Nov 25th 2011, 18:44:21

nice!

now do:

1) something about the untagged suiciders in alliance

2) put oil on the private market and make it sellable there

3) find zen

maverickmd Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 19:14:01

What is really the point of this mechanic? in alliance 20 of us do a rush attack can still attack every 3 seconds and kill someone in 2 min anyway. Most people can barely click the attack button faster than that anyway :)

izapimp Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 20:38:33

Originally posted by dagga:
3 seconds is way too much.

Currently, you might be able to make 5 attacks a second (conservative). With this change you can make 1 attack per 3 seconds.

This change slows an individual's hit rate by 1500%. It's unnecessary and overboard. Just don't register any hit made within 0.5 seconds of each other. I haven't seen any argument that shows that this is (a) difficult or (b) all that is required to put the attack rate to what it roughly used to be.

best solution, I would like to see it implemented as well as reviving a dead country.
-maKaroni

aponic Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 22:10:56

I agree with dagga
SOF
Cerevisi

izapimp Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 22:35:19

so it would only let 1 attack per .5 sec meaning if two or more countries tried an attack at the same time only one would register and the others would get a response "sorry that country is currently being attacked wait .5 seconds" . but I would prefer 1 sec apart not .5 still to quick.

and the revival of a dead country or bonus for restarts is the right track
-maKaroni

Bater Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 22:45:07

I think dagga means that you can spam the attack button as many times as you want, but the game will only process a hit every 0.5 sec.

The more I think about this change, the less well thought out it seems to be. It will definitely play into the hands of the largest of alliances and will overall push the politics into generating more coalition wars and gangbangs. I'm really kind of disappointed about everything with this change. It just seems to be a really half assed idea being implemented in a half assed manner.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 22:45:46

i sleep around 8 hours per day. i demand, well actually i probably won't care until sony fixes the browser so i can actually play the game on my PSP. wake me up to stonewall? must be suicidal.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Spitzbart Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 23:13:42

This blows.
Originally posted by Pang:
Ideally, I'd like to have a system (for clan servers at least) where if your get hit you'll be at a disadvantage for sure, but you're not completely out of the game and your country can recover.

and this will change the game to one big dandy hippie like tree hugging party.

why also not change the option declare war in 'Occupy stock market'. Troops into 'peace full protesters', tanks into 'unicorns', jets into 'butterflies' and turrets into flowers...
Fear me not, but fear my hell.

Kyatoru Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 23:18:38

+1 for unicorns!
+Kya

Son Goku Game profile

Nov 25th 2011, 23:25:30

Just do one attack per second and it fixes this problem.

It would also be nice to add an option in your preferences to ONLY attack once per second. If you want to rush someone you can go deselect this, otherwise it would make sure you don't accidentally hit too fast and lose readiness you didn't intend on losing.

Yamaha Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 0:12:18

I don't really think this change will substantially affect warchat times. Yes it will take a few extra minutes to get a kill, but the change only affects the time in a warchat that you actually spend killing something. If you're in a warchat right now or after the change for more than an hour it isn't because of the time it takes to hit, it's because of the time your leaders are taking to get a target set up and keeping things flowing.

It WILL affect how successful your warchats are as more people will be able to wall, thus wars themselves will last longer not your individual chats.

If this change were to be introduced into FFA where alliances are comprised of hundreds of countries, then you're looking at considerably longer warchats. But in alliance we're looking at ~60 countries per alliance, so even increasing the amount of time between hits to 3 seconds won't make your chats last "2 hours" unless your leaders are waiting 20 minutes between each kill...

The only really negative side effect of this change as I see it is that smaller alliances will find it much harder to get kills due to less members in on each kill combined with mandatory slower hitting.
Paradigm - The Nuthouse
IMP - Haters Gonna Hate

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 5:44:43

Originally posted by bakku:
having changes like this in the middle of the set is dumb. announcing it in an AT thread is even dumber

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 26th 2011, 6:47:39

ironically slower warchats put less pressure on chat leaders to find and setup the next target leading to a less stop starty sort of chat

agusjo Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 7:23:34

i'm not active attacker, so i like this idea.

izapimp Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 16:57:00

ee needs a polling booth , so far most are in favor of a similar change
-maKaroni

hanlong Game profile

Nov 26th 2011, 20:40:08

i think its good idea to change and experiment, but doing it mid reset is kind of funky
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia