Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2020, 21:10:10

The other thread is cluttered with a bunch of fluff... But I'd like an open dialogue about this.

Originally posted by Red X:
Originally posted by Requiem:
Originally posted by archaic:
**eyeroll**

This server needs to be deleted and all memory of its existence scrubbed from the earth, preferably before somebody knocks me out of the top 10.

I agree because this server has never lived up to its theme: 5v5 tags.

We tried to enforce that, remember?

I do remember, and I think that the game admins wouldn't have a problem with the spirit of the server again. The only problem is it's a mess to manage. Are you willing to put in the time to make it someway equitable and useful?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 27th 2020, 21:47:21

The other thread is cluttered with a bunch of fluff... But I'd like an open dialogue about this.

**eyeroll**

This server needs to be deleted and all memory of its existence scrubbed from the earth, preferably before somebody knocks me out of the top 10.

I do remember, and I think that the game admins wouldn't have a problem with the spirit of the server again. The only problem is it's a mess to manage. Are you willing to put in the time to make it someway equitable and useful?

IYR and IIR:
I tried to bring this up ... last yearish? I guess I should find the thread to link. I also brought it up with the admin team and mods.... and we brought it up with the community here. The community didn't want it. So it was dropped.
Honestly, I babysit enough. And this mess made mods quit before. Or they got pushed out.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Aug 27th 2020, 22:18:02

Congrats. I just spoke to Bug.
He has decided this will be like Harry Potter with a sorting hat.
Tada! You are on a team!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2020, 22:30:21

Well, it's settled then! At least it will be a different game experience!

BROmanceNZ

Aug 27th 2020, 22:32:21

Originally posted by galleri:
Congrats. I just spoke to Bug.
He has decided this will be like Harry Potter with a sorting hat.
Tada! You are on a team!

fluff yeah. All hail Slytherin.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2020, 22:37:55

Which one is the good house?

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2020, 22:50:34

I always imagined the hat saying Slytherin with a lisp.

But ya, sign me up. For SLLLLYTHERINNNNNN

Helllrush

Aug 27th 2020, 22:59:11

Which one is the good house?

Brick. She mighty mighty.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 27th 2020, 23:31:18

This can't make the server worse! I support.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 0:01:38

I always liked the prospect of playing Russian roulette, this could be as close as it gets, who will land the suicider?.....hmmm
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 28th 2020, 0:57:23

I think the rules should change every set:

Set 1: Random tags+ exploring disallowed at turn 1000, hitting only allowed within the team, ranks are determined by NW*(NW/your tags ANW). so basically the harder you outnet your tagmates the higher your rank. You fight and farm your tag.
Set 2: Random tags+ no hitting allowed against other teams, ANW and TNW of tag is replaced with 'NW of your top country/ members' and 'NW of top country'.
Set 3: Random tags+ exploring disallowed at turn 1000, all tags paired up at random with another tag at day 12 and hits can be exchanged freely with that tag for 4 days, ghost acres are boosted by 30-50% for a tag if itachieves a NW swing of maybe 20% in their favor. 4 days of rebuilding and prepping, then all tags are paired up at random in a second war phase.

Rotate these!

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 28th 2020, 2:01:00

I like the random tags, but yes if you all wanted this to have the old rules I'd be fine with doing it. I'd only mod this server at that point because it would require a good amount of time.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 2:10:13

No-one from Villains is responding. Nobody from HCaFC. We're just fine with the status quo. Why don't you all get together and create a new tag and then when its survived for 24 sets you can make suggestions for changes.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 2:12:43

We also have no need of mods or rules, except to keep multies out

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 2:13:09

Originally posted by Getafix:
No-one from Villains is responding. Nobody from HCaFC. We're just fine with the status quo. Why don't you all get together and create a new tag and then when its survived for 24 sets you can make suggestions for changes.

Drop mic moment. Ha!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

DruncK Game profile

Aug 28th 2020, 2:13:21

My idea is and always will be the best.

Oddball Server

Random teams of 5 may work best, but definitely not necessary

After 1000 turns, whoever has the highest current NW gets the 'Oddball'

Whichever team they are on starts getting points(1 per turn while holding the ball?)

Everyone everywhere tries to kill the person with the oddball, the only offensive actions said team that has the oddball is able to do is landgrabs and maybe spy ops?

Country with either highest civs killed or the kill shot then received the oddball.

Whichever team is able to hold the oddball the longest wins.

