Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 6:48:51

Originally posted by cyref:
some ppl will swallow anything, even when given an out.

But yeah if they treat infowars as a valid source of info, they cannot possibly have a gag reflex.

Just because you dismiss everything that doesn't line up with your twisted views does not mean they are wrong, i bet you dismissed those leaked emails from Hillary & Podesta too, you probably think the Russians edited them.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celeborn Game profile

Nov 16th 2016, 6:50:12

Originally posted by Celeborn:
she wins California by 2 1/2m votes and he wins the other 49 states together by 1m votes
so we're really gonna have to listen to the crying for 4 years how cali votes should matter more than the rest of the country put together?

You want to try a thought experiment that eliminates the election results of a state with a pop of 39 million people?
That's cool.

Try this one:

Three small counties in Florida - Bay, Clay, and Collier, have a combined population of about 715k people.
Eliminate them from the Florida results and Clinton wins Florida _and_ the Electoral College _and_ still wins the national popular vote by nearly a million.

cali gets 55 electoral votes, winner gets all based on popular vote
no one eliminated anything, but your call for popular vote only would mean 3 or 4 high pop states dictate to the rest of the country what will and won't be
can't see that working out very well
I am,
therefore I RAGE.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 6:55:56

Good news!!!!!

https://youtu.be/W4eYAL_25K4

,,!,, (-_-) ,,!,,
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 7:05:49

(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 7:42:18

Twist this cyref....

https://youtu.be/dCdJIiBPJeg
(•_•)

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 9:08:29

no one eliminated anything, but your call for popular vote only would mean 3 or 4 high pop states dictate to the rest of the country what will and won't be

Article One of the US Constitution addresses state's rights by giving every state two seats in the US Senate regardless of size.

Indirectly, you were eliminating California just by framing the vote total as a scenario in which "he wins the other 49 states together by 1m votes" and that IS thinking about the results as a number minus California.

It's valid as a thought experiment or a meme but my point was that California voters DO count, as do the voters of every other state.
My entire point is that I don't think the size of the state should matter. Two Senators per state addresses that.

In your state, when voting for governor, everyone's vote counts equally and the candidate with the most votes wins. The small counties or districts don't get their votes weighted more heavily than larger counties to 'offset large population centers'. We vote directly for the people that represent us with a one-person-one-vote most-votes-wins system everywhere in the US except when it comes to choosing our President.

I don't know why coming to this thread to discuss the future of the Electoral College elicits such hatred in some, complete with flurries of links from conspiracy websites and vulgar obscenities. I have not discussed the pros or cons of any of the candidates since coming to this thread yet that seems to be all that the manic emotional types can think about. I never stated who I voted for or even if I voted at all, but by the reaction of some you would think I voted for Charles Manson to tuck in their mama at night.

I suppose your opinion of the Electoral College might depend on whether you think of the US as a collection of states, or more like we are all a collection of one people, like our motto E pluribus unum. Out of many, one.

This isn't a new debate. Before the US Constitution was ratified there was one faction that believed we should choose a President by Congressional vote, and another faction that wanted it to be decided by one-person-one-vote popular vote results. Remember the time in which they lived - 13 states covering about 430k square miles with no electronic communications. As US territory expanded getting news and being informed on the issues was even slower and more difficult. The Pony Express didn't start delivering mail and newspapers until the 1850's.

James Madison and Alexander Hamilton came up with a compromise - the Electoral College - to appease the ratification debate. It was accepted and included in the proposed Article 2 so they could go on to other issues affecting ratification.

Also originally US Senators were chosen not by the voters, but by the state legislatures until corruption and political machines caused enough concern that only when threatened by a constitutional convention did the Senate agree to ratify the 17th amendment in 1913 giving We The People the right to elect our Senators by direct vote. It took about 70 years to get it done after first proposed.

I think the electoral college is outdated. And flawed. That's my opinion and I came here to see what others thought about it and the thread was taken over by a manic hater that thinks I'm going to look at every CT link about his intense hatred for Clinton that he throws at me. The 2016 election is over. I didn't come to this thread to discuss the merits of the candidates but he can't comprehend that.

When the Electors from each state meet in December they have the Constitutional right to ignore the results of the popular vote in their state and vote differently. In US history about 160 Electors have done just that.
They are the ones that really vote for President, our votes are little more than a suggestion backed only by tradition.

We The People won the right to directly elect our Senators in 1913.
I think it's about time we win that right for electing a President too and I hope it doesn't take 70 years.

Edited By: cyref on Nov 16th 2016, 9:16:06
👽

Oceana Game profile

Nov 16th 2016, 11:18:03

I have little problem with the electoral college or representation equal to states rep seats.
Current system :
If you win 49 states each by 200k, but lose California by landslide 100%, you would win election by a landslide.

