Verified:

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 21:44:16

why bother playing if your all going to top feed me. What a joke. I will make sure i spend my 3 billion ruining your roudns

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 21:51:10

such a joke

TNTroXxor Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 22:54:39

Why bother whinning when nobody gives a fluff ?

My fortune teller tells me that there's alot of flame coming your way...
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 22:59:44

OH GOD SOMEONE GRABBED ME

Get more defense. You're not a victim. You're an attractive target.
wut.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 23:05:18

i hate you the most TH :)

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 23:10:36

You spend your time crying and playing the victim card when things don't go your way.

I'd much rather you hate me than identify as my friend. I'm not down with such candy-assery.
wut.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 23rd 2011, 23:37:56

You misunderstand me!! I'm just a bitter old man :)

blid

EE Patron

Sep 24th 2011, 0:10:37

What is top feeding exactly? Is it just what people call attacking someone who is good?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marco Game profile

Sep 24th 2011, 16:26:49

Im with mavrick its becoming bs

Rockman Game profile

Sep 24th 2011, 16:30:26

Topfeeding is when you hit someone that you know can and will retal you. Midfeeding is where you at least try to bounce the retal and have a decent chance of doing so. Bottomfeeding is where you don't have to worry at all about bouncing the retal.

Marco Game profile

Sep 24th 2011, 16:32:40

Meh I've always looked at topfeeding as, if you can't retal the land in the same number of hits

blid

EE Patron

Sep 24th 2011, 17:01:58

Then why does he call it topfeeding when he's rank 30 and fat and two guys who were in the top 5 attack him? Just sore over being attacked I guess?

Edited By: blid on Sep 24th 2011, 17:06:16
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

TheVoices Game profile

Sep 24th 2011, 17:08:02

Originally posted by blid:
Then why does he call it topfeeding when he's rank 30 and fat and two guys who were in the top 5 attack him? Just sore over being attacked I guess?

Just sore over being attacked I guess?

Just sore over being attacked

wut.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 24th 2011, 17:59:28

LOL! Too funny! Uhm,slim up?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Deerhunter Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 0:51:26

this guy needs a tampon.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 1:10:33

Agreed!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 1:24:19

top feeding means lots of things now a days

back on the old server it was when a all jetter hit and the person was significantly less land and/or nw

nowadays everyone cries topfeed
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

justtaint

Sep 25th 2011, 6:47:11

Then what should it be called? Lets come up with new terms for everything, even though we've all played this games for the last decade (and have basically our own vocabulary that the outside world couldn't being to understand). Let's argue about semantics rather than the issue that the game is dead and has been dead for at least the last 5-6 years and was abandonded by both its creator and the company that was forced to buy it.

I got one better, lets continue the petty arguing because this is the internet and you don't have to interact with someone face to face.

/end sarcastic rant
SlashMD

crest23 Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 11:44:48

MD fool.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 11:45:33

At 20K+ acres someone should give mav something to whine about.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Marco Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 12:48:58

Crazy dave I thought that was a suicider?

We could call it taint, then when someone asks if they should hit, you could say "just taint"

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 14:12:22

ya'all play by funny rules!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

crest23 Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 14:24:44

Topfeeding is hitting someone that is significantly higher in NW than you are. It has nothing to do about bouncing retals. Anyone can hit anyone in this game especially in express with it's high turns rate (this is why AndrewMose can come in 2 days after with 360(360) turns on hand as a republic and feel confident he will retal countries that are currently in the top ten).

The beauty about topfeeding is a tyranny, demo, or dictator with high weapons and military strat sitting on 10K acres can topfeed a country sitting on 20K acreas for 2.5K acres with ghost acres, that can be a 3.3K-4K gain in land with a single hit. After playing your turns/buying defence and you are in range or higher in NW and get retalled, they get 1.5KA, if they break you.

Edited By: crest23 on Sep 25th 2011, 14:27:32
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 19:36:25

Your crappy nw and your crappy finish every round is testimony to the validity if top feeding crest. The symantics of current nw at the immediate time of playing does not matter. Why you hit me you were under my nw. When you finished playing the remainder of your turns you were slightly higher than me in nw. Semantics aside, it doesnt take away from the fact that attacking known players in a round usually significantly increases the chance that you will be retalled making a waste for both parties involed.

The recent lg on me for 2300 acres, in the last 6 hours of the round must not be a top feed either. I mean I am a weak 9 mil raw break with a stock that will surely beat the person who grabbed me. And there's barely enough time to earn production from the land that's higher than the cost to gain the land and build on it .

It's why running an all explore techer finishes top 10 every round. Because there are alot of players who suck and run big countries that make bad decisions and have poor finishes.

