Verified:

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 6:58:07

I'd like to apologize to PDM for this set not working out as we had hoped. I was working with them to try and make a deal for a long time, but unfortunately the two parties could not agree on things due to different ideals.

I have always had a good relationship with Detmer and Pang, and when I gave my word to Detmer that I would not allow SoF to FS PDM I intended to keep it. But things didn't work out as planned and now we are at war, but sometimes these things need to happen to put any bad blood aside.

Lets make it a fun war. Let there be banter, fighting and drama. But keep it in context, and at the end of the war put it aside.

I wish PDM good luck in this war. And may both Alliances be better for it in the future.

Sov/Xyle
SoF

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 6:59:28

P.S iScode is my real enemy.

Murf Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 7:08:58

You kept your word, sof didn't fs pdm

ducko

Mar 9th 2012, 7:33:25

You could also say PDM didn't FS also :)

iScode Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 7:35:23

DEATH TO SOV.

iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 7:53:50

imo this whole war was due to iScode

Eric171 Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 8:02:15

iScode is just trying to prove the superiority of the i`s.

And you did keep your word :P

Sifos Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 8:03:29

The sheep shall prevail!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

ninong Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 8:03:40

bring on the trashtalk!
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

ninong Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 8:04:25

iscode & imag is an apple patent lawsuit waiting to happen
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 8:05:48

lol Ninong

bertz Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 8:09:24

We will transform this thread to Evo-LaF thread!

Sifos Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 8:14:31

Imag was here when Apple was only a little company no one gave crappers about. Imag shall be here when Apple declares bankruptcy. Let the Apple fan bois commence their signature trolling!
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

Mr.Silver

Mar 9th 2012, 8:14:46

Evo trash talks better than LaF... Discuss ! :P hehe

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 13:40:18

I trash talk better than Evo

Detmer Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 13:44:12

While I have no intentions of being nice, I will say that Sov, and to some degree Helmet, tried to work through this with us. Flamey and Ivan did not allow peace to happen however. Anyone who has observed SoF for the past several years will not be surprised by that.

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 13:59:12

Piggybacking on what Detmer said, PDM will not instantly make nice when this is really just another iteration of mindless escalation that has come to define the SoF/PDM relationship. I don't see this war resolving that core issue; SoF got what it wanted while we lost yet another netting set. I do appreciate, almost tangentially, that there are some in SoF now who seem to have a head on their shoulders.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 9th 2012, 14:07:51

Piggybacking on what Balin and Detmer said, SoF may not have launched a massive blindside FS on us, but they sure pushed us down the path to war until we were too far to go back. Telling us "I said we wouldn't FS you!" doesn't mean as much; not FS'ing us should be your default -- not something you have to be proud of accomplishing.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 14:25:36

I've said my piece. If this is the path you guys choose to follow then I will follow it.

tisya Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 14:27:20

*purrs*
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 9th 2012, 14:29:45

Originally posted by Sov:
I've said my piece. If this is the path you guys choose to follow then I will follow it.

us telling you that you guys have been provoking us down the path all round doesn't mean anything you, eh?

i was told for the majority of the round that ivan was SoF's absolute leader and everything must go through him. Now i'm told that it's been helmet for the last few rounds. so who was lying to me? we knew you were targeting us... you told lots of ppl and one of them eventually told us.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 14:33:48

I'm not going to exchange words with you back and forth Pang. I simply don't waste my time arguing in this game anymore. If you want to act like that I am sure others will entertain you.

I'll just remember it.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 9th 2012, 14:36:07

who's arguing?

I'm just disagreeing with your statement which ignored the posts of all of PDM's heads. I guess you didn't come here to do anything other than try to spin, eh?

your "taking the high road" message will mean less for that reason. this could have all been said in private yet you chose to do it in public, I guess to try and spin some good PR?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 14:40:50

I made this thread as a public gesture towards PDM that I harbored no bad feelings. But keep posting, I am sure others will give you the outlet you seek.

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:14:12

this is "banter, fighting and drama" :)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 9th 2012, 15:15:01

Originally posted by Sov:
I made this thread as a public gesture towards PDM that I harbored no bad feelings. But keep posting, I am sure others will give you the outlet you seek.

We knew you didn't have any bad feelings in the first place. the thread was unnecessary. we do not have any issues with you either. :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:15:13

I didn't mean point it at me <3

Sov Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:17:26

If you want to know what motivated me to make this thread, it was Mr Silver. I made it while talking to him. Silver is a good guy and a pleasure to deal with.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:25:11

Pretty fluffty response to an apology.

