Verified:

trumper Game profile

Jun 29th 2011, 11:26:30

I thought they would be fun to post on and this is GT

Klown Game profile

Jun 29th 2011, 12:41:26

I couldn't figure it out either. I guess religion is off limits here?

trumper Game profile

Jun 29th 2011, 13:05:00

Originally posted by Klown:
I couldn't figure it out either. I guess religion is off limits here?

We could test the theory. So, the Borgias...

braden Game profile

Jun 29th 2011, 15:41:36

wow, wow, slow down, i'm still only on episode six of season three of the tudors

(jane seymour just died, which was sad because i thought they were great together, but i believe next comes anne of cleves, and you know what, I'm holding out hope for this one to last)

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 29th 2011, 18:44:32

It's not that religion is off limits. It's just that there are certain levels of stupidity that neither I, nor pretty much every other advanced primate, am willing to accept.

Edited By: NukEvil on Jun 29th 2011, 18:49:49. Reason: grammar LAR
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

trumper Game profile

Jun 30th 2011, 2:20:59

Originally posted by NukEvil:
It's not that religion is off limits. It's just that there are certain levels of stupidity that neither I, nor pretty much every other advanced primate, am willing to accept.

Eh, seems callous to me. The prevailing thought, particularly on scientific theories (hence why they're called theories), isn't always right. Ergo, Columbus sailing off the face of the planet.

I'm not saying s/he was right, but I don't see the harm in discussing it. I tend to believe in both a higher power and also most scientific laws that exist today.

lus it's interesting to recognize the compelling number of similarities in religious texts. Some of which, really isn't off base...for instance the Great Flood and the archaeological discussions of the Bosporus Straights flooding. It was disregarded as myth by most in the scientific community until a few took the time to actually look at it.

So here's to open minds.

Edited By: trumper on Jun 30th 2011, 2:23:33
See Original Post

trumper Game profile

Jun 30th 2011, 2:23:20

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jun 30th 2011, 9:45:59

bah humbug!
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

NukEvil Game profile

Jun 30th 2011, 12:23:42

I'm not saying that he was right or wrong...it's just that, to me, it seemed as if he was just rehashing an old argument off of AT archive or a different forum altogether, and Dibs took the bait and was running with it.

I guess if we actually had all the posts from the past ~11 years here instead of on a different site, then my point would be more clear...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

trumper Game profile

Jun 30th 2011, 14:11:30

Originally posted by NukEvil:
I'm not saying that he was right or wrong...it's just that, to me, it seemed as if he was just rehashing an old argument off of AT archive or a different forum altogether, and Dibs took the bait and was running with it.

I guess if we actually had all the posts from the past ~11 years here instead of on a different site, then my point would be more clear...

That makes more sense. So I nominate banning Dagga :)

Jun 30th 2011, 16:22:22

meh, they question science, which is pretty much a straight forward kinda thingy where theories can be traced back and it can be demonstrated as to why it's stated as such and works the way it does, in favor of a divine stroke of irrationality that feels good. why shouldn't i take the bait and run with it until the line snaps?

did you think they were going to hurt my wittle feelings, or were you just afraid i'd get drunk and call them names?

Perkins Game profile

Jul 6th 2011, 22:53:23

i don't think anyone would actually be 'afraid' that you'd get drunk, probably because your 4' tall and have an extra nose coming out the side of your head. now thats evolution

Jul 6th 2011, 23:10:52

nice to see that someone from the younger generation at least makes an attempt to troll.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2011, 8:55:25

Haven't you learned by now, that Dibs ALWAYS takes the bait and runs with it?

Cerberus of the MI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!