Verified:

Duna Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 20:04:35

Originally posted by Makinso:
Duna there's some petit lies in your statement.

I know for fact you've attracted some russian mars players to Rival. Russian mars players posses basic knowledge on country running and how the basic mechanics work (mind some formula / rule /policy differences). The basic game mechanics (warchats, country running etc) they do posses.

So saying that they're all flat out newbies .....

True, they know some mechanics. But somehow their skills is kinda bad. I dont know why, but avg EE player is better than avg mars. I still trying to teach them some basic principes, but its so hard:) And most EE players was recruited during TIE war, less than 10 players joined after TIE war (and actually we dont have alot of mars playes). So we still have more than 10 ppl, who never played EE before.

As for your statement about 4 month newbies. I can say for fact we have newer players (hate the term newbies) that manage playing the game. It has everything to do with setting them up with the proper people to help them and educate them on how the game works. If you can't do that for whatever it says something about your alliance as a whole.

They know how to build nice countries (breaker worthy the least) and know how to hit in warchats, maybe they haven't stonewalled but they've at least filed their contacts.

Well, of course we have "good" newbies, who comes to warchat, attack and even stonewall. But not everyone is "good".

And well, i just wont to note, that i didnt said we losing only because of newbies. I just pointed to morwen, that i was telling it for last few months.

Ershow Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 21:33:04

We are losing because SoL has been better in all aspects. Period. I know it sounds gay, but a good arse whipping is probably just what Rival needed to highlight some rather sizable deficiencies that otherwise would have been ignored.

Marco Game profile

Jan 22nd 2013, 22:26:38

Originally posted by Ershow:
We are losing because SoL has been better in all aspects. Period. I know it sounds gay, but a good arse whipping is probably just what Rival needed to highlight some rather sizable deficiencies that otherwise would have been ignored.

Couldn't agree more. Add on the lack of activity from the old vets, which to me is the most noticeable downfall this war. As far as the mars players being experienced, they are. However i don't know the formulas from mars but their experience actually brings a little downfall to their ability here. Our training facilities are trying to be reopened as this war has shown us the light, we'll be working on it.

Bravo to SoL on an outstanding effort, you hands down won this war.

PG Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 5:50:19

Originally posted by Marco:

Bravo to SoL on an outstanding effort, you hands down won this war.

fully agree to both this posts
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

http://i.imgur.com/BFg5Y.jpg

Stevano Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 6:15:57

Learning experience for all!

PG Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 6:26:12

Originally posted by Stevano:

that is the only way u get forward in this game =)
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

Duna Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 6:45:48

Actually, SoL only better at walling;) But they are so good at it, what its enough for win:)

Pride Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 15:18:07

Originally posted by PG:
Originally posted by Stevano:

that is the only way u get forward in this game =)

EXACTLY, taking on challenges and not always knowing you're going to win is how we should all play this game.

Makinso Game profile

Jan 23rd 2013, 21:50:41

Thanks for the honesty Ershow and PG. It takes a real man(woman don't want to insult our female players!) to know when you're facing an opponent that has simply bested you, it takes honesty and guts to admit it in the open. But more importantly it takes a smart individual to know why that opponent has bested you.

When it comes to knowing why being honest is being honest to your self.

It's simple but effective self-reflection which allows you to push for improvement as a person or in this case as a tag.

Never the less it was a very enjoyable war kudos for taking on a war which has been a challenging for both in various warring aspects. :) (I came back for it as I figured it would be an enjoyable war)

Kudo's to the two women in charge who organized for this war ;)

morwen Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 12:55:39

I'm by no means trying to diss you here Duna, but lemming a 250k troops restart while it's online is just poor decision making. It would have been more productive to grow and build the restart countries, and save the turns for the next day. You know it will get online, you know it will make you waste turns and that eventually when you are out of turns or it's close to death, it will just get FA'ed out of reach for your restarts.

Don't make it sound like your own recruits are idiots please, they have feelings you know. Most people who visit this forum have delt with at least a recruit or two. If I'd be one of your nubs and read your post on here, all public and stuff, I wouldn't be too impressed and wonder how much of a friendly family environment there really is in my new clan. That's what we all advertise ourselves with, after all.

Also putting this out pre-emptively, don't give me the 'we-were-teaching-the-nubs-how-to-lemming' excuse now. =p

Sorry to the rest of the involved people. I don't think RIVAL sucks, or that your members suck. I fully expected to have my fifth restart by now. And I actually think that Mars players will be harder to form to your hand than complete noobs would be. However taking them was your decision and... reason or excuse, it shouldn't be on here.