You guys chose this war, not us. You can spin all you want, but you started the destructive ops and you got the FS so don't try to play the victim card.

archaic Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:26:01

Just to piggyback on what Detmer, Balin, and Pang said - you guys were obviously war prepping and we were the only logical target. I dont fault Sov at all, this is Ivans war. Ivan has time and time again been the one consistent factor in all of Sof's PR issues. The last few sets of Ivan taking us to task on land trading when in reality we know you guys dont give a fluff about how we get our land, combined with the late set grabs and general douchbaggery. Ivan does not give a crap about what Sof wants, he just cares about what Ivan wants. This is what he wanted, so - its time to dance.

Now less yap yap and more pew pew.

For what its worth, Balin gives AWESOME piggy back rides!
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Trife Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:26:23

piggybacking on what pang, detmer, and balin said:

i'm glad facebook doesn't have a page view count cuz detmer and tisya would think i'm stalking them. i mean, i totes am but they don't need to know that. now all facebook needs to do is make hot chicks' profiles open to everyone and put in a dislike button. titty sprinkles.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 9th 2012, 15:28:49

ok Sov, we get it... you and Helmet are the good cops. Ivan and Flamey are the bad cops.

You still grabbed PDM to increase tension, Sov, and Helmet auth'ed it... so... ya...

you guys aren't actually as nice/friendly as you claim and this wreaks of spin :(
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

archaic Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:29:00

Originally posted by Helmet:

You guys chose this war, not us. You can spin all you want, but you started the destructive ops and you got the FS so don't try to play the victim card.

'we' chose this war? lol

Because all of those monarchies with 50+ missiles each were just part of Sof's netting strategy?
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 9th 2012, 15:30:31

Originally posted by archaic:

'we' chose this war? lol

Because all of those monarchies with 50+ missiles each were just part of Sof's netting strategy?

don't forget when their president (this was at a time when I was told Helmet was the absolute leader again) authorized other heads to hit PDM + other alliances to raise tensions to create the war they needed. Come on guys...
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Drow Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:33:24

helmet: when Ivan pushes it nonstop, and when your leaders try to dictate to us how we play the game, you cannot seriously expect us to do nothing about it. We don't bow to anyone, least of all SoF. I like you guys, but seriously. Stop trying to tell us how to play the game, and allow us to do our own thing in future. THAT'S what this war is all about.
When you can comprehend that, maybe things in SoF will change, and your relations with us will change.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Helmet Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:35:45

archaic: Really? That's your argument? lol They were all monarchy so we had to attack them! They were clearly going to get us!

Pang: Oh, so I'm only president when it's convenient for your spinning? At least I have the balls to actually stand behind my decisions. :)

I did authorize grabs on your land traders. You chose to FS us instead of retalling. Let's see you own up to your decisions.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:37:38

Originally posted by Drow:
helmet: when Ivan pushes it nonstop, and when your leaders try to dictate to us how we play the game, you cannot seriously expect us to do nothing about it. We don't bow to anyone, least of all SoF. I like you guys, but seriously. Stop trying to tell us how to play the game, and allow us to do our own thing in future. THAT'S what this war is all about.
When you can comprehend that, maybe things in SoF will change, and your relations with us will change.

I do get it. I tried to stop it but clearly it was too late.

Drow Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:38:51

excellent. then let us return to banter and flaming!
OH YEAH BABY!

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Detmer Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:39:37

Pretty fluffty response to an apology.

SoF tries to back us into a corner every round. The two of you made a nice gesture, but when everything in SoF goes through Ivan, nothing anyone else does has any significant credibility. SoF ALWAYS finds someone to randomly FS and this round it was clearly us. We weren't going to sit around waiting for that confirmation. You guys were completely war prepped, we had done a few days of token war prep. You act like making a smart measure in self-defense is playing the aggressor. We are not stupid and just going to sit around to wait for an equally sized alliance who is fully prepped to hit us. That is smart defense, not offense. Offense is when you hassle an alliance round after round, war prep all round, only leave that alliance open to hit in a round and then refuse to sign a fair pact with them.

Also you declared war on us first. It's not my fault you waited to start hitting until much later.

Also, no one pities SoF. I know you are living in this small bubble since you were out of Earth for so long, but SoF is one of the most widely hated alliances for the antics that have gone on for so long. There are a lot of alliances who only pact SoF to avoid fear of being randomly targeted in a round. You pact one so they can't defend their allies who you will target the next round. No one is sorry for you and while I believe Sov is genuine, no one thinks his view represents SoF.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:42:17

archaic: Really? That's your argument? lol They were all monarchy so we had to attack them! They were clearly going to get us!

You act like your pacts are a secret. Everyone knows you were gunning for PDM this round.

Pang: Oh, so I'm only president when it's convenient for your spinning? At least I have the balls to actually stand behind my decisions. :)

I did authorize grabs on your land traders. You chose to FS us instead of retalling. Let's see you own up to your decisions.

