Verified:

Pain Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 2:30:06

so if me and superfly name our countries I R Pain and I R Superfly is that still an issue?
Your mother is a nice woman

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 2:32:33

Originally posted by Soviet:
So two friends can't play on the same server?

Actually might as well call it 4 friends since me, galleri, Pain, and SF are all in WoG on team server, with others probably playing aswell.
oh my God, stop with the strawmans, for the 100th time this is NOT what I am saying or what I've said.

Originally posted by Pain:
so if me and superfly name our countries I R Pain and I R Superfly is that still an issue?
That would be a significant improvement because then there's no longer multiple dudes using a tag from a well-known clan on a server where clans are forbidden.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 28th 2012, 2:38:46

No you do not. Do you even know what tagging up is?

Let me show you:
example of express country:
AB Herbs n spices (#145) [] --> Blue Cheese (#3) [] -- 241B
No clan in the brackets.
Example of a tagged country in a clan on a server that has clans:
GS Bsnakes Liar (#887) [SoF] --> Terrorizer (#858) [SAMCRO] -- 46C/509F

One country is in clan SOF
One country is in clan SAMCRO

I don't know how much more I can explain this to you.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

elvesrus

Jan 28th 2012, 2:42:36

sounds like a grab at the old days before tags
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Pain Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 2:44:35

Originally posted by blid:
Originally posted by Soviet:
So two friends can't play on the same server?

Actually might as well call it 4 friends since me, galleri, Pain, and SF are all in WoG on team server, with others probably playing aswell.
oh my God, stop with the strawmans, for the 100th time this is NOT what I am saying or what I've said.

That would be a significant improvement because then there's no longer multiple dudes using a tag from a well-known clan on a server where clans are forbidden.

WoG no longer exists after this set so you should have no issues next time we use it.

maybe you should go harrass all the people with 2012 in their names, obviously they are all part of the mayan conspiracy alliance.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 2:45:26

[quote poster=galleri; 15058; 269829]No you do not. Do you even know what tagging up is?

Let me show you:
No clan in the brackets.

I don't know how much more I can explain this to you. [/quote]

Well it's physically impossible to tag up in that manner on a no clan server. But "WoG" is the tag on the team server I assume, and here they are both putting that same tag, "WoG," in their country names on Express...
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 28th 2012, 3:02:26

[quote poster=blid; 15058; 269834][quote poster=galleri; 15058; 269829]No you do not. Do you even know what tagging up is?

Let me show you:
No clan in the brackets.

I don't know how much more I can explain this to you. [/quote]

Well it's physically impossible to tag up in that manner on a no clan server. But "WoG" is the tag on the team server I assume, and here they are both putting that same tag, "WoG," in their country names on Express... [/quote]

And like I told you in one of posts above there is nothing wrong with that. How anyone names their country is their choice. They can honor the clan they hail from in another server, they honor kermit the frog, they can honor me, they can honor their cat.
You are still confused.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 3:05:33

Are you saying it would be okay if every MD player on Express, and there's like a dozen, all put MD at the end of their names? You wouldn't find that problematic at all?

Soviet Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 3:09:46

Why would it be? They all want to play express and identify themselves then so be it. Country names aren't going to get you deleted.

Stop being a tool and go sell stuff on the market already.
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

de1i Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 3:11:28

Countries using a clan tag in their name doesn't constitute clan activity, it is called a name theme. Something QUITE common on this server. It's their actions beyond that which matter.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 3:33:03

I will reckon that when Team server 1st started, Teams had different names. Now theres DBD1 DBD2 DBD3 DBD4 DBD 5,....... all sorts of SEX tags.

I think what blid is trying to say is that it could be a hop, skip, and a step away from solo servers acting like the Team server.

Afterall, having multiple countries is cheating, but if you and a friend do a coordinated kill of someone, that is not cheating (I assume this is true). It starts like this. Is it wrong, probably not. But the perception is what blid is talking about.

I wasn't here, but anyone care to educate us on how Team server was?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 3:49:26

Yeah, I'm curious how quickly it degenerated, if it was the first set or if it actually functioned as intended (5 players per team) for any period of time?

oh, in only the second round looks like there were two "Sexy Kinky Athletes" teams. And it slowly got worse from there.

And what crest says is indeed a worry for me. I don't actually think Express/Tournament/Primary will become clan servers, at least anytime soon, but according to a moderator (galleri) we are now allowed to all put tags in our country names. That is pretty disturbing.