With all that said, it doesn't change the fact that express is still reasonably fun and that the douche bags out there that suck make for some variety of play each round.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 20:06:14

This is a war game with different individuals that have differing reasons for playing the game and possibly in different sets.

Last set I played strictly to war, this set to net, but like all the different aspects of the game, I had a bunch of very negative random things happen.

I have all the sad messages you sent me after I hit you crying about how I ruined your set and life sucks and I should also ruin everyone's set all because of one hit.

How many threads did you create this set alone about how the world sucks and life suck and the world hates you every time some hit you?

I bet if someone really wanted to get you, you would go with the wind and quit, real quick.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 20:38:05

Maverick feels like since he's a "known" player he should be entitled to get as fat and poorly defended as he wants with impunity. Those who are able to hit him don't "deserve" to. What an incredible baby. If you don't want to get attacked, don't be an attractive target, BOTTOM LINE.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 20:50:45

Says the guy who stole someones country name. its obvious why you did it in your "netting" set. Because you wanted to hide for your previous douchebaggery last round.

And no, im not saying that "known" players deserve a free ride. And im not implying known players and good players are the same thing. im saying players should factor in the persons ability into the retal. I chose not to waste my round retaling because I wasnt a commie and also because someone else already wreaked their rounds before I had a chance to really do anything. One can only imagine that they were in DR because other people felt upset with their "strategies" as well.

There is no one that is not attractive to a top feed unless you are an all explore techer with 7k land and 3.5 mil turrets and even then not really.

Earlier in this round I was being a baby and being emo just for the sake of the fact that i knew my round was over.

All im saying is that theres a reason why earth died in the first place.

Edited By: maverickmd on Sep 25th 2011, 20:55:40
See Original Post

Rockman Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 20:52:23

Maverick feels like since he's a "known" player he should be entitled to get as fat and poorly defended as he wants with impunity. Those who are able to hit him don't "deserve" to. What an incredible baby. If you don't want to get attacked, don't be an attractive target, BOTTOM LINE.

If you don't want him to whine about being hit, then make sure the people grabbing him aren't so poorly defended.

If you are going to hit someone and claim that their defense is poor, you need to be able to bounce their retal, otherwise your defense was poor, thus you were in no position to claim that theirs was poor.

If you can hit him and bounce his retal, you deserve to hit him. If you can hit him, but can't bounce his retal, then no you do not deserve to hit him. Get more defense, and then hit him.

If Maverick is whining about being hit by people he cannot retal, then not only is he a whiner, but he's horribly misusing the term topfeeding. I'm not sure which is the case, so I will cover both possibilities.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 20:57:16

Exactly. People with 3 billion stock can always retal. Thats my point.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:03:52

I hit him and he retalled and bounced, I guess that answers your question.

And if this whiner cannot win this set, I'm would be incredibly dissapointed. Cos when I hit him, he was looking pretty good even back then. And then he got a ton more acres. So he better win.

My money is on him not winning though, I already kinda know who will take it. And I told him that ingame.

Edited By: crest23 on Sep 25th 2011, 21:11:25
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:04:43

If you can't effectively retal a grab on you, don't have the def to deter the grab, and are holding onto 3 billion in cash, you deserve to be relieved of some acres.

Getting grabbed when you're an attractive target (especially one so poorly built to defend your land, apparently) is the way the game works. If you're expecting pity, I wouldn't suggest holding your breath.

Even if you were correct and it WAS just a fluff move, instead of just smart and effective grabbing as it appears, you are not entitled to that land...you have to put in the work to keep it. If you can't, it's your own fault.

Play smarter next time, and go somewhere else to cry about your mistakes. If it makes you feel any better, I would have at least triple tapped you for the set up you were trying to run.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:10:50

He's been begging everyone to ruin others set just so he can win. He knows he cannot win (look good) unless he makes someone else look bad.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:14:35

pm me his # :-)

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:15:02

Yeah im sure you could win after lossing 5000 acres after paying to build on it. Im sure you could. oh wait crest im not sure you can even finish in top 10? maybe top 15 if its a really really low round?

I understand that no one cares. And im not actually mad. I understand that its fair to grab. Partially I tried to bring the point home that it sucks that people grab people who are around the top 25 all round and run turret heavy countries.

I understand that the game has a built in mechanic that allows 50% more on a PS and 3 OA vs 2 DA making it impossible to defend against someone who "decides" that you are land fat.

Another argument i was making was that it is dissappointing that people grabbed me, because I consistently have reasonable finishes. And that, while i have the ability to retal, it is very frustrating to have to mismanage/waste so much just to waste on a retal that ultimately weakens both of our countries overall.

I apologize for being so upset initially on Friday. It was Friday, and I was pissed because i was sitting at work just waiting to leave!

