Verified:

elvesrus

Dec 5th 2011, 3:09:31

I've never grabbed much and I can tell they aren't the same.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Chaoswind Game profile

Dec 5th 2011, 3:31:44

maybe if mehul changed them in the last week before closing :/
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 5th 2011, 4:10:31

Mehul hadn't run the game for some time by then.

The formula is the same.

locket Game profile

Dec 5th 2011, 5:15:02

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Explain myself how? I reverse engineered the formula back in the Earth 2025 days. I implemented the formula in this game. You're wrong about topfeeding.

You don't know fluff but you think this is up for debate because you're such a special snowflake? fluff off.

More anger? Chill for once.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 5th 2011, 5:28:47

like h4 said... take the mechanics for what they are; everything else is determined ingame. That's also kind of the basic point of Detmer's initial post, isn't it?

Everyone else, stop arguing with slag over semantics. his posts only look angry because he uses way less :p's and :)'s than the rest of the staff.

We'll let you know when the formula changes. Check announcements/B&S for long explanatory posts on the current mechanics, if you are so inclined.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

locket Game profile

Dec 5th 2011, 6:00:23

They look angry because they are always insulting to someone :)

Detmer Game profile

Dec 6th 2011, 18:57:07

Originally posted by de1i:
Green Bay!

You were from Connell right TAN? They just won State for the second year in a row.

TAN is a Husky =P

Detmer Game profile

Dec 6th 2011, 19:07:39

Originally posted by Pang:
like h4 said... take the mechanics for what they are; everything else is determined ingame. That's also kind of the basic point of Detmer's initial post, isn't it?

Everyone else, stop arguing with slag over semantics. his posts only look angry because he uses way less :p's and :)'s than the rest of the staff.

We'll let you know when the formula changes. Check announcements/B&S for long explanatory posts on the current mechanics, if you are so inclined.

I just post. It's up to you to make of it what you will.

trumper Game profile

Dec 7th 2011, 14:45:47

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
and that in of itself makes this dicussion moot.

You are asking people to change game mechanics in order to support/remove behaviour that has occured due to alliance policy, not game mechanics.

There is no rule that says you have the right to attack someone back after they attack you. By extension there is no rule that says you can't farm landtraders because you don't like landtrading. Etc.

I think all the talk after your post was pretty pointless. You're right that it's a political problem and not a programming problem. What's amusing to me is that folks continue to think L:L policies are the solution rather than the problem.

Having L:L policies means grabbing most other alliances is absolutely pointless. Bottomfeeding only can get you so far. So people will move toward landtrading as PDM and RD have in a more formalized way.

I'm probably making the argument for nothing, but I would seriously advocate a political solution with everyone returning to the 2:1 days or 1:1 without a pact. From where I stand it would probably hurt my alliance. I think it's better for the game and more interesting. The movement toward everything must be account for (we'll soon have L:L plus some ratio of military lost:L) makes the game more stale and even tempts me into running an untagged country that stockpiles like crap and then spends half the reset disturbing the big boys.

archaic Game profile

Dec 7th 2011, 16:06:35

Trumper, you interested in playing with PDM? Anybody that would suggest a retal policy thats better for the game than their own tag is our kind of player.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Trife Game profile

Dec 7th 2011, 17:18:32

Originally posted by archaic:
Trumper, you interested in playing with PDM? Anybody that would suggest a retal policy thats better for the game than their own tag is our kind of player.

we fought you over zen, and we'll fight you over trumper if we need to.

:P

Detmer Game profile

Dec 7th 2011, 19:13:25

Originally posted by Trife:
Originally posted by archaic:

we fought you over zen, and we'll fight you over trumper if we need to.

:P

The problem is each time we poach a player, the odds shift a little more! Soon it will be PDM+ vs Trife! (I assume it is only a matter of time until we get pp1... I bet he is first half of defectors!)

Riddler Game profile

Dec 8th 2011, 13:14:44

my thoughts on landtrading is this...IT'S A fluffING GAME! PLAY TO WIN!!

exile

Dec 8th 2011, 13:41:51

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2011, 9:25:04

in e2025 hitting up got a higher percentage return both in civs killed and land gained

best returns was at 140%+ of your nw from memory

in earthempires its much closer up to down getting about the same %age but i think down is slightly higher than up

Duff Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2011, 11:11:54

i play to beat you`s all up