Verified:

anoniem Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:07:20

01:06 <anoniem> mrford
01:06 <anoniem> can i have the 5 pses now?
01:06 <mrford> busy
01:06 <anoniem> haha, so you're a liar then.
re(ally)tired

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:07:56

BTW, I didn't really do it for the free land, because I have other plans for my country; I just did it for the 'lulz'. However, if mrford wants to wait until next reset, I'll be happy to take the PSs then. Of course, he'll probably try to back out, but it's what I expect him to do.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:14:09

i think NA killed trojan, dont remember the other

but i guess i hit a untag back in 08, my bad

anon, you will never be allowed to touch my country

nuke, let me know
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:15:10

[20:06:30] <+mrford> busy
[20:06:38] <Nyaa> ford
[20:06:41] <Nyaa> hello.
[20:06:44] <+mrford> hi
[20:06:47] <anoniem> haha, so you're a liar then.
[20:06:47] <+mrford> im walling llaar in FFA
[20:06:49] <+mrford> brb

post the entire convo ass
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:20:42

Well, here's the thing mrford. As I implied before, my country will have absolutely no use for your land this reset. Being that you didn't put a time limit on when the 5 free PSes were available, and since you don't want anoniem (and probably anyone else) to take the PSes in my stead, you have 2 choices:

500 million bushels this reset. <<--This is half of what I suggested to anoniem earlier, so you're getting a little bit of a deal.

Or, I can take the 5 PSes off your country next reset.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:21:44

500mill bushels?

lol, ive never had that many
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:22:45

mmk, so I'll take the 5 PSes next reset you net then?

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:30:18

i was told you wernt playing and anon was in PDM

what kinda shady fluff are you getting at over there?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:37:01

True, I wasn't playing before December 30th. Took a little break there. The break would have been much longer had rl gone the way I wanted it to. Oh well.

So, 5 PSes on your country the next reset you net?

(BTW, I'm kinda busy washing dishes, so don't expect an immediate response).

anoniem Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:37:21

why, would i want to touch your country, minus the free PSes? you have nothing to offer me, other than what i can only imagine as rainbow buildings.
re(ally)tired

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:44:44

you wish

i have a try farmer war build that you probably couldnt kill if you wanted to

im enjoying your 7K acres byw

nom nom nom, cry me a river anon, this has nothing to do with you
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:48:12

nuke, there has to be a penalty for waiting till next set

if im not at war

call it 4 PSes and they all have to be done within 24 hours of eachother, ill make sure my break is low enough
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 1:58:00

I dunno, some of your posts towards me earlier in this thread were kinda insulting...

And it's not next set; it's next set you're netting...

Edited By: NukEvil on Jan 5th 2011, 2:00:00
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 2:03:39

what do them being kinda insulting have to do with this? lol

being a fluff is what i do, you should know this by now
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 2:19:14

Yes, I know that. Unfortunately, you neglected to realize that when you insult someone before making a bet with a promise, you should put limits on the bet and the promise, and not try to change the promise when you lose. Otherwise, the other party won't be as willing to agree to your terms.

So, if we're not going to worry about your earlier insulting, I will except taking 4 PSes the next reset you net, over a 72-hour period, beginning from the first PS taken. If any attempt is made by anyone other than myself to increase Diminishing Returns on your country, or otherwise decrease the returns from your country starting 1 day before my first PS is taken, and ending when my last PS is taken, then 2 additional PSes will be taken, at my discretion.

locket Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 2:21:30

Ill take the land if you two cant work out a deal? :P

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 2:25:12

now you are sounding like a lawyer

this was ment as a straight forward bet. you trying to make this difficult?

4 PS, 24 hours (only reason i said 5 is thats the max you can take in 20 hours or whatever it is, kinds assumed that was implied)

if you want something else i suggest you look elsewhere, ur lucky im even extending this till next netting set!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 2:29:03

All right, I'll accept taking 4 PSes over 24 hours. But my part about the attempted DR increase/return decrease still stands:

"If any attempt is made by anyone other than myself to increase Diminishing Returns on your country, or otherwise decrease the returns from your country starting 1 day before my first PS is taken, and ending when my last PS is taken, then 2 additional PSes will be taken, at my discretion."

Deal?

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 2:35:04

rage hit LCn last set because LCN were idiots and suicided us deliberatly. Stop claiming war alliances act without reason when that is not the case at all.

And stop trying to justify the farming of new players by equating it to warfare being conducted on 10 yr vets... they are NOT similar in anyway.

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 2:35:27

p.s. i also agree LCN have every right if they so wish to FS us this set btw.

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 2:47:30

Rage isn't a war alliance, so why are you even here?

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 3:02:10

the DR is to be expected and any attempt at it will reset the timer for the PSes
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 3:07:12

K, so 4 PSes, to be taken the next set you net, all within a 24 hour period. Attempted DRs will reset the timer.