Netters don't have to participate, and even 1337 wallers will have fun fending off the rest of everyone.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 28th 2020, 2:20:11

We also have no need of mods or rules, except to keep multies out

I'm well aware that it's not a favored option. Spirt of.thenserver rules. It failed the first time for a reason. I really don't see it working again. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 28th 2020, 2:21:59

I like that one too. Needs a little refining I think and will be quite boring if the number of participating players is below a certain threshhold.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 2:35:41

I'm in favor of anything that significantly makes this server unique from the other servers we have. I'll take what I can get here.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 28th 2020, 2:39:59

**eyeroll**

I'd certainly try. The issue wasnt just the really hard management of it. We brought it up for re-discussion to potentially add the spirit of the game back to this game server and nobody was interested. ...Or rather most werent interested. I dont have an opinion on it one way or another. Whatever the players and admins want with this is fine by me.

----------------
EDIT: Galleri said most of this already:

Originally posted by galleri:

IYR and IIR:
I tried to bring this up ... last yearish? I guess I should find the thread to link. I also brought it up with the admin team and mods.... and we brought it up with the community here. The community didn't want it. So it was dropped.

Edited By: Primeval on Aug 28th 2020, 2:44:53

DruncK Game profile

Aug 28th 2020, 3:03:42

Originally posted by DruncK:
My idea is and always will be the best.

Oddball Server

Random teams of 5 may work best, but definitely not necessary

After 1000 turns, whoever has the highest current NW gets the 'Oddball'

Whichever team they are on starts getting points(1 per turn while holding the ball?)

Everyone everywhere tries to kill the person with the oddball, the only offensive actions said team that has the oddball is able to do is landgrabs and maybe spy ops?

Country with either highest civs killed or the kill shot then received the oddball.

Whichever team is able to hold the oddball the longest wins.

Netters don't have to participate, and even 1337 wallers will have fun fending off the rest of everyone.

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I like that one too. Needs a little refining I think and will be quite boring if the number of participating players is below a certain threshhold.

A brand new earth experience would draw a lot of people from 1a/FFA.

Spirit of the server rules and random teams don't do fluff for a dead server

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 28th 2020, 3:05:59

Code DR into killing and force ppl to use hybrid kills include tanks to kill pop etc.

That's an idea.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 3:08:27

Well the fact that they never would have made this server if it was just alliance 2.0 which is what it basically is.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 3:23:30

SOTS will never work if it is a mods judgement call over ingame rules. Also, when our clan threatened to hit another tag, our enemy would immediately attack a 1 or 2 person tag so we would get deleted if we hit them. This discourages new members to the server by chickenfluffs using newbs to escape the wrath of an angry wartag.

But again, if you want to reinforce SOTS, it should never be that I am allowed to hit a country and then get deleted for doing so after the fact. That's completely arbitrary, up to one person to decide its merits, and simply bound to cause a ton of drama like it did before. If you do bring it back, I actually have to be disallowed ingame from hitting tags under the rules, not up against a mod's judgment call. That's totally ridiculous and how it ever was played that way completely baffles me.

Support random teams and support oddball. At least then when I tag with someone suspicious, the netters here wont hold it against me and suicide me.

SuperFly Game profile

Aug 28th 2020, 5:58:31

Block the attack button all together. I want to all-x net in peace ffs

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 7:58:40

I used to actually like team a ton. Maybe that's weird. It's as KoH says tho, the last true desert of the all-x netter.

I am, at this point, almost in absolute favor of any change at all. It can even be rules that totally slant the whole game in favor of my opponents and I'd take it. You can even test bots retalling here and I'll be toxic player #1. Suiciders do too much damage in a small server for it to be worth repeatedly running your head into a wall. Just make it funner k thx byeeeee

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 28th 2020, 8:00:41
See Original Post

jjterrico Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 28th 2020, 22:23:20

Set 1: Random tags+ exploring disallowed at turn 1000, hitting only allowed within the team, ranks are determined by NW*(NW/your tags ANW). so basically the harder you outnet your tagmates the higher your rank. You fight and farm your tag.
Set 2: Random tags+ no hitting allowed against other teams, ANW and TNW of tag is replaced with 'NW of your top country/ members' and 'NW of top country'.
Set 3: Random tags+ exploring disallowed at turn 1000, all tags paired up at random with another tag at day 12 and hits can be exchanged freely with that tag for 4 days, ghost acres are boosted by 30-50% for a tag if itachieves a NW swing of maybe 20% in their favor. 4 days of rebuilding and prepping, then all tags are paired up at random in a second war phase.

Rotate these!

I like this idea, would give a whole new feel to the game!