Edited By: blid on Jan 28th 2012, 3:54:51
See Original Post

Pain Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 4:25:40

team server has always had multiple teams. it never worked as a 5 man team only.

putting alliance names in your country name has never been against the rules or frowned upon. you seem to be the only one who actually has an issue.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 4:32:00

If there's tagged countries in the individual server, regulating it will become a mess. Playing at all on it will be a mess. Maybe I am afraid to hit a tagged country because I see the tag? Or if I attacked I R WoG Pain this set, and then later I R WoG Superfly attacked me, could I report that as clan activity? A WoG retal? See how murky that is?

If there's a dozen players with WoG names, and I attack one WoG guy, does that mean no WoG people can ever attack me? Even if I'm fat? How do you prove it's a grab and not a retal? Can they all attack me all they want? So I hit one WoG, and get hit by 10 WoG guys after, and can't report it? It's simply not a good road to go down.

I really think I'm speaking sensibly and not being taken very seriously. Like minds are made up before even reading what I say.

elvesrus

Jan 28th 2012, 4:34:53

In case you haven't looked, superfly uses the same name in alliance too, where he is clearly tagged LaF. In game actions, even by those that choose to wear a tag in their country names, are different for each server.

As an example, if I took FFA seriously and went to war with IMP which has a lot of paradigm members, I wouldn't even think about that beyond knowing who might own which string. Seeing how this is a solo server, tags mean nothing, but you still might know someone by the name. People admit to skipping over those they know out of respect to the individual. Why don't you complain about that?

As is you have inspired people who have never been WoG, who have been killing WoG for a few months now, to join in against you in this idea.

signed I R WoG for Blid

edit: hitting untagged alliances is so 1999

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 5:27:49

Each DBD teams operates independently and doesn't take retals for other DBD teams. We just don't attack each other, and we all talk on our Boxcar site

justtaint

Jan 28th 2012, 6:19:14

Galleri are you seriously interpreting the "No Clan" rules to mean we can't tag up? I get what blid is saying, "No Clan" means you can't have a bunch of countries with 1: a tag in their country name, 2: allied to each other, 3: refusing to hit each other.

Do you remember back in the early days of 1A when there were no clans? You put your tag in your country name and the various clans traded member lists.

If it was as simple as meaning we can't tag up, WHAT'S THE POINT OF MAKING IT A RULE? We obviously can't join a tag in this server.
SlashMD

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 28th 2012, 8:03:57

You are late Slash :P

I know what he means after a day of bantering.
But still.....that is not what is going on.

Pain Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 8:08:55

justtaint i dont understand your point.

i still dont understand why you guys are relating a country name to a clan.

if i was going to have my alliance mates help me attack people who attack me it wont matter if we have similar names or not. if i was to have someone help me kill you for no reason, i would expect to get in trouble for that.

to be honest i only made this name for this one sett as a joke to superfly, but now youve irritated me with your mindless complaining so now i might use it again next set. i think you might actually see more of those next set as im not the only one who thinks this whole arguement is silly.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 28th 2012, 8:32:54

players are allowed to play with theme names, nothing wrong with that and its not against the rules.

And thats all i have to say on the matter.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

justtaint

Jan 28th 2012, 16:09:42

Pain,
Back in the day, way back in the 90's, there wasn't a "clan" tag. There was no way to associate your country to your clan, so you had to put it in your country name. Most countries in a clan put their tag in the name, and the bigger clans put out a list of countries in their tag.

Express states no clans. Do you see the similarity? If I got 10 MDers to come into Express and all put MD in their name, would you have a problem with that? (I'm guessing no.) What if I posted on this forum that any hit on a MD "tagged" country would be treated as an act of war? (I'm guessing yes, you would have an issue with that.) Now, figure out some example in between where I didn't expressly state it, but I maybe started messaging a select few ingame. You see where I'm going with this?

I have no issue with your country name nor Superfly's, and I'm not totally agreeing with blid. I'm just trying to explain how I was interpreting the whole "no clans" rule. It's basically why you only see me with MD in my country name even though there are anywhere from 5-15 MDers playing from reset to reset.
SlashMD

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 16:16:34

oh so its only clan play if more then 1 country has the same clan tag in their name?

can you explain to me exactly how having similar names constitutes clan play?

way way back in the days before the clan thing was implemented into the servers. The only way people tag up was by putting their clan tag into the country name. But that was over a decade ago and it doesn't apply here.
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 28th 2012, 16:38:24

You all have too much time on your hands are looking into the matter way more than it is.
I already once explained it, now has warster.

