Verified:

Captain Control Game profile

Mar 23rd 2023, 20:36:33

I'll fight back. Game on.
I expect to lose but ill drag you down with me.
Look for the Greek Mythology references and bring a beer! 🍺

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2023, 1:28:28

You declared war on me. *shrug*

Mar 24th 2023, 1:38:09

Originally posted by Tertius:
You declared war on me. *shrug*

I'll stab you with my toothpick sword. It might not hurt but ill slowly get my revenge! *makes a fist*

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2023, 3:36:27

Also, not a real gripe (you can play how you like of course), but it's unfortunate that 1 or 2 grabs over the course of a set leads to war, because that just encourages farming one player to oblivion (better gains and less distributed risk).

Mar 24th 2023, 13:56:27

Also, not a real gripe (you can play how you like of course), but it's unfortunate that 1 or 2 grabs over the course of a set leads to war, because that just encourages farming one player to oblivion (better gains and less distributed risk).

You land grabbed me 2 times. Your 3 times my size.
I retaliated by bombing structures.
You land grab again. That is 3 times total. Plus you send harmful spy ops.

Your playing commi / indy. I'm a Rep / casher. What else can I do? Nothing, it's part of the game.
I'm not going to let you land grab me free of charge. Ill never have the military strength to get my land back.
So, here we are.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2023, 14:13:36

Yeah, no qualms on your attacks - that's all fair play.

I grabbed you once, then a week later I grabbed you again (because yeah, your only defense was high spies and you had the highest land outside the top few NW) and the server only has 30 people. You were then out of my range (you can only hit people half your size) and I wouldn't have attacked again (2x is the most I've done on anyone all set).

You declared war, opening the door for me to attack you without regard for GDI / NW, and then tried to bomb structures failing half. I attacked you again and then you nuked me. I did a few tiny bioterrors since you're a casher and you're clearly going to keep coming after me. You then went after my beautiful, shiny jets with ops.

My main point is that with two attacks, you lost like 700 acres and the primary gain for me was ghost acres. You couldn't know I wouldn't attack you again, so I'm all for you fighting back - that's the right idea for the game. The issue is you're not war prepped in any way. For future sets, if you run high tanks or stock missiles, people will think a little harder before grabbing you.

The alternative though, is what we see from the other top commie (and typically across servers) where they declare war on someone 1/7 their size, then hit them 3-4 times a day every day until the gains are no longer worth it. For as challenging as it is for you to fight back against me, it's quite impossible for those players. In fact, from a sense of competition, you sometimes see other players try to outfarm the same player to help reduce the lead for the player who started it (because with only 30 people there aren't a lot of great targets to begin with).

So yeah, not any complaint about you or our fight, just an observation on how being a small bully like my play which would keep you from the very top spot but allow you an overall nice finish (including a likely stay in game A), is actually detrimental compared to being a big bully and just demolishing one player until they're at the bottom of the scores list.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2023, 14:24:31

From my experience, if you multi-tap (the time in between attacks doesn’t matter) someone, you might as well full-on farm them because either way, they typically will try to do something back, and if all they can do is missile, spy, etc. That’s what you will get.

There are some situations where they can’t do much, but they’d have to be a really big noob/rainbow to be in that position.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2023, 14:27:43

Originally posted by Requiem:
There are some situations where they can’t do much, but they’d have to be a really big noob/rainbow to be in that position.

I try to focus my attacks on appropriate targets =P And even then, 2 hits is fewer than they're likely getting from others, with the exception in this case for Phlegethon, since I'm not sure others had the spies to get an op on him initially.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2023, 14:43:10

Roll the dice 😜

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Mar 24th 2023, 15:02:26

I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Link Game profile

Mar 24th 2023, 15:06:56

Originally posted by HEMPMAN1:

haha... wise words.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2023, 15:48:54

Originally posted by HEMPMAN1:

Lmao nailed it!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 25th 2023, 1:23:35

Hemp always has wise words for us.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 29th 2023, 22:10:03

Captain Control has hailed victorious. I am but a shadow of my former self. Kudos to the scrappiness you provided.

Mar 30th 2023, 3:17:42

Captain Control has hailed victorious. I am but a shadow of my former self. Kudos to the scrappiness you provided.

Cheers Tertius! All in good fun.

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 3:18:52

Originally posted by Captain Control:

Now kiss...
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Mar 30th 2023, 3:24:20

Originally posted by CaptainTenacious:

Now kiss...

Go home dad, your drunk!

CaptainTenacious Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 3:33:19

Originally posted by CaptainTenacious:

Now kiss...

Go home dad, your drunk!

fine! but i'm not putting my pants back on!
~The Saucy Buccaneer~
I drink in moderation.
Moderation being an imaginary place i go to when i drink.

Tmac Game profile

Mar 30th 2023, 3:49:02

Lol