I guess I can live with that.

locket Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 3:21:29

Wouldnt it be better next set you net nuk? :P

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 3:22:31

WASNT IN THE FINAL AGREEMENT!

rabble rabble rabble!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

BiffBuff

Jan 5th 2011, 5:01:26

LaF and EVO are trying to outdo each in running untagged players out of the game. It is ironic that it's these two alliances who have the only admins in the game?

EVO - ~2,000 hits for 36 members
LAF - ~3,000 hits for 51 members

I think it's neck and neck but if Pang can rally the LaF members for a late untagged player purge, they may get across the line!

It is a bit rich when they came on here and ripped SOL for "topfeeding" them after our war with imagnum. Point 1 - There is no topfeeding anymore. You coded it out of the game to suit yourselves - the only way to achieve decent returns is to be a similar networth. Point 2 - Stop blaming war alliances for all the evil in the game. You are using it as a smokescreen for your own horrible actions.

BB
SOLs Resident Pest
<Makinso> from behind works the best

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 5:04:32

A question i've asked myself many times NukEvil.

Much like i ask myself, why are you a developer? given you have contributed nothing but consternation and annoyance to anyone associated with the game ;-)

Also why are you a developer defending the destruction of the game?

Counter-productive no?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 5th 2011, 5:54:01

The only modification that we made to SS and PS returns was adding ghost acres.

Nukevil is a forum developer. He doesn't work on the game.

locket Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 5:58:08

Perhaps biffbuff could post the other clans too eh?

SancT 1,957
iMagNum 1,563
SOL 1,536
SOF 787

All of those are landgrabs. Granted I am sure most of sol's are on warred clans but imag is likely half and half. And sof has done 787. You could break it down to number per a member but I am pretty sure that the amount of people actually grabbing in each of sof evo and laf is fairly close so it isn't like your good friends havnt done anything.

787 hits would force plenty of noobs out by your reasoning.

I wont bother commenting on Sanct.

And no I don't see the same significance in your stats as you seem to.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 5th 2011, 5:59:07

re: "biffbuff's" randomness:
i'm not even active in LaF.

also, LaF never ripped SoL for topfeeding LaF. The only hits exchanged this set have been accidental special attacks that caused no damage. Not sure why you're making up randomness....

oh, and as an admin... as we've said before: new players are funnelled into the solo servers first and foremost. On the alliance server specifically, new players are given maaaaaany opportunities to join tags. we've made stuff super simple for them to be recruited, so that means that those playing untagged have made the active decision to play untagged for whatever reason.

I think of it this way....
being a new player in this game is like riding a bike. you can ride your bike on bike paths or in front of your parents' suburban house in a relatively safe environment (primary, express, tourney) and anyone else in the area will be on their bike as well.
The alliance server is like a train track, and if you ride your bike on the train tracks, you may get run over. you need to get on a train to be able to travel along, or you can keep riding on the tracks and see if you can outrun or avoid the trains.

not the best analogy, but you should get the jist. saying the future of this server is untaggeds who come here knowing nothing about the game is just not accurate.

let's stop talking about how untaggeds are so abused on this server and focus on RECRUITING players to tags here from other servers. That's where the new players are. We'll have the untagged/small tag problem fixed when we get the AI element complete, so focusing your energy on flaming alliances who are hitting untaggeds is nothing more than petty politics.

-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 6:00:37

wait

you are trying to say that a BIGGER clan having LESS grabs makes them even with a smaller clan with more then 3 times the grabs?

is my math wrong here somewhere?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

cypress Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 6:04:08

/me hands mrford a fluffy calculator

locket Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 6:04:25

I am saying they are doing the exact same thing. Stop trying to be so fluffing ignorant. Both of us know you aren't. Yes the top two are dedicated netting clans but there are others not far behind and other allies of sol namely your sof doing the same fluff. 800 hits isn't like it happened to one guy.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 5th 2011, 6:07:26

also, why is that the same folks who think the political situation will "rebalance itself" then think when it comes to hitting untaggeds, we need major shifts to keep the server alive?

Edited By: Pang on Jan 5th 2011, 6:14:04
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 6:15:06

i never said major shift

back in the day in NA, there was a 3 hit 72 hour rule for untags

that policy is extremely easy to implement

locket:

LaF: 59 per member
EVO: 56 per member
SoF: 11 per member

lulz, yes, SoF is doing EXACTLY the same thing.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Dragonlance Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 6:19:59

sorry slag, my error.

He is still annoying though!

locket Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 7:13:39

Ford I saw more laffers who were grabbing then soffers. So looking at lets say #182 for example. Any thoughts on what he is doing for those poor countries? I bet they all quit because of him

anoniem Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 11:18:30

I guess next reset Evo and LaF (as we're always the centre of attention) should just land-trade amongst their own tags.

That way nobody gets hurt, and we can get along with our business without cause for reproach. Unless you have a problem with that?

Oh, right, there is always something wrong in whatever LaF and Evo do!

--
For crying out loud- at least have some consistency in your arguments. According to some Evo/LaF don't get retalled by untaggeds, because we run most of them; however we are driving away our own "new player" run landfarms?

Which is it? They're our multie land-farms or they are new players?