Go do something productive, like buy my military, or go eat some food. Feed your pets....

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 16:40:29

Originally posted by galleri:

I understand what everyone is saying but i think everyone here fails to see things from each other's pov.

Blid is saying "no put a clan tag on your name does not constitutes cheating. However, the perception is there and it will definitely affect at least some players"

pain, galleri, SF, etc.... is saying "it is not against any rules and they are not working together as a clan or technically tagged up like in alliance server"

This debate can go all day because you're both half right. It hasn't created any problems yet but anyone with forward thinking and willing to see blid's pov can really forecast the POSSIBILITY of what COULD happen.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 16:45:01

You all have too much time on your hands are looking into the matter way more than it is.
I already once explained it, now has warster.

Go do something productive, like buy my military, or go eat some food. Feed your pets....

I can post all day if i want as long as i don't break rules. And spending a minute here and there on this forum does not mean my pets will go hungry. Hell, i can do them both at once lol.

In fact, i just bought 2.5 mil units of jets and turrets, fed my fish, posted on this forum, watched john stewart daily show, ate breakfast and scratched my ass all at once.

And I post on forums while driving all the time. DC traffic always calls for netflix or senseless forum posts.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 16:57:06

I hope you washed your hands before you ate that breakfast.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 17:08:41

1. So just to be clear, if next set I see that SuperFly, Pain, blid, galleri, created nick in the I R WoG theme and I created one in that theme myself and when the set begins I ally blid and SuperFly. That's ok, right?

2. Everyone they hit, I also hit. And anyone that hits them or galleri and Pain, I hit with a message saying "Retal for your hit on I R WoG [insert name of blid, Pain, galleri, SuperFly here] any further reports of you in our news will result in very bad things!" Is that still ok? Note that I DID NOT communicate this with any of the four players. Is that still ok?

How many sets do you think it will take before any player with I R WoG in their names are left alone.

I could think up a whole lot of scenarios and run with them and I can guarantee you a few players might.

Edited By: crest23 on Jan 28th 2012, 17:13:38
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 17:49:33

noooooo BooBoo is dead. That bastard DT me and i didn't get to even make one hit back.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 18:08:51

Originally posted by tduong:

I understand what everyone is saying but i think everyone here fails to see things from each other's pov.

Blid is saying "no put a clan tag on your name does not constitutes cheating. However, the perception is there and it will definitely affect at least some players"

pain, galleri, SF, etc.... is saying "it is not against any rules and they are not working together as a clan or technically tagged up like in alliance server"

This debate can go all day because you're both half right. It hasn't created any problems yet but anyone with forward thinking and willing to see blid's pov can really forecast the POSSIBILITY of what COULD happen.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. When one tagged player gets attacked, it also gets real complicated what the other tagged players are allowed to do. Glad that even if you're not in full agreement with me, and are able to see the other side, at least you also see what I'm talking about. Guess the decision has been made though.

Hopeless Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 18:12:24

alright everyone let's make I R WOG (nick) next set..it'll be tight

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 18:31:36

i find it funny that the mods don't want to prevent potential problems to save them the headaches later.

I don't see a problem if this is a tribute to something for a reset or two. But when it becomes a pattern and other people start thinking "clan!" and start their own without violating the rules like discussed above. Mods will have a lot of work on their hands.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 18:33:02

I'm not against I R Wog in any way. Just please don't do it for the next 20 resets and then other tags start popping up like TSOs or whatever.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 18:43:54

I'm not against I R Wog in any way. Just please don't do it for the next 20 resets and then other tags start popping up like TSOs or whatever.

This is what I think blid was trying to hint at but was laughed at.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 19:09:18

some people just get really defensive if you're the least bit against their ideas. It's ok though crest. I'm about to LG you so no worries.

elvesrus

Jan 28th 2012, 23:48:19

last I checked, I'm TSO, but using I R WoG because people were complaining :p

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 23:53:37

I R WoG from XI, LMFAO!!!!!!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Pain Game profile

Jan 29th 2012, 0:10:40

Slash: i know people used to use clan names in their countries to signify who they are with 10 years ago. 10 years ago there were also 20k players and people ran multiple countries, bots, and talked in yahoo chat rooms. its no longer the same game or time, so its not a fair comparison.

i can understand blids point of view, even if i seem like im being a fluff. but the whole issue here is entirely based on a persons perception. if people started using clan names and actually started coordinating hits i would most certainly have a problem with that. but my problem would be with the coordination not with the names. hell if you got 15 MDers to put MD in their names i would do it too just for fun.

crest: no number 2 is not acceptable and i would expect that person to be deleted for that. youre taking this to the extreme. there are no plans to use I R WoG names every set. if blid hadnt blown it all out of proportion i would have went back to using other names next set like usual. but now a bunch of people are going to use it because of blids reaction, which i welcome because i think it would be hilarious to see half the server with the same names. thank him if you have an issue with that.

