Verified:

aponic Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 16:06:53

Allow formal pacting to be done by the tag admins in game. Limit countries within your tag to abide by the pact terms. Allow limited features in defining your pact terms such as FDP, UNAP (possibly make these non-revocable mid-set), NAP, DNH. Allow some limited features for defining your alliances retal policy and limit countries to hitting within the stipulations that policy provides.
SOF
Cerevisi

de1i Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 16:10:03

That's like putting bumpers up in bowling!

aponic Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 16:14:36

So Zarcon and I were discussing this and he does not like the idea of non-revocable pacts but of course, that is something aside from the fundamental idea of the tag manager. The tag manager would confine tagged countries to abide by the pacts or grabbing policies set in the tag manager.

A basic foundation like this could lead to a future solution of penalizing the number of FS hits an alliance could make if it dropped a pact.
SOF
Cerevisi

spawn Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 16:59:55

still stupid, since alliance pacts are a "community construct" that should be kept separate from the game itself
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

aponic Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 19:48:06

spawn, how about writing something more constructive if you want to call my idea stupid. Your response is stupid.
SOF
Cerevisi

spawn Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 19:58:36

as i just told you in IRC aponic, i dont have time to deal with little kids right now.

so learn to deal with criticism and other ppl opinions.

and try to improve your reading-comprehension as well
/slap iZarcon

aponic Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 20:02:03

Most of the community construct survives either on the EE board systems or via IRC. Boxcar is crippled, GHQ is missing many features for netgaining, and all other websites are private. Most alliances in the Alliance server have near zero board activity. I really don't see how a tag manager degrades the community construct of the game or a good reason as to why it should not begin to be integrated, to a limited extent, into the Alliance server. The tag holder can already micro manage the tag to some extent with the new tag news feature.
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 20:08:41

Quality posting by a moderator. I can see why you have your title.
SOF
Cerevisi

spawn Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 20:12:32

dont expect much love if in the first PM msg i get from you i get called a dumbass because you cant deal with criticism and other ppls different opinions.
/slap iZarcon

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 22nd 2011, 20:14:27

It would kind of make earth more like utopia. This has come up before and personally I think it takes something out of the game if it were enforced 100%. I can also think of a dozen ways to circumvent this as well. Although I think penalties/bonuses would be better. tbh.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 22nd 2011, 20:17:05

also this is confusing me.. the irc conversation can't be seen on this thread.. I'm gonna go all psyduck on this thread soon:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

aponic Game profile

May 22nd 2011, 20:22:04

Learn how to take some criticism spawn. What we discussed on IRC really has nothing to do with how you post as a moderator on the forums.
SOF
Cerevisi

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 23rd 2011, 1:33:47

i wouldn't really see a problem implementing that sort of thing on Alliance and FFA (maybe not team), since it's already so structured anyway. I wouldn't want to make it so you CAN'T attack a clan, but you could at least get a blacklist/whitelist warning saying "Are you sure you want to attack a player in CLANNAME? (DNH)" or something like that as a way to stop stray hits, etc.

would that address some of the concerns, or is this meant to be a way to keep players in your tag in line?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

General Earl Game profile

May 23rd 2011, 3:28:31

An in-game embassy would be great.. and a message noting that you are about to attack someone on a DNH list (but not stop or hinder the attack in any way) is a great idea.

Perhaps specific details of a pact should be reserved to clan admins only (if you even want to incorporate that aspect). Many people don't want this information accessible to everyone.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

May 23rd 2011, 13:42:55

Originally posted by spawn:
still stupid, since alliance pacts are a "community construct" that should be kept separate from the game itself

Id have to agree with spawn... its something that should be kept out of the game and dealt with among alliance leaders as a community.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Twist Game profile

May 23rd 2011, 16:44:33

I think Earl is right about the information level.
Even if some people do not want to ENFORCE any pacts ingame, forcing the members to click an "attack even though your clan is pacted" button would seem like a good idea.

That said, IF your word is good, then why argue against an enforcable embassy system ? Surely, noone would think about putting a knife in the back of someone they're pacted to ?!? ;)

aponic Game profile

May 23rd 2011, 17:01:44

I like the way you proposed it Pang. Something infomative.

Edited By: aponic on May 25th 2011, 13:44:30. Reason: in > it
See Original Post
SOF
Cerevisi

Makinso Game profile

May 24th 2011, 16:24:30

I like it the way you proposed it Pang.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 25th 2011, 8:29:54

what pang said... that's what we've been talking about for a while
Finally did the signature thing.

Detmer Game profile

May 25th 2011, 14:59:22

I am alright with having a list of tags that tag admin can have send warning messages before hitting however I agree with Spawn that our relations are community constructs and should not be formally implemented into the game.