Verified:

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 18:40:57

Discuss...

Pain Game profile

Nov 7th 2010, 22:35:12

yes, but since youre already able to what it there to discuss?

drop down out of A if you feel you need a new name. if you did something that causes your current name greif, well thats your own problem for not playing nice with others.
Your mother is a nice woman

snawdog Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 1:16:35

Well, you can't...less you drop servers...Why do you ask?
ICQ 364553524
msn

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 9th 2010, 21:15:25

say I hit player A 5 times on day 10 in a set b/c there are good returns and his country is not too threatening. Next set, player A may come back and start ABing me out of protection as a form of "retal". Allowing people to change their name obviously protects against such "cross-set" retalling. This was a bit of an issue in old 2A.

Furthermore, I don't know how the numbering works in this game, but in the old game based on a players # (I'm talking game A here) you could know how they finished in game A, B or C the set before. As a grabber you would pick on people with certain numbers and avoid people with other numbers. I won't give away how or why exactly b/c A) that would be a bit of a diversion and B) meh I want to keep my advantage if rules aren't changed.

Anyways, if we allow people to change country name we should also randomally number countries set to set as well (otherwise you could track down who is who set to set based on #). This would also lead to a "more fair" game imo for reasons at least alluded to in the second paragraph...

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2010, 22:32:30

They originally had it so that you could change your name from set to set in EE, but players wanted it back. If someone aggressively grabs at the end of set, then why shouldn't a player have the ability to return the favor in a future set?

I would be sad if they allowed players to change names without having to drop game levels.

As far as the numbering, I believe it is done how all servers are done, first come first serve. If you remake your country, regardless of what rank you placed or on what server, you get the next available number for whichever server you are placed on.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 0:58:45

Ah thats interesting, thanks for the info man. I think its a one set game so... I disagree with you about "why shouldn't a player have the ability to return the favor..."

KeTcHuP Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 2:17:15

Why can you change your name in other servers but not tournement? If someone in primary at end of set suicides/farms you why should they be able to not pay for it the next set, but in tourny they have to?
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2010, 4:07:16

In Alliance, people tend to keep things from set to set too, but is that bad? Cross-server retaliation is very frowned upon, but from set to set, there doesn't seem to be that same feeling.

Adding to that, Tournament is obviously special because your ranking in one set determines your future placement; so it is the one unique server that does have set continuity built in. That's one reason why I've always liked that you would need to keep the same name.

BobbyATA Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 4:26:17

Originally posted by Tertius:

In Alliance, people tend to keep things from set to set too, but is that bad? Cross-server retaliation is very frowned upon, but from set to set, there doesn't seem to be that same feeling.

Adding to that, Tournament is obviously special because your ranking in one set determines your future placement; so it is the one unique server that does have set continuity built in. That's one reason why I've always liked that you would need to keep the same name.

I'm convinced (not that I really matter...). Thank you!