I started this game about 10 years ago, and got farmed on the alliance server by many alliances, specifically UCN and was threatened to join or be killed. My school friends and I decided to set-up our own alliance for fun and often tried to kill each other's country. We primarily played tournament to learn strategies and so on. I mean you managed to get along fine, and you're a fluffing idiot.
re(ally)tired

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 11:46:18

LOL

This thread is Funny... long and boring to read... but funny
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

Helmet Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 12:07:58

Originally posted by Pang:
also, why is that the same folks who think the political situation will "rebalance itself" then think when it comes to hitting untaggeds, we need major shifts to keep the server alive?

I thought I was the only one saying it would rebalance itself, so I'm not sure where you think I've contradicted myself. Just because Ford is in SOF doesn't mean we share a brain. :)

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 13:42:52

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
A question i've asked myself many times NukEvil.

Much like i ask myself, why are you a developer? given you have contributed nothing but consternation and annoyance to anyone associated with the game ;-)

Also why are you a developer defending the destruction of the game?

Counter-productive no?

Gee, I hardly notice you on the forums, and yet you honestly believe I make no positive contribution here? So I guess I should take out most of the underlying forum code that keeps people from posting where they're not supposed to be able to post, do away with the new forum perms system, take away the forum search feature, and not let people see earlier versions of edited posts anymore? OOh, and go back to the old forum template? And maybe do away with the template for mobile browsers? Perhaps take out that wrong-password-login limit that keeps brute-forcers from trying random credentials too often?

I did a quick search for what you've contributed here, and so far, I've found nothing but the odd post here and there. In fact, you almost have as many posts as I do. Good job. But nothing else.

As to accusing me of 'defending the destruction of the game', I'm just going to assume you were busy chasing your brain around the bathroom while typing that, and call it a day.

aponic Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 18:03:15

NukEvil: You are backing out of the bet you made more than Ford. He offered you 5 PSes. That by default applies to this reset. If you don't want to take them yourself, then shut the fluff up.

and on a final note about 'balance for the server':
SOL and SOF splitting does not benefit in rebalancing the server. The notion of two sides is that both sides will act in union with their affiliates and participate in conflicts. As so many alliances on the server are unwilling to participate in wars, it would simply serve to pit SOL and SOF against one another in a perpetuating conflict that would increase the need for individual activity and decrease overall membership. If you really want to form coalitions again, show some real interest in warring. I dont feel like, with non-existant leadership, LAF, in particular, is in any shape to participate in such conflicts.
SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 18:11:42

Originally posted by aponic:
NukEvil: You are backing out of the bet you made more than Ford. He offered you 5 PSes. That by default applies to this reset. If you don't want to take them yourself, then shut the fluff up.

Oh, please. You know for a fact you've nothing to stand on here, so you attempt to put restrictions on something that had no restrictions while at the same time trying to discredit me. There is no 'default' in betting, unless you define it while making the bet.

I like the part where you try to sound tough, right at the end there. Unfortunately, it really won't help you much here.

P.S. As I've said before, I don't really care about the free land. I just wanted mrford to eat his words as much as I could force him to.

locket Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 18:13:47

You are right about some clans(laf likely is one) that would suffer in the type of conflicts you mention. Perhaps sof and sol should fight next set for the heck of it. Or sol and someone small vs sof if sof is too big. Would give you a bit of a diversion.

Helmet Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 18:43:23

Originally posted by NukEvil:

If certain things weren't made clear then you guys have to come to a mutual agreement, you don't get to dictate what they are. hehe

If someone borrows money from you do they have to make sure to set the record that you'll pay them back in this lifetime? lol

aponic Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 18:57:36

Originally posted by NukEvil:

Oh, please. You know for a fact you've nothing to stand on here, so you attempt to put restrictions on something that had no restrictions while at the same time trying to discredit me. There is no 'default' in betting, unless you define it while making the bet.

I like the part where you try to sound tough, right at the end there. Unfortunately, it really won't help you much here.

P.S. As I've said before, I don't really care about the free land. I just wanted mrford to eat his words as much as I could force him to.

If you are unwilling to apply common sense, then the bet could be fulfilled at anytime, meaning Ford could put you off for two years. Get real. You don't care about the land, I agree, you just try to make people look like they are backing out of a deal.
SOF
Cerevisi

aponic Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 19:01:47

You were right about Ford farming, but then you took it too far yourself. No one wants to see one of the developers showing off. Act like you are one.
SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 19:08:59

You were right about Ford farming, but then you took it too far yourself. No one wants to see one of the developers showing off. Act like you are one.

I figured that if I was 'showing off', I'd have threatened to have his country deleted or something if he didn't go through...

But anyways, a deal has been made, so the issue is closed, unless one of us backs out.

locket Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 19:10:29

Out of curiosity who is running that free jesus country? Same guy who was hitting laf/pdm earlier in the set id assume?

mrford Game profile

Jan 5th 2011, 20:41:27

so what, i farmed 2 years ago. who remembers that far back?

i dont do it now, and that was my point. but so nuke doesnt fluff his pants i offered payment, and that issue is settled
Swagger of a Chupacabra