Verified:

Galandy Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 18:21:21

If you ever hear of ANYONE wanting to go here please do your best to deter them.

Just got back and we were over charged 86$. When we tried to talk to them they refused to do anything to resolve the situation and told us to just eat it. We found out later that the people next to us had the sameish type of situation happen to them for less money and they were not returning to the camp site as well.

Worst customer service was they finally offered us a 2 night stay for free to help us with the loss we took. Then when I asked why on earth i would come back and camp at a place that blatantly ripped us off she said the convorsation was over and we either took their gift to us or she could tear it up. I politely told her where she could jam the garbage from the ticket when she was done with it and she proceeded to tell us they have never offered anything to a customer like this before and we should be proud to get it.

Such a great weekend with the family to end on such a fluffty note of them overcharging us and accepting no responsibility towards their mistakes.

Never go and please tell anyone considering it to camp somewhere with more class.

That is all.
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

Alana Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 18:56:25

My friend Allan is from Port Burwell, weird to see that towns name on here LOL
Alana
LCN Peon

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 21st 2011, 20:14:48

omg lol that's right.. scary
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 21st 2011, 20:59:35

where is port burwell? what is this place? lol...
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 21:09:00

Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

vern Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 21:19:39

the provincial park in Port Burwell is much nicer than the sand hills which i believe is a privately owned/operated park

or next time go on down to Turkey Point, the hotel there rocks :)
and you can fish Long Point Bay

oats Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 22:22:27

You should inform the police and write a letter to the local newspaper.

ponderer Game profile

Aug 21st 2011, 22:27:50

I had a good experiences with Camping Alouette, but I don't know if that's a chain, or if their campground near montreal is their only location.
m0m0rific

Kuari Game profile

Aug 22nd 2011, 0:59:12

I haven't been to Port Burwell in a really, really long time :P We used to camp at a place in Long Point when I was a kid, though.

And the Turkey Point Hotel!!!! That was the first bar I went to legally ;)

Mr Charcoal Game profile

Aug 22nd 2011, 4:36:23

Should have went to Mexico, guns, gangs and customer service ;-)
Originally posted by NOW3P:
Religion is like a penis - it's perfectly fine to have one, but you're best served not whipping it out in public and waving it in people's faces.

Junky Game profile

Aug 22nd 2011, 4:47:05

well least they got customer service... wonder if they do Valey<sp
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Galandy Game profile

Aug 22nd 2011, 18:41:52

Its just sad that for such a great weekend we got treated like that to end it off. Good way to discourage us from ever sending anyone their way in the future.
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....

Riddler Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 13:10:46

$86 Canadian money?? well thats only like $5 so dont sweat it LOL

Thunder Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 13:54:21

You guys are dumb...http://www.flealfickr.com

BEST LEAGUES IN THE GAME...totally customizable..however you want

Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

trumper Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 15:11:10

I want to go to Polar Bear Provincial Park, but I suspect it costs a lot of $$ to go there.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 31st 2011, 15:13:47

If you want to see polar bears you'd be better off going to Churchill Manitoba in the mid fall.

trumper Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 15:17:16

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
If you want to see polar bears you'd be better off going to Churchill Manitoba in the mid fall.

Is that expensive too? And have you been? I kind of only want to see them briefly and then go into the wilderness somewhere for a black bear hunt (obviously I can't nab a polar bear).

My Canadian experience amounts to driving through Ontario between Windsor and Niagara and visiting Toronto for a weekend. But I do plan to expand it.

Forum Moderator

Aug 31st 2011, 16:51:37

Naw Churchill is pretty easy and inexpensive to get to, they have built a tourism industry around polar bears.

Every year in the fall the polar bears migrate from the north down to Hudson's bay to hunt seals on the winter ice. Their migration path goes right through Churchill. So every year for 2-3 weeks this small town gets literally thousands of polar bears passing through. The town has to board up their shops and homes to minimize the damage as they often get them strolling into the town proper.

I have never been, but I have a lot of interest in seeing it. I won't be able to go this year (vacation days already all planned out), but it is on my agenda for fall 2012.