Anyway, i understand that discussing things is pointless, and that most of you cant get past my initial "baby" like post and have real conversation.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 21:15:24

Maverick had been attacked 3 times when he made this thread, he was able to retal ZERO of those hits, and he moans about how these people don't deserve to attack him. When he posted this thread I went and looked, he was a poorly defended fat cow with low networth and high land. I actually don't know why he didn't get attacked more.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:19:16

If you're unwilling to maintain the resources to protect yourself from being relieved of disproportionately high acres for your NW, get ready to get grabbed a lot more often....and when it happens, you will have nobody to blame but yourself. People look for land. It's the way the game works. If you can't defend yours effectively, you are making yourself a target

You can keep complaining about it happening, or learn from a tactical mistake and move on. Your choice.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 21:22:39

To be precise, when I spied on him after he made this thread, he had over 10k land and under 1.5m turrets. Hahaha.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:24:49

Maverick had been attacked 3 times when he made this thread, he was able to retal ZERO of those hits, and he moans about how these people don't deserve to attack him. When he posted this thread I went and looked, he was a poorly defended fat cow with low networth and high land. I actually don't know why he didn't get attacked more.

Chose not to initially because I had hoped that I wouldnt get hit anymore and had a real shot at first place. Since I saw alot of other top finishers running into alot of problems as well. Again a point that I discussed above several times blid.

And like i said, ive had over 5 mil turrets all round. 6 mil yesterday and 9 mil now. Theres a balance between effective defenses vs income. I understand all of your points that I was too fat. When crest hit me i was low on nw/land, absolutely, but that was really only because of the circumstance for this round (170 per turret initially).

Like i said, 2 of the players had their rounds ruined anyway and didnt require a retal. The third was Whack and bite, and instead of being a fluff and hitting him this morning, I decided to let it go and see how well i could do. (Because I understand the cost vs benefit of getting land and stockpiling)

Its ok though. I was hoping to win sometime, and it doesnt look like it will every happen. You are all right, too serious for a text based game thats for sure.

Edited By: maverickmd on Sep 25th 2011, 21:28:31
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 21:27:48

Well, I'm not disagreeing with your choice not to retal, only your choice to complain about fair hits when you were a good target.

You didn't have 5m turrets when the first 3 hits occurred.

You can certainly win at some point if you play a good enough round, but this time, the first 3 hits you took were because you were an attractive target.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:31:14

Yeah i had 10k land with 1.5 mil turrets
and then i had 3 mil turrets on 11k land for the next 2 hits.
and then i had 7 mil turrets/500k troops/and 200k tanks for the final hit (Which was 6 hours before the round)

Initially (with crests hit) there really just werent any turrets available and my anger only rose once i feebly rage retalled him and mis-calced. (Hense the why my post seemed so emo)

Sucks for sure :)

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:32:15

Sooooooo.....

It's more effective to get topfed and lose land/stock than to pay a little bit more for the turrets that would have kept it from happening?

You may consider me officially lost on this line of logic.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:37:00

What is the appropriate amount of defense to land Now3p? Tell me that when I outlined above that its impossible to have enough defenses given the nature of PS bonuses and 3 OA vs 2 DA. You tell me the right number.

Was i land fat and turret light when Crest hit me? Yes a little. But at the same time he was running a 1.5 mil jet/ 500k turret country. So clearly looking to topfeed. (or mid feed if your decision is based specifically on NW at the time you look at the score sheet and nothing else). FOr the remainder of the hits, I certainly was not turret light.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 21:37:44

Yes you were. You were under 1.5m turrets for hits 2 and 3.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:40:23

Sadly I disagree blid, since I made an effort to not be turret light again and put everything i had into turrets after crest hit me.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:40:44

He was sitting on about 1.5M turrents when I hit him. I broke him with about 700K jets, I can't remember the numbers for sure, but I know I sent less than half his defence.

This round was bad for me cos I was in a war, had a lot of my cash stolen, got ABed, and you wouldn't believe the damage bioterrorism and poison in the waterways does to a techer with 0 medical tech when you are trying to recover from ABs. I lost about 50% of my population before my scientist, (who I promptly fired) found a cure.

So if you are whining about getting grabbed, I have no words for you.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

maverickmd Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:42:15

You broke GDI crest not me or im sure my round would look like yours.

crest23 Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 21:44:51

I also only had one OA, and mdemon can vouch me on that. I remember he was asking me to get to 1 million jets so he could go on a land grabbing fest. I certainly was not 1.5 million jets.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 21:47:22

Haha crest, if you were a techer it doesn't even matter what wars you were in, this round was already over for you...

Maverick, I spied on you and saw the low def so I don't know what to say.

Marco Game profile

Sep 25th 2011, 22:11:57

Why do I run out of food every 25 ish damn turns :(

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 25th 2011, 22:12:30

I have a "new term"

"Fatazz with no D"
(•_•)