Verified:

General Earl Game profile

Dec 17th 2011, 6:55:23

Though you might not always see it, the developers of EE work really hard to keep the spirit of Earth: 2025 and the game itself alive.. for the past couple of years, we've been REALLY lucky to have been able to keep one of our greatest pass-times over the years alive and kicking.

I ask the community, not as part of the staff myself, but as a player who enjoys the game and gives back to the community as much as I can-- to think about the many hours of fun we've had- to think about the time, effort and money it took to KEEP this game from completely dying, and to KEEP IT FREE FOR EVERYONE.. I'd like to ask everyone give a round of applause to qz, pang and slag!! (though Nuk, iZarcon, Tavi and others have done a great deal of work themselves).. for the hard work they've all done in making Earth Empires a success. If there's anyone else I missed, I apologize, but your work is definitely appreciated too! I also can't forget the server mods' dedication to keeping cheaters and abusive players out, your work has been commendable! Truly, a great job by everyone, and I thank you on behalf of everyone!

Anyways, my point is... Please consider donating to the cause. It doesn't have to be much.. I personally think $3-5 is more than sufficient, and not really all that much to give back considering the friendships and fun we've been able to keep in these past couple of years- all being kept alive by a mere dozen or so plus developers AND mods who do this out of their own time and money to keep this game alive AND FREE.

If EE is worth something to you, and you would REALLY like show your appreciation, I ask that you to consider that what we have is all done this on a purely voluntary basis, but the real fact is that it actually does cost time and money to keep this game running. Please give these fluffers a reason to push hard (and push harder!!) to give you an even better game!!! You can donate through paypal by going to:

http://www.earthempires.com/contact

and clicking the donate link.

The devs themselves may not be so bold as to ask you for money, but I personally don't feel any shame in asking you all to help give back to something thats taken so many hours of work and personal time and money to keep up. Its not that its ALL about the money- but seriously, we should consider how much time its taken to develop and maintain this beloved game. Happy holidays.. or as _I_ prefer, Merry Christmas.. but whatever you prefer. it's cool with me. Thanks EE staff. You rock my world.

Happy Kwanza. :P

Edited By: General Earl on Dec 17th 2011, 6:58:48
See Original Post
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Killa Game profile

Dec 17th 2011, 13:54:03

Hi
+Killa

Nuketon Game profile

Dec 17th 2011, 17:56:08

Well said, thank you all for your hard work and for keeping this game we all love so much alive and free. I personally have no problem donating a few $ to the cause, we pay for any video games we play legitimately so why not help out the EE staff for their efforts :)

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to us all!

Marshal Game profile

Dec 17th 2011, 20:22:01

*donates 20 cents*
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2011, 2:25:33

I'd rather give my money to families in need this time of the year... But whatever floats your boat :)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 18th 2011, 7:59:17

Originally posted by Requiem:
I'd rather give my money to families in need this time of the year... But whatever floats your boat :)

Fine, valentine's day works too :P

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2011, 12:48:26

:D

Marshal Game profile

Dec 18th 2011, 13:27:00

*puts 1 dollar in Gally's pants*

trainboy Game profile

Dec 18th 2011, 13:43:03

There's a b and s post about revenue generation any updates?

Xintros Game profile

Dec 18th 2011, 13:49:02

Excellent post and well said. I did not know it was so easy to donate?
You should have a "Donate" button right on the log-in page with a little caption "It's Easy" under it.
You know when peeps get drunk or run into some Dough-re-me, they may just click the button.

Times are hard. I'm going to play Texas-Holdem tonight. Not big stakes, but I really should not gamble my hard earned money (buy in per game is $10, with chance to win $80-$100 for 1st, $40-$60 2nd, $10-$20 for 3rd depending how many friends show up). With food buy in (A great spread) of $30 for my wife and I, tonight could cost me $90 if neither of us place in the three games we will play. But still, where are you going to be able to get a great dinner and a night out 6-8 hrs at that price now a days?

$5-$10 for years worth of "Entertainment" in the form of Earth Empires is not a lot to ask at all.

PS- Wish me luck. I need Oil for heat and a WIN to DONATE here! ;-)
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Dec 18th 2011, 16:04:40

Done~
Merry Christmas lads
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

xXxWaNgErxXx Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 3:23:36

Nice message Earl

MissyV Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 3:33:08

Done. Thank you for all the time, patience and hard work!

Happy holidays!

Duff Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2011, 4:41:55

all the best for 2012

Samx2

Dec 19th 2011, 5:19:40

i don't mind for the donation. I will even donate more. But you guys really should look for the way to monetize earthempires.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 16:15:07

hmm, might seem like a bribe to keep me from getting baleted if i was to donate. not sure that i want to mess up their morality that much. they might get the corrupted...
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

deepcode Game profile

Dec 19th 2011, 16:31:15

For the years of entertainment and this community, sure. Donation made.

Purposeful1 Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 0:19:43

Should really make that donate link *not* in black font so it blends in with the background... lol.

Donated!
Purposeful1

Deci Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 15:00:45

Donated~
Retired.... and back again.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 19:16:47

donated most of what i had on that paypal-account (1 euro) so EE got nearly 80 cents.

:P

edit: you should accept other currencies than yankee dollars.

Pain Game profile

Dec 20th 2011, 19:22:55

just donated $20 which is like $750 canadian. i hope they dont all spend it on the same hooker.
Your mother is a nice woman

iTavi

Dec 20th 2011, 21:19:00

wee! pay day!
finally!

jk, i, for one, am glad to help keeping the people tied in here after so much time spent together.

Merry Xmas!
~