Verified:

Unetter

Aug 26th 2011, 1:12:58

If country A hits country B then Country B retals country A.

Then 30 hrs letter Country C hits Country B. Does it equal a RoR?

Kalick Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 1:15:31

Whichever alliance would win a war is in the right.

legion Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 1:19:05

heh
Nobody puts baby in a corner

mold Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 1:38:12

Maybe

cgr4 Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 1:46:16

it depends.

-cgr4
cgr4

ponderer Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 1:51:45

if you're untagged, it means join an alliance with tag protection.

otherwise, depends on your alliance's policies.

m0m0rific

hanlong Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 2:10:58

normally yes. unless your alliance's retal policy is less than 30 hours
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 26th 2011, 2:33:00

I will explain the same I explained to Servant, as I am assuming...emphasis on assuming...that you are with Monsters.
Clan A hit
Clan B retals
This is obvious and apparent retal.
So all retals are obviously taken.
Clan A hits (this is LG as there was no retal message to make it an RoR)
Clan B hits (retal)
Clan B hits again (member decides that its a RoR on their own)
Clan A retals last hit by Clan B, because that is considered a LG

If Clan A and Clan B were pacted then other policies would trump this.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Soviet Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 2:39:15

..And if you really wanted to be a fluff it could've been seen as a over retal, thus 2:1 retals.

But what do I know. :)
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

sigma Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 3:12:55

Originally posted by Soviet:
..And if you really wanted to be a fluff it could've been seen as a over retal, thus 2:1 retals.

No, whatever policy it is--it should be consistent.

A hits, B retals
A hits, B retals
B hits, A retals

If you're saying it was an overretal, then the 2nd A hit would be an overretal, completely negating Galleri's line of logic.

JanPaul

Aug 26th 2011, 3:14:05

or we can just war and fluff about it later.

Junky Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 3:25:18

if its after 24 hours of the retal its safe... now it'll keep country D from hitting country C for atleast 72 hours if you make your case to LaF to get them to stop hitting the same E2025 country.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Junky Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 3:27:06

P.S. if E2025 goes to ffa they'll be a force to be reckoned with and can push their policies around... for a set...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 26th 2011, 3:33:30

Well post only pertains to certain recent things that happened with imag.

Not e2025 clan vs LaF

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Soviet Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 3:54:56

Originally posted by sigma:

A hits, B retals
A hits, B retals
B hits, A retals

If you're saying it was an overretal, then the 2nd A hit would be an overretal, completely negating Galleri's line of logic.

A Hits B
B Retals A
C Hits B
B Retals C _twice_

If anything Monsters should've retalled A twice to keep consistency with the retals taken on C.
Imaginary Numbers

sigma Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 4:50:31

x=-b+-sqrt (b2-4ac) / 2a

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 5:01:47

I seem to remember something about 24 hrs being the window after a retal...but when you get into the same country hitting again 24 hrs later, it's pretty shaky ground.

Crippler ICD Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 8:29:39

yeah its usually 24 hrs after retal :P
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2011, 9:15:49

A hits, B retals
A hits, B retals
B hits, A retals

A Hits B
B Retals A
C Hits B
B Retals C _twice_

If anything Monsters should've retalled A twice to keep consistency with the retals taken on C.

You completely missed the point.

If C's hit on B is not considered a retal, why is B's second hit on A considered one instead of a normal landgrab?

Though to the OP, you're dealing with iMag who generally invent policies out of their ass for the sake of creating conflicts... I remember them trying to continue taking land:land after DHing a retal once. I would probably just drop the issue and leave them to play by themselves, I figure if they hit Monsters they might be killed by someone like SOL for going too far again.

Also an issue here is some crap policy about how a retal is only a retal if a message is attached, otherwise it's a grab. I remember LaF starting this retarded policy "because there isn't enough land" a few sets ago, but a LaF head "disowned" it here?
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

me

Aug 26th 2011, 10:15:27

the alliance I play for has a policy against hitting a country that has made a retal for 72 hours. If country c was in our alliance, the person running it could be facing a demotion. If country b was in our alliance, country c would either be paying reps or be retal'd for an RoR.

Now, that said, the Monsters are a peace loving alliance, and may have a policy of backing down. They also have a lot of friends, and there are 3 war prepped alliances (not counting Imag) that have yet to war.

Edited By: me on Aug 26th 2011, 10:38:09
See Original Post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 26th 2011, 14:44:35

Our policy < Your policy

JanPaul

Aug 26th 2011, 14:49:56

THIS IS WAR IN THE MAKING!!!

