Verified:

Ratski Game profile

Feb 7th 2024, 23:47:19

is an earthquake occurred destroying 931 buildings!
Population loss: 5,060 people.
You Produced: 1,050 Tanks, is this part of the game, other than to piss off the players ? Now I have to waste ten turns to rebuild it, I hate earth quakes, is part of the game.

Suicidal Game profile

Feb 7th 2024, 23:59:26

Gawd doesn't like you

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 8th 2024, 0:02:05

Originally posted by Ratski:
You Produced: 1,050 Tanks, is this part of the game, other than to piss off the players ? Now I have to waste ten turns to rebuild it, I hate earth quakes, is part of the game.

Well, real earth has earthquakes. I could ask about implementing tornados, hurricanes, and tsunamis too.

Wait, just 931 buildings?
That is easy peasy lemon squeezy small town nothing.... I have seen worse. lol

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Feb 8th 2024, 13:50:12

Because Earth has always been a game of chance, strategy, and skill. Whether it be politically protecting your country to random events coded into the game or by players willing to land grab you randomly. That is why after all there is a bonus that has to do with Luck.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2024, 14:03:47

It’s because developers love RNG.

I think they need to be capped at a certain number of buildings as I’ve saw some that were 5k+

Suicidal Game profile

Feb 8th 2024, 14:03:53

Originally posted by LittleItaly:
Because Earth has always been a game of chance, strategy, and skill. Whether it be politically protecting your country to random events coded into the game or by players willing to land grab you randomly. That is why after all there is a bonus that has to do with Luck.

More like "used to be" a game of chance, strategy, and skill.. Now all you have to do is hit bots.
A few more bot hits will easily make up for your losses and you can rebuild for readiness without fear of bots retalling :)

Auk Game profile

Feb 8th 2024, 15:42:38

The earthquakes wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that it costs a lot of money to reconstruct the buildings they destroy. It's a big deal when we're above 100,000+ acres.

Construction IMO is too much. Especially since the change that lead to many players being able to obtain 40,000+ acres of land with ease. The game was never adjusted to deal with countries this large.
Yay, new signature:
https://i.ibb.co/...s-a-paradigm-black-bg.png
Discord: HappyTheExceed
Paradigm's Secretary of State/HFA

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2024, 18:50:26

I demand earthquakes to be removed or a earthquake gdi you can join for free to not be affected by these harmfull events!
HeadHunter

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2024, 18:52:15

Originally posted by HH:
I demand earthquakes to be removed or a earthquake gdi you can join for free to not be affected by these harmfull events!

Ok fratboi99 calm down hahah.

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2024, 18:53:49

fratboi99?? who the f is that? I AM HEADHUNTER!
HeadHunter

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 8th 2024, 19:07:29

As Snoop said so eloquently “earth quakes are too negative in an already negative game.”

I agree. At minimum we need to cap the losses. 5k buildings is excessive IMO.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 9th 2024, 3:42:27

Originally posted by Coalie:
Originally posted by HH:

Ok fratboi99 calm down hahah.

Calm down KJ.

Originally posted by Requiem:
It’s because developers love RNG.

It is RNGesus

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

santti Game profile

Feb 9th 2024, 12:50:57

I am waiting for asteroid ...
SanttiE is here again!

Devo Game profile

Feb 9th 2024, 14:26:32

I think it would be interesting to change the formula to curve rather than linear percentage. For example, when you have 200k land and get an earthquake and lose 0.5% of your buildings it's not the same as when you have 5k land.

Likewise for cash booms. A cash boom at 200k land might yield you 20-30m more cash on turn but you might lose a half billion in cash worth of building cost for an earthquake to put it in perspective.

So creating a curve of rewards and penalties would be potentially really valuable.

NukEvil Game profile

Feb 13th 2024, 4:36:21

Originally posted by galleri:

Well, real earth has earthquakes. I could ask about implementing tornados, hurricanes, and tsunamis too.

I once toyed with implementing tornadoes. Didn't work out too well.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Drow Game profile

Feb 13th 2024, 15:03:30

Rng is RNG. Just one of those things. Its the whole "you can do everything right and still lose" thing. It happens.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Doug Game profile

Feb 13th 2024, 21:26:58

Because every time little Italy, he and Galleri are in line we lose thousands and thousands and thousands of acres lol
Paradigm VP/Senator
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.

Doug Game profile

Feb 13th 2024, 21:28:19

Originally posted by santti:
I am waiting for asteroid ...

☄️
Paradigm VP/Senator
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.

Detmer Game profile

Feb 18th 2024, 3:02:27

There are too few earthquake. I demand more.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 18th 2024, 5:21:08

Originally posted by Suicidal:
Gawd doesn't like you

That's incorrect, Gawd loves everyone....just not rainbow builds
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!