We did retal. We couldn't returned the favor in kind because we didn't have any countries fluffty enough to make those types of grabs back at you. This war has nothing to do with one isolated instance, it is from chronic problems with SoF and a clear desire to war us this round.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:49:54

Detmer: We're a war alliance. We're not looking for sympathy. I'm not the least bit upset we're at war. I am disappointed because I tried to stop it and it didn't work. I don't think you guys should be looking for sympathy either. You had a way out and you chose not to take it. Sure it would have meant swallowing your pride and I get that, but nevertheless you made the choice to fight.

I would encourage any alliance that is having problems with Ivan to come to me. PDM did not reach out to me. I reached out to you guys. I tried to stop it. If you don't want to acknowledge that, then that's your choice.

You're correct. I do not know what every single alliance's sentiment towards SoF is. I will say the same thing I said to Pang. I am the President of SoF now. If you choose to continue to argue and fight with Ivan when I am available, then that is your choice. I have a whole different perspective on a lot of things then some of the past presidents.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:55:14

Helmet, could you perhaps add your contact info on the alliance directory? I seem to not see it on there.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:55:23

Detmer: We're a war alliance. We're not looking for sympathy. I'm not the least bit upset we're at war. I am disappointed because I tried to stop it and it didn't work. I don't think you guys should be looking for sympathy either. You had a way out and you chose not to take it. Sure it would have meant swallowing your pride and I get that, but nevertheless you made the chose to fight.

I would encourage any alliance that is having problems with Ivan to come to me. PDM did not reach out to me. I reached out to you guys. I tried to stop it. If you don't want to acknowledge that, then that's your choice.

You're correct. I do not know what every single alliance's sentiment towards SoF is. I will say the same thing I said to Pang. I am the President of SoF now. If you choose to continue to argue and fight with Ivan when I am available, then that is your choice. I have a whole different perspective on a lot of things then some of the past presidents.

Agreeing to be enslaved by an alliance so they don't attack you is ridiculous. You wanted to be able to dictate our gameplay and there is no way in hell that would ever happen. Swallowing pride is surrendering in a war. We were willing to call the losses a wash if SoF signed a pact that simply made it so we would not attack each other anymore. SoF refused. SoF wanted to war so SoF got the war they wanted. That is what it came down to. TIE and Evo and RD and ICN and anyone who has ever had to deal with SoF knows this to be true. This is not a matter of us being unwilling to swallow our pride and everyone knows that.

That is great you are the president of SoF now. That was not well advertised. Honestly I have no idea whether that took effect three months ago or three hours ago. What is the best way to get a hold of you in the future?

Helmet Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:55:31

Originally posted by Detmer:

This war has nothing to do with one isolated instance, it is from chronic problems with SoF [/quote]

I agree with this. Honestly, that sums it up. Let's do the rest of the talking in game. :P

Detmer Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 15:57:08

This war has nothing to do with one isolated instance, it is from chronic problems with SoF

I agree with this. Honestly, that sums it up. Let's do the rest of the talking in game. :P [/quote]

Why should we leave the talking to ingame? You are the ones who have wronged us. We have not wronged you. That is letting you off easy.

Helmet Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:02:59

Agreeing to be enslaved by an alliance so they don't attack you is ridiculous. You wanted to be able to dictate our gameplay and there is no way in hell that would ever happen. Swallowing pride is surrendering in a war. We were willing to call the losses a wash if SoF signed a pact that simply made it so we would not attack each other anymore. SoF refused. SoF wanted to war so SoF got the war they wanted. That is what it came down to. TIE and Evo and RD and ICN and anyone who has ever had to deal with SoF knows this to be true. This is not a matter of us being unwilling to swallow our pride and everyone knows that.

That is great you are the president of SoF now. That was not well advertised. Honestly I have no idea whether that took effect three months ago or three hours ago. What is the best way to get a hold of you in the future?

This really isn't right. I think you need to get up to speed with Pang. I made an effort to sign the pact without the land trading clause and he blew me off. Clearly the wheels were already in motion to war and like I said before I get why you guys would attack us, but you can't claim you had no choice. I'll argue with you on that until the end of time. I was willing to sign the pact without the crazy clause and there was no FS planned.

I was made president a while ago and it was posted on the AT. In all fairness I have not been very active. This thing with PDM bothered me and lit a fire under my ass. I instantly became active when I saw the problems and tried to stop it. I have been having fun conversing with leaders and getting back in to the groove. My goal right now is to become a very active part of our relationships and war decisions. I only want to be involved in big picture issues.

The best way to reach me is email. I can PM it to you and Nukeevil.