YEAH BOY!! :D

m0bzta Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 16:05:29

looks around

/me wonders off
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

LadyGrizz Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 17:22:01

I doubt this is a Monster issue, as we let the FA's take care of things off the boards

Soviet Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 17:56:25

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

A hits, B retals
A hits, B retals
B hits, A retals

A Hits B
B Retals A
C Hits B
B Retals C _twice_

If C's hit on B is not considered a retal, why is B's second hit on A considered one instead of a normal landgrab?

Though to the OP, you're dealing with iMag who generally invent policies out of their ass for the sake of creating conflicts... I remember them trying to continue taking land:land after DHing a retal once. I would probably just drop the issue and leave them to play by themselves, I figure if they hit Monsters they might be killed by someone like SOL for going too far again.

Also an issue here is some crap policy about how a retal is only a retal if a message is attached, otherwise it's a grab. I remember LaF starting this retarded policy "because there isn't enough land" a few sets ago, but a LaF head "disowned" it here?

You missed the point. B sent A a retal message. C did not send B a retal message. B also hit C twice in return, which is something you shouldn't do without FA contact first.

And your run in with iMag is just as you stated. You failed a retal and CONTINUED to take L:L. Go ask Evo or LaF if L:L ends after a DH, as I'm sure they would've pwned you over that too.
Imaginary Numbers

Riddler Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 19:26:26

A hits B B retals
B hits A A retals,
I farms both

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 26th 2011, 21:58:41

LaF policy is 24 hours, after that it isn't a RoR in our books.

hanlong Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 22:12:18

what soviet said.

a failed retal ends all L:L
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

sigma Game profile

Aug 26th 2011, 22:45:34

Wrong thread I think

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2011, 0:28:23

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

A hits, B retals
A hits, B retals
B hits, A retals

A Hits B
B Retals A
C Hits B
B Retals C _twice_

You missed the point. B sent A a retal message. C did not send B a retal message. B also hit C twice in return, which is something you shouldn't do without FA contact first.

And your run in with iMag is just as you stated. You failed a retal and CONTINUED to take L:L. Go ask Evo or LaF if L:L ends after a DH, as I'm sure they would've pwned you over that too.

So basically you're saying the distinction between a retal and a non-retal is the message, which to be fair is what a bunch of clans are doing (I think it's stupid though)

As for your second point, iMag was the one that failed the retal and continued to take "land:land" after. The kind of crap you use to start wars, you don't even remember which "policies" you were enforcing

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Soviet Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 0:33:23

iMag doesn't do L:L unless you have a pact with us. Sorry.
Imaginary Numbers

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 2:27:44

Wait...so which clan started this thread to troll which? I see iMag here, but who's using pseudonyms to trolls them?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2011, 4:11:57

iMag doesn't do L:L unless you have a pact with us. Sorry.
iMag makes up policies on the go but that's already established.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2011, 4:12:40

Originally posted by NOW3P:
Wait...so which clan started this thread to troll which? I see iMag here, but who's using pseudonyms to trolls them?
OP is a suspected Monster, though LadyGrizz disowned the post.

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 4:57:43

Fun!

voltron Game profile

Aug 28th 2011, 17:06:03

Being a FA I would like to think that the FA would handle it before blowing it out of hand. With that said if Country retals it as RoR and I am assuming we are talking a clan and not untagged. If unpacted I would hope that the FA would have talked to others Fa and or Leaders to have permission first to take it as such. And only retal the one 1st.

Because over 24 hour to me is the norm and one I have used forever.

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2011, 21:20:29

IF it is a Monster that posted. And I found out...

They'd probably be kicked. Unless they came to me within 24 hrs of this post.

I'm assuming its not a Monster, as we've not had a Monster in all the years I've known the MOnsters, ever, once come to the boards and ask a quesiton like this "anonymously"...its not our way not acceptable. and everyone knows it.

So, no idea who you are, but I hope the dozen answers you got solve your problem.

Thanks,

Servant
Z is #1

m0bzta Game profile

Aug 29th 2011, 1:13:19

V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

trumper Game profile

Aug 29th 2011, 13:05:05

It depends on the time between B's retal on A and C's hit on B. The standard varies from 24 hours to 48 hours. Either way, you're creating a lot of ghost acres

Mapleson Game profile

Aug 29th 2011, 18:06:26

Country A = Wrath of a Stoner (#462) (iMagNum)
Country B = Running Around Scared (#109) (MONSTERS)
Country C = Unforgiven Polar Bear (#277) (iMagNum)

It was 47 hours between the hits by countries A and C and 30 hours between country B's retal and country C's hit. The threat was started by an irate iMag player, not a Monster. There are no other hit combinations on the server in the timeframe just prior to this thread that fit the above details.

It'll be interesting to see who backs down.

m0bzta Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 6:38:58

joo can try

Edited By: m0bzta on Aug 31st 2011, 6:46:59
See Original Post
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