Black Bears are relatively common, and can be found through most of Canada (although some places more commonly than others of course). I'm not sure on the hunting regulations for them, but I know that tags are available. Northern Ontario definitely has its fair share of them.

Originally posted by Riddler:
$86 Canadian money?? well thats only like $5 so dont sweat it LOL

Talk about living in the past, the Canadian dollar has been higher (or at par) with the American dollar for years.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 31st 2011, 18:02:46

yeah Churchill is the place to go. You just need to get to Winnipeg (there's nothing to see in Winnipeg) and take a train up. It's not expensive at all.

If anyone comes to toronto, give me a shout and we can do a pseudo earth meet (you won't see polar bears but I"m sure I can get a costume somewhere j/k)
:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Galandy Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 18:33:40

If its before the end of sept im in for a meet before I leave.

I will be heading to niagara at some point before i take off so i could make a detour.

I also plan to hit up Van city in the winter for some snow boarding and hopefully meeting up with H4 though he doesnt know it yet :P

Riddler Game profile

Aug 31st 2011, 21:40:12

H4xOr it was only a joke sheesh...

Forum Moderator

Sep 1st 2011, 1:07:09

yes but it is a joke that no longer makes sense heh.

therealvintage

Sep 8th 2011, 1:02:30

Your first mistake was vacationing in Ontario...wonders if people from Ontario realized how many jokes the rest of Canada makes about them...

Lobo Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 1:29:25

camp in...the woods.... is there no hike into the woods and camp places in Canananananda?
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack
The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone. ~Albert Camus

Original SANCT...

Galandy Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 2:57:09

Originally posted by therealvintage:
Your first mistake was vacationing in Ontario...wonders if people from Ontario realized how many jokes the rest of Canada makes about them...

You understand like 90% of canadas population is in Ontario and we do alot more of that about the rest of ya right? :P

mrford Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 6:56:08

I had a marine gas station in the Keys try to double charge me a few months back when i took a boat trip down there. It was for over $400 and i didnt catch it till days later. I called my bank and they took care of it completely. I will never stop at that station ever again. It did look like a shanty station but i was running low and running outta gas on a boat sucks quite a bit more than in a car.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

ocmatrix Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 7:32:51

Canada? Is that a new U.S. state?

voltron Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 9:59:37

First listen to Vin. She is a wise canucker.

second mistake is going to a park with a website like that. It looks like a preschooler made it up.

http://www.sandhillpark.com/

there is a spot to write a review if you are unhappy. Let the world know.

http://www.campsource.ca/.../default.aspx?parkid=1142

vintage'

Sep 8th 2011, 15:17:14

"You understand like 90% of canadas population is in Ontario and we do alot more of that about the rest of ya right? :P"

Technically, according to wiki and I know I know I should know better, Ontario only has 38.6% of the Canadian population...wow how they breed and grow in all that shi...err fertilizer...

And I know that NS may onyl have 2.5% of the pop but my grammer isn't bad enough to understand that question :P

Poor poor people from Ontario ;P

Galandy Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 17:28:34

+1

General Earl Game profile

Sep 8th 2011, 22:40:25

Originally posted by vintage:
"You understand like 90% of canadas population is in Ontario and we do alot more of that about the rest of ya right? :P"

Technically, according to wiki and I know I know I should know better, Ontario only has 38.6% of the Canadian population...wow how they breed and grow in all that shi...err fertilizer...

And I know that NS may onyl have 2.5% of the pop but my grammer isn't bad enough to understand that question :P

Poor poor people from Ontario ;P

I may live in Ontario, but thankfully, I can tell people I wasn't *born* here. What the rest of the country says about us is likely true, I probably say the same things.. this province is an ass backward fluff hole and we're not even french!

Edited By: iZarcon on Sep 10th 2011, 6:29:06. Reason: hmmm
See Original Post
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 8th 2011, 23:26:27

Ontario > all.

I don't know how Ontario is ass backward... is it because we actually have economic activity that isn't funded by the government or oil? :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

vintage'

Sep 8th 2011, 23:40:51

Suuuuuure Pang. suuuuuuure ;)

Forum Moderator

Sep 9th 2011, 14:39:35

Everyone else loved Ontario when natural resource prices were weak and Ontario was subsidizing them. Now that commodities are expensive (PS, the commodities boom won't last forever) they have nothing but bad things to say.