Ivan Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:09:59

Honestly detmer youve been listening too much on bullfluff, your a whiner of UNIMAGINABLE proportions especially abut things you obviously have no idea about

As far as harrasing "netting tags" or whatever lies that rows your boat lets take a look at these so called innocent tags that sof has hit in the last 2 years?

ICN
SoF and ICN havnt really gotten along since about half of sofs membership played in alliance when there was 2 seperate alliance server and ICN being the bigger alliance there kept trying to push their tag around with silly things like we wont accept you having that member in your tag. So how did this carry over? it carried over because Dixie (pres in both tags) thought she could pull whatever lg policies she wanted in both server and so they died

RD
RD ran bots on SOF and they did on you as well, i dont even see a need to justify us running them over 1 set

TIE
TIE tried to gangbang SoF, along with SOL and EVO

EVO
Broke a pact with SOF to gangbang us along with TIE and SOL

So yes SOF are soo terrible! phear us! If anything your a hypocrite for signing grabbing pacts with as you claim half the server and when you got a couple of hits on you from SOF and instead of retalling you start disabling our missiles

If we wanted you dead that badly we could just have blind sided you over a week ago

Sir Balin Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:10:11

Detmer: We're a war alliance. We're not looking for sympathy. I'm not the least bit upset we're at war. I am disappointed because I tried to stop it and it didn't work. I don't think you guys should be looking for sympathy either. You had a way out and you chose not to take it. Sure it would have meant swallowing your pride and I get that, but nevertheless you made the choice to fight.

Obviously we know you're not upset. You wanted to war. I'm using the you pronoun to refer to SoF here.

When other options fell through, PDM was your choice, despite the fact that you and Sov knew there was no real reason to hit PDM. You had us on yellow/80 turnsaving for weeks on end while we tried to net, and the pact negotiations ended up seeming like a stalling technique, since you were giving us terms to which you knew we could not agree.

Then you grabbed a few of our fattest countries on the same day. I'm not complaining that we got grabbed, it was just another signal that you were looking for a fight. At that point we considered war to be inevitable despite our genuine desire for peace, and since we were netting all set with absolutely no intention to war you, no war techs, low spies, etc., we had to completely change our macro strategy to try to get into some semblance of war readiness. At that point there was no turning back.

Obviously you wanted us to strike you first for political reasons, but trying to argue that we started the war is ludicrous. I would have much preferred a top 5 finish to fighting against SoF's perpetual boredom and bully tactics.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:11:49

This really isn't right. I think you need to get up to speed with Pang. I made an effort to sign the pact without the land trading clause and he blew me off. Clearly the wheels were already in motion to war and like I said before I get why you guys would attack us, but you can't claim you had no choice. I'll argue with you on that until the end of time. I was willing to sign the pact without the crazy clause and there was no FS planned.

You asked if we'd accept your terms minus the crazy clause. We said we wanted terms to stop all hits (since you guys always hit us despite being pacted in the past). Not you, nor anyone, ever even offered pact terms to Pang, which is who you had been taking to.

I was made president a while ago and it was posted on the AT. In all fairness I have not been very active. This thing with PDM bothered me and lit a fire under my ass. I instantly became active when I saw the problems and tried to stop it. I have been having fun conversing with leaders and getting back in to the groove. My goal right now is to become a very active part of our relationships and war decisions. I only want to be involved in big picture issues.

The best way to reach me is email. I can PM it to you and Nukeevil.

I am glad you're enjoying getting back into things. I'd be happy to get your email.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 9th 2012, 16:12:54

Originally posted by Ivan:

Honestly detmer youve been listening too much on bullfluff, your a whiner of UNIMAGINABLE proportions especially abut things you obviously have no idea about

As far as harrasing "netting tags" or whatever lies that rows your boat lets take a look at these so called innocent tags that sof has hit in the last 2 years?

ICN
SoF and ICN havnt really gotten along since about half of sofs membership played in alliance when there was 2 seperate alliance server and ICN being the bigger alliance there kept trying to push their tag around with silly things like we wont accept you having that member in your tag. So how did this carry over? it carried over because Dixie (pres in both tags) thought she could pull whatever lg policies she wanted in both server and so they died

RD
RD ran bots on SOF and they did on you as well, i dont even see a need to justify us running them over 1 set

TIE
TIE tried to gangbang SoF, along with SOL and EVO

EVO
Broke a pact with SOF to gangbang us along with TIE and SOL

So yes SOF are soo terrible! phear us! If anything your a hypocrite for signing grabbing pacts with as you claim half the server and when you got a couple of hits on you from SOF and instead of retalling you start disabling our missiles

If we wanted you dead that badly we could just have blind sided you over a week ago

I just set you to ignore. From now on it is straight to Helmet. You are defunct.