Verified:

alliswell Game profile

Jul 19th 2021, 17:38:27

Hello, first time playing tournament in 2 years, I am doing fairly well. At what time in the set does a communist, stop land grabbing? Or does that ever stop. Wondering if at some point and time you start cashing (I know you cash negative), trying to get top 5 or with hope number 1, thanks for all your help.

stdriscol1 Game profile

Jul 22nd 2021, 21:04:03

Originally posted by alliswell:
Hello, first time playing tournament in 2 years, I am doing fairly well. At what time in the set does a communist, stop land grabbing? Or does that ever stop. Wondering if at some point and time you start cashing (I know you cash negative), trying to get top 5 or with hope number 1, thanks for all your help.

I've always had trouble with this because at a certain point you will begin to hemorrhage so much cash per turn that you will need to luck out with late-set market prices in order to be successful. At least in my experience, I've been too ambitious in land grabbing which has exacerbated my cashflow issues towards the end of sets. I'm not very good at Communist/Indy though, so I could just be approaching it wrong.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 22nd 2021, 22:04:14

Keep grabbing til you can't run more turns is what I see people do in Primary every set, I've spied them late and they have lots of Military, Business and Residents tech besides the Indy.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SuperFly Game profile

Jul 25th 2021, 21:17:07

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Keep grabbing til you can't run more turns is what I see people do in Primary every set, I've spied them late and they have lots of Military, Business and Residents tech besides the Indy.

Bro is this a server in which LGing isn’t a trigger action for netters?

If so I am signing up for a tournament return!

alliswell Game profile

Jul 26th 2021, 3:05:51

Originally posted by SuperFly:

alliswell Game profile

Jul 26th 2021, 3:06:59

Super you should, I played on your team (on team) years ago. I’d like to see how much land you could grab in tourney. I’ll bring the popcorn.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2021, 4:11:48

Originally posted by SuperFly:

The times I played only a couple got butthurt and RoR me, there are people grabbing but once you're in game A it is guaranteed you will get retalled , Tournament is a whole different beast, fun actually.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!