(And yes duna, it is partly your fault if your fellow members overestimate themselves, you're a clan and you win and lose together.)

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 15:15:23

This friendly war just may end up leading to an unfriendly one me thinks...
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

PG Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 17:15:09

/shots missils on Chaotic_Colon..

NEVER!
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

Trife Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 17:25:32

Congrats SOL on the curbstomp!

Duna Game profile

Jan 24th 2013, 19:37:03

morwen - you almost guessed:) We was learing ppl how to run warchats (if you are about 1307):)

Not all recruits are idiots, but some are. And if someone act like idiot, i say it to him/her (and if they are doing good, i telling it to them also):) So i guess, if someone will read my post, they wont find anything new here. But new players will do mistakes. Its why they are new:)

Of course our lose is my fault:) I just told i predicted it:)

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2013, 21:07:27

/me passes Duna a cold beer :)
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Duna Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 5:05:00

Ah:) Thanks!

PG Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 6:06:06

akula it have to be vodka next time plz ;)
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

iScode Game profile

Jan 25th 2013, 21:01:13

Originally posted by Duna:

Actually, SoL only better at walling;) But they are so good at it, what its enough for win:)

thats crap, they have been better at target selection, HPM and restarting. Look at the stats, it clearly shows this...

Early on in the war rivals target selection was poor, hitting countries that had shown history of being on-line at that exact time before the war, If your already online its much easier to wall than having to race to the computer.

Sol's restart rate has been far superior to rivals, the countries that have died have been restarting straight away and getting oop while rivals have taken 2-3 days. Which is most likely caused by the newer members but understandable.

IMO wars like this, late in the set and close in numbers are 80% of the time won in the first 72 hours. If you look at those stats, Sol's target selection, hpm, hpk and restart rate were better than rivals. Another thing i just noticed as that they grabbed more as well, 35 grabs to 5 and a total of 8k acers taken of rival which can make a big difference in close wars.

Its been a great war, but Duna you can not say SOL has only been better at walling, that is not the case at all. If so the first 72 hour stats would be a lot closer.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Duna Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 9:38:04

Originally posted by iScode:

thats crap, they have been better at target selection, HPM and restarting. Look at the stats, it clearly shows this...

Restart rate for first few days was almost same. Later restart rate based on lose/win. HPM yes, it comes from activity, its almost same as walling. I dont have a good way to judge about target selection. Some of SoL decisions was strange imo.

Early on in the war rivals target selection was poor, hitting countries that had shown history of being on-line at that exact time before the war, If your already online its much easier to wall than having to race to the computer.

Again. Out of top30 SoL countries 25 come online in a few minutes (or even 15-30 sec). After you kill this 5, ALL targets are POOR, because they all are online.

Sol's restart rate has been far superior to rivals, the countries that have died have been restarting straight away and getting oop while rivals have taken 2-3 days. Which is most likely caused by the newer members but understandable.

And its again comes from walling/activity. But well, for first 72h i dont think we had 2-3 days late restart. And well, i think our restarts did better for first 72h.

IMO wars like this, late in the set and close in numbers are 80% of the time won in the first 72 hours. If you look at those stats, Sol's target selection, hpm, hpk and restart rate were better than rivals. Another thing i just noticed as that they grabbed more as well, 35 grabs to 5 and a total of 8k acers taken of rival which can make a big difference in close wars.

No. It never was and never will be. But i never saw one clan did well for first 72h and then fail after 72h. If clan doing well for 72h, he probably will do same after 72h. For hpm, hpk, rr look previous statement.

Its been a great war, but Duna you can not say SOL has only been better at walling, that is not the case at all. If so the first 72 hour stats would be a lot closer.

72h stats was close enough. But well, if you dont like "walling" statement, i can change it to "activity". Its almost same. But we had better countries (land, avg land, nw, avg nw, stock). Also, btw, i did counted. Almost all extra hits from SoL side comes from SoF tagjumpers. So, without SoF tagjumpers it would be alot more interesting.

maverickmd Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 15:32:35

MD grew by about the same number of members 25-30 or so. We had to train them during a war where SoF the biggest membership alliance FS us. Then train them during a round where it was decided 175 members was necassary to contain us :(

Everyone is in the same boat unfortunately :(

Maybe we all need some rounds of netting to facilitate development and growth :)

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2013, 15:53:32

Again. Out of top30 SoL countries 25 come online in a few minutes (or even 15-30 sec). After you kill this 5, ALL targets are POOR, because they all are online.

