Verified:

quimm_17 Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 3:46:21

can u ban those players attacking or even kill you randomly.. some people do it for no reason.. it sucks

Edited By: General Earl on Jan 3rd 2012, 5:03:37. Reason: categorized
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2012, 4:41:34

It isn't very friendly to new players, that's for sure. My solution would be: make GDI opt out instead of opt in. Then they would mostly be safe from this kind of thing.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

General Earl Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 5:03:15

It is unfortunate this happens, but no, the game moderators do not ban people for this type of behavior. The best thing you can really do is try to make some friends and fight back.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 3rd 2012, 6:02:35

Originally posted by blid:
It isn't very friendly to new players, that's for sure. My solution would be: make GDI opt out instead of opt in. Then they would mostly be safe from this kind of thing.

that may be worthwhile for new players -- make their first countries auto-join GDI.

certain servers have special GDI to stop suiciding, do you have a little more context (without using country #'s or anything identifying), quimm_17?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 3rd 2012, 6:11:28

i think this has to do with FFA

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

diez Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 7:03:19

To be fair, if you farm someone to get land, they're entitled to suicide on you.

And if they're really pissed off, the set after and so on.

Btw, isn't FSing netters suiciding too? :p

suiciding is part of the game and cannot be defined anyway. You can't ban people for that.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 3rd 2012, 19:24:47

but he's talking about getting killed randomly. Don't know what server but on Express if you don't join GDI, people will kill or ruin you for no reason.

When you create your country, and have to click that button to confirm creating the country, there should also be a little checkbox that says "I would like to opt out of GDI protection" that you could click, and that's your one chance to not join GDI. That way newbs would be auto-entered into it unless they actually go uncheck the button, and experienced players wouldn't suffer the pain of accidentally forgetting to join it and making an attack.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

diez Game profile

Jan 3rd 2012, 22:06:45

There, I also posted about "FSing netters" which has happened multiple times in clan-based games... Is it classified as suiciding? Or is it not, just because you do it in numbers?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 4th 2012, 0:35:35

I posted that it was too easy to get suicided in Express and Primary, but Slagpit disagreed with me. I would have agreed with him only if GDI was the default rather than having to opt-in.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 4:14:08

Xin: join GDI...

blid

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2012, 9:43:13

Xinhuan may know how but for new players, they probably don't know what it is or how to join. Afterall it's like one of the only thing that isn't on the sidebar menu

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 5th 2012, 12:35:45

Furthermore, I would like to add that new players would also be unlikely to remember the details about double tapping a country and login to a ruined country the next day. The game could possibly add a warning confirmation for attacking a country a seond time over the course of the reset.

For players who know the GDI rules, it wouldn't make a difference, but for newer players, it makes all the difference.

TroyTiger Game profile

Jan 9th 2012, 22:46:29

what I would like to see is make all player profiles public so we can "see" who the suicider really is.