
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 18:51:57

FAing a country is lame. Pumping one cuotnry is lame, but very effective=P.

And K4Fs coutrnis didnt sound too impresssive from what he told me but maybe he will pull something special out :P

Popcom Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 18:55:24

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:

And K4Fs coutrnis didnt sound too impresssive from what he told me but maybe he will pull something special out :P

i just can not understand how FA is lame, but self farming isn't. and not 1 person can say how its the same, but everyone does...
how is a x-fer of NW horrible. but an unintended exploit of code to boost NW isn't?

also, im fairly sure K4F had some of, if the not the toughest countries on the server for most of the set :P
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

gambit Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 18:58:26

ketchup loves the penis

i dont trust any of his opinions
Natural Born Killer

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 19:02:04

Originally posted by Popcom:
Originally posted by KeTcHuP:

how is a x-fer of NW horrible. but an unintended exploit of code to boost NW isn't?

Ya k4f had some tough coutnries, btu not great netting coutnries. KWA for ANW! :P

And its not horrible, its lame. Market transfers and FA transfers are lame in my opinion, because pumping one country is a waste of resources and TNW>NW of one country.

And there is no unintended exploit of a code to boost NW. There is use of a planned code to develope the strongest strategy possible. Admins KNOW that ghost acres are there. They PLANNED it. When they removed it they purposly put it back in, to add the benefeit it gives to the game.

How is a bug something that wasnt there, that admins purposly put there for the reason its used for? Thats called a feature, or strategy component of the game.

FA is used to aid restarts or pay reps, not to boost one country IMHO. Also All-x is really boring. Me grabbing pisses alot of people off. Self farming is the only option left=P

Havoc Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 19:07:57

Pretty much what Ketchup said.. No one's saying FA chains are 'lamer' than self-farming, they're both ways of using your 16 countries to boost one, or a few countries. Both are within the rules of the game. Self-farming/land-trading's just more effective.:p

And Nico 200m avg with no land-trading is very impressive, where did you play this set?
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Kill4Free Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 19:49:52

I gots about 9bil food left to spend, will be jumping today (I was buying out private market for last few days)
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Kill4Free Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 19:53:45

My countries were not ideal netting countries (mainly cause ideal netters have no military), but they were built to get big without self farming, and they will easily accomplish that, some of my better ones that survived will have over 200mil NW.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 25th 2012, 20:12:26

if i hadnt spent 4 days replacing buildings in my main i would have broke 2 bil net :( damn suiciders
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Popcom Game profile

Mar 25th 2012, 21:40:54

Pretty much what Ketchup said.. No one's saying FA chains are 'lamer' than self-farming, they're both ways of using your 16 countries to boost one, or a few countries. Both are within the rules of the game. Self-farming/land-trading's just more effective.:p

And Nico 200m avg with no land-trading is very impressive, where did you play this set?

this is true, but FA is still 100% different in the sense that you create 0 extra NW. that's my point, they arn't comparable because they accomplish 2 completely different ends. :P

sucks to loose fluff to suiciders but that's what keeps it exciting haha
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

Pain Game profile

Mar 26th 2012, 3:29:59

FA and landtrading is the same thing. its using the 16 countries you have to benefit one or all countries. theres nothing wrong with either methods. anyone who will do one and thinks the other is wrong is a hypocrite.
Your mother is a nice woman

NightShade

Mar 26th 2012, 4:58:52

Originally posted by NightShade:

probably trhe only time we tagged anything but NBK..except for when we tagged SHIELD...but that has all been wiped from memory LOL ;-)

I remember SHIELD, I thought the tag was kinda funny when at the time SworDs was still one of the larger alliances. SworDs & SHIELD. :P
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

mdevol Game profile

Mar 26th 2012, 5:04:39

netting is lame...

Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

PapaSmurf Game profile

Mar 26th 2012, 5:44:45

Of course the one set I had a chance to net, i didn't play, lol.

SublimeNightmare Game profile

Mar 26th 2012, 5:48:58

im in awe... nbk rules
IT'S KILLING TIME

nico Game profile

Mar 26th 2012, 19:14:26

mrford invited me to play a set with him for LaE after he liked my killing/breaking the previous set. im most likely returning to my Angels of Death solo tag next set.

Tin Man

Mar 26th 2012, 19:53:23

when FA'ing you lose 3 turns, say you FA one country for 5 days, thats a net loss of 225 turns

FA isn't *good* but is much fairer then land trading(for the ghost acre bonus)

but since so many ppl self farm it's not turned into an art form... farm on and THEN FA one country =D

QM Diver Game profile

Mar 27th 2012, 1:15:53

NBK has done well! :O)

Is FAing to one country from 16, the same as FAing to one country from all in a clan?

I sucked at FAing to one, with all mine..

Well, I sucked at netting. Nothing new there..

K4F has an calculator in his head!, that that does complex calculations automatically..

Cause for envy...

Gratz to NBK!
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

IXNeo Game profile

Apr 1st 2012, 8:37:40

lol

IXNeo
Illuminati X
Division: EoS

Bradman Game profile

Apr 2nd 2012, 0:09:52