#1) you're a c. 60 member alliance, your kill runs should not be taking so long that your enemies can "come online in a few minutes"
#2) if they're coming online in 15-30 seconds, they were already online
#3) Scode's point was that your kill run timing was bad (so SOL easily had lots of members online during your runs) and that you weren't checking whether a member is/is likely to be online during your kill run (for instance using past playtimes)
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

morwen Game profile

Jan 26th 2013, 22:24:16

but it's totally the recruits fault.

Elihaar Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 2:48:43

We will rock ya!
Words that rhyme with rival are:

archival
arrival
revival
survival

Duna Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 8:31:04

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
#1) you're a c. 60 member alliance, your kill runs should not be taking so long that your enemies can "come online in a few minutes"
#3) Scode's point was that your kill run timing was bad (so SOL easily had lots of members online during your runs) and that you weren't checking whether a member is/is likely to be online during your kill run (for instance using past playtimes)

1) Our avg killrun is kinda same as it was always.
2) LoL man;) Its year 2013. Internet is everywhere. So yes, everyone is online always.
3) If we have same killrun time as it was with evo/lcn and significant increase of stonewallers, i consider it as SoL advantage and not our fail.

PG Game profile

Jan 27th 2013, 12:58:22

Duna stay off the board.
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

Soultaker

Jan 27th 2013, 21:59:17

bonus

Aimless Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 0:04:08

Thanks for the honesty Ershow and PG. It takes a real man(woman don't want to insult our female players!) to know when you're facing an opponent that has simply bested you, it takes honesty and guts to admit it in the open. But more importantly it takes a smart individual to know why that opponent has bested you.

It's simple but effective self-reflection which allows you to push for improvement as a person or in this case as a tag.

Never the less it was a very enjoyable war kudos for taking on a war which has been a challenging for both in various warring aspects. :) (I came back for it as I figured it would be an enjoyable war)

just like how we(sof) bested sol in our friendly war :P

Pride Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 0:24:31

Originally posted by Aimless:

just like how we(sof) bested sol in our friendly war :P

You guys picked and chose people who wanted to war. IMO you can't really compare the two wars.

iScode Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 3:10:39

wow Duna, i would refute your points, but well you obviously dont understand what I am trying to say.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Duna Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 7:29:44

wow Duna, i would refute your points, but well you obviously dont understand what I am trying to say.

Then try to explain it for idiots like Duna:)

morwen Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 10:09:14

Originally posted by PG:
Duna stay off the board.

Do it.

It's better for you, trust me.

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2013, 10:18:30

1) Our avg killrun is kinda same as it was always.
2) LoL man;) Its year 2013. Internet is everywhere. So yes, everyone is online always.
3) If we have same killrun time as it was with evo/lcn and significant increase of stonewallers, i consider it as SoL advantage and not our fail.
You do know that fighting a war against a ready opponent is a little bit different from blindsiding two unprepared clans at the end of the reset? You think Evo had their phone lists up to date and members hanging out in IRC with alerts set to their countries? Most of them probably just quit once they died.

And there's a difference between "being online" and being online. I wouldn't be able to get news that my country is being hit and then be able to log into it on my phone in 30 seconds, would probably be at least a minute. And that's assuming I have an SMS bot (SOL probably does) or IRC/some alert system on my phone..
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Duna Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 12:55:10

You do know that fighting a war against a ready opponent is a little bit different from blindsiding two unprepared clans at the end of the reset? You think Evo had their phone lists up to date and members hanging out in IRC with alerts set to their countries? Most of them probably just quit once they died.

Yes, for a first day or two - yes. But after FS everyone will be prepared and all alerts will be on. And they had big wallers. Just not so much as SoL.

And there's a difference between "being online" and being online. I wouldn't be able to get news that my country is being hit and then be able to log into it on my phone in 30 seconds, would probably be at least a minute. And that's assuming I have an SMS bot (SOL probably does) or IRC/some alert system on my phone..

Thats kinda your fault if you are slow. KR on me was 68 sec. I got sms at like 30 sec, got PC lag for like 10-15 sec and still nmanaged to login at 600 civ. So, 30 sec is enough to login even if you are not ingame (well, mobile internet is slow in some places, but you never know). So, if you cant login in 30 sec, its your bad. Thats why i`m absolutely sure SoL are best wallers ingame. Because they have alot of members, who are active and know what they are doing. And they proved it alot of times.

tellarion Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 13:43:44

Yes, for a first day or two - yes. But after FS everyone will be prepared and all alerts will be on. And they had big wallers. Just not so much as SoL.