DruncK Game profile

Aug 28th 2020, 23:20:31

I always believed that Team Server was made to be testing grounds for possible game changes, is there any background to that claim or am I just retarded?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 28th 2020, 23:36:40

It has certainly been suggested during the years I have been here. My suggestion up here is kind of a continuation of that.

I am not sure what was the purpose before tho.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2020, 11:46:07

I always believed that Team Server was made to be testing grounds for possible game changes, is there any background to that claim or am I just retarded?

I don't think there is any background to that claim. It was intended to be a unique server with a different meta-game, the 5-man team concept. That's my opinion, anyway.

DruncK Game profile

Aug 29th 2020, 13:43:46

I don't think there is any background to that claim. It was intended to be a unique server with a different meta-game, the 5-man team concept. That's my opinion, anyway.

You could just say I'm retarded, I'm not a snowflake like SOME people
/me points at all "netters"

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2020, 13:54:56

LoL -- you're not a retard! The only one who can intelligently answer that question is pang/qz because they made it. Although I have had passing conversations with pang about team server years ago, he (or qz) is the only one who can give clarity on it.

Maybe the game needs an overhaul because it's to the point that no one wants to be attacked EVER for ANY REASON. It is quite silly in a multiplayer game that pits people against each other with a "War Room" and "Spy Center" -- whose sole purpose is to attack or gain information about other players (countries).

You could argue this is just sim city to see who can get the biggest NW, but by design, that is not precisely what this game is. It is also a multiplayer game where you can attack others, defend against others, sell goods to others, etc... There is more to it than just that.

Maybe SuperFly is right -- remove the war room button?

archaic Game profile

Aug 29th 2020, 15:42:26

Spirit failed the first time because it stripped the game of the only part that is actually enjoyable. The politics and community. The game itself is pretty boring, but seeing DrunK fly off the handle and throw a tantrum every time I insult his mother is pure fluffing gold. Whereas mashing the send button 19X per second - yawn.

Random teams would take the focus off of relationships and server politics and put the spotlight back on the game. I'm sure that will work GREAT at retaining or attracting players back to the server. Putting a couple of pacifists from weedy on a team with a few "you must carry 9M turrets or you don't deserve to win" topfeeders like Cerb and SF is a recipe for success.

The server has a mechanical problem and everybody is trying to repair with an administrative control.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2020, 16:31:14

With that said, then, archaic. Lable this Alliance 2.0, and remove 5 man tags. Then you would have no arguments from me.

archaic Game profile

Aug 29th 2020, 18:39:50

With that said, then, archaic. Lable this Alliance 2.0, and remove 5 man tags. Then you would have no arguments from me.

As it was the first two sets it existed. I remember when we (MKR) migrated to EE from E2025 and played our initial set here to avoid getting buried in a server war on 1A. It was all fun and games until the fire nation attacked.

https://www.earthempires.com/team/1/clans?ranktype=tnw

Edited By: archaic on Aug 29th 2020, 18:42:58

DruncK Game profile

Aug 29th 2020, 19:43:24

Damn 398 countries?

I was excited when I bumped the players from around 60 to almost 100 lol

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 29th 2020, 19:58:07

Maybe the game needs an overhaul because it's to the point that no one wants to be attacked EVER for ANY REASON. It is quite silly in a multiplayer game that pits people against each other with a "War Room" and "Spy Center" -- whose sole purpose is to attack or gain information about other players (countries).

You could argue this is just sim city to see who can get the biggest NW, but by design, that is not precisely what this game is. It is also a multiplayer game where you can attack others, defend against others, sell goods to others, etc... There is more to it than just that.

Maybe SuperFly is right -- remove the war room button?

Maybe change the mechanics that make it so that a netting country has to be undefended to win and also change the formulas so that a warring country loses as much from getting hit as a netting country does.

Netter gets hit = theres always next set.
Warrer gets hit = yaya boost my spal more, please.

Warrers cry equally hard when I hit them day five anyway. Its just that later by nature they make themselves bad targets just by prepping for war. Its good defense vs suiciders, good vs grabbers and good vs enemy tags, but bad for getting rank 1.

If you think its the players(netters) that created that mentality in a vacuum like some here seem to suggest then you lack the game knowledge and understanding necessary to give good suggestions.

archaic Game profile

Aug 29th 2020, 21:24:50

1. Get rid of the restart bonus on Team. You die, you start from scratch. Make killing great again.

2. Automatic GDI for everybody just like tourney. You want to suicide or grief-grab, you need to make a commitment to it.

3. Limit attacks and spy-ops to 15 each per day. Suddenly the blindside first strike is no longer OP, suiciding is greatly weakened, and war would involve actual strategy and teamwork instead of just showing up with turns the first night.