Straight popular vote Same voting results The person that California was the only one that really wanted would win instead.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 17:09:38

Article One of the US Constitution addresses state's rights by giving every state two seats in the US Senate regardless of size.

Indirectly, you were eliminating California just by framing the vote total as a scenario in which "he wins the other 49 states together by 1m votes" and that IS thinking about the results as a number minus California.

It's valid as a thought experiment or a meme but my point was that California voters DO count, as do the voters of every other state.
My entire point is that I don't think the size of the state should matter. Two Senators per state addresses that.

In your state, when voting for governor, everyone's vote counts equally and the candidate with the most votes wins. The small counties or districts don't get their votes weighted more heavily than larger counties to 'offset large population centers'. We vote directly for the people that represent us with a one-person-one-vote most-votes-wins system everywhere in the US except when it comes to choosing our President.

I don't know why coming to this thread to discuss the future of the Electoral College elicits such hatred in some, complete with flurries of links from conspiracy websites and vulgar obscenities. I have not discussed the pros or cons of any of the candidates since coming to this thread yet that seems to be all that the manic emotional types can think about. I never stated who I voted for or even if I voted at all, but by the reaction of some you would think I voted for Charles Manson to tuck in their mama at night.

I suppose your opinion of the Electoral College might depend on whether you think of the US as a collection of states, or more like we are all a collection of one people, like our motto E pluribus unum. Out of many, one.

This isn't a new debate. Before the US Constitution was ratified there was one faction that believed we should choose a President by Congressional vote, and another faction that wanted it to be decided by one-person-one-vote popular vote results. Remember the time in which they lived - 13 states covering about 430k square miles with no electronic communications. As US territory expanded getting news and being informed on the issues was even slower and more difficult. The Pony Express didn't start delivering mail and newspapers until the 1850's.

James Madison and Alexander Hamilton came up with a compromise - the Electoral College - to appease the ratification debate. It was accepted and included in the proposed Article 2 so they could go on to other issues affecting ratification.

Also originally US Senators were chosen not by the voters, but by the state legislatures until corruption and political machines caused enough concern that only when threatened by a constitutional convention did the Senate agree to ratify the 17th amendment in 1913 giving We The People the right to elect our Senators by direct vote. It took about 70 years to get it done after first proposed.

I think the electoral college is outdated. And flawed. That's my opinion and I came here to see what others thought about it and the thread was taken over by a manic hater that thinks I'm going to look at every CT link about his intense hatred for Clinton that he throws at me. The 2016 election is over. I didn't come to this thread to discuss the merits of the candidates but he can't comprehend that.

When the Electors from each state meet in December they have the Constitutional right to ignore the results of the popular vote in their state and vote differently. In US history about 160 Electors have done just that.
They are the ones that really vote for President, our votes are little more than a suggestion backed only by tradition.

We The People won the right to directly elect our Senators in 1913.
I think it's about time we win that right for electing a President too and I hope it doesn't take 70 years.

Your popular vote win claim is a sham, its been established and proven that the DNC is engaged in widespread voter fraud thus rendering that "popular vote count" illegitimate, just because you ignore those facts and dismiss them as "conspiracy theory" does not make you correct, but it does make you stupid.
(•_•)

elvesrus

Nov 16th 2016, 17:44:00

Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 17:47:00

Whats your point, elfy?

Mexico has stricter rules in witch put ours to shame, shady voting laws = shady voting results.
http://www.snopes.com/mexico-voter-id/

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Nov 16th 2016, 17:49:26
(•_•)

elvesrus

Nov 16th 2016, 17:49:02

the point is both sides are dirty :)

Ruthie

Nov 16th 2016, 17:49:08

I guess I am done here, too many walls of text to read :P
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 17:50:56

Originally posted by elvesrus:
the point is both sides are dirty :)

Just because "both parties are dirty" does NOT make it ok.

Where did i say Republitards are clean?, we need widespread corruption clean up, both parties are a disgrace to our republic.
(•_•)

elvesrus

Nov 16th 2016, 17:52:39

never said you did, just trying to keep the playing field closer to even.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 16th 2016, 17:55:00

Both parties are sold out to globalism, that's the root of all corruption right there.
(•_•)

Dissident Game profile

Nov 17th 2016, 2:15:16

No... power corrupts.

farmer Game profile

Nov 17th 2016, 2:16:26

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Both parties are sold out to globalism, that's the root of all corruption right there.

So true an is the reason both parties don't want trump in office they are afraid he will up set the money cart.

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Nov 17th 2016, 2:31:36

Some men just want to watch the world burn
*Splat*

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2016, 4:53:23

Originally posted by Dissident:
No... power corrupts.

