Verified:

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 7:12:18

Discuss.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Sethra

Jul 2nd 2010, 16:08:48

Alright, discussing.

I found it was very quiet. Will be much more interesting when there are more players. Hopefully with them linking to FB, an increase will actually happen. *shrug* Until then, I plan on keeping on with a country to help keep the server alive.

afaik Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 16:18:46

it's not managed to capture the old tourney feel for sure... used to be one of my better servers.

i like the concept of no allies, but the practicalities aren't so great... you sometimes need to be able to drop some mil without it ruining your entire defence/strat.. allies help mitigate this.

Perhaps a quicker time-to-market would help with this in in lieu of allies? what 1 or 2 hours sound about right? or have a "pay for immediate market" option... cost 3 turns? I dunno... needs more fluidity somehow IMO, but obviously a bigger player base would help wonders ^^

Dragon Game profile

Jul 2nd 2010, 19:37:16

I hope some moron double taps me again. Last set, I didn't have enough Warfare tech to have lots of missiles. Although I must say that I ended up finishing ahead of the offending player.

I just started playing again after a 7 year absence. I'd love to see the player base increase.

Charles Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 8:36:04

dude dragon you need to take a chill pill, suiciding with missiles over a double tap when there's 40 players?

More than likely only 5 of those are good targets, very lame imo!!!

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 16:15:23

40 players is all the more reason to not double tap. Who's to say each of the five best targets aren't also intent on keeping you from holding onto their land, even if they aren't good enough to get it back for themselves?

The way you're talking, you make it sound like you are entitled...
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 3rd 2010, 21:22:39

Originally posted by Viceroy:
40 players is all the more reason to not double tap. Who's to say each of the five best targets aren't also intent on keeping you from holding onto their land, even if they aren't good enough to get it back for themselves?

The way you're talking, you make it sound like you are entitled...

Exactly. Bad behavior in the top Bracket of the Tourney will be rewarded with bad consequences.

Charles Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 13:12:17

^ Chill pill, i didn't double tap. I just made a single PS daily for 4-6 days in a row on 3-4 targets. I just hit the one with the worst land to defense ratio. That's all.

"40 players is all the more reason to not double tap. Who's to say each of the five best targets aren't also intent on keeping you from holding onto their land, even if they aren't good enough to get it back for themselves?

The way you're talking, you make it sound like you are entitled... "

So theres more reason to not double tap when there's less targets? How do you figure because the logic you gave is just crap. Take Alliance server now for example, most countries are often hit more than twice but that dosnt mean that their set should be ruined.

Entitled? Thats just stupid and denies the concept of the game. Also there's no way you can make my post make me seem entilted, so your just spinning crap...

As for Dragon's posts, what do you suggest?
We all run all-X countries? the server will die out.
We suicide because someone hits us twice? the server dies out twice as quick.

Edited By: Charles on Jul 5th 2010, 9:47:42
See Original Post

Dragon Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 0:54:46

If you double tap or worse, especially on a small server, well, I can't probably tell you what you are other than lucky you didn't double tap me.

You seem to suffer the same disconnect from reality that a lot of players do.

There's middle ground between all-x and multi-tapping other players for more acres than anyone needs to prove their netgaining ability.

There's NO argument you can give me that justifies you or anyone else hitting targets more than once and then leaving them alone. And as the number of players on the server reduces, the more idiotic it is to even consider more land as opposed to smarter netgaining.

Charles Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 22:02:25

heh, the more with less argument again ey?

You try jumping higher than me with less stock, it aint going to work :P

But seriously i do get where you're coming from. But land is the key to this game wether you like it or not. It do well, with any strat, more land = better.

Pain Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 3:45:44

i finished at over 14K acres and #8 spot last set on an all-x fasc farmer, with the exception oif maybe 1K acre coming from 2 retals i did on a guy who decided he wanted to LG me 2 time in a row.

the whole needing double taps to netgain arguement is complete bullfluff.
Your mother is a nice woman

Pain Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 3:46:36

Originally posted by Pain:
i finished at over 14K acres and #8 spot last set on an all-x dict farmer, with the exception oif maybe 1K acre coming from 2 retals i did on a guy who decided he wanted to LG me 2 time in a row.

the whole needing double taps to netgain arguement is complete bullfluff.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 6:00:34

Some guy double tapped me earlier today. I retaled him with a missile. He decided that I should learn a lesson.

And I did. His reset will be ruined at the time of my choosing. Maybe I'll get a friend or two to help me. What will NOT happen is that bad behavior will not be rewarded with inaction.

Charles Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 12:27:22

omg, i've been double tapped daily for days now, (serves me right for running a casher) but anyways, i'm not going to suicide them, it's the easy way out, if it becomes a serious issue, quad taps for several days i'll make sure his finish sucks, but never over 2 hits, and missile retals? that's weak, may aswell not retal him...

Assassin Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 16:17:21

"What will NOT happen is that bad behavior will not be rewarded with inaction."

so, given the double negative, bad behavior will be rewarded with inaction.

Pain Game profile

Jul 11th 2010, 20:40:15

lets not argue semantics, you know what it means

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 1:09:41

Missiles and special attacks are an admission that your country is not strong enough to reclaim your lost land by performing a proper retal. However, the message that you ARE strong enough to prevent the attacking country from holding your land (or at least from holding it in its original pristine condition) can be just as important.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 15:50:11

Originally posted by Viceroy:
However, the message that you ARE strong enough to prevent the attacking country from holding your land (or at least from holding it in its original pristine condition) can be just as important.

That's the simple message I'm sending :) And will continue to send. :)

snawdog Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 16:34:07

I am one of those that believe in the FFR's when needed as well.
If you want to farm me, i WILL retal any way that i can/want...
ICQ 364553524
msn