Pain Game profile

Jan 29th 2012, 0:20:18

some people just get really defensive if you're the least bit against their ideas. It's ok though crest. I'm about to LG you so no worries.

before or after putting some in DR intentionally?

<&ee> EM mbr master bedroom (#18) [] --> A Ferocious And Inactive (#71) [] -- 57338MU
<&ee> GS mbr master bedroom (#18) [] --> A Ferocious And Inactive (#71) [] -- 9438C/69F
<&ee> GS mbr master bedroom (#18) [] --> A Ferocious And Inactive (#71) [] -- 9082C/65F
<&ee> GS mbr master bedroom (#18) [] --> A Ferocious And Inactive (#71) [] -- 8737C/61F
<&ee> GS mbr master bedroom (#18) [] --> A Ferocious And Inactive (#71) [] -- 8406C/58F
<&ee> GS mbr master bedroom (#18) [] --> A Ferocious And Inactive (#71) [] -- 8087C/54F
<&ee> GS mbr master bedroom (#18) [] --> A Ferocious And Inactive (#71) [] -- 7781C/51F
<&ee> GS mbr master bedroom (#18) [] --> A Ferocious And Inactive (#71) [] -- 7486C/48F

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 29th 2012, 0:22:58

ah so tduong is helping JJ..
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

tduong Game profile

Jan 29th 2012, 0:33:10

crest: no number 2 is not acceptable and i would expect that person to be deleted for that. youre taking this to the extreme. there are no plans to use I R WoG names every set. if blid hadnt blown it all out of proportion i would have went back to using other names next set like usual. but now a bunch of people are going to use it because of blids reaction, which i welcome because i think it would be hilarious to see half the server with the same names. thank him if you have an issue with that.

if there are no plans on continuation then it doesn't matter. Calm down blid

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 29th 2012, 0:38:33

ARE YOUR PETS FED THIS EVENING?

GALLERI fluffS YOU!

tduong Game profile

Jan 29th 2012, 0:41:14

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:
ah so tduong is helping JJ..

Huh? i'm not allied to jj or am i exactly sure which country he is. I had a suspicion it was 71 but i never asked.

i wonder how you came up with that. JJ is bipolar towards me. One day, he hates me and the next he is nice. He's a weird wtf dude from my prospective. And every time i ally with him he ditches me mid set so i don't even ally with him anymore. Plus he always wants tech ally when he has 0 intention of being a techer lmao.

tduong Game profile

Jan 29th 2012, 0:43:21

GALLERI fluffS YOU!

they're still alive and i'm multi tasking again because i'm taking a dump with my laptop on my lap :)

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 29th 2012, 0:47:47

GALLERI fluffS YOU!

they're still alive and i'm multi tasking again because i'm taking a dump with my laptop on my lap :)

You are my new hero

blid

EE Patron

Jan 29th 2012, 1:01:22

but now a bunch of people are going to use it because of blids reaction, which i welcome because i think it would be hilarious to see half the server with the same names. thank him if you have an issue with that.
Or because galleri made a thread telling them to.

Pain Game profile

Jan 29th 2012, 1:16:23

because of how funny it is.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 29th 2012, 1:52:49

but now a bunch of people are going to use it because of blids reaction, which i welcome because i think it would be hilarious to see half the server with the same names. thank him if you have an issue with that.
Or because galleri made a thread telling them to.

Wrong. I never told anyone too. It's a choice anyone can make :P

elvesrus

Jan 29th 2012, 1:55:00

galleri who is nothing more than a player on this server if you bothered to read the text below her name

but seriously blid, your reaction will have far more people doing it than galleri's post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jan 29th 2012, 2:03:12

don't confuse that with that fact that if i see naughty naughty talk on this forum, I will still take action <3

XiQter MD Game profile

Jan 29th 2012, 2:11:29

I'm #98, #127 is my landfarm! dont take credit nukevil :(