4. Scale explore rates way back so that grabbing is a viable netting strategy and no longer purely a griefing tool. Right now on Team if you grab, you are saying unequivocally that "I have no intention of playing for a top 5 finish, I'm just trying to ruin other peoples finish". Grabbing has been completely coded out of netting, which is a shame.

My favorite idea which can/will never be implemented but I have advocated for over a decade - every set randomly swing every netting/attacking constant +/- 0-XX% from norm so that nobody knows exactly what will be optimal each set. Team would be a great place to implement formula RNG because the fixed clan sizes would prevent geometric scaling of random advantages due to having more members.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2020, 21:48:44

GDI in tournament is only an optical illusion, doesn't do fluff, people can still dump missiles on you at any time even if you never even spied them.
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Aug 29th 2020, 22:13:17

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
GDI in tournament is only an optical illusion, doesn't do fluff, people can still dump missiles on you at any time even if you never even spied them.

Yes. On you. Not on you plus 9 other random bozos. The point isn't to eliminate violence from the game, its to eliminate the ability of one player to violently remove numerous others from contention in one minute.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 29th 2020, 22:53:43

Yes. On you. Not on you plus 9 other random bozos. The point isn't to eliminate violence from the game, its to eliminate the ability of one player to violently remove numerous others from contention in one minute.

I agree, then GDI should be like in Xpress and Primary, if someone breaks it then you get the FS :-)
(•_•)

Hellrush Game profile

Aug 29th 2020, 23:12:16

Random teams
Vote for leader
Only leader can declare war on another tag.
Most be in war to hit someone.
Can only be in 1 war at a time. So no 2 tags vs 1 tag

archaic Game profile

Aug 30th 2020, 3:00:04

Originally posted by Hellrush:

Vote for leader

So what happens when you, me, DrunK, and two other poor random bastards end up on a team together?

DruncK Game profile

Aug 30th 2020, 4:03:02

Vote for leader

So what happens when you, me, DrunK, and two other poor random bastards end up on a team together?

You get over your need for attention and realize we're all dumb enough to continually bash our heads in over an outdated text based game. I forgot all about you last time fluff started because me and Braden were actually using landgrabbing to our advantage.

Seriously tho dude, you talk about me so much on here it's kinda hot. Wanna make out?

Hellrush Game profile

Aug 30th 2020, 4:32:06

Vote for leader

Hell for another Tag

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 30th 2020, 15:44:38

Vote for leader

Rotate these!

In my rules you;
Set 1: fight it out
Set 2: Either sort it out and work together or fight it out and lose
Set 3: Sort it out and work together or lose.

Either way all coflicts are likely to end at set end anyway because you get new teams. :)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2020, 15:48:17

I like the idea, tbh. Bug, let’s make it happen. It would be something I feel like more ppl would try. Maybe bring some life back to the server.

Hopefully, a side effect would be people embrace the 5v5 aspect too. Hard to say on that one though.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2020, 19:30:06

Random teams
Vote for leader

If we're going to do this then we should have some kind of coding that puts everyone under protection for the first 500 turns then it's all out war vs another 5 man tag, make it a war server elimination tournament style, I would play.

10 tags max
(•_•)

archaic Game profile

Aug 30th 2020, 20:34:24

Random teams
Vote for leader

If we're going to do this then we should have some kind of coding that puts everyone under protection for the first 500 turns then it's all out war vs another 5 man tag, make it a war server elimination tournament style, I would play.

10 tags max

The 'vote for leader' part is where this falls apart, not to mention "10 tags max" = 50 players, which is a pretty low ceiling.

Without politics wart would just be about throwing a dart at another random tag and blindsiding them for no other reason than that they were there.

So, here's a different plan. Hunger games.

Random tags, everybody is at war with everybody else but is free to make allies as well. Run it just like tourney, top half of tags move up the ladder IF they choose to stay together. Bottom half and all new entrant players get reshuffled every set. Do it in two set couplets - winners of winners bracket set get a 1st place on their page for a Team Tourney win, then they get recycled back into the bottom tier. At most no team would be together for more than 2 sets.

It would take a little shaking to make it work. If only 4 people wanted to play the winners set, add a random player out of the recycle pool to fill the slot. You'd have to decide what the winning metric would be, but TNW works just as well for a war metric as it does for a netting metric.

Just imagine all of the alliances crumbling as the top teams stab each other in the back late in the set trying to secure the win. May the odds be ever in your favor.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 31st 2020, 0:25:01

The more ideas we drop the better the outcome IMO, something good can be developed out of everyone's input.
(•_•)