Verified:

Twain Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 16:27:20

Originally posted by Watertowers:
Really, the problem with the economy ultimately stems from Clinton. His free spending philosophy later caused both recessions since he left office and Bush did nothing to rein in spending.

Barack, however, is probably the worst president ever, and in fact I do not consider him a leader. He is nothing more than another sad product of white guilt.

Ahh yes.

It's Clinton's fault that there was out of control spending.
The problem is that you're simply lying or misinformed.

Look at the chart titled "Federal Deficit" that's about half way down this page: http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/debt_deficit_brief.php

Leaving out WW1 and WW2 where spending was understandable out of control due to war (and in the case of WW2 the Great Depression as well), let's just focus on the more recent time periods.

You can see that from 1960 to 1980, there were often deficits, but there were a decent number of balanced budgets and very low deficit budgets there.

It spiked a bit under Carter and started to come down by 1980 when Reagan took office and ran the deficit up considerably. It looks like in the late Reagan years and early G.H.W Bush years, the deficit was shrinking, but it went up in the late Bush years and then came down throughout Clinton's years to the point where the U.S. government was actually running a budget surplus (so if Clinton was the big-spending president you claim him to be, he must have found ways to greatly increase revenue as well).

Bush took us from a surplus to a moderate (in comparison to this chart) deficit, and the resulting crash of the housing market and banking industry led to the Bush and Obama stimulus packages. This is one decision by both presidents that you will NOT see me criticizing, because pouring money into the economy almost definitely saved the U.S. economy from a complete collapse (However, as admitted earlier, both stimulus packages had problems, most notably the Obama stimulus which had plenty of worthwhile projects and plenty that didn't return on the investment made in either jobs or advancement). If you want to place blame for the deficit spending in place, Pres. Clinton is the only president since 1969 to run a budget surplus, so clearly you're simply trying to place blame on a Democratic president that you don't like.

As far as your second statement, you've still never answered my question about what he's done that's so ruined our country, so I'm just going to declare victory on that.

Your name-calling and misinformation just shows your ignorance. Please, actually back up your arguments and tell us all how Pres. Obama has been the worst president ever.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 1st 2012, 20:58:17

Seriously blind ^
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Twain Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 14:20:45

^ Seriously hasn't given any information to refute anything I've said.

Angryjesus Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 16:03:42

http://factcheck.org/.../dueling-debt-deceptions/

Is one I like a little better Twain though it has a fairly similar message.

Now get back in your cage.

Twain Game profile

Mar 2nd 2012, 18:55:26

That does put it in more simple terms.

Basically, here's my last thoughts on this (probably):

If the economy recovers and Obama still spends as he currently is, that's irresponsible. Clearly balancing the budget is a good thing in general and the American public clearly wants some progress on this issue right now.

However, it's not like all the money from the budget is just going to some black hole, it's paying the wages of federal workers and contractors who have federal contracts. Cutting those jobs right now would exacerbate the current unemployment issues and we'd end up paying more in unemployment benefits. Might as well have these people actually working if we're going to have to pay them anyway.

locket Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 10:58:53

Man KoHeartsGPA and Watertowers are fluffing ignorant as hell. Coming from a neutral Canadian viewer, you guys really need to brush up on actual facts and stop viewing the world through horseblinders. You should go out into the world, meet some people, educate yourself, and then come back and realize the world is not black and white.

Oceana Game profile

Mar 3rd 2012, 13:26:17

and so in 3 yrs he is dead heat with GWB's 8 yrs, and will Blow past him this year.

I am curious the brilliant 2% cut in FICA collections how many years has he shaved off, its funded for, before we just call it broke?

and yes the conservatives were all for it as many would like to see that Roosy program die off, and making it insolvent is just the excuse needed.

1stbecci

Mar 5th 2012, 2:38:01

Seems to me the ones with the least amount of information post the most, and that is sad. Thank-you Twain for actually posting factual information instead of just spouting off opinions.

Twain Game profile

Mar 6th 2012, 1:54:30

Thanks becci.

For his part, Oceana is actually bringing some information from the more conservative point of view.

BAMM Game profile

Mar 12th 2012, 16:27:54

Obama sucks, vote Romney.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 13th 2012, 22:50:37

Romney is a JOKE, vote for me!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Watertowers

Mar 14th 2012, 3:12:31

I give the current candidates

Paul 7/10 Not sure if he's real or not in what he says, if he will uphold his libertarian views.

Santorum 5/10 Pretty steadfast in his beliefs, a very important character trait.

Romney: 2/10 Money lover , will do anything to get elected

Gingrich: 1/10 Same as above, but hypocritical

Obama: 1/10 His "presidency" should be renamed, Product of white guilt. Nuff said.

Hneftafl Game profile

Mar 21st 2012, 3:19:33

'Obama is more sinister, of course, than any Republican. However the other choice, Romney is a lizard with one and only one purpose: Get elected.'

ROFLMAO!! Keep it rolling, WT, you're hilarious.
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.