Talk about hypocritical douchebags :P

As someone who grew up in Ontario, but now lives in the west and gets to hear all the crap day after day, I'd argue that most of the anger directed towards Ontario is resentment (of the fact that Ontario, or more specifically Toronto, gets most of the "international attention", political attention, etc.).

Its true that Ontario doesn't have much when it comes to sight seeing (it is the Ohio of Canada), but fortunately everyone there is wealthy enough to travel, because everyone has high value jobs that doesn't require them to move to a mine or a drill site to acquire!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 9th 2011, 15:07:57

Ontario has great fishing.

If you like sport fishing, it's absolutely amazing.

I think fishing/outdoorsy stuff + Niagara Falls + Toronto are the only real "tourist attractions" we have. Ottawa is cool if you like government, but as someone who just had folks visit, you really need to go and find fun outdoorsy things to do (like whitewater rafting!) to make it into a great trip.

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else besides Ontario... unless I become super wealthy, in which case I am moving to America.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 9th 2011, 15:27:03

In terms of outdoorsy stuff I would say that Ontario has a lot in terms of site seeing but probably not as much as BC. Compare it to Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba or even New Brunswick/Nova Scotia though. However places like Toronto and Southern ontario aren't really designed to be international tourist draws on the level of NYC or Disneyland but that's not always a bad thing.

As a Westerner moved to Ontario I can tell you that a lot of that attitude is based on bad history stemming from the early 20th century and the Depression. however the memory is rather selective:P They would rather blame their problems on someone else.. especially since most banks are headquartered in Toronto.

Ontario has ~40% of Canada's population (not 90%).
The funny thing is that most provinces are funded in part directly (or indirectly) by money from Ontario. And as far as being backwards, that's true.. we aren't controlled by one company or political party unlike Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Maritimes. tbh I find many people from BC to be very arrogant. Did you know that most of the people who "riotted" and got arrested during G7 were from Quebec?:P

And yes there is a lot of hypocrisy on both ends. Politicians like to region bash because it's cheap politics and gets them elected and this only perpetuates the problem.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Galandy Game profile

Sep 9th 2011, 15:52:35

you know Alvin is in BC fluffy....

Forum Moderator

Sep 9th 2011, 16:02:08

Ontario may have good sport fishing Dave, but I'd expect other provinces to have it even better.

A lot of other provinces have more streams and inland lakes than Ontario does.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 9th 2011, 16:48:32

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
Ontario may have good sport fishing Dave, but I'd expect other provinces to have it even better.

A lot of other provinces have more streams and inland lakes than Ontario does.

Ya, but getting to it is a pain in the ass.
Manitoba and the Yukon have the best freshwater fishing (so I hear), but you need to fly to the lakes in Manitoba or freeze your ass off in the Yukon.

When I go fishing in Ontario, I'm still on a lake that's basically just me and my friends on it, it's full of fish, but I'm only 40 minutes away from a large-ish city (50,000 ppl... they have a walmart and costco!) and I even have power. :)

+ have you ever been to the perch derby out in orillia?
when you're back in ontario, we'll go sometime :p
that is some fun, fun sport fishing.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 9th 2011, 19:26:10

Galandy: of course I do. PS I said many, not ALL.:P
H4: Other than BC and Quebec I'm not sure there are other provinces that qualify.. Maybe Manitoba but I'm not totally convinced on that.
Alberta? no
Saskatchewan? no
Maritimes? no
Newfoundland? maybe
Yukon and NWT? yes but they aren't provinces:P

@pang: You need to take me to orillia :P

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

PowerOfLight Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 13:57:19

wanna go to a good park, go to KillBear Provincial park up near Parry Sound. Great place to camp.

Alana Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 16:34:18

KillBear is Awesome!!!
Alana
LCN Peon

PowerOfLight Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 17:53:36

zactly!! Bring your bikes and hiking gear. They have many trails to explore. A couple really nice beaches. A Pet beach. 7 camp grounds and almost 900 sites.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 18:47:11

nude beaches? :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....