What do you think globalism is?....power.
(•_•)

Dissident Game profile

Nov 17th 2016, 5:07:26

If youre equating globalism with hegemony then ya... it's corruption. But in and of itself, globalism is the development of an increasingly integrated global economy marked especially by free trade, free flow of capital, and the tapping of cheaper foreign labour markets. Corruption is what politicians bring to it...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 17th 2016, 5:16:41

Originally posted by Dissident:
If youre equating globalism with hegemony then ya... it's corruption. But in and of itself, globalism is the development of an increasingly integrated global economy marked especially by free trade, free flow of capital, and the tapping of cheaper foreign labour markets. Corruption is what politicians bring to it...

In theory it is, unfortunately its being pushed by the big banks and their cronie investors, that right there is signs of corrupted entity.
(•_•)

Raikon Game profile

Nov 18th 2016, 3:57:48

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2016, 7:04:50

Originally posted by Raikon:
#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

I've been wondering what that really means. What year/decade/generation does that motto look to emulate?
👽

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2016, 13:33:59

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

I've been wondering what that really means. What year/decade/generation does that motto look to emulate?

Surely one you'll call conspiracy theory, so don't bother.
(•_•)

Scott Game profile

Nov 18th 2016, 13:49:39

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

I see you are still following the talking points. Election is over, you lost. Move on.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 18th 2016, 22:24:00

Originally posted by Scott:
#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

I see you are still following the talking points. Election is over, you lost. Move on.

He will fit in nicely in one of those "crying rooms" offered free of charge in colleges...

https://www.google.com/...ration-001262407.amp.html
(•_•)

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2016, 0:30:18

I know exactly what 'Make America Great Again' is about. It's a not very subtle dogwhistle to a certain segment of the population that yearns for the 'good ol' days' when blacks kept quiet, gays were in the closet, immigrants were invisible, and women stayed in the kitchen.
👽

Colo Game profile

Nov 19th 2016, 0:33:22

bahaha cyref wins. best troll post of the day.

Colo Game profile

Nov 19th 2016, 0:33:44

Week maybe?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2016, 1:40:29

I know exactly what 'Make America Great Again' is about. It's a not very subtle dogwhistle to a certain segment of the population that yearns for the 'good ol' days' when blacks kept quiet, gays were in the closet, immigrants were invisible, and women stayed in the kitchen.

https://youtu.be/N2WUBC4ocpY

Free education ^
(•_•)

Heston Game profile

Nov 19th 2016, 1:49:13

/me poops
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Suicidal Game profile

Nov 19th 2016, 15:16:04

I heard the exact quote on Fox news..... :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 19th 2016, 15:27:23

Haha!
(•_•)

Heston Game profile

Nov 19th 2016, 19:25:42

I got u liberals covered.

https://youtu.be/hCDAfa-NI-M
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

archaic Game profile

Nov 19th 2016, 20:14:06

I was pretty sure this thread was pure cancer but I decided to pop in and read it just to be sure.

Confirmed, this fluff hole needs chemo.

Edited By: archaic on Nov 26th 2016, 16:12:03
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

UnitedEarthDirecto Game profile

Nov 22nd 2016, 3:24:39

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 22nd 2016, 3:30:23

Equally offensive and accurate there, archaic

Colo Game profile

Nov 25th 2016, 15:12:30

Well that's strange. A part time mod found a post to be offensive yet nothing was edited or moved. It must be nice to know such powerful people.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2016, 23:00:02

It certainly has been sweet and salty with the grief and tears of the whiny, liberal, safe space needing triggered snowflakes. :)
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2016, 23:00:38

Oh, and Triggly Puff. LOL
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 26th 2016, 4:10:37

LOL!
(•_•)

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 26th 2016, 4:30:10

Originally posted by Colo:
Well that's strange. A part time mod found a post to be offensive yet nothing was edited or moved. It must be nice to know such powerful people.

0_o

I don't know anything about Archaic.

Dissident Game profile

Nov 27th 2016, 3:04:29

maybe the recounts will do something...

Neofight Game profile

Nov 27th 2016, 16:42:53

Already left.
Good luck to those who stayed.

Academus Game profile

Nov 28th 2016, 15:55:26

Trumped

Ruthie

Nov 28th 2016, 16:04:01

or maybe he will grow up and quit fighting on Twitter with made-up statements

*smh*
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2016, 18:24:33

Originally posted by Ruthie:
or maybe he will grow up and quit fighting on Twitter with made-up statements

*smh*

I'll take that over the hypocrisy of the left now claiming voter fraud!
(•_•)

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2016, 20:22:15

ugh we have a President-elect that tweets nonsense he sees on Alex Jones' Infowars but has only bothered with two Intelligence briefings since becoming Pres-elect.

And for those ignorant on the subject, learn the difference between voter fraud and election fraud. Two different things.
👽

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2016, 20:33:07

I don't believe your conspiracy theories, cyref, stfu!
(•_•)

Huma Abedin

Nov 28th 2016, 20:36:36

Open border or racist.