Verified:

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jul 29th 2023, 6:55:47

Hello Earthers,

Throughout the years I have made attempts at creating another stats site for EE many times. Progress was always made, but I would eventually forget about it for a long time... causing me to forget where I was going with the coding and what the code even actually meant when trying to pick it up again. There was one time I actually lost all progress on a major effort because I wiped the server thinking it was included in my backups without double checking.

Once I read eestats.com was going offline it gave me motivation to finally complete my Earth: Empires suite of tools by creating Earth: Empires Stats! I started a couple weeks ago, and it has been fun racking my brain figuring out how to do things as a hobbyist coder. Although eestats.com is actually not going away I decided to complete a working version of it anyway. Some polish is still needed in some spots.

https://li.epicgamer.org/news/
https://li.servegame.com/news/

I haven't started the Top 10 Lists page because I want to ask if anyone thinks it is actually needed? Also, please let me know what you think in regards to if this site is actually useful and if you like it.

Thanks, and have a swirvey day!

Edited By: LittleItaly on Jan 10th 2024, 20:45:44
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

neversilence

Jul 29th 2023, 9:34:15

Looks nice. Kudos on the effort!

Cathankins Game profile

Jul 29th 2023, 11:55:52

1. Estats layout is better suited for mobile where you can see everything at once (for phone users not having to scroll is nice)

2. Needs to offer something that what already exists doesn’t offer.

Put up a top ten hall of fame section for War mongers and Netters and it will be added to my favorites. Very nice work though. My only complaint is the information it offers is already available in game. You need some type of unique bait to lure the fish in to catch em.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 29th 2023, 17:54:11

Its great. But how come of all names you name it eestats? or yeah ee_stats.

It will get weird if we tell people to go to look in eestats, which site will they go to?

statistics_ee
statguru_ee
stathub_ee

?

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 29th 2023, 18:08:35

A suggestion. We currently don't have a correct DR calculation. If the can be fixed on one of the sites, that would be very valuable.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Jul 30th 2023, 2:57:49

Originally posted by Cathankins:
1. Estats layout is better suited for mobile where you can see everything at once (for phone users not having to scroll is nice)

2. Needs to offer something that what already exists doesn’t offer.

Put up a top ten hall of fame section for War mongers and Netters and it will be added to my favorites. Very nice work though. My only complaint is the information it offers is already available in game. You need some type of unique bait to lure the fish in to catch em.

I think I will condense a few of those end columns into just one "Status" column
Originally posted by Gerdler:
Its great. But how come of all names you name it eestats? or yeah ee_stats.

It will get weird if we tell people to go to look in eestats, which site will they go to?

statistics_ee
statguru_ee
stathub_ee

?

I thought about this and I think I will rename it to Stats Central to make it inline with Market Central.

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
A suggestion. We currently don't have a correct DR calculation. If the can be fixed on one of the sites, that would be very valuable.

What is the formula?
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 30th 2023, 10:43:59

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. An attack contributes to DR for 3 days but has a half life of 1 day. So after 24 hours an attack is contributing .5 Dr, after 2 days .25 and the formula is continuous not discrete. In express the values are 24 hour timeframe and 4 hour half life I believe.

Tmac Game profile

Jul 30th 2023, 14:01:23

I think express is 8 hour half life.

Also, dh dr only last about half as long. I don't know if that's exact.

Missiles don't add any dr.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 30th 2023, 22:27:20

It sadly contains unknowable unknowns. You can estimate the DR halflife quite well tho and for servers other than express andrewmoose's numbers will generally give you a very good clue what the DR is. Express halflife is iirc closer to what Tmac said.

It doesnt really need to be exact in order to give a very good clue if its a good target or not.

Right now if I AB a dude in primary 40 times, and someone checks 25 hours later and sees eestats show 0 DR and then he goes on to hit with a PS he will be quite dissappointed with the result. Just adding a continuous halflife for each hit and making each hit reset at the 72 hour mark (24 hours for express) will help a lot.

NitelL Game profile

Aug 11th 2023, 18:25:21

Express DR is actually part of the server details:

Diminishing Returns
This server has nonstandard settings for diminishing returns of attacks. DR half-life is 8 hours and country-to-country DR is 72 hours.