Thats kinda your fault if you are slow. KR on me was 68 sec. I got sms at like 30 sec, got PC lag for like 10-15 sec and still nmanaged to login at 600 civ. So, 30 sec is enough to login even if you are not ingame (well, mobile internet is slow in some places, but you never know). So, if you cant login in 30 sec, its your bad. Thats why i`m absolutely sure SoL are best wallers ingame. Because they have alot of members, who are active and know what they are doing. And they proved it alot of times.

If people keep walling your killruns, change your killrun times....Even changing the time by an hour or two, or setting up an extra KR in the off hours can mean another kill. We had to do that against you guys last set. You have to adapt.

And I find it hilarious to see you fluffing about people coming online so fast. I'm remembering one KR in particular where we went through 5 targets that all got online within 1 minute, and it was supposedly their 'offtime' :P

Makinso Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 16:57:10

Duna seriously get off the boards and stop making yourself and rival look foolish. sheesh.

(Before PG has your head for posting against her orders?)

Duna Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 18:51:58

Originally posted by tellarion:
If people keep walling your killruns, change your killrun times....Even changing the time by an hour or two, or setting up an extra KR in the off hours can mean another kill. We had to do that against you guys last set. You have to adapt.

Well, this is good idea, we used it against TIE, but i hardly doubt it would help against SoL wallers:) And also late wars is very fast, because dead countries cant be replaced fast. Even 1 failed KR will make difference.

And I find it hilarious to see you fluffing about people coming online so fast. I'm remembering one KR in particular where we went through 5 targets that all got online within 1 minute, and it was supposedly their 'offtime' :P

I`m not fluffing. I just telling SoL are best at walling:) And well, 5 targets online was just luck for us:)

trumper Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 20:57:00

I'm still trying to figure out Yoda, err, I mean Makinso's comment:

"When it comes to knowing why being honest is being honest to your self."

archaic Game profile

Jan 28th 2013, 23:49:02

Originally posted by trumper:
I'm still trying to figure out Yoda, err, I mean Makinso's comment:

"When it comes to knowing why being honest is being honest to your self."

lol, +1

Sol just performed like Sol of old. Gained a small advantage early with good country builds and great target selection, and worked to increase the margin every day. When you look at the Sol war team, its not really a surprise, they've been at it for years. This incarnation of Rival is still pretty new, I'd say they did a lot of learning on the fly. You guys should redo this in a year.

Good job to both sides, kinda nice to see a FUN war for a change.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

anoniem Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 0:37:17

rival suck? SHOCK HORROR!
re(ally)tired

chase Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 1:29:20

hi

matti Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 1:35:52

...Almost all extra hits from SoL side comes from SoF tagjumpers. So, without SoF tagjumpers it would be alot more interesting.

Finally Matti gets some credit!
SoF Henchman

Wu Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 5:03:17

I survived 3 Rival kill runs...
I got no life and I was woken up from my beauty sleep at 4+am thus my walling is good.
Rival's walling is no good cuz they prob got a life and prefer to complete their beauty sleep.

THUS... RIVAL achieves Moral Victory!

.... and SOL is ranked too high.

Stevano Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 17:16:58

Originally posted by Wu:

Agreed ;)

tellarion Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 17:32:08

Well, this is good idea, we used it against TIE, but i hardly doubt it would help against SoL wallers:) And also late wars is very fast, because dead countries cant be replaced fast. Even 1 failed KR will make difference.

I`m not fluffing. I just telling SoL are best at walling:) And well, 5 targets online was just luck for us:)

You FSed us with 2 weeks left as well.. lol :P

Duna Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 17:47:55

You FSed us with 2 weeks left as well.. lol :P

And did warchat time change helped you?:)

tellarion Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 17:52:25

Yes, it did. We killed you and PG, didn't we?

But seriously, yes it did.

PG Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 19:16:19

you were lucky killing me =D

you had 20 min and u find the right time. ;)
RIVAL
MSN/E-mail:
EE inside message

pele Game profile

Jan 29th 2013, 19:46:15

PG place your phone in a plastic bag and bring it with you into the shower next time ;)

Duna Game profile

Jan 30th 2013, 8:51:53

Its more because it was last day and i wasnt very interested to save my country:)

Marco Game profile

Jan 30th 2013, 8:58:19

Originally posted by Wu:
I survived 3 Rival kill runs...
I got no life and I was woken up from my beauty sleep at 4+am thus my walling is good.
Rival's walling is no good cuz they prob got a life and prefer to complete their beauty sleep.

THUS... RIVAL achieves Moral Victory!

Actually